test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 problems in PvP - arenas AFK and OP Rogues

arsfarazonarsfarazon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello everyone. I think alot of people faced this problem and the most annoying thing is that even in chat u can see such message "LFG AFK PvP". WTF? I suggest that there should be some measures against it, at least such as reporting like in LoL (I know that it's completely different game but...). And the other. I know that Rogues should deal ten-tonne damage, but as I'm playing Guardian I should at least hold them with my shield or stay for a while, or at least do some damage to them. But when I encounter Rogue, my HP is going to drop with incredible speed and the most annoying thing that I don't do any damage to them. Dear developers, I do like this game, so please, make it a little better :D Now I'm waiting for angry screams "****" etc :cool:
Post edited by arsfarazon on

Comments

• diegocfqdiegocfq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dare ask what level was your char again? Was he really well geared and well built? I'm not a godly player, but i can deal with rogues. And i don't have insanely good equips as well.
    Though if 2 of them decide they are going to kill you, you will die unless your team does anything to help ya.
  • arsfarazonarsfarazon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    33 lvl, but it's ridiculous if I don't do any damage and get killed instantly. I can deal with other classes pretty well, but Rogues are making me crazy. As I told, it's okay when they do damage, but when I see that I don't even do any damage to them, it's strange.
    edited May 2013
    And as everybody can see, rogues now are eveywhere. I've seen the same situation in GW2
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that people abusing the system should be removed from the PvP event or better yet that the rewards be based on actual participation.

Rogues are designed to get behind players and so Guardian Fighter is at a disadvantage against them however there is a class that dominated even Rogues (Control Wizards) and if a Cleric hits a Rogue with Divine Forgemaster's Flame then rogues damage decrements a lot (as Divine Forgemaster's flame causes it to heal allies of the cleric in close range of the target/rogue). Right now I think the Guardian Fighter class as a whole needs a buff (rather than other classes needing a nerf).

CCs do need a PvP specific nerf, at least freeze and daze do anyway, say a resistance stat that increases temporarily every time you get CCed so they get continually less effective.
    edited May 2013
    I agree that people abusing the system should be removed from the PvP event or better yet that the rewards be based on actual participation.

Rogues are designed to get behind players and so Guardian Fighter is at a disadvantage against them however there is a class that dominated even Rogues (Control Wizards) and if a Cleric hits a Rogue with Divine Forgemaster's Flame then rogues damage decrements a lot (as Divine Forgemaster's flame causes it to heal allies of the cleric in close range of the target/rogue). Right now I think the Guardian Fighter class as a whole needs a buff (rather than other classes needing a nerf).

CCs do need a PvP specific nerf, at least freeze and daze do anyway, say a resistance stat that increases temporarily every time you get CCed so they get continually less effective.

Well about CCs mbe some decreasing effectiveness buff, god forgive me, like in SWTOR or (as I heard) in Warhammer Online would be good, but I don't think that there will be something like this.
  • chaoticvirtuosochaoticvirtuoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got out of a 20-29 PVP where my team was 1 GWF and 5 Rouges. We won 1000 to 273. It wasn't even close. Rogues are completely overpowered in PVP.

I feel like ranting about GWF, but I'm sure there's plenty of that here already.
    edited May 2013
    I just got out of a 20-29 PVP where my team was 1 GWF and 5 Rouges. We won 1000 to 273. It wasn't even close. Rogues are completely overpowered in PVP.

I feel like ranting about GWF, but I'm sure there's plenty of that here already.

Yeah it's getting ridiculous more often, I often see a party with 4 or even 5 rogues. And as I told, now I feel a dejavu, GW2 had the same problem when I played.
  • layol692k7layol692k7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    full geared lvl 60 GWF here and to get get hit for almost 20 k in one hit is ridiculous I know GWF need a buff they are the worst class in the game for pve and pvp
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Rogues are not overpowered in PVP. If anything Control Wizards are. They do entirely too much damage for a class with so much crowd control, and I've been seeing more and more Control Wizards topping damage charts in dungeons and PVP domination matches. It's ridiculous.
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues are not OP. It depends very much on which class you play as vs the build of the rogue. For example, if you play with a class that depends on armor vs a rogue that has lots of armor pen then you're gonna have a hard time. But guess what - Rogues have a hard time vs any freeze CW's (pre level 50 atleast) because we have to get in close range distance to do our damage. This is no easy thing to do vs a CW and becomes impossible once ANY other class comes to help him out.

