test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Videos] Cleric Epic Dungeon Runs and Build

Comments

• quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unspecified these trolls calling you cash shop gamer have their heads up their youknowwhat. The reality is that you are actually saving the masses a ton of cash/diamonds in respec tokens by explaining how things work. Instead of hating they should by loving you....and yes I bought the Galeb Duhr also...I love it when he says "rocks and boulders!!" :p

How is the 2/14/15 working out? I have my doubts but am really curious and waiting for that /smackhead moment where I feel foolish for not thinking of that :p

Another question has been brought up in Deistik's thread about Initiate of the Faith. Does it just add to crit strike or base crit %?? I'm thinking if its base crit % then its the best feat out of ALL of them Heroic and Paragon but that would be too OP so I also doubt that. We would have Clerics running around with 60% + crit.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I don't see why bringing up the cash shop has even the slightest relevance to the info Unspecified has shared. The build has no connection to cash shop usage apart from respecs, the pets he uses are optional (and you can save up astral diamonds to buy it yourself anyway without referring to the cash shop), powers, feats and playstyle have nothing to do with spending money. And even if he buys respec stones he shares his knowledge so YOU can save money, be grateful. In the end, this build works perfectly without cash shop, so like I said, it's an irrelevant, mute point and nothing he needs to inform anyone about.

And don't forget, using the cash shop helps fund the game, so I'm not ashamed and neither should anyone else who use it every now and then.
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait for more videos. I have a question though...

Epic Throne... the boss is a caster, a lot of the mobs before her/him/it are casters and they remove the Shield off of the floor. I swapped to Forge but everyone was everywhere, what do you use on that fight? Thank you.
  • shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I rerolled my Cleric and followed your guidance to the T. I am now level 20 and feel much more efficient and always at the top of leader board on all PUGs. Thanks Unspecified!
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Another question has been brought up in Deistik's thread about Initiate of the Faith. Does it just add to crit strike or base crit %?? I'm thinking if its base crit % then its the best feat out of ALL of them Heroic and Paragon but that would be too OP so I also doubt that. We would have Clerics running around with 60% + crit.

If just adds a flat +3% crit chance. If you go to your character panel and scroll down to the "Critical Chance" stat that shows your total crit % and mouse over it you'll see "Features: +3%" That's it right there.
    deahamlet wrote: »
    I can't wait for more videos. I have a question though...

Epic Throne... the boss is a caster, a lot of the mobs before her/him/it are casters and they remove the Shield off of the floor. I swapped to Forge but everyone was everywhere, what do you use on that fight? Thank you.

Idris is a bit annoying because of that. It's the purple orbs her, and other mobs, produce. If they pass through the center of your Astral Shield it gets removed. This can be somewhat controlled if people make sure there is no direct line through her, them, and the center of AS. It's not perfect since some orbs aren't targeted. Note that Driders and some Spiders in Spider's Lair have a frontal line attack that also removes AS.

For Idriss I just run with Sun Burst, Forgemaster's, and Astral Shield. Though depending on your group you might be better off ditching AS for Healing Word or maybe even Bastion of Health. If things are too chaotic you just aren't going to get decent up time on AS. Also, rather than dropping AS on the boss like most fights drop in away from the boss for you and CWs to hang out in and use FF on the boss for the melee. It's a rough fight but once the large number of initial adds are cleared out it gets much easier.
  • shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know you say in your videos but it's kinda thrown in the middle of other info. Would it possible to update you OP with a combo list for key levels split by solo and dungeons? For levels 20, 30 40, and 50? Thanks again in advance!
  • groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I forget if you mentioned it in your videos, Unspecified, but hopefully you can clarify it for me here. Do you remember roughly how much recovery is needed for 100% Astral Shield up-time?
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If just adds a flat +3% crit chance. If you go to your character panel and scroll down to the "Critical Chance" stat that shows your total crit % and mouse over it you'll see "Features: +3%" That's it right there.

