test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

zen shop items, too expencive? or no

okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i have spent some time looking through the ream money item mall, and while i like supporting micro transactions games i feel that the price on almost all items are over priced, keep in mind 1000 zen is about $10 USD and most decent items are well above that price. making new bags cosmetics and mounts close to $30 USD.

personally i think the prices should all be dropped my at least 20% and have more of it added, i understand this is OB but after about 3yrs of development they havent got much there.

if it wasnt for the exorbitant prices asked for the zen market i would have already bought a new mount a bag and some cosmetics but atm i feel that the items are not worth the price asked.

i used to play a few aeria games namely grand fantasia for $20 you would get a full set of leveling gear that scaled for your level without overpowering you, also i spent probably easy $200 on boosts for XP and gold, i bought a ton of cosmetic gear and a heap of random chance items similar to lock boxs, over the period of 12 months playing that game i probably spent about 1500 on points for it, and the prices where very cheap and i felt i was getting great value, but looking at NW's item mall and $30 for a mount? thats far too much $20 is a more fair ask.
imho cryptic would make many more sales on their item mall if they asked a more reasonable price, and added more items in the way of cosmetics and boosts.

what do you people think? is cryptic asking too much?
or am i expecting too much value for money from cryptic?

put your opinions below and vote in the poll.
Post edited by okottekoneko on

Comments

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted "no", just because the poll is silly.

Why not run a poll asking if taxes are too high? The poll that matters is the sales information that Cryptic has.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • brighterdeathbrighterdeath Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not really sure what the point of this poll is. Any time you ask if prices on something are too high, people are going to say "yes". Most people want everything they want to buy to be free.
  • ipyr0ipyr0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a free game you don't have to buy the stuff.

But yes i did vote yes.
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please stop butchering the English language.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • scythic1233scythic1233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like I would end up spending more if the prices were lower. It's easier to decide to spend 5$ 4 times than 20$ all at once.
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I answered no simply because the poll is geared towards freeloaders.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Missing one option. Some items are very fair while others need to come down or add ingame methods of getting similar items. For example, an ingame method of obtaining respec tokens which does not deal with the C-Store.
  • lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013

That's the kind of language I'd expect from someone who spends $200 for a forum title.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow another one of those threads we really needed...obviously some people have not yet discovered the search function and try to be really creative. Well youre not pal...Besides, all the really expensive items are exactly the ones you dont need and are really just for fluff like the mounts.
  • mal3fact0rmal3fact0r Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    The PWE/Cryptic Defense Force's response time is impressive!

Yes, many items are vastly overpriced and some items don't belong in the cash shop, namely re-specs.A few are pretty fairly and competitively priced such as the extra character slots.
  • okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mal3fact0r wrote: »
    The PWE/Cryptic Defense Force's response time is impressive!

Yes, many items are vastly overpriced and some items don't belong in the cash shop, namely re-specs.A few are pretty fairly and competitively priced such as the extra character slots.

i agree with this, chara slots and bags arent too badly priced, the respecs should be 200 at most and the mounts and cosmetics should be much lower, and keys should be a bit cheaper too maybe 100 per key considering you would need a ton of them before you actually got from the box what you wanted.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I voted "no", just because the poll is silly.

Why not run a poll asking if taxes are too high? The poll that matters is the sales information that Cryptic has.

I've spent $300+ on Zen and I think the prices are too high. This Poll is good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013

What? It's a poll asking if the prices are too high, not that there shouldn't be prices at all. Also calling free players "freeloaders" is stupid when the game is advertised as free to play. This is the audience they wanted.

Use your head before posting.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the sentiment I just don't get the constant complaining about it...it almost guarantees being considered Trolls and not taken seriously.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • myakimyaki Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013

Yes, wanting to give a company my money but not being able to because $40 for a mount is stupid makes me a freeloader. Let me go pick up a brand new game for $40, or get a mount in a game for $40, hmm tough decision.

If prices were lower I would GLADLY spend much more money on things, I want to get what I pay for, the prices right now do not provide me with enough value for my money. It needs fixed.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All this thread proves is that there are more poor people than not poor people.
  • astralforgeastralforge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013

Well, I bought a founder pack to support the game the day I started. But I voted yes. I also stopped playing the game already, and so did my friend. We actually both bought founders packs, but once we learned how rubbish the end-game enchants were we hit the road.