Rogues have too many stealth required and close range moves Pre-50 points spent to stand a chance vs most builds and classes at that level when multiple opponents are near. The attacks that they have access once they reach 50 points spent to is basically the only thing that makes them viable in PvP. Changing anything about the class would surely make them UP. Apart from the above, I think that it's also a l2p issue. Check all of your skills in detail - don't just copy someones build and think you're the awesomest. Test stuff out and learn how to move in PvP and play your designated role in PvE. Nope sorry, DC's aren't supposed to be on top of the dmg scoreboards for example ;)

P.S. GWF's are fine, spent most of my time in PvP and seen a couple of great GWF's who also topped the scoreboards in those games. The ones that know how to play might say they need a buff aswell but they'll only say that cause more power is always welcome lawl. This really shouldn't become a D3 clone, you know, when barbs whined at the start of the game and are now 3x better than any other class. Please stop giving feedback based on personal fails instead of universal ones.... :|
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

No wonder you won... your team had 6 people in it! Rogues aren't overpowered, what they are is hard hitters but there are counters too them unlike Control Wizard who do even more damage and have even more annoying CCs than Rogues.
  • bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    it's funny how you use gw2 as a comparison, ppl only thought thieves were OP in beta because they had no idea how to deal with them. rogues in NW shine in early lvls, but they aren't as op god-mode as you make it seem at lvl60.
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • timazoatimazoa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    layol692k7 wrote: »
    full geared lvl 60 GWF here and to get get hit for almost 20 k in one hit is ridiculous I know GWF need a buff they are the worst class in the game for pve and pvp
    BEST quote out there.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    I'll vouch for Rogues not being overpowered in PvP. I've been destroyed multiple times by Control Wizards all the time, and I'm geared up in nearly full T2 Epic's, and a Control Wizard can still over powere me without me getting close.

Rogues are the stealthy-hard hitting classes. Most people choose them I'm guessing because the Great Weapon fighter in the earlier stages of the game are weak as sh_t, and when people realize the Great Weapon Fighter is not what they had pictured in their heads throughout the first 15 levels of gameplay, they probably said to themselves "Screw this class, why would I want to be a class who does half of what the Rogue does, and attacks slower, with less critical?". This was my initial thought too, that and the fact now you have to level up to get the Arc Swing "At-Will". However, soon afterwards learned they're much better, and almost better then a rogue in all ways during the later stages of the game. Me and my cousin both have a fully geared Rogue, and Great Weapon Fighter, it's almost impossible to match his PvP ability.

I'm not gonna complain a whole lot here, I have my complaints about different things, but the only class I would honestly like to see reduced a little bit in PvP is a control Wizard, but that's probably just me *****ing a little too much as when I finally got my entire "Team" together (Friends, Cousin, Brother), didn't matter what the enemy team had, we literally destroyed them within the first 5 minutes, and every team we fought simply gave up, and stood afk. What I'm saying is, it probably just comes down to how well coordinated your teams are. Being able to use vent with my actual team who plays games and such, was much better then playing with Randies.

Still hate Control Wizards in PvP.... Won't change...
  • yido12yido12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    Wait.. wait... Control wizards can... CONTROL YOU? Someone call chuck testa, The hunts on!
  • dementia2009dementia2009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the ppl saying rogues are not op are probably rogues.
  • yido12yido12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    ^

10 characters needed
  • wozuiquanwozuiquan Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    -Things are OP because I don't have the skill to counter it
    bi_in_fo_laughing_gif_by_kuro_kokoro-d4zdga6.gif
  • tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wozuiquan wrote: »
    -Things are OP because I don't have the skill to counter it

WTF? What kind of skill can I use to avoid being executed from range for 20k. Does that make the rogue themselves skillful? I dodge rogues all the time and everything still lands, it's not skillful and rogues are OP.