Yes thats Weapon Mastery. I'm talking about "Initiate of the Faith: which says - Your Crit Stat is increased by .2/.4/.6/.8/1% of your power stat. Which crit stat are they talking about? Critical Strike or base crit%? Its so vague
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    groborthir wrote: »
    I forget if you mentioned it in your videos, Unspecified, but hopefully you can clarify it for me here. Do you remember roughly how much recovery is needed for 100% Astral Shield up-time?

32.5% Recharge Speed Increase will get you a 15 second CD on Astral Shield, which is exactly it's duration. You can get this with 20 Charisma (10%) and 2447 recovery. You probably don't need exactly 2,447 that is just what I have when I dismiss my cat and gives me exactly the numbers I mention here.
    Yes thats Weapon Mastery. I'm talking about "Initiate of the Faith: which says - Your Crit Stat is increased by .2/.4/.6/.8/1% of your power stat. Which crit stat are they talking about? Critical Strike or base crit%? Its so vague

Oh, I can't remember for certain but I seem to recall it added 1% of your power stat to your crit stat, not your critical chance. I could be mistaken but I really don't want to respec again to test it.
    edited May 2013
    New build video with gear/stat discussion is up on youtube: http://youtu.be/nS7o6wo1UBM

Link will also be in the OP.
  • moseslkhmoseslkh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wonderful video and effort :)
    Thanks especially regarding diminishing returns
  • dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    move to Cleric subforum?
    edited May 2013
    dcronus wrote: »
    move to Cleric subforum?

That's definitely where this belongs.
  • rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May have missed this in your video, but its a quick question:

What do you use instead of Holy fervor now, I kinda assume its Healers Lore with Foresight now, but figured I'd ask to make sure

Cheers
  • stormshadow73stormshadow73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi and thanks so much for the work you have done for clerics. I know that you recently changed your spec but you had a couple of vdeos up where you were soloing in your younger levels with commentaries. Could you post those again? They are really helpful for thosemof us leveling. I subscribed to your you tube channel but the videos appear to be gone. Thanks so much.
    edited May 2013
    Hi and thanks so much for the work you have done for clerics. I know that you recently changed your spec but you had a couple of vdeos up where you were soloing in your younger levels with commentaries. Could you post those again? They are really helpful for thosemof us leveling. I subscribed to your you tube channel but the videos appear to be gone. Thanks so much.

Those videos are unlisted but still there. The reason their unlisted is because they are from closed beta weekend 4 and didn't know what would change by open beta. You can still find the links to them in the original thread though.

Found here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?130161-Level-41-Cleric-solo-questing-video
  • gragostgragost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So with the release of the Ioun Stone of Allure, is the cat still the best companion?
  • trasidtrasid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to confirm with you from the video, ASTRAL SEAL should be cast in divine mode? I am confused with the use of this, if I use it out of divine mode it DOESN'T build divine power?
    edited May 2013
    trasid wrote: »
    I just wanted to confirm with you from the video, ASTRAL SEAL should be cast in divine mode? I am confused with the use of this, if I use it out of divine mode it DOESN'T build divine power?

I might have mispoken I often mix-up Seal and Shield when talking, I'll have to find and annotate that. It's Astral SHIELD that should be cast in divine mode.

If the circle on the floor is blue, it's good.
    If the circle is yellow, YOU FAIL!!! (accidents happen though)

I always tell my guild, you can tell the quality of a cleric healer by the color of the circle. Obviously other stuff matters too but if a cleric is dropping yellow circles everywhere they're a bad healer.

Astral SEAL is the At-Will and is always yellow. You should just try to place and maintain this on as many enemies as you can. It's a great divinity builder. It can't be cast in divine mode anyway because it's replaced by Soothing Light, which almost entirely useless for anything but out of combat healing.

Astral Seal builds divinity. Astral Shield is the single best use of divinity we have, followed closely by Forgemaster's Flame.

I hope that clears things up.