I'll support any F2P game, and have been doing so for years now with my wallet. But I won't just throw my wallet at a raging fire.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lower prices = more people buying zen. More people buying zen = more money for Cryptic. I voted yes.
  • banquettobanquetto Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The prices seem a bit random. Bank slots and character slots seem very fair indeed. Mounts and companions seem ridiculously overpriced. I'm sure they'll take a look at what sells and what doesn't.
  • psychocoppsychocop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These prices are insane. WAY above acceptable levels in my opinion. I have spent thousands of dollars on League of Legends simply because the prices are fairly reasonable and they have things I want to buy. $10 for a champion skin I can enjoy forever is ok. $10 for a small bag that can be used by one character is not.

In my opinion, in a game like this, you should be able to get away with spending roughly subscription fee cash ($15-20 monthly) and get enough extras to be happy. That is simply not possible with this F2P model.

For the record, Im a retired police officer who now owns his own business so I have plenty of disposable income. I can imagine how it is for the folks who DONT have a lot of money to waste on a video game.
  • psychocoppsychocop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    All this thread proves is that there are more poor people than not poor people.

Im not sure if you are just a troll or what. Having extra cash or not has NOTHING to do with overpriced sales. Would you have to be poor to buy a product from one place that offered the exact same product for less than another place? Nope. In fact, that is an intelligent and mature decision that can help keep you from being poor by living outside of your means.
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need to come down.
  • morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted yes because it's a fact, the prices are way too high. Not everything is ridiculously priced but $40 for a special mount? $35 for a special companion? Not even gonna mention the cost on Wards... Most importantly, $15 for ONE bag... They should fire whomever decided their ZEN store prices...

I also bought the guardian pack to support the company when OB started, however i don't support the prices in the ZEN store for certain items as they are right now.

The only ones who will side with PWE/Cryptic in this matter are either working for them, or family members etc or fanboys with their noses stuck up PWE/Cryptic's rear end and with more money than common sense.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the prices were halved, they'd sell a lot more than they do now, probably more than double. Good PR, contented community, more people would probably play because the "Pay to Win" label is putting them off and there would probably be an increase in revenue via the Zen store.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    Lower prices = more people buying zen. More people buying zen = more money for Cryptic. I voted yes.

Yes, because economics is that simple. So, why not charge a penny for a thousand zen? (/sarcasm)
  • valfragvalfrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm nowhere near max level (casual player) and I'm worried I'll stop playing before I get there due to the exorbitant prices. I understand that even F2P games need to make money, but it seems that PW have forgotten the "micro" part of microtransactions. In most games F2P/B2P games I've played (Guild Wars, GW2, Warframe, TSW, etc.) I have no problem spending money on extra bags, bank space, character slots, appearance items/gear, etc. because they are priced in a way to encourage you to spend small amounts of money for each item and feel that you've gotten your money's worth. In this game however I'm extremely reluctant to buy anything because the prices are ridiculously high ($10 for a character only bag, $6 for a respec?!) , and will probably stop playing if the prices aren't dropped drastically which is a real shame because I'm actually enjoying it more than I though I would. Heck at these prices, I'd actually prefer to pay a regular $15 subscription (in addition to the $60 for game purchase) to remove these limitations.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    of the Cryptic games, this one is the one with the highest cost shop, for what you get... also it's the only one where you can't see the Zen shop till you already have an account, already made a char, and are in game, to see, it.
  • mal3fact0rmal3fact0r Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    Yes, because economics is that simple. So, why not charge a penny for a thousand zen? (/sarcasm)

Sarcasm aside, I don't believe anyone is asking or expecting them to offer 1k zen for a penny :rolleyes:

Perhaps simply lowered closer to a target that people feel is reasonable and competitive within the f2p market.
  • okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ratrail wrote: »

actually the ecenomics in this case is that simple, many people are refusing to buy because they dont want to support cryptics greed, if the prices where lowered they would find revenue rise significantly.
  • adfi90yoadfi90yo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to lower it if they want alot people to play their games. some people has prob already quit because of the prices. :(