test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Servers down or just mine?

cosmicchasmcosmicchasm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I was dropped and I am unable to reconnect, anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• grinchqtgrinchqt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep. hidden downtime
  • nightoynightoy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here can't login anymore!
  • lichomancerlichomancer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not just you. Dragon dropped me and not reconnecting. Forums are running very sluggish too. I guess the servers took a hard hit.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF again, looks like I'm installing my new Debian 7 Wheezy after all, this outage is going to take time just like the last one.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Just tired of this bugs and falls.
  • crystalheartcrystalheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    yay another dc an cant reconnect woot
  • saydiacsaydiac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what you expect, it's still in beta.
  • stantheman10stantheman10 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    be interesting to see the official response.
  • ashah78ashah78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey try to imaggine how many people connecting to the servers and pls take note beta servers .... so give some room for them to breath
  • crystalheartcrystalheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    Gremlins hahaha
  • jtwrenn1jtwrenn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think still in beta is kind of bs. It is just a term they put on it. If you can pay for it....it is not in beta. This is just the new bs way mmo's get launched. I blame Siri..haha.
  • armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    jtwrenn1 wrote: »
    I think still in beta is kind of bs. It is just a term they put on it. If you can pay for it....it is not in beta. This is just the new bs way mmo's get launched. I blame Siri..haha.
    You are right. This is unacceptable. Some MMOs are in beta status for years. And this beta is looks like alpha. Never seen so many bugs before. But i still remember the times when there was CBT, wipe,then OBT, wipe and then the game was released.
  • totieredtocaretotieredtocare Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree with the never ending "open beta" idea it seems its becoming more and more common. Though this has not been out that long so we will have to wait and see.
    The server disconnects was probably a warning for the full on black out but hey why would they listen to people playing the beta lol.
  • protocol2112protocol2112 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -_-............
  • digaum2003digaum2003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it's beta, but we're already spending lots of money in the game, so, this whole "beta" argument is invalid...
  • fleebnessfleebness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, having problems logging in here, too.

But, I wouldn't go so far as to say that this game is not in beta, etc. I expect they're taking advantage of the time right now to stress-test the servers to handle a proper load.

Although I do admit, it's kinda funny to pay for something while still in beta... but then, they get a chance to test that kind of code, too, no? Heh.
    edited May 2013
    I seen the part about the founders packs ending soon i think this would indicate they are close to going retail and tbh ive noted 1 bug and been looking around for stuff its fine just a few little nooks and crannies .
  • shonseashonsea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome One and All to C/PWE usage of ONE login/Account server for ALL games.

STO's Tribble Test Server (testing the new Season 8 race) toppled the Account/Login Servers earlier today.

Way to go C/PWE having all your games on one Login/Account Server. Thought you would have learned from the debacle when NW went into Open Beta Testing

Some companies NEVER learn
  • darthclidedarthclide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the thing that gets me though is that there are 3 possibilities that come to mind.
    A. they brought the server down themselves to do some work intentionally.
    B. they brought the server down unintentionally.
    C. the server just went down under heavy load.

The result of this should be either
    A. Put out a headline on the forums or front page to tell people what is going on.
    B. Don't say anything and hope nobody cares to know exactly what happened.

The last time this happened it was during the night (for me at least) so it was understandable that nobody could quickly get on it and put out an announcement. This time however, it is 2 in the afternoon... No excuses.
  • kindakinda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I myself just got kicked off, i.e server not responding, and when i tried to reconnect the launcher itself wouldn't load... all i would get would be a blank white box where the launcher is suppose to be.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter Online 2: Server Not Responding
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 50m
    Looking into #Neverwinter issues right now. Thanks for being so patient during our #OpenBeta period.

They've been giving consistent Twitter updates on the progress.
  • darthclidedarthclide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    They've been giving consistent Twitter updates on the progress.
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 2m
    .@AdamBorowy It's in a downtime state right now while we work on the downtime. It'll be normal after we're done. Thanks!

Again still the same problem
    A. They gave no forewarning on this "maintenance" anywhere.
    B. If there is a problem with a game, the first place most people go to are the forums, not twitter.
    C. Not to mention most of these "updates" on twitter are a direct reply to someone complaining/asking what is going on.

If they truly were trying to keep people up to speed, they would be "posting" not "replying".
    edited May 2013
    darthclide wrote: »
    Again still the same problem
    A. They gave no forewarning on this "maintenance" anywhere.
    B. If there is a problem with a game, the first place most people go to are the forums, not twitter.
    C. Not to mention most of these "updates" on twitter are a direct reply to someone complaining/asking what is going on.

If they truly were trying to keep people up to speed, they would be "posting" not "replying".

There could be a number of reasons why the server went down e.g power outage , natural disaster , hacks , and aliens have landed but i will say this there needs to be better communication about issues to the clients being us a statement on here would be nice but ill give them the benefit of the doubt its early days.
  • multifixmultifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And got kicked out again :)
  • fleebnessfleebness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep... knocked off again. Ah well. I don't really do Twitter (perhaps I'm a Luddite in some ways), but you'd think they might have something on their own web site.
  • wontharwonthar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want to be up to date about Neverwinter server and game: Go here. :cool:
  • shareenahshareenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was really enjoying this game but I am really sick of this " Server not responding " in the middle of a quest !! and yes I know it's still in beta but this should not be happening now. It would be good to see an official response I agree but don't hold your breath. If they don't sort all the problems out soon they are the ones that will lose out. Shame really because I would have paid to play this game as I do think it is very very good but tired of all the bugs now so probably will forget it.
  • dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 25s

.@ickasaurus716 We're looking into our network right now. It's not the game servers.
    Via Twitter plus it is all of the games.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • van4heimrvan4heimr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shareenah wrote: »
    I was really enjoying this game but I am really sick of this " Server not responding " in the middle of a quest !! and yes I know it's still in beta but this should not be happening now. It would be good to see an official response I agree but don't hold your breath. If they don't sort all the problems out soon they are the ones that will lose out. Shame really because I would have paid to play this game as I do think it is very very good but tired of all the bugs now so probably will forget it.

ALL cryptic games are down. not just Neverwinter. its not the new game fyi