P.S. Move to cleric subforums?
  • so4narso4nar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HI. I downloaded the game and patced couple hours aggo. but when i wanted to start game maintance started :D
    I want to play healer so i looked the forums for a build and found yours and watched your video.
    I extracted the info from your video in a notepad. I wanted to share that extracted info with ppl. so they dont need to do that.
    Use it as you wish CHEERS! btw you are awesome tyvm :) HERE IS YOUR BUILD XD

STATS

STR 20 INT 13
    CON 12 WIS 20
    DEX 14 CHA 20

*****SKILS/******
    astral seal 3
    lance of faith 1
    sun burst 3
    gof 1
    healers lore 3
    healing wordf 3
    seering light 1

*available at 10 points

flame strike 3
    hallowed ground 3

*available at 15 points

chanse of blazing light 1
    divine fortune 3
    sooth 3

*available at 20 points

sacred flame 3
    daunting light 3
    holy fervor 3

*available at 30 points

forgemaster flame 3
    prophesy of doom 0
    foresight 3

*available at 35

brand of the sun 3
    bastion of health 3

*available at 40 points

divine armor 3
    therifying insight 0

*available at 45

Break the spirit 3
    divine glow 3

*available at 50

Astral Shield 3
    Hammer of Faith 0 (if have points PVP)
    Prophetyc actions

FEATS

1/5 3/3 0/5 3/3
    0/5
    2/5

3/3 0/5 3/3 0/5
    0/5 5/5 4/5
    5/5 5/5

2/3 3/3 0/3 2/5
    0/5 5/5
    5/5

Recovery,critical 3000max no need more

- armor Divine Emisary set T1.

Gloves are from Cloak Tower
    Boots are from Crypts
    Helmet is from Mad Dragon
    Chest is from Idris

If you check a dungeon's description is tells you what type of gear it drops.
    The T2 set (not shown but referenced) drops from Spellplague, Spider, Frozen Heart, and Karrundax.

-weapon Drake symbol of miracle healer- or anything with more dmg
    -ICON's give power crit recover- try focus on power and crit

companion
    use CAT with Eldrich runestone,empowered rune, profane runestone, best rings and amulet put on your cat if you use eldrich runestone

----
    get recovery and critical to 3000, defense atleast 2000 .and then stack deflect and regen.

skillss

**Daily 1 - hallowed ground !!!! Daily 2 - divine armor

1. sunburst
    2. Divine GLow(or forgemasters flame in 2 dungeons that mobs kills your astral shield)
    3. astral shield(if another cleric uses astral then use daunting light)
    4. sacred flame(or brand of the sun)
    5. astral seal

PVP Setup

**Daily 1 - hallowed ground !!!! Daily 2 Flame Strike

1. FOrgemasters flame 2. Break The Spirit 3. Astral SHield 4. Sacred Flame 5. Brand of the sun
    edited May 2013
    @So4nar

Wow, thanks for doing that!
  • so4narso4nar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hehe ^^ cya ingame :D
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how come you dont use Half Elf?
  • ultraditionultradition Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you - whilst there is a nice primer (stress: PRIMER - if you don't know about diminishing returns on stats, here's your newbie guide) after this initial discussion of the build - it is a bit hard to follow and your mic captures you swallowing every 5 seconds.

The style you are discussing here is quite interesting and I appreciate the amount of work you have put in to it, but given the quality of the information you are sharing, a script would go along way to conveying it more quickly and more accurately.

Happy hunting.
    11.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Hiya, Unspecified. I have a question that I outline in this forum post, but because I'm using a build very close to yours and a playstyle I did adopt from you, I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Now, I know we have several feats that involve critical hits and it's important that they come in use. But for the most part, Astral Shield is the main healing skill that won't crit, so my question is why you opt for critical over power. Is there a reason why you are not using the power enchantment in your gear, because I was kind of hoping you would get enough critical simply from the gear, leaving some room to put power enchantments in the gear pieces that have offensive slots, which in turn makes Astral Shield better.

Thank you in advance!
    edited May 2013
    groborthir wrote: »
    Hiya, Unspecified. I have a question that I outline in this forum post, but because I'm using a build very close to yours and a playstyle I did adopt from you, I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Now, I know we have several feats that involve critical hits and it's important that they come in use. But for the most part, Astral Shield is the main healing skill that won't crit, so my question is why you opt for critical over power. Is there a reason why you are not using the power enchantment in your gear, because I was kind of hoping you would get enough critical simply from the gear, leaving some room to put power enchantments in the gear pieces that have offensive slots, which in turn makes Astral Shield better.

