test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

zen shop items, too expencive? or no

Comments

• josh0lanternjosh0lantern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The prices on mount being one of the one's I find more outrageous, you know what I'd be happy with? $40 mount for the first month, then drop to... $20? That way if you MUST be the first to have it, then they get their money, and those of us that know how to handle our money can wait it out...
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a generic even ugly epic mount available somewhere in game for a reasonable cost. Whether it be time, AD, profession (why can't my adventurers go steal me a horse?), or whatever. I don't want particle effects, I just want to stop falling off my horse every time I take 3 hits for 400 damage.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I answered no simply because the poll is geared towards freeloaders.

What are talking about? Freeloaders don't give a rat's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about CS prices, because they are freeloaders. They won't buy a mount even if the price dropped from $40 to $10 because they are freeloaders.

I understand, that you spent $200 to buy this game (lol), but they still make you pay for respecs, bags and all other stuff (double-lol). They should've make free respecs/5bags and so on for founders. That shows what PWE thinks about you guys.
  • mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    im not buying anything at current prices...

plus its still in beta, why would i spend money.
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :mad::mad: 40 bucks for a pony, that's not "expencive" baby, that's freakin' highway robbery :mad::mad:
  • getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I have no problems with RMT, I would also have no problem wasting tons of it on this game IF I didn't feel like I had to, to succeed. Obviously I know you can get everything in the zen shop by just playing. But the fact is time is money. Do I want it now, do I want convenience of bag space now? Or do I wait.
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It keeps seeming like to me that people are translating "zen shop needs price cuts" to equal "zen shop should put everything up for free".

The zen shop's prices are obviously over inflated. and I'm pretty sure the reason is because this is a new toy and the businessmen in charge have stacks of reports showing that people will throw money at something new, And will later on lower the prices to something more reasonable to the greater audience once those who are willing to pay the higher prices have all bought what they want. This opinion is based solely speculation and hope. I have no evidence to back up my claim.

On a side note. it is kind of unacceptable for respec tokens to be on the cash shop. for several reasons. One being that if you mess your build up you shouldn't feel compelled to have to spend money you either don't have or want to spend. Yes re-rolling is an option but i don't think it is really a reasonable one. An error in point allocation should not be a decision between budget and waste of many many hours of your life spent. I just think it fosters a bad vibe in its players and that isn't something you want. And secondly with retooling and balancing of classes and powers your current build could become not what you had desired. and you shouldn't be forced to pay real cash for someones mistake. You could also argue that the farming Ad for Zen is reasonable. but when you do time vs reward it is a very obvious waste of anyone's life and money. And seriously, why should you feel forced to play a thing you dislike or someone else broke until you can farm up the required mountain of diamonds?

Just my thoughts on things.
  • furushufurushu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prices need to be cut at least 50% if not more.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 bucks for a Coalescent Ward...

I votes yes.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pricing is 90% of the reason why I don't spend money in F2P games. PWE's prices are some of the worst I've seen.

Just think of all the quality indie games I could buy and play for the amount of money some people spend on cash shops..
  • antedeluvian75antedeluvian75 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Even 1 euro would be too expensive for things like a respec or extra bags. For cosmetics and similar stuff? they can charge whatever they want for all that i care.
  • swamprat40swamprat40 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of them do need to come down. Mounts should be around $20-$25 ,companions are fine from what I've seen.
    Need many more items to choose from, cosmetic,weapons, armor,dyes,etc.
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I voted yes, but actually prices are just stupid, they are not always too expensive, but surely the ones having done this... thing are terrible in maths and certainly just plain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Just a quick example :
    rank 3 full barded horse is 4000 zen in zen market, which, considering a fair exchange rate (1 zen/400 AD) costs actually 1600000 AD, whereas for any basic horse (costing 5 golds) you need to add 780000 AD (rank 2) + 2000000 AD (rank 3) to upgrade it to rank 3, for a final cost of (5 golds and) 2780000 AD, which is barely 75% more expensive in AD than the rank 3 horse you buy from zen market.

So what's the point putting rank upgrades for horses (or any other mount) considering any player with decent maths skill will spare their AD to get the 4000 zen horse (or warg or bear or any +3 thingie) which is way cheaper (and more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> looking) ? Do they want a full barded horse clones war ? Cause surely they did everything for it...

