test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I see alot of people claiming Dragonborn are going to be a new race...

2»

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Well you better change your mind then and put them in. :P

I'm sure well get there given time, its surely a favorite. Acid breath is totally the best by the way, Black Dragonborn FTW.
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it is a race that comes out I will name mine Skyrim
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I dont see how a dragon could mate with a human.. there's a definite difference in size...
  • square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redstorm55 wrote: »
    I dont see how a dragon could mate with a human.. there's a definite difference in size...

I'm sure the internet has some detailed pictures of such a thing, if you're curious
  • voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'll probably be drow and they'll tell the $200 suckers that they got to enjoy it all to themselves for long enough.
  • replicaclonedreplicacloned Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wanted a Dragonborn Great Weapon Fighter, and I still do. I went Dwarf this time around. I would delete the Dwarf in a second if/when Dragonborn are introduced.

...or just have two GWF.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diomedes3 wrote: »
    actually, theyre from 3.5 maybe even 3.0

First appeared in 3.5 in the race of dragons hand book, however they were drastically changed in 4e to be much more player friendly and not so linked to bahamut.

If you look up 3.5's dragonborn and compare it to 4e's they arent even similar in any way, 3.5's dragonborn took on the form of almost any race, and gave it draconic features, and they became the champions of bahamut, almost all of them were silver scaled and i believe required to be good. If they displeased bahamut the took away there draconic gifts.

In 4e they became more of an offshoot race of dragon blooded people similar to how tieflings and asmamir are. They have various breath weapons, and scale colors, and a warrior like culture. They are not linked to any 1 god, and can not suddenly loose there dragon nature because they stabbed someone.

x3 not really same race at all!

*puts on nerd glasses* B3
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

In Neverwinter Nights 2, the description of the class Red Dragon Disciple says that some red dragons have the ability to take on human form tho the class was also present in the Original Neverwinter Nights meaning that humans with Dragonblood existed back even then.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The official answer starting way back with 2nd edition and certain silver dragon/human crosses and later the Council of Dragons supplemental boxed set is shape shifting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    I'm sure well get there given time, its surely a favorite. Acid breath is totally the best by the way, Black Dragonborn FTW.

Glad to hear that. I hope someone gets them in sooner rather than later. ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    If it is a race that comes out I will name mine Skyrim

I'll name mine Fus Ro Dah
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The next playable race must, of course, be the gazebo.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »

And the world isn't complete without the TALE of Eric and the Gazebo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

All dragons can shift there shape into the guise of humans, and in this form can perfectly do the act. This is how half dragons come about, and eventually dragon born are or were probably created from this blood line of half dragons. You think a 20 foot balor can mate with a human to create tiefling x3 pretty sure they do the same thing...
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, if we get Dragonborn before Warforged, or Dragonborn and not Warforged, I will be severely disappointed.
    rictras wrote: »

Naturally. I'm wholly convinced the "Drow 60 days after launch" line is just a ruse. The true next race is indeed the gazebo.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Fun Fact: Long long ago in a Neverwinter far far away, Dragonborn was the first race we were going to add to the game after our chosen core races. There weren't any art files or anything to support it and we have changed direction since then obviously.

Lack of art files or canon sources have never been a problem in other Cryptic games. For instance the Gorn in STO look unlike Gorn seen anywhere else and there are a slew of ships designed just for that game. If anything the lack of sources should be a boon... an open door to the Devs to exercise their remarkable creative talents (and Champions, STO and now Neverwinter are testaments to what the Devs can do). As for direction the introduction of Dragonborn shouldn't interfere with the current direction. In fact it would fit in nicely. So come on, Devs. We've seen what you can do. I promise Dragonborn would attract a horde of players just by themselves!
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wanted a Dragonborn Great Weapon Fighter, and I still do. I went Dwarf this time around. I would delete the Dwarf in a second if/when Dragonborn are introduced.

...or just have two GWF.

I want a Goliath GWF .. we can hope
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • natakutdhnatakutdh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I just don't see how one can RP a Dragonborn?

Arghhh!!! Rrrrrwww!!! I AM DRAGONBORN!! SNORT GROWL!!!! RrrrrrWWww!

Me Dragon like! Eat animals! Smash! Kill, I am Angry!!!!

You... don't completely understand the intelligence of a dragon.