Thank you in advance!

I've actually been debating this exact issue the last couple of days. I won't bore you with the details of all of my musings on gear options just yet since I have no conclusions to share.

When it comes to crit however I have been questioning it's value for the exact reasons you outline. Repurpose Soul is a nice extra heal but because it's so unpredictable it's not very reliable. Astral Shield is far and away our main source of healing and, as you say, can't crit. I'm already considering stripping Restoration Mastery from my spec, as I mention in my recent build video, so that really only leaves 2 things that are crit dependent: Repurpose Soul, and Righteous Rage of Tempus.

Righteous Rage of Tempus I don't think is a huge divinity builder really, it's Ethereal Boon that seems to make the most difference to divinity gain. That combined with the above mentioned questionable value of Repurpose Soul has left me thinking Crit may not be worth stacking with the build I'm aiming for.

As for the Offense Slots on gear I've actually been putting Greater Tenebrous Enchantments in them. The combination of diminishing returns on stats and the dubious real value of power led me to opt of those instead.

I'm actually considering +HP stacking right now because the 4 set bonus on T2 is 5% of my max health as an AoE heal on every encounter power. Combined with 2.5% from Invigorated Healing, and 5% per 3 seconds from Moontouched that's a lot of healing. The Tene Enchants do damage based on my max health. The end result would be only stacking defensive stats and recovery but still putting out crazy healing. Astral Shield's main benefit is actually the damage resistance, not the heal. This is only theory at this point though and I have yet to get and test the full T2 set to see how it actually works (the T1 set is bugged and allies don't get 250 defense and deflect like it claims).

Sorry if that doesn't answer your question, but I don't really have a 'good answer' for you right now. Just some general musings of things I'm considering. Though I am definitely reconsidering the value of crit and crit related feats right now.
  • xmalthorxmalthor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would be the Starting ability score to go along with this build to achieve
    STR 20 INT 13
    CON 12 WIS 20
    DEX 14 CHA 20
    ?
    Would really appreciate the help, and possibly include what to spend points on when you receive them through leveling.
    edited May 2013
    xmalthor wrote: »
    What would be the Starting ability score to go along with this build to achieve
    STR 20 INT 13
    CON 12 WIS 20
    DEX 14 CHA 20
    ?
    Would really appreciate the help, and possibly include what to spend points on when you receive them through leveling.

You would need to roll a 16/14/14 - Wis/Str/Cha - put the +2 into Wis and then +1 every 10 levels into Str and Cha. At level 30 and 60 every stat will get +1. End up with 20/20/20.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
  • rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wondered what your opinion on Sooth "bug fix" is read somewhere recently, the "fix" being that you remove your gear at the start of a new dungeon with Sooth slotted, so that you get no healing aggro for the 1st 8 seconds of adds spawning. Hopefully this is a fix, not an exploit, although with Sooth the way it is - so I've heard - it sounds like its bugged or intended to be practically useless;p

Hopefully i'll get to try this tomorrow on my 1st dungeon (have precious little time to play unfortunately), but have little experience to really base any findings on. Just wondered what was unspecified's and other peeps opinions/finding on this was.
  • sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    could you test the combo break the spirit divine > brand of the sun > forgemasters divine > prophecy of doom divine > lance of faith spam and for daily hammer of fate all with insight and foresight xD it seems to me like a fun combo to burn down high resistant targets maybe even in 1v1 pvp specially vs rogue idk just seems fun xD please make a video of it? ^^

prophetic action can also be good vs a rogue so you dont get crited for 17k (you may get lucky), ik it sucks since its the only situation i could see it be useful and in a bit when everybody knows all classes they wouldnt risk it anymore and they would use something trash to break it, so its really useless one of the most useless spells ive ever seen in any game.

you said you would test prophecy of doom, are you gonna give us an estimate number of prophecies fulfilled for it to full your action points bar at rank3?