test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to get all the achievements if you're over dungeon level?

rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Basically what I'd like to do is to get (after investing a lot of time) all the achievements in the game. Sadly my character is above 2 dungeons or so which I've never came to finish.
How can I get the achievements from those?

If I complete the epic/elite w.e the name counterpart, will it give me the normal dungeon achievement too? Most probably not but thats how it worked in other MMOs.

Also I'm interested in getting all the lore pieces and if there are some parts in quests that you cannot repeat (99% of em) is that lore lost? Can I revisit the map by helping a friend with the quest I've already completed?

Thanks.
Post edited by rahama2forum on

Comments

• Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dungeon wise, you can always enter a dungeon with a group if you know where the dungeon door is. and yes if your friend shares the quest you should be able to get them. but if you do the quests with your friend then they will be harder for your friend.

• Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad game design makes it hard.
  • Options
    jiki05jiki05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should have at least have all the dungeons that you can do unlocked to queue for.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . We should be allowed to re-do any content once we have out-leveled it. I rose a fuss over this in STO, as did many others, and we eventually were blessed with the ability to repeat every single quest in the game as many times as we like. Hopefully they do the same here.
  • Options
    jiki05jiki05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, my wife and I play this game and I outleveled her already and I would love to able to just enter a dungeon I outleveled to help her out and not walk all the way there.
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I rose a fuss over this in STO, as did many others, and we eventually were blessed with the ability to repeat every single quest in the game as many times as we like. Hopefully they do the same here.

you can already share most quests to play them together (with interesting results, there's one that gives you a green profession booster.... )

tbh this is wow-tier design back in 2008. there are plenty of ways to adjust player level, just look at rift or gw2. heck they already have a system like that in place for CO's world bosses.
    Bad game design makes it hard.

my preferred example is mad dragon, listed as lvl34, you can queue at 30, so you might think "ok, one or two levels above will be ok" - haha, lvl 36 is idris
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . We should be allowed to re-do any content once we have out-leveled it. I rose a fuss over this in STO, as did many others, and we eventually were blessed with the ability to repeat every single quest in the game as many times as we like. Hopefully they do the same here.

They also should have CO/STO's features of sidekicking (raising your level) and exemplaring (lowering your level)...but for some reason NW doesn't.

Makes no sense to be honest, considering that the Cryptic Engine that powers all three games is, well, powering all three games (but different versions). Why does one game have features the other doesn't?
  • Options
    bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Why does one game have features the other doesn't?

features need to be implemented and tested. why spend extra money and time on it?

although, it might (hopefully) gets implemented later. we'll see.
  • Options
    bnotoriousbnotorious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was doing the NeverDeath Graveyard Quest Chain and when I went to do an Arena PvP for the extra glory I got xp and leveled up to 35. Now I am unable to pick up anymore of the quest chain to finish it out and get the bag that comes as a reward.

Be Careful! Don't let this happen to you!
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cant do quests that are lower levels?:confused:

Never tried it to be honest but i really doubt you cant do quests that are lower level then you are.
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be able to pick up quests regardless of overleveling, but the quest [!] indicators will no longer appear above the heads of npcs, making it a little harder to do them.

The only thing that I am aware of that you can actually outlevel and never get into again are the skirmishes which are entered by queue only, since when you outlevel them they are removed from your queue options and do not return at 60 in epic versions like dungeons do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So you are saying if I can find the NPC that grants the quest then I can continue it? I sure hope So I'll go looking for that NPC and report back.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Yes, you can pick up out-leveled quests still by visiting the quest givers. The problem that I am seeing is that there is no way to toggle the quest marker on for low-level quests. I hope they implement this soon. Unfortunately however, you CAN out-level Dungeon Delves and Skirmishes and then will be unable to do them again. I hope this latter is also resolved soon too.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can still do outlevelled dungeon dwelves, just can't queue for them (you have to manually enter instead). Doesn't matter that much unless you're a GF who's queue instantpop.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bnotorious wrote: »
    So you are saying if I can find the NPC that grants the quest then I can continue it? I sure hope So I'll go looking for that NPC and report back.

It's the "Scholar" guy, Tettleton or something like that ... he's standing near Harper Windie, in the little camp near the Doomguides.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never did the first skirmish (or dungeon for that matter) and still have the quest.

