test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm done with this game till something is done to balance TR out.

gannikgannik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm going to stop playing the open beta and hopefully, on release, there will be some balancing done to Trickster Rogues.
Post edited by gannik on

Comments

• silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are OP in tooo many ways
  • anklerquadanklerquad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues are fine, learn to play
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one too many times by a TR
  • rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    every class has strengths and weaknesses... if you are getting 2 shot by crits from a rogue, you are a squishy class. guardians (good ones) can stand and even beat a rogue.. lucky GWF can 3 shot them...wizards have the potential to kill them in 3 seconds with a choke..

clerics... well.. what did you expect..
  • bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    OP got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one too many times by a TR

you make it sound like it takes skill, rogues just mash buttons and get kills, they are a stupid no brain class and need to be nerfed so only people dedicated to being a rogue stick with the class and the FOTM bandwagon chimps roll the class they originally wanted to play
  • vasklvaskl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless of course the pvp n this game is an afterthought.. and the pve is thier main focus.. then were screwed.. there isnt much to the pvp in neverwinter anyway, and not much point.
  • vasklvaskl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    you make it sound like it takes skill, rogues just mash buttons and get kills, they are a stupid no brain class and need to be nerfed so only people dedicated to being a rogue stick with the class and the FOTM bandwagon chimps roll the class they originally wanted to play
    as a rogue in every game i play, i agree with you...
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not the rogue's or CW's that are inherently OP, it's the TTK being too small making burst dmg and CC WAAAY too strong.

Every single Shocking Execution that has hit me has done 18k or more at like 75% health. That's with 22k health.

And the little "ignores all defenses" bonus just makes it plain stupid.

Conversely I can drop people with my 16k ice knife crits in a single stun with my crappy gear that's not even my level lol.

There isn't an OUNCE of skill in pvp currently. Whoever hits their attack first wins.
  • thedefiler54770thedefiler54770 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares? PvP blows anyways.
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gannik wrote: »
    I'm going to stop playing the open beta and hopefully, on release, there will be some balancing done to Trickster Rogues.

Stop trying to balance PvP in a PvE game! The TR is a striker class. They do damage. I'm so sick of hearing PvP whiners complain to no end about nerfing PvE mechanics. You don't like it? GW2 is that way
    >
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    Stop trying to balance PvP in a PvE game! The TR is a striker class. They do damage. I'm so sick of hearing PvP whiners complain to no end about nerfing PvE mechanics. You don't like it? GW2 is that way
    >

These people crying about Rogues being overpowered are players that are bad at games in general and wants everything dumbed down. I guarantee these same players have not played a rogue and if they do, they will cry about control wizards being overpowered. Then they will play control wizards and cry about clerics being overpowered. Then they will play clerics and cry about GWF being overpowered at level 60. It'll go on forever because they are just bad so it doesn't really matter how much you try to "balance". You can't balance stupidity.
  • aoircaoirc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In every game, there are characters/classes/champions with a less of a skill cap, granted they are easier to get kills with yes, they can only be so good, if you are a good Guardian and you know what you are doing you shouldn't lose to a TR. I am only level 12 right now so i don't know about end game, but right now i have no trouble with TR's. Knowing when to cc, block, dodge, and just what abilities are best in each situation are essential to winning.
    stream - Shameless self promotion!
  • saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »

If you knew how to play and stopped *****ing you'd realize rogues are the easiest class to kill..... Easiest to kite... and easiest to cc.... Learn to play. Rogues take a lot of skill to play against people with brains that know their weakness. You on the other hand jsut want to complain about them. you are probably the person that just stands still and mongoloids damage and mashes his buttons thinking thats all you need to do on this game, because if you didnt, you wouldnt die to a rogue, IF you knew how to use your fingers and press dodge and your movement keys. A rogue has to stop in place to use a skill. You do the math. if you know how to press forward. BAM you countered a rogue. And yes. it IS that easy.