And there are tons more of stupid examples like this one which show how stupidly they implemented their prices for this or that.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what's the point putting rank upgrades for horses (or any other mount) considering any player with decent maths skill will spare their AD to get the 4000 zen horse (or warg or bear or any +3 thingie) which is way cheaper (and more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> looking) ? Do they want a full barded horse clones war ? Cause surely they did everything for it...

Don't forget that the Zen store mount is account-wide.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    otherwise i don't really mind the zen store prices, but the price of bags and the price of re specks is way too high.
    Even the bags i could understand, it is incredibly annoying, but fine, i can deal.
    But the re specks, in a game where some feats are bugged, and tooltips are, at best, unhelpful, yeah, no.
    Those need to go down.
  • nicknameschmicknamenicknameschmickname Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know I straight up will not spend $10 on bag, or $30-40 on a mount. The prices are absolutely ridiculous.

I actually went into the Zen Marketplace looking to spend $15-20 on some stuff because I enjoy the game, but when I saw they wanted $40 for a mount, $30 for a companion, etc, I vowed to not spend any money on this game because the gouging is atrocious.
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Coalescent Wards are outrageously priced. If they were say $1.00 a piece I would have probably bought 20 of them by now. There's no way I'm dropping $10 just for 1 when you need 21 ($210) to create 1 Greater enchant (64 shards fused into 16 lessers = 16 wards, another 4 wards to fuse those 16 lessers into 4 normals, and then 1 final ward to fuse those into greaters). That is really my only big gripe with the game so far.
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I cant vote to it. Not enough varity of poll choices. I think there should be something done across all levels. I think the cost of things in zenw ouldn't be soo bad if the exchange rate from AD wasn't soo skewed right now. I think per dollar, you should get increasing amounts of zen. So if you pay 5$, you get 100:1, 10$ is 120:1, so on and so forth.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?227781-A-great-idea-to-fix-the-economy-issues
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nyysjan wrote: »
    otherwise i don't really mind the zen store prices, but the price of bags and the price of re specks is way too high.
    Even the bags i could understand, it is incredibly annoying, but fine, i can deal.
    But the re specks, in a game where some feats are bugged, and tooltips are, at best, unhelpful, yeah, no.
    Those need to go down.

Absolutely, better reroll a char than to respec, once again this is totally counter productive in terms of pleasure for the player to test various builds as for PW to earn some good cash : this is f2p, personally I don't feel in a rush so if a char doesn't fit my play style why would I pay to rework it better than doing it again from top to bottom.
    Not to mention leveling is so damned fast XD
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely, better reroll a char than to respec, once again this is totally counter productive in terms of pleasure for the player to test various builds as for PW to earn some good cash : this is f2p, personally I don't feel in a rush so if a char doesn't fit my play style why would I pay to rework it better than doing it again from top to bottom.
    Not to mention leveling is so damned fast XD

worst thing is if you do reroll... anything you bought for your toon may now be bound permanently... i know i have an earth ele stuck on an alt and i cant reseal it... its super super annoying!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like making alts, so the price on character slots is good. If you are fine w/ a T1 mount, then the $5 horses are a pretty good deal, since they're account wide.

The better mounts, though, are way too pricey. The companions might not be so bad if they, too, were account wide. The same goes for bags and most of the other convenience items; $10 for a 24 slot bag PER CHARACTER (i.e. account wide) would be digestible...

Account wide mounts should cost something like $5 for T1, $7 for T2, and $10 for T3. The same should be the case for companions, (though I'd also like to point out that the companions need to be more useful - I basically only use the cleric - though I suppose the tankish ones might be better if you are a cleric yourself).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2013
    worst thing is if you do reroll... anything you bought for your toon may now be bound permanently... i know i have an earth ele stuck on an alt and i cant reseal it... its super super annoying!
    New email>>>new account>>>problem solved
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the prices are fair, we just need more items in different priceranges.
    I still dont get why people complain. Do you complain about the prices of designer jeans? No.. You dont buy them and you dont care other people spend 500 dollars on a pair of pants.. So why would you?
    So why would you care about neverwinter selling stuff for 30-40 bucks? Just dont buy it and buy a cheaper alternative.. Boom.. Solved.

