test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Servers down or just mine?

Comments

• paganman667paganman667 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on... admit it... someone spilled red bull on the server farm.
  • asurinasurin Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shareenah wrote: »
    I was really enjoying this game but I am really sick of this " Server not responding " in the middle of a quest !! and yes I know it's still in beta but this should not be happening now. It would be good to see an official response I agree but don't hold your breath. If they don't sort all the problems out soon they are the ones that will lose out. Shame really because I would have paid to play this game as I do think it is very very good but tired of all the bugs now so probably will forget it.
    It will continue to happen BECAUSE it's in Beta. When the game is no longer in Beta is when they will become "okay, NOW you can complain about the servers dropping as we update in twitter because the forums are no place to update such important information, because everyone who plays Neverwinter are in Twitter and no one who is registered in Neverwinter are in the forums!" Twitter updates, to me, are not official. When I see it in the forums is when I would believe it.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Per Twitter: (2 mins ago)

UPDATE: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA downtime: 1 hour. Stay here and we'll update you with new details.
  • keppachowkeppachow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree 100% very good content lore etc. but fix these unannounced down times or i will forget it too
  • idiotslayeridiotslayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on... admit it... someone spilled red bull on the server farm.

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 9m
    .@alphajaybo We're experiencing a downtime right now while our team investigates network issues affecting all Cryptic games.

5:12 PM - 11 May 13 UPDATE: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA downtime: 1 hour. Stay here and we'll update you with new details.

give it another hour and maybe? sorry for re-post my refresh is super laggy on these forums >_< so much for double AD weekend

edit: my launcher loads now and I can see a red dot next to server status, progress.
    edited May 2013
    nope i have played in dozens of open an closed betas... and ALL of the CLOSED betas i have played in performed better during the closed period than this game in open beta so far.. so no i can complain in open beta, with 'by-comparison' experience and industry standards.. shhh
  • colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Can't believe you people are complaining. You do realize the beta tag isn't just for looks, right?
  • feldonkanefeldonkane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have hardly found any bugs at all, occasional server issues are all part of the beta process. There have been many other games that you have been able to spend money on even while in beta. Complaining that because you spend lots of money on this game means it is not in beta anymore is bull. You CHOSE to spend money on a game that is in beta It is not the developers fault that you spent the money on a game in beta, it was your own choice. I would however like to thank you for spending said money to help develop this game. However, none of that makes this game in any less of a beta state. This game has had far less issues so far, even with the unscheduled server downtime and log in issues, than any other open beta or even launch MMO I have played to date. This includes WoW and SWTOR. Both of those games had massive issues in open beta and launch, WoW was terrible, and has also been terrible even on expansion launch days. So I say cut the developers a break, as this game is in open beta. I enjoy this game and I know plenty of other people do too, so just enjoy the fact that you get to play. Stop complaining about you spending money on a game that is in open beta and you do not get to play as much as you want.
  • stantheman10stantheman10 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I heard a rumour that theres been a mass migration of players from wow in the seven figures range i bet load is to blame.

btw im one of the defectors :D
  • aglavalinaglavalin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All games have issues. I've been playing online games for 18 years now, and they all used to be way way worse than this.

They do seem to be needing the games to be isolated so nothing takes them ALL down.

This is what redundancy is for.
  • greyuru92greyuru92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    Just tired of this bugs and falls.

I really dont get why you expected an Open Beta to be the full smooth running game without any ''bugs and fails''.
    edited May 2013
    easy for admin to create these 'user' accounts with replys that are sympathetic to poor performance... good work lol...
  • ktmangoektmangoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else having internet explorer open up with a webpage cannot be found error when you start the launcher...? o.O
  • malkavorcerisemalkavorcerise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes, I'm having the same issue, looking for a solution.
  • khomerinkhomerin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all those saying "it's beta" - It has nothing to do with Neverwinter being in beta. The crashes are affecting the forums and other pwe games- or are they all in "beta" too?
    What I find most annoying is that it is the third time this has happened, that I am aware of. How many times has this crashed happened and why isn't more being done to fix it? Also, why did they put all of their eggs in 1 basket, so to speak, by putting so much pressure on this server to run everything?
  • lydactoslydactos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ktmangoe wrote: »
    Anyone else having internet explorer open up with a webpage cannot be found error when you start the launcher...? o.O
    Yeah, I'm having that exact same problem.
  • darkidiodarkidio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ktmangoe wrote: »

i have the same problem
  • jamesworthjamesworth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    You are right. This is unacceptable. Some MMOs are in beta status for years. And this beta is looks like alpha. Never seen so many bugs before. But i still remember the times when there was CBT, wipe,then OBT, wipe and then the game was released.