So many of you in this topic are full of ****, yes CW hit really hard and can potentially CC lock you to death with enough luck. That's another subject. Even with them being able to do that from range I still have a much better chance of surviving their onslaught when compared to a rogue.

Nerf Rogue then look at Control Wizard.

~9.3k GS Cleric
  • dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    hahaha all calsses op you need more skill to play, there are always good players and unfortunately your type more your type.
    edited May 2013
    I'll teach you skids something about gear based PvP, the game I play, there is no gear based PvP. You learn to fight the OP classes by learning their skills. This game has 3 regular skills and 2 charge skills. YOU HAVE 5 SKILLS TO LEARN, 5. There is no hit states, spammable i-frames, super armor in this game, just 5 regular *** skills.

You don't like Rogues? Learn the skills, Duelist thingy, Dazing strike, leashing blade, teleport thingy and the blade throwing skill. Learn how to counter them, dodge dazing, counter the stealth/leashing bait the teleport.

This is a GEAR BASED PVP GAME, stack armor and HP if you don't like Rogues

Stop crying and learn how to play the game, I've played this game for 3 days, I bet I know more about this PvP system in my 3 days than any of you will in your entirety of playing this game.
  • mistyleeusitnovmistyleeusitnov Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wozuiquan wrote: »
    I'll teach you skids something about gear based PvP, the game I play, there is no gear based PvP. You learn to fight the OP classes by learning their skills. This game has 3 regular skills and 2 charge skills. YOU HAVE 5 SKILLS TO LEARN, 5. There is no hit states, spammable i-frames, super armor in this game, just 5 regular *** skills.

You don't like Rogues? Learn the skills, Duelist thingy, Dazing strike, leashing blade, teleport thingy and the blade throwing skill. Learn how to counter them, dodge dazing, counter the stealth/leashing bait the teleport.

This is a GEAR BASED PVP GAME, stack armor and HP if you don't like Rogues

Stop crying and learn how to play the game, I've played this game for 3 days, I bet I know more about this PvP system in my 3 days than any of you will in your entirety of playing this game.

Yeah cause being a defensively spec'd tank with 4k defense and all defense based feats means i won't get one shot. Oh wait i still do.
    edited May 2013
    Block? Or is that too hard for you?
  • lecky01lecky01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're probably thinking that once they go rogue, they will just dominate everytime and if they don't they cry about it. It's a team play, ever played with 3 CW's and clerics? I'm not even going to ask you if you ever played against a group that actually has teamwork.

The only damaging thing a rogue has during the early levels is the one with the knife animation, if they opened with that on stealth that's pretty much a hit but if the don't you can see the animation if you are paying attention. The one where they jump on the air is easily dodged as it takes forever for them and it's really funny if you entangle them in mid-air, they're dead when they land. Well that's if you guys are playing as a team.

PS Don't expect to 1v5 and win, I don't think any class can do that.
  • showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly i'm sick of scrubs saying rogues are OP when you're not even over 40.
    You are the very reason why the game is so overflowed with bad rogues. Everyone hops on forum, sees a post that says Rogue are OP and decided to roll one and end up gimping my team.
    If you lose to a team with 4 rogue and 1 GWF your team is BAD. GWF is useless and any guardian fighter with a brain could outlast a rogue any day.

At late levels most rogue gets one skill that does relatively good damage and it's a daily, where as control wizards can spam CC, have amazing burst, used 4 skills and have 3 dodges.

Any class besides GWF that has trouble dealing with rogue seriously needs to l2p.
    Yeah cause being a defensively spec'd tank with 4k defense and all defense based feats means i won't get one shot. Oh wait i still do.