I dont want to see you guys play a game like City of Steam which sells jetpacks/bicycles that give 0 advantage there for 50 euros each, that would be fun to see.. The rage!

Just saying.. Why do you care? And it could be worse.

The poll is kinda subjective btw as mostly people who like the game are playing it :)
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
    edited May 2013
    thing is 500 $ jeans don't run faster than 10 $ ones... Mr genius.
  • alex3omgalex3omg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're absolutely overpriced.

I'm all for microtransactions. I've probably spent $300 in league of legends on skins, champions, etc. But each skin is like $5, so you think 3 a month and you're at WoW subscription price. Not that bad.

But I looked at the stuff for this game and it's like 40 effing dollars for a mount or 200 for a pack of stuff.

If that founder's pack was like $50 I might have bought it, but even then it's like... pay2win <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so I don't feel like I'll be committing to this game that much. I've been waiting for live for a year but I just realised there's no wipe and the game is essentially live. And I'm very disappointed with what I've seen so far.

Sad because I always wanted a Forgotten Realms mmo. Seems like it's not even the whole world or open world or whatever, just bits. Makes me wish Bioware had done it, at least SWTOR was fun, fair, and a great single-player game with a lot of innovative designs on the mmo side. Hm.. probably going to play for a little while, but I don't think I'll ever want to spend such large amounts on the game.

I think the key to microtransactions is impulse buy and low prices. "This skin is only 5$," you say, buying your 50th skin... you don't realise what you've spent if it's spread out. And you don't feel ripped off.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the prices are fair, we just need more items in different priceranges.
    I still dont get why people complain. Do you complain about the prices of designer jeans? No.. You dont buy them and you dont care other people spend 500 dollars on a pair of pants.. So why would you?
    So why would you care about neverwinter selling stuff for 30-40 bucks? Just dont buy it and buy a cheaper alternative.. Boom.. Solved.

I dont want to see you guys play a game like City of Steam which sells jetpacks/bicycles that give 0 advantage there for 50 euros each, that would be fun to see.. The rage!

Just saying.. Why do you care? And it could be worse.

The poll is kinda subjective btw as mostly people who like the game are playing it :)

But if I bought those uber expensive jeans... I actually get uber expensive jeans. If the company that made them goes under, I still have the pants. When I'm done with them, I can try to resell them. If there's a problem with them, or they aren't what I expected, i can (generally) return them. Heck, I can go into a store, see them, hold them, see if I like the material, read the tag to see what they're made of, and even try them on. I could lend them to a friend or family member too, and can alter them if I so choose.

At the very least, there should be a "try before you buy" type of thing for mounts and companions - maybe some sort of "powerhouse" like Champions has...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    If you are looking at the zen store prices without assuming that you will pay for half of it with AD you are just plain doing it wrong.

Mounts aren't 30 dollars. They are 15 dollars and a few days worth of playing the game.
  • faydrellefaydrelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It really depends. I feel that some prices are quite reasonable--$2 to change char appearance, $5 for 2 char slots, $4 to change your name, $5 for basic horse, and in general, I don't have a huge issue with unnecessary cosmetics at a premium price. On the other hand, extra bag/bank space is expensive, as is respec, healthstones, etc. Add up necessary items like inventory space across several characters and that's a lot of real money. You'll be max level by the time you acquire enough zen via AD otherwise so that's not really a feasible quality of life option imo.

Another question is whether or not PW ever hosts store sales. If these items periodically get their prices slashed, I think I'd hold out and get what I need as it's on sale (as opposed to not buying it at all and struggling to play the game without).
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    I answered no simply because the poll is geared towards freeloaders.
    Its ironic you call people freeloaders when the game is FREE TO PLAY.

I could see and have no issue with pricing if its for rare mounts, clothing, etc...... But when it comes to bags, bank space, crafting, enchants, respeccing, etc..... its idiotic.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    I voted "no", just because the poll is silly.

Why not run a poll asking if taxes are too high? The poll that matters is the sales information that Cryptic has.

Shut up, moron.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.