So in conclusion, Of course a rogue is going to **** on anyone standing still. L2 Dodge and press your movement keys. Gets you a long way
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    funny how all the QQ is about rogues when CW is WAY more OP
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't care whether TRs are overpowered or not. I am having much fun with my Cleric and my GF that I just started.

but I will say this...TRs WILL get nerfed, whether they deserve it or not. it's going to happen.

I just hope all you super-duper hardcore elite skill gamers that are playing TRs now and bashing anyone who happens to think TRs are over the top, I hope you guys stick with your TRs after the nerf and continue to show everyone how great and elite a player you are. Don't jump to the GWF(which will probably get a buff) after you are done ranting on the forums about people being casuals and needing to learn to play.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm. Why nerf rogues? They should just make your classes stronger, IMO. It doesn't always have to be a nerf.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm. Why nerf rogues? They should just make your classes stronger, IMO. It doesn't always have to be a nerf.

Agree with this completely.

on a side note, I for one, do not want PVE demolished for the sake of PVP crybaby kiddies. as long as that doesn't happen, I'll be happy either way.
  • delghinndelghinn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't care whether TRs are overpowered or not. I am having much fun with my Cleric and my GF that I just started.

but I will say this...TRs WILL get nerfed, whether they deserve it or not. it's going to happen.

I just hope all you super-duper hardcore elite skill gamers that are playing TRs now and bashing anyone who happens to think TRs are over the top, I hope you guys stick with your TRs after the nerf and continue to show everyone how great and elite a player you are. Don't jump to the GWF(which will probably get a buff) after you are done ranting on the forums about people being casuals and needing to learn to play.

why wouldn't they hop to CWs? since for whatever reason CWs dominating pvp isn't as offensive as TRs.
  • nunganoknunganok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares? PvP blows anyways.

PvP is like playing chess vs other people as PvE is to playing chess vs a computer. One requires intellect and the other just requires doing it over and over until you win.

Sorry you sucked at PvP but that doesnt mean PvP blows, deal with it and grow up.
    " To call someone a Troll is Trolling in Itself; no matter if it is true or not." -Neverlogic 2013
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As a skilled TR.

Ive had TRs chase me down when I was at 50% hp, engage combat, turned around <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them.

Ive also been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by a FEW people in 4 days game time played.

Ive also beeing playing a rogue class for over ten years.

Moral of this story is l2p, thanks.
  • gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    funny how all the QQ is about rogues when CW is WAY more OP

truth.
    sad how very few people realize this but I'm not asking for a nerf or anything, if that's what you think.
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    i am a rogue and i think CW are OP :D
  • kitsunekisukitsunekisu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a CW 4-5 hours of lvl 60 pvp a day and rogues are not OP at all. Rogue gets his open on you, unless he drops his combo, you should go poof your squishy, but also in turn if the rogue gets caught before he can initiate a "Control" wizard will do what we do best.

The other classes are not UP either both GFW and Tanks have their roll. There's been many a time i've facerolled them and other times both classes have locked me out n beat me down. (today i had a guardian hit me for 20k and i have 9.3k GS)

The things i feel that really could use some tweaking or overall nerf are dailies on pvp side (games having diff specs for pve/pvp should be a standard). All dailies are producing a bit to much dmg and can really lessen the skill gap when a lot of fights come down to who has it up. The exception to that is Astral shield. Astral is just broken its so op atm and stacking them might as well afk while rouges spam dailies on u your not going to die.

One other little tid bit i hope to see changed is how the dodge mechanic works. As it is now, it works like an invulnerability button. While "dodging" you can not be hit by atks instead of actually dodging the ability. The game only runs a single check. If the target meets all the requirements, such as range, of an atk the target is forever marked by that first check. For instance a rouge sneaks into range and uses dazing strike leaping into the air the "victim cw" sees the atk and blinks away effectively moving out of range of the melee atk. At this point this is where the discrepancy happens. Since there's only the single check, regardless of how far the target moves out range of the melee atk, the attack will still land.

