test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What needs to be done or said to keep your players happy!

2»

Comments

• terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yupp99 wrote: »
    The more power selection could give me a different view.Seems they are pretty limited.

I also wish that you could have more active powers. I just reached 30th and now have to pick which of 7 different encounter powers and soon 4 at will powers to have active. That doesn't count the 4 daily powers to pick among. The problem is that I can only have 2 active at will, 3 or 4 for a control wizard encounter powers, and 2 daily powers.

What I would love is the ability to swap between different control and power layouts on the fly. Yes you can change your powers out between combats but I want the ability to swap them in combat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I would love is the ability to swap between different control and power layouts on the fly. Yes you can change your powers out between combats but I want the ability to swap them in combat.

Give it a cooldown and I could easily see this being implemented. Dont want to just switch back and forth spamming all your encounter in one build while your other build is in cooldown. That would be a bit OP.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I hear 5th Edition leans a lot closer to the 2.0 rules which would be more of a hybrid of the very ridged 4E rules and the fairly inflexible 2E rules.

That would be nice, & thank you for the explanation.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • milimeterxmilimeterx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys I understand there is plenty of ideas about what could be added to the game, however I intended this thread to be more about what to fix that is currently in the game. I think its great that your so enthusiastic about the Dnd universe, but if we could keep it to things that cryptic could change about content that is currently in game that would be great.

Thanks,
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Well, oh hell to further divert in the 4E development, a lot of GMs of 3 and 3.5 did complain about the openess of the rules. The problem was more a case of a lot of GMs wanted the rules to spell out everything and not depend on the GM as the official answer on what you could and couldn't do. That is where the very openess of 3 and 3.5 was a problem and was the thing they tried to address.

It is very easy to argue that they went too far in giving everything an absolute rule for the GM to follow thus taking final arbitration from the GM to the rule book. From what I hear 5th Edition leans a lot closer to the 2.0 rules which would be more of a hybrid of the very ridged 4E rules and the fairly inflexible 2E rules. 2E was more open than 1st Edition but not as open as 3rd.

1st Ed was pretty easy.
    Rule #1 The DM is always right.
    Rule #2 Refer to rule #1
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1st Ed was pretty easy.
    Rule #2 Refer to rule #1

Rule #3 Any 20's you roll count as 15s

I hated my first DM.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1st Ed was pretty easy.
    Rule #2 Refer to rule #1

Weirdly some GMs are not comfortable with that. They want it spelled out in the rule book so they don't have to make a decision. I know strange but true.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    milimeterx wrote: »
    but if we could keep it to things that cryptic could change about content that is currently in game that would be great.

Apologies for the derailment. In response to this request .... give us the ability to re-spec our character builds without spending Zen to do it. Even if I have to spend Astrals to do it, & a lot of them, I think it's important to allow functionality like that to be accessible entirely with currency earned in-game.

I wouldn't even mind them retaining the Respec token in the Zen store, for those who don't want to farm up tons of ADs to do it.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • mangl0lmangl0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    #1 that needs to be fixed: Dungeon Queue system. GIVE MA CLERIC DAMMIT.
    edited May 2013
    milimeterx wrote: »
    Hey guys I understand there is plenty of ideas about what could be added to the game, however I intended this thread to be more about what to fix that is currently in the game. I think its great that your so enthusiastic about the Dnd universe, but if we could keep it to things that cryptic could change about content that is currently in game that would be great.

Thanks,

No cookies for you!Just kidding..maybe.
    Companions to me need a lot of work.Level increase is a major part and I hope they would give them more skills and allow you to choose which they use.
  • mojacheymojachey Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chat mute feature HAS TO GO. Its the worst thing they have done to this game. and honestly its just ruining the game slowly but surely.

Muteing people who are looking for a party and actually not spamming, is not a good idea. Giving players the responsibility of muting people is not a smart thing either.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHOEVER YOU PREY TO. TURN THE MUTING FEATURE OFF. or make it so GMs can only do it. Because as of right now people who talk in any chat are subject to getting muted even without actually spamming.
  • pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prevail517 wrote: »
    Who the hell are you... Why do I want what I think needs to be fixed added to your list? Why do you think your opinion/list is so important?
    ^^^
    Random angry guy is randomly angry
    edited May 2013
    Weirdly some GMs are not comfortable with that. They want it spelled out in the rule book so they don't have to make a decision. I know strange but true.

Thats funny.Something you posted earlier on powers.I wonder if they could set up where you could save a build and instead of changing everything manually you could switch to the build.That way if you need a different build for PVE/PVP you could just click to get the save..
    edited May 2013
    mojachey wrote: »
    chat mute feature HAS TO GO.

Forgive me for being dense, but I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain a bit?
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • milimeterxmilimeterx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idk what he ment either because the mute function is a common mmo function and really mute is in everygame. MUTE isnt going anywhere anytime soon.
  • neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zen prices are a little high money-wise but AD-wise, they're fine. You can get respecs with AD ... convert AD to zen.

So basically to fix it, they'd need to have like 2 different costs for cash shop items. If you set a price with AD, cash shop items on the AH will stay pretty close to what they go for on the cash shop. That's kind of how it goes atm but a lot of people don't really do the math to see if it's really worth it.

AD ain't too tough to get honestly. AH is good for making profits and spending wisely helps too.
  • edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i have an issue with is the broken H searching, ninjas in Epic dungeons, and the threat factor on cleric is way too high, as soon as i drop a heal im swarmed by every mob around me
  • ravenpaganravenpagan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly the main things i'd like to see sorted are GFX performance issues that many many people seem to be having, ZEN prices are absolutely ridiculous....completely out of hand and honestly I have no problems spending money on a game but 30-40 euros for a mount is just insulting and honestly i'd never spend that
  • forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Cash shop is ruining the game. I'd be more than happy to cough up some cash for this pretty fun game but not for the p2p content like it is now. Gimme a sub option with more characters slots, more bank space, more bag options, tiered respec, etc and I'd be gtg.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    planet29 wrote: »
    Classes

regarding rogue damage, they're a melee class and rogues are generally known to have high burst damage fair enough. But why the **** do their knife throw ranged attack do an absurd amount of damage also...Nerf it please (vaild point)

er, actually, tradituionally in D&D Rogues arent really one of the upper tier damage dealers. Their main function is occasional bursts of high damage, along with utility functions like trap disabling, large quantities of skill points, and lockpicking.

all of which is pointless in this game.
  • forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    neolithe wrote: »
    Zen prices are a little high money-wise but AD-wise, they're fine. You can get respecs with AD ... convert AD to zen.

Just to be clear, it's roughly 240k AD for 1 respec.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy new hardware from a reputable source, the bargain bucket items at the local 5'n'dime arnt cutting it!
    :P
  • kisraenkisraen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues are fine melee dmg wise, ranged damage is way too high, they have a bit too much survivability, especially in PvP.
    PvP wise, diminishing returns to lockouts, stuns etcetera. Or make them last less against players.
    Fix threat. Seriously.
    Zen market prices are very high, they need to be lowered down(I'm fine with mounts/fashion costing the same amount, but the rest is way overpriced)