Do we get another quest after that or is its purpose just to alert us to the fact that skirmishes exist?
  • Options
    rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    dungeon wise, you can always enter a dungeon with a group if you know where the dungeon door is
    really?? I'm 45 and I've never seen a dungeon door to port inside it before :) ! Like them portals in other games that teleport you in the instance. Are you sure of this?
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    I never did the first skirmish (or dungeon for that matter) and still have the quest.

Do we get another quest after that or is its purpose just to alert us to the fact that skirmishes exist?

Just to alert you that skirmishes exist, I stopped noticing specific quests about skirmishes by helm's hold or so, (I haven't really paid attention at that point I just knew every zone had a skirmish) by later areas npcs just talk about skirmishes rather than giving you a quest for it, but the dailies Rhix gives are all specific dungeons and skirmishes according to your current level.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now dungeons can be accessed by going to the door if over level. Quest exclamation marks don't show above NPCs...but you should be able to trigger the chain if you go back far enough in the process usually. Skirmishes are the part that draws the most grief if you have a skirmish-related quest.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PW/Cryptic - What on earth was the reasoning behind this? Why would you create such a great story, with additional quests for every class, only to ruin it by making sure that you have to be within a certain level range to complete them!

My first character, I pretty much ignored the dailies and did just my quests... And it worked out great. I got to see ALL the content that every area offered.

Now with my TR, I PvP a lot (because it's super fun with that class), and I literally outleveled 4 zones so far. Imagine my surprise when I was questing in an area only to have the chain suddenly STOP. It just stopped! No more quests, no message that I outleveled the area, nothing! All the quests just ended after I came back from a Skirmish that made me level.

I thought this was a bug, made a ticket, and continued to PvP and run Skirmishes for the AD... Only to outlevel 3 more zones that I now can't quest in.

Knox still gives you the initial quest to go to said area and quest there, but after that first task the entire quest chain for the WHOLE zone just stops!

Please, please make it so that we can keep adventuring in these zones! Why the hell is this even an issue in the first place? Just seems like poor design to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *Phew* I was able to get the Quest! It's The Clockwork Guild Tomb Quest and it's given by Tristopher Chettlebell. Thank goodness!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently, the quests are still there, you just can't see the ! over the NPC's heads anymore. Which can make it a bit harder to find them.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Apparently, the quests are still there, you just can't see the ! over the NPC's heads anymore. Which can make it a bit harder to find them.

Really? I have the same issue with my alt. Outleveled her during this double AD event. Went into the next zone and have no quests anywhere. Spoke to all NPC's in three surrounding quest areas, so just by the process of elimination I should have hit one, but got nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes, some areas even give you a dungeon quests that lead you to the entrance (hm, theoratically, you can also complete it by just queueing).

however, since you can't zone individually when you're in a party (utterly stupid in some cases, it should at least check WHERE you want to go), you have to gather everyone in the same zone instance and get them to the dungeon portal - there is no port or anything. at least you get a big red ! on the map (complete with sparkle trail) to show where you need to go once someone wants to enter.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hehe, nice! The area after that is a pirate and bandit zone. There is a repeatable quest, i recommand you do it, turn it in and grind some more bandits on your way to the final boss. Its very good XP and your going to have to get thru those bandits on your way there and inside anyway.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny, I did the same thing on my rogue, and now when I talk to sgt knox (having done no quests to 38), he has 6 or 7 zone starter quests. Might want to try the obvious and hit the quest starter NPC.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    Funny, I did the same thing on my rogue, and now when I talk to sgt knox (having done no quests to 38), he has 6 or 7 zone starter quests. Might want to try the obvious and hit the quest starter NPC.

As I said in my original post, Knox still gives you the base quest. You can also go chat with whoever he tells you to speak with and do one quest from them. But that's where it ends.

Go ahead and try it out with the lowest zone possible for you. I know you will run into the same problem.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think parts of the journal and stuff are just borked. I shared part with a friend to come and play with me and then I couldn't complete. I abandoned one quest then got from Knox the very first quest in the enclave and it's all just a bit odd. I don't get how the dallies interact though. And I have one repeatable quest that won't go away. I'm guessing they'll maybe tweak it eventually?

Disclaimer: I'm a level 31 cleric who is still fairly clueless.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully this gets looked at because it's a major annoyance.