This is why a lot of games run the double check method, once on cast another before dmg calculation. I feel as it is now it really takes away from the action and fast pace of the game. Your actually punished for having to quick of a reaction time. Its like only action rolls can truly dodge bullets. Doesn't matter how far away you are or how far out of the traveling path you moved, if your not mid action roll that bullet is going to gun you down. <='.'=>
  • starguidedstarguided Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And there it goes the QQ...
  • v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    I'm really getting tired of seeing these threads every single day...

Not once do these scrubs think to improve their skill and learn their class. They don't even come up with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism it's always just "waaaaahh a rogue killed me nerf plox ;__;"

The worst part of it is that they comment on skill when they either

a) don't play a rogue

or

b) aren't even level 60

Let me spell it out for you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>: rogues are not OP. Control Wizards destroy us this is not debatable. Clerics and GFs have a good chance of beating us. The only class that we can reliably kill are GWFs.

I'll say it again: get to level 60, gear up your character, and then come back with CONSTRUCTIVE feedback about PvP and we might listen. Until then I'm going to leave you with the proverbial "learn to ****ing play"!
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues should require more skill and tactics to deal the awesome damage they do (Even if it is only something as simple as flanking, And yes I know charisma rogues get bonus damage on flanks, it just should be more significant for all rogues)

It's that or Buff both Fighter classes so they can take the hits rogues and wizards can dish out (And why are wizards dealing 16k Iceknifes when GWF do 16k Crecendos, Wizards are not even a DPS class)
    edited May 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    Wizards are not even a DPS class

Neither are GWFs.

The only pure DPS class (or "striker" for D&D afficionados) is the Trickster Rogue. It's only fair that we deal the most damage. We got nothing else.
  • porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    It sucks for PVErs too, though. Why ever roll a GWF when a 6 year old playing a rogue will have twice your damage done at the end of the dungeon, even though every dungeon is jampacked with AoE clearing? This was true for me at level 20, and it's still true at level 50. I guess I'll wait and see if it is true at the level cap, but if it is, then what's the point in playing GWF at all? You can't really tank, you have very limited control that applies to anything important, and your damage is just ok. Rogues outclass GWF's in literally every way.

And let's be honest; "striker" or not, GWF and CW's are DPS classes. They should be at least close to TR's (if still a little below.) Rogue DPS is just stupid and the other DPS classes really have nothing to close the gap with.
    edited May 2013
    It sucks for PVErs too, though. Why ever roll a GWF when a 6 year old playing a rogue will have twice your damage done at the end of the dungeon, even though every dungeon is jampacked with AoE clearing? This was true for me at level 20, and it's still true at level 50. I guess I'll wait and see if it is true at the level cap, but if it is, then what's the point in playing GWF at all? You can't really tank, you have very limited control that applies to anything important, and your damage is just ok. Rogues outclass GWF's in literally every way.

And let's be honest; "striker" or not, GWF and CW's are DPS classes. They should be at least close to TR's (if still a little below.) Rogue DPS is just stupid and the other DPS classes really have nothing to close the gap with.

OK so I haven't done much PvE at level 60 but I find it hard to believe that a rogue will outdps a GWF with all the AoE that GWFs possess. We are a single-target DPS class. GWFs are an AoE DPS/tank hybrid. If they did as much single target DPS as us that would be absurd.

On the topic of DPS I am constantly getting one-shot from 50% of my health by Control Wizards' ice knife... I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out that CWs do a lot of damage as well. And have you seen a DPS GF lately? They're a nightmare.

I urge everyone who thinks rogues are OP to get some more experience with HIGH LEVEL PvP before commenting. Or better yet, roll a rogue yourself and see how "OP" they really are.
  • ragnarsoulreaperragnarsoulreaper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet there's at least one "Nerf X Class" thread around here somewhere. It's all about how skilled that player is with the class and if they built them right with the right enchants, gear, etc. Yes, I have occasionally one shot someone with a lucky crit proc. But I have encountered at least once with every class a turnaround when I attacked them. Perhaps they should implement dueling so you can practice against whatever class you are having issues with.