test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wait... Gold has no point being in the game? Really?!

2»

Comments

• protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    OP-

If gold has no point, please feel free to send me all your gold. Somehow I'm running out of the worthless stuff buying potions and injury kits.

Hope you don't need too many kits! I've only needed 3 or 4 from 1-22.

Love using the professional kits though. Hope I end up using all these crafting material somebody!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    protocol87 wrote: »
    Hope you don't need too many kits! I've only needed 3 or 4 from 1-22.

Love using the professional kits though. Hope I end up using all these crafting material somebody!

Once you hit t2 epic dungeons you need lots of potions and lots of major injury kits
  • verbal2verbal2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Once you hit t2 epic dungeons you need lots of potions and lots of major injury kits

Yep, especially with pugs, if you get a few bad groups you can be down 5-10 gold real quick.
  • blackfire001blackfire001 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is just something very off talking about teir 2 epic dungeons in a Dungeons and Dragons game. Even Gods are not level 60.
  • radiodreadradiodread Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold is used for kits and potions. Kits can make you AD if you use your professions. Potions are very necessary for just about all aspects of play. If you run into an excess of gold, others are trading keys for gold which can easily be converted to diamonds or other.

A rough conversion to keep in mind is 1g = 1370AD.
  • ravis13ravis13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    radiodread wrote: »
    Gold is used for kits and potions. Kits can make you AD if you use your professions. Potions are very necessary for just about all aspects of play. If you run into an excess of gold, others are trading keys for gold which can easily be converted to diamonds or other.

A rough conversion to keep in mind is 1g = 1370AD.

What's funny is how counter-intuitive that is in regards to D&D lore. In the tabletop game's version of the economy, one astral diamond is worth 10,000 gold or 100 platinum. It definitely feels like the numbers for AD and gold are backwards in this game.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is just something very off talking about teir 2 epic dungeons in a Dungeons and Dragons game. Even Gods are not level 60.

NWO lv60 =/= tabletop D&D lv60
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So I'm in the middle of writing up my review of the game.

Is it a review for your personal website?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I actually like it, allows me to focus one resource for items and the other resource for pots, etc...
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I'm in the middle of writing up my review of the game. And I've gone over this point enough times its still bugs me enough to make a post about it.

Gold has no value or point in the game. And I hate to break it to anyone who thinks otherwise, but find me a vender that sells teir 2 60 gear for gold.

Here is what gets me most. Everything of value is transferred in Astro Diamonds. You convert Zen into Astro Diamonds and visa versa. You buy gear with Astro Diamonds. Hell even the Auction house uses Astro Diamonds...
    You know most people generally use the auction house as the basis of what the games main currency is. So excuse me for thinking gold is pointless when you can't even use it in the Auction house.

Who's idea was this? Was it Cryptics? Was it Perfect worlds when they took over Cryptic? (This is my favorite assumption)

OH but WAIT! You can buy a +50% speed mount for 5 gold. WOOHOO!.... . . . yay... um... yea.
    You know what, give me an option to convert gold into Astro diamonds too. Just give it a reason to exist. Thats all I ask.

Lol if this is anything to go by your review is going to be horrible and full of experienced game-play.