test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nurf CC on all classes

2»

Comments

• nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    but then again it is not only double cc that kills people but double dpsing too! should they make it only one person can damage other?

and yeah agree that pvp on 60 isn't as fun as on lower levels. gear differences come way too big.
  • crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Well level 55 is when I stopped. I can't possibly imagine 60 being that much worse. And one level makes that big a diff? One skill and feat point? Really? C'mon now. ;)

Brain before brawn anyway.

No, end game gear makes the difference, much like in every other mmo. You know, the thing pvp should be balanced around (tho it's a bit funny saying "balance" since this game has none in pvp).
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nismu wrote: »
    but then again it is not only double cc that kills people but double dpsing too! should they make it only one person can damage other?

and yeah agree that pvp on 60 isn't as fun as on lower levels. gear differences come way too big.

The classes just need a lot of work. CW and TR damage output completely outstrips the hitpoints of any class. Blocking CC is pretty hard when a geared (6 hours of pvp for mostly full epics? lol) CW can eat the shield bar with at wills from "extreme" range and then just cc.

DC stacking astrals do stupid things to PVE and equally stupid things to node defense pvp.

I'm pretty sure PWE never even tried to balance pvp. Look at the achievement window and try and find the pvp tab. NW pvp development stopped once they had the maps created.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    crshd wrote: »
    No, end game gear makes the difference, much like in every other mmo. You know, the thing pvp should be balanced around (tho it's a bit funny saying "balance" since this game has none in pvp).

End game auction house farming.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jnc87 wrote: »
    Get to 60 and get crapped, then come back here and QQ a bit. Everyone I play with agreed that PvP was somewhat decent from 1-59 but at 60 it's a one/two shotting/CC fest, and this is not even with enchanted gear.

At 58-59 I could kill people with my CW but it was with average damage, at 60 with two skills you leave pretty much anyone with half HP, and also get killed in one-three shots.

"A few of my friends and I agree CC is broken so it MUST be."

*sigh*

As I said you have to use tactics to mitigate it. Force them to use it when they don't want to. This works at high and low levels. You have to create a challenging scenario for the opposite team to deal with.

Why is this hard to accept? You thin out the herd, the herd is weakened, and CC suddenly becomes a minor annoyance than a baseball in need of the nerf bat.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crshd wrote: »

Ok I'll humor the idea that gear makes that big a diff.

What's keeping you from obtaining said god like gear and keeping everything as even as possible?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    So you want to take the Control Wizard... again.. CONTROL, and basicly nerf his whole mechanic in PvP, k lets turn this around, i Feel that Trickster Rogues do too much dmg.. i think we should add in diminishing returns on that dmg there...
  • jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    *sigh*

Just get out already troll. A level 20 telling people how the game is...most lame troll attempt I've seen in a while.

If you were 60 you would understand that if you get godly gear = even faster killing with pretty much the same survivality. So, the better gear the worse the PvP is.

You still don't understand that you don't need to force anyone to use a CC, because the CCed target is dead no matter what class it is. Hell, you don't even need that much CC, just a push to kick you outside cleric shield and you are gone so fast that before you hit the ground you'll be dead.
    edited May 2013

If you were 60 you would understand that if you get godly gear = even faster killing with pretty much the same survivality. So, the better gear the worse the PvP is.

Basically.

Gear gives more dps and effectively no more survivability.

Though if I read the item right there is an 18 ac shield in game. That's pretty hilarious if the ac works right.
    edited May 2013
    Just get out already troll. A level 20 telling people how the game is...most lame troll attempt I've seen in a while.

You still don't understand that you don't need to force anyone to use a CC, because the CCed target is dead no matter what class it is. Hell, you don't even need that much CC, just a push to kick you outside cleric shield and you are gone so fast that before you hit the ground you'll be dead.

Oh I'm a troll now because I can outwit my opponents? How lovely.

I did play on my other toon till 55 or did you leave that part out so your counter argument would look oh so strong?

Please, even if the stats on the gear are borked, it is NOT by so much that a clever team can't pull out a W until its fixed.

I'm the only one here giving advice but everyone else just wants more powah be it in the form of offense or defense to serve as a crutch for their lack of coordination.

I've got friends at 60 pvping with no problem for example. Obviously an experience not shared by everyone nor does it mean the gear isn't flawed. My acknowledgement of that possibility doesn't extend to CC btw. It's perfectly fine IMO again, with proper coordination and communication.

What it DOES mean is that what I'm suggesting is perfectly viable. If one can do it, all can do it.

So I'm not a troll.

I'm just the spike strip that blew the tires on your whaaaaambulence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    So I'm not a troll.

Yeh...right.
    I've got friends at 60 pvping with no problem for example
    "A few of my friends and I agree CC is NOT broken so it MUST NOT be."

*sigh*

See what I did there?
    edited May 2013
    Yeh...right.

See what I did there?

Yeah I did. You took out the part where I acknowledge the fact that not everyone has an experience like that and that that example shows that my advice is viable.

I believe it was this quote of mine you left out: "I've got friends at 60 pvping with no problem for example. Obviously an experience not shared by everyone nor does it mean the gear isn't flawed."

Notice how I don't claim that the experience my friends share is evident of the whole community.

So I'm still not a troll.

Also, you're really bad at counter arguing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Buff Shaman.
    That's a fact!
  • remilieveremilieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    It looks more of like people flaming each other. Everything is still in beta mode(so they say).
    I'm a CW and i admit CC is OP at times but then again i do get hit/kill by TR who silence you, turn invis and then burst damage. Next thing you know you are either dying or dead.
    Would you sacrifice your past for the future?

Rose - Control Wizard
    Dragon
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No.... nerf dmg, CC won't be a problem if people didn't die in 2 seconds.

There isn't a single CC I find overpowered or over the top, being stunlocked by 3 people is normal when there isn't DR's sure, but it's the dmg flying out that's absolutely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I picked CW to be a controller, not rotate 4 abilities in 2 seconds and 100-0 ANYONE.

There is no skill in this pvp currently.