A complete l2p issue. show me a video where you're getting one shoted while you're blocking and I'll be crying for rogue nerf.
    tsatix wrote: »
    WTF? What kind of skill can I use to avoid being executed from range for 20k. Does that make the rogue themselves skillful? I dodge rogues all the time and everything still lands, it's not skillful and rogues are OP.

So many of you in this topic are full of ****, yes CW hit really hard and can potentially CC lock you to death with enough luck. That's another subject. Even with them being able to do that from range I still have a much better chance of surviving their onslaught when compared to a rogue.

Nerf Rogue then look at Control Wizard.

~9.3k GS Cleric

It's a frigging daily. I daresay a control wizard will kill you faster than a rogue can recharge his action bar.
  • lecky01lecky01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A complete l2p issue. show me a video where you're getting one shoted while you're blocking and I'll be crying for rogue nerf.

Maybe he got one-shotted at the back? Who knows I'm just giving the person some benefit of the doubt, but who would turn their back on a rogue anyway?
  • showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lecky01 wrote: »
    Maybe he got one-shotted at the back? Who knows I'm just giving the person some benefit of the doubt, but who would turn their back on a rogue anyway?

Lawl A guardian fighter turning his back on a rogue/having trouble rotating his mouse to change the direction he was facing.
    If that isn't a L2p issue I have no idea what is.
  • kitsunekisukitsunekisu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing as a CW i've yet to see any class that's close to being OP. Every class it all comes down to knowing your opponent and timing. If you can dodge a rogue's initial burst a cw can lock him out kite n kill. If he gets the drop on you gg, your squishy welcome to pvp. It's the same for every class each has its own way of fighting each other. If u run into every fight the same way with the same rotation n play style and expect the same result from fighting different classes then all i'm seeing is a LTP issue.

I spend 4-5 hours a day in pvp and there hasn't been a single class i haven't facerolled and in turn completely been owned against every class. Only issue i've had in this game is there's alot of skills landing during a dodge. A lot in this game relies on dodging n gap closing abilities sneaking hits in there on well executed plays can be annoying.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing as a CW i've yet to see any class that's close to being OP. Every class it all comes down to knowing your opponent and timing. If you can dodge a rogue's initial burst a cw can lock him out kite n kill. If he gets the drop on you gg, your squishy welcome to pvp. It's the same for every class each has its own way of fighting each other. If u run into every fight the same way with the same rotation n play style and expect the same result from fighting different classes then all i'm seeing is a LTP issue.

I spend 4-5 hours a day in pvp and there hasn't been a single class i haven't facerolled and in turn completely been owned against every class. Only issue i've had in this game is there's alot of skills landing during a dodge. A lot in this game relies on dodging n gap closing abilities sneaking hits in there on well executed plays can be annoying.

Actually rogues will just pop their "lolccimmune" skill then basically one shot you with their daily.

Have fun.
  • forwardscreamforwardscream Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly i'm sick of scrubs saying rogues are OP when you're not even over 40.
    You are the very reason why the game is so overflowed with bad rogues. Everyone hops on forum, sees a post that says Rogue are OP and decided to roll one and end up gimping my team.
    If you lose to a team with 4 rogue and 1 GWF your team is BAD. GWF is useless and any guardian fighter with a brain could outlast a rogue any day.

At late levels most rogue gets one skill that does relatively good damage and it's a daily, where as control wizards can spam CC, have amazing burst, used 4 skills and have 3 dodges.

Any class besides GWF that has trouble dealing with rogue seriously needs to l2p.

It's a frigging daily. I daresay a control wizard will kill you faster than a rogue can recharge his action bar.

I'd like to point out GWF gets a lot better later levels, I'm only 31 on mine, but I can destroy rogues in PVP.

GWF is pretty hard to kill, and can do decent burst damage. The only issue is the At-will skills not doing enough damage.

Rogues are nasty, there's a counter to everything, maybe rogues and CW's don't need to be nerfed.

Maybe the other classes just need to be buffed.
This discussion has been closed.