You dont understan what "Beta" means in games, do you?
    Beta means, TESTING, if you pay, is because YOU WANT TO HELP 'EM, you're not buying any service/game, just extras. And you pay knowing perfectly that this game is still in beta. So stop whining
    darkidio wrote: »
    i have the same problem

That's because the launcher uses IE to retrieve data and ****
    khomerin wrote: »
    all those saying "it's beta" - It has nothing to do with Neverwinter being in beta. The crashes are affecting the forums and other pwe games- or are they all in "beta" too?
    What I find most annoying is that it is the third time this has happened, that I am aware of. How many times has this crashed happened and why isn't more being done to fix it? Also, why did they put all of their eggs in 1 basket, so to speak, by putting so much pressure on this server to run everything?

The most part of the beta thing is the server system. They're trying to fix how to handle all those connections, i dont know why you all don't undersand that. The webpage is also part of the server so that's why it drops
  • fleebnessfleebness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are testing internally now.
  • bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon server. Same problem Kicked after about 30 minutes into a dungeon with a group. Glad it wasn't just me at least. Can't re-log on, and very sluggish forums.
  • vanh0ffenheimervanh0ffenheimer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    launcher wouldn't load for me either.
    edited May 2013
    jamesworth wrote: »
    You dont understan what "Beta" means in games, do you?
    Beta means, TESTING, if you pay, is because YOU WANT TO HELP 'EM, you're not buying any service/game, just extras. And you pay knowing perfectly that this game is still in beta. So stop whining

PWE User

easy for admin to create these 'user' accounts with replys that are sympathetic to poor performance... good work lol...
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher will not work properly if they have the servers down folks.
  • andrewgariskandrewgarisk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't a Beta issue....this is a Ctyptic network issue....All of their games are down yet again
  • bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, okay, after reading around, at the time of this posting, about 30 min remains of a 1 hour downtime. All Cryptic online games down. Not specific to Neverwinter, so this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the beta, despite all the complaints =P Still, either they took it down themselves without telling anyone, or experienced a hack or technical difficulty to the hub of all their games. Either way, a bit of a fail. Players shouldn't have to get their news from Twitter. A message at login or on the main page of the website would be nice.
  • jamesworthjamesworth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keppachow wrote: »

I'm not part of the staff at all, i dont even play this game a lot, i'm just level 21.
    Man if u're that kind of "i dont believe anyone" then wtf are u doing in a forum?
  • fleebnessfleebness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jamesworth wrote: »
    I'm not part of the staff at all, i dont even play this game a lot, i'm just level 21.
    Man if u're that kind of "i dont believe anyone" then wtf are u doing in a forum?

Trolling, it seems. Heh.
    edited May 2013
    feldonkane wrote: »
    I have hardly found any bugs at all, occasional server issues are all part of the beta process. There have been many other games that you have been able to spend money on even while in beta. Complaining that because you spend lots of money on this game means it is not in beta anymore is bull. You CHOSE to spend money on a game that is in beta It is not the developers fault that you spent the money on a game in beta, it was your own choice. I would however like to thank you for spending said money to help develop this game. However, none of that makes this game in any less of a beta state. This game has had far less issues so far, even with the unscheduled server downtime and log in issues, than any other open beta or even launch MMO I have played to date. This includes WoW and SWTOR. Both of those games had massive issues in open beta and launch, WoW was terrible, and has also been terrible even on expansion launch days. So I say cut the developers a break, as this game is in open beta. I enjoy this game and I know plenty of other people do too, so just enjoy the fact that you get to play. Stop complaining about you spending money on a game that is in open beta and you do not get to play as much as you want.

well you simply are not paying attention... i have found a plethora of bugs and gliches in game thus far. I have enjoyed it despite that fact (i smell a cryptic paid user here, cmon... no bugs and SWTOR was way better and you cannot use WOW beta since it really was a pioneer game.. but the standard has been set and you guys have your work cut out for you... hustle up!)... btw if you want a full and lengthy report on all your bugs and gliches.. you can pay me for them... you have my email
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    There is a thread on the support forums about the patcher doing weird things that may or may not be related to the downtime ? I was getting the "white screen" bug and this sorted me out. In the meantime I am going to go make some coffee and breakfast :D

Chillax everyone, it's a beta. We've all seen post launch fubar in other games much worse than this :D

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=89541&posted=1#post89541
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• tinteantintean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4pm - 6pm EST down
    so far