test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rank 7 Enchantment and the biggest P2W Problem?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People were getting rich by selling epics to founders. The epic market obviously crashed when more people got to 60.

The only way to make any real money is to manipulate the AH (which requires a lot of AD), or to farm t2 dungeons and sell the good pieces you find (you know the ones with the stats people actually want).

I know, I was beeing sarcastic.

Saying you don't need zen, you can just pay 2 million AD, when I get 6k for 3 quest, with a daily limit, is just...
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Greens don't sell at all on Beholder, at least.

The price of epics are dropping as well and eventually it'll all end up at the 1k-2k range while buying Zen should stay high. If that is the case, then I feel sorry for all the new players who have to refine their way up and many of them - if the current system stays - will refine less than 10k a day considering how the queues are stacked up.

As for the other idiots above me, it's really a PvP concern; when something becomes so necessary but yet grindy to the point where you're better off paying than spending time doing activities that aren't necessarily fun ... so that you can have fun (pvping) is not only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by modern western standards but it could be considered pay2win . However, lost in this back and forth 'discussion' is the more important issue of whether or not it is healthy for the game. The answer to that is... it obviously isn't healthy to the meta-game, to new players, and to returning players.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lymprecht wrote: »
    Don't need to say anything

You would make an excellent marketing executive by cutting text and taking things out of context. Kudos to you. I think you found your calling ... want a job?

"This movie was a big pile of ***" -> "This movie was ... big"
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    And yet you can only refine so much of it.

Welcome to PWE games. /thread.

If you thought he farmed 1.4 million in refinable AD you are a lost cause. Derp moar. :/
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaeledrin wrote: »
    The price of epics are dropping as well and eventually it'll all end up at the 1k-2k range while buying Zen should stay high. If that is the case, then I feel sorry for all the new players who have to refine their way up and many of them - if the current system stays - will refine less than 10k a day considering how the queues are stacked up.

As for the other idiots above me, it's really a PvP concern; when something becomes so necessary but yet grindy to the point where you're better off paying than spending time doing activities that aren't necessarily fun ... so that you can have fun (pvping) is not only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by modern western standards but it could be considered pay2win . However, lost in this back and forth 'discussion' is the more important issue of whether or not it is healthy for the game. The answer to that is... it obviously isn't healthy to the meta-game, to new players, and to returning players.

Making excuses why you lost at pvp is pathetic. When my premade got to 60 we were facing geared people while we were in greens and were still winning. Our K/D was obviously ridiculously unfavoured (2 kills / 15 deaths) but we were still winning by using tools available to us (Aka mumble) and playing the map. Eventually once we were geared it became too easy to win.

If gear if your excuse for losing, then even injecting your character with 10,000 of zen won't help you. Good players will make due with the resources available to them. Bad players will whine.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    I know, I was beeing sarcastic.

Saying you don't need zen, you can just pay 2 million AD, when I get 6k for 3 quest, with a daily limit, is just...

The item that the OP described sells for about 90k in my server .... far from the 2m AD you're describing.
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Kudos to you.

Hey, it's nothing really...