test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I see alot of people claiming Dragonborn are going to be a new race...

vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Any truth to this, or is it just pure speculation shot out of various folks backsides? I mean if anything I'd figure Gnomes would be a shoe in personally.
Post edited by vortexas on

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmmm could be personally I would much rather see shadar-kai.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7QZPw04Ks

First I've heard of it >_>

Kobold playable race FTW \o/
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn huh? Like the Draconis from Dragon Lance?

Meh...no interest.
  • kimmyjongkimmyjong Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn : The newest edition to D&D.
    edited May 2013
    I just don't see how one can RP a Dragonborn?

Arghhh!!! Rrrrrwww!!! I AM DRAGONBORN!! SNORT GROWL!!!! RrrrrrWWww!

Me Dragon like! Eat animals! Smash! Kill, I am Angry!!!!
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Drow is coming first, but I would love to see the Dragonborn.
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    Drow is coming first, but I would love to see the Dragonborn.

Me hate Drow! Me Dargonborn!!!! Rrrrrrrwwww! Kill Drows!!!!
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Me hate Drow! Me Dargonborn!!!! Rrrrrrrwwww! Kill Drows!!!!
    Sounds like a plan to me!
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn huh? Like the Draconis from Dragon Lance?

Meh...no interest.

Dragonborn like my avatar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just don't see how one can RP a Dragonborn?

Arghhh!!! Rrrrrwww!!! I AM DRAGONBORN!! SNORT GROWL!!!! RrrrrrWWww!

Me Dragon like! Eat animals! Smash! Kill, I am Angry!!!!

RP in a Cryptic game? Good sir surely you jest :P
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well a quick summary from this Wiki article.

365_Ecology.jpg
    The dragonborn was originally introduced in the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 supplement book Races of the Dragon, published by Wizards of the Coast in 2006. In that book, dragonborn are presented as a transitive race, members of other humanoid races who, to show devotion to Bahamut, willingly took on draconic traits in place of their original biology.

The dragonborn race is a true draconic race in Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition. They are descendants of the greater Dragon God, Io.

The dragonborn appears in the fourth edition Monster Manual (2008), including the dragonborn soldier, the dragonborn gladiator, the dragonborn raider, and the dragonborn champion.

The dragonborn is detailed in Dragon #365 in the "Ecology of the Dragonborn", and in the book Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn.

And this image also.

4352575675_cda6889e53_o.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luckylynxluckylynx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool story bro. More like a dragonborn from skyrim possibly. What, no skyrim? try a racial class ability with elemented breath like a dragon. Oh, and Drow come first. The Drow are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!!!
  • truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And this image also.

You see now, that second picture looks pretty BA.
  • luckylynxluckylynx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OOkay... nevermind. Apparently it's more like a Draconic or Draconis. a dragon person. Humanoid dragons FTW!!!
    Oh, and one question. Are there going to be any thrue furry races? Lke The Elder Scrolls Khajiit?
  • truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luckylynx wrote: »
    OOkay... nevermind. Apparently it's more like a Draconic or Draconis. a dragon person. Humanoid dragons FTW!!!
    Oh, and one question. Are there going to be any thrue furry races? Lke The Elder Scrolls Khajiit?
    We don't know anything about upcoming races. Its all speculation at the moment. Personally I would rather have a reptilian race then a furry one.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn are just kobolds with a growth disorder.

/ducks
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vortexas wrote: »
    Any truth to this, or is it just pure speculation shot out of various folks backsides? I mean if anything I'd figure Gnomes would be a shoe in personally.

Dragonborn were a race introduced in 4e, and 4e was primarily based in faerun hence massive spell plague storyline they did for it. Additionally gnomes were removed in 4e and made a monsterous race, we will see dragon born probably when paladins get introduced as that seemed to be there class of choice with there charisma and strength boost or strength wisdom i think it was.

regardless was sort of the big race of 4e, i do expect to see them at some point and when they get here i will probably be rerolling a few characters x3
  • square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm having a hard time not noticing the pink, phallus shaped thing placed directly at hip level
    edited May 2013
    square0 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time not noticing the pink, phallus shaped thing placed directly at hip level

I noticed that after posting that ..... I was trying hard to ignore it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Fun Fact: Long long ago in a Neverwinter far far away, Dragonborn was the first race we were going to add to the game after our chosen core races. There weren't any art files or anything to support it and we have changed direction since then obviously.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Fun Fact: Long long ago in a Neverwinter far far away, Dragonborn was the first race we were going to add to the game after our chosen core races. There weren't any art files or anything to support it and we have changed direction since then obviously.

That sounds like a no.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well you better change your mind then and put them in. :P
  • aridenkanearidenkane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think there is a pretty good chance that Dragonborn will be the next race. They are very much a part of 4e rules. I never really understood it myself, but then I prefer to play Humans, Elves and Dwarves personally. Not into fur, scales or tails for my characters.
  • varnavarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Change your direction back!

Unless you guys are working on Bugbear player characters, Dragonborn are pretty obviously the best race to add next.
  • saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vortexas wrote: »

This would be pretty cool imo
    edited May 2013

Oh drat. I hope that doesn't mean they won't ever show up. I like dragonborn.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, pandas.
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    lol, pandas.
    No, that would be a terrible future race!
  • seikerstarkseikerstark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • diomedes3diomedes3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn were a race introduced in 4e, and 4e was primarily based in faerun hence massive spell plague storyline they did for it. Additionally gnomes were removed in 4e and made a monsterous race, we will see dragon born probably when paladins get introduced as that seemed to be there class of choice with there charisma and strength boost or strength wisdom i think it was.

regardless was sort of the big race of 4e, i do expect to see them at some point and when they get here i will probably be rerolling a few characters x3

actually, theyre from 3.5 maybe even 3.0