test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unhappy with my Hero of the North.

suslikwishsuslikwish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I paid for VIP access and I don't feel like I am getting it. The servers are laggy because they are taking on too much at once and the company is refusing to bring the wait times back. Giving everyone the VIP access. I am not getting what I paid for and feel ripped off.
Post edited by suslikwish on

Comments

• aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There are no queues at login. WTF are you talking about then?
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see any lag. Your choice for buying the $200 pack, should have done some research.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • suslikwishsuslikwish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    There are no queues at login. WTF are you talking about then?

That is what I'm talking about. There is no Queue's and its making the game lag like crazy because the server's can't handle the load. Meaning everyone is getting the same access as me.... But I'm also suffering from lag because of it. The wait times need to come back to fix the lag. Otherwise My exclusive VIP access isn't so exclusive and I'm not getting what I paid for. I'm getting a laggy piece of junk.
    edited May 2013
    The lag is because there is some event in Stark Trek Online and both games are on the same servers.
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's lag?
  • suslikwishsuslikwish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's lag?

Yes. and no it's not my connection I checked my internet speed it's the same as always. It is the servers and it's only a issue during peek hours and weekends. The game has too much server load.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    The lag is because there is some event in Stark Trek Online and both games are on the same servers.

OB of teh expansion (Romulans) on the test server. Of course it's packed. But are you sure they are in the same cluster as production?
    edited May 2013
    Are we seriously sharing a server with another game? That can't be right. I doubt any company is dumb enough to do that.
  • krowbarrkrowbarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol some ppl just need to complain.. just because you paid 200 doesnt mean other ppl get kicked out into an imaginary queue just to make you "happy", if you played at the launch of the beta you you would know the lag was worse with all the stress due to the queueing system.. there was more lag problems with the queue system due to the extra load on servers..
    edited May 2013
    krowbarr wrote: »
    lol some ppl just need to complain.. just because you paid 200 doesnt mean other ppl get kicked out into an imaginary queue just to make you "happy", if you played at the launch of the beta you you would know the lag was worse with all the stress due to the queueing system.. there was more lag problems with the queue system due to the extra load on servers..

What are you talking about. I had no lag when people had to wait in line.
    edited May 2013
    suslikwish wrote: »
    Are we seriously sharing a server with another game? That can't be right. I doubt any company is dumb enough to do that.

Yes. Even the custom channels are shared.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My ping is fine (well, "normal"), but I am also having massive lag and rubberbanding since a couple hours ago, too. As does everyone in zone where my alt is currently questing (HH). It's not a user-side issue.

I agree that if this is caused by too much load, bringing back the queues for non-paying players would be helpful. (I have no issues with free players, just with the lag that may be caused by too many people on the servers.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The chat server is shared but that's it.
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suslikwish wrote: »

You can tell they've dumped all their games on the same servers, because people noticed they received "you have mail" notices from their Star Trek accounts, while playing Neverwinter.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    You can tell they've dumped all their games on the same servers, because people noticed they received "you have mail" notices from their Star Trek accounts, while playing Neverwinter.

Even if that was a proof that they share clusters (not server), I don't get those mails on Tribble (STO Test Server) so by that logic it's not on the same HW. Though it's a false logic because they could be just sharing the account server

I think it's more related to their network infrastructure, that is getting overloaded by NW and the STO beta, we already had 2 full outages of all the titles and the website/forum (and 'forum lag')
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the only proof you need is when the STO Test server (Tribble) crashed hard yesterday it took NW down with it at the same time.

So if people want to pretend they are aren't tightly bound on the same server farm they can...but they are provably wrong.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup. There are problems with the game. Lots of them. Work all week, cant wait for the weekend to play games??? Games laggy or rubberbanding for you??? Its BETA. If you want to do your due-diligence, come to the forums,...make a thread in the "bugs" forum. Then go play another game, go have sexy time with your wife, play with your kids, watch a movie, watch some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, eat a sammich, go mow your ****ing lawn, clean your garage, see where I'm going here?

When ****s not working right, I log off, smoke a bowl, and watch a movie /shrug you people should try it

BTW...I bought both packs, and I dont feel like I'm being ripped off at all. I love the game, and as a "Veteran" mmo player, I understand the issues that MMO's have when released. Get used to it, no ones perfect. If it makes you want to rage quit and smash things, then maybe you spend too much time playing games, no one should care that much.

Cheers
  • silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow selfish much? What about all the new players that come in and never got the chance to buy packs, so they won't be stuck in queues. No one forced you to buy the packs. You did it of your own free will. Queues are the most stupidest things to ever hit any f2p mmo. Glad they aren't here.

My advice: Should have save that money to buy a better computer. I have zero lag.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • shootersashootersa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't feed the trolls.... lol
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the only proof you need is when the STO Test server (Tribble) crashed hard yesterday it took NW down with it at the same time.

So if people want to pretend they are aren't tightly bound on the same server farm they can...but they are provably wrong.

Could be the master VM server packed it in. I had that happen at work one day. Master VM server hosting 8 other servers that had been working great for a year suddenly decided to burn all it's RAM at once. Meh. Crashed but hard. Now I don't know that the game shards run on VM partitions but it actually makess sense with the way modern server configurations go.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

They said it was a problem with their network hardware, that would explain the total blackout as well.
  • krnefraikrnefrai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I run this game at highest graphics settings possible, and have only ever had lag twice I can think of...and those times were because the servers were actually having issues. Buying a package does NOT ensure you have 'less lag', it ensure that if there is a queue to wait in, you get in the game first - that's it. Front of queue has nothing to do with lag...
    edited May 2013
    Could be the master VM server packed it in. I had that happen at work one day. Master VM server hosting 8 other servers that had been working great for a year suddenly decided to burn all it's RAM at once. Meh. Crashed but hard. Now I don't know that the game shards run on VM partitions but it actually makess sense with the way modern server configurations go.

That could be as well, or (if they run they ESX or whatever off SAN disks, like it would be logic to do) it could be a SAN problem. VM server loses access to the disks where the VM machines are and bang! Either way, speculating about their infrastructure is pointless
    edited May 2013
    My whole guild is having lag now, can post the screenshot of the conversation if you need proof of global lag :P

My ping to server is the same as always, so it isn't latency (and it certainly isn't my computer, a horribly overclocked i7 :P). It's something wrong with the server. Not path (route) to server.
    edited May 2013
    My whole guild is having lag now, can post the screenshot of the conversation if you need proof of global lag :P

I don't think anyone is doubting the lag and rubberbanding, by any chance are you guys on Dragon?
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is doubting the lag and rubberbanding, by any chance are you guys on Dragon?

Yeah we're on Dragon.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm on Dragon, too. Switching instances helped a bit.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll make you a deal. I will trade you my 59.99 pack, so you can get the value you think you ended up with, while I get the value I feel I got with mine. ^.^
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah we're on Dragon.

I'll add that the Dragon shard does seem a bit laggy. ::sigh::

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    krnefrai wrote: »
    I run this game at highest graphics settings possible, and have only ever had lag twice I can think of...and those times were because the servers were actually having issues. Buying a package does NOT ensure you have 'less lag', it ensure that if there is a queue to wait in, you get in the game first - that's it. Front of queue has nothing to do with lag...

It does when there is no queue to wait in. If they would bring back queue times and just let the no-payers complain. The lag would be reduced. Its a server capacity issue. Graphic settings has little to do with lag. That is a FPS issue not a Latency one.