test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Devs - negative feedback -

bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Yep, a bit ranty ---

Today on my CW guess what I did.

I did MD 5-6 times, never succeeded, could not kick dps-ing clerics on the last boss ... or baddies that think killing the dragon is better than adds. And when anyone leaves, guess what, there goes 5-6 attempts on MD Nope. So over it.

Sit in chat, spam all day - and what ensures I don't spend all that time spamming fora group isn't wasted by yet another baddie you can't replace? I leveled past it with my rogue, never got to beat it "normally."

I don't want it easier to beat thanks DeVs - I want to be able to continue on with better people - hopefully and not get stuck with a dps instead of a tank - or tank instead of a cleric.

I spent the first 15 minutes (in 2 groups) giving other players a really bad experience, and it's your fault I kicked them till the group got the appropriate classes. I'm sure they enjoyed waiting 15 minutes OR more- in queue only to be instantly kicked because they didn't fit the groups needs.

Severely disappointing.
60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
Post edited by bridgemonger on

Comments

• bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nobody will address this issue ever.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • delusions999delusions999 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Killed him first attempt/first time in dungeon. It isnt the devs fault you or your party cant beat it. Suck less?
  • graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    <removed>

you want this issue addressed, join a guild, don't PUG. Make friends, invite them along.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tell me how what you have said fixes a broken queue?

Gather 4 guildies, walk to instance, ????, Profit
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Moderator Notice:
    I am allowing this incarnation of the thread for now. Please folks, don't discuss Moderator Actions. Thanks for looking out though! Please don't reply to or about this Moderator Notice, instead contact us via PM or through Support to discuss Moderator Actions. Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Gather 4 guildies, walk to instance, ????, Profit
    Explain how this fixes a broken queue?
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • pinkiepie17pinkiepie17 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its bullcrap, soft beta? Yah, there are SO many bugs, so much bullcrap going on that I just can't play anymore till it's fixed.

Seriously

I'm going to have a party alone.
    pinkamena_d__pie_signatur_iii_by_grumbeerkopp-d4uncp9.jpg
    Pinkamena Diane Pie - Great Warrior Fighter
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
    edited May 2013
    I think its bullcrap, soft beta? Yah, there are SO many bugs, so much bullcrap going on that I just can't play anymore till it's fixed.

Seriously

this is how I feel.
    the next best thing would be to actually kill the guy in the queue that's broken, only to have loot ninja'd because the loot is broken too.

It's beyond frustrating.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • saintavalonsaintavalon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue isn't broken. The issue is the players you are playing with. If the players you're playing with aren't living up to expectations, then you'll want to find a group to play with, a guild, or friends.

I'd also suggest trying to explain certain things to people, especially DPS. If i'm a new DPS'er I go after big things, or at least when I was new to MMOs, and didn't know what ADDS were. Remember to be polite when offering advice after a wipe to any player in your group and this issue should quickly become moot as more players learn the fights.

You'll always get bad apples at some point, it's inevitable, it's really all down to how you handle the situation.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I usually have no problem pugging and in the Alpha and in CB it was fun, but now that the masses are playing, no frigging way. I will run with friends, they won't rush or take damage from traps (Traps need to be deadly and random) rather than let the rogue do his job, and I won't have to hear 4chan live over my headset.

Not that hard to find in game friends to run Dungeons, it beats pugging all to hell.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • saintavalonsaintavalon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Seriously

All MMOs have bugs. This is a beta, as stated, they are working on the bugs. The best thing to do is report any bug you find so they can try and fix them.

The early parts of an MMO release, whether it's beta or official launch, is going to have bugs. As an early adopter you'll be the one that helps find the bugs best.

They simply cannot find every bug in the game through a closed testing process, it's impossible.
    edited May 2013
    Explain to me, how not being able to replace someone at a last boss with a queue means it's not broken. Also, if you think you can do epics with all CWS from the queue, please explain to me how that is a properly working queue.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    I usually have no problem pugging and in the Alpha and in CB it was fun, but now that the masses are playing, no frigging way. I will run with friends, they won't rush or take damage from traps (Traps need to be deadly and random) rather than let the rogue do his job, and I won't have to hear 4chan live over my headset.

Not that hard to find in game friends to run Dungeons, it beats pugging all to hell.

I would agree with this to an extent, but - only being a week into the open beta - there are soooo many people spaming and - personally while leveling - I'd be much happier if I did not feel forced - to sit there and try to find a group (and not questing) to do a dungeon I am rapidly out growing.

Yes, sure I get it. I know. But - you know I like the queue that allows me to hit the button and quest. I have done that in many other games. never had this kind of problem in any of them. Cant' say that I played in too many betas- except for that large one with 8.3 million people. But -
    This seems like a really bad thing to not address -queue and loot - seeing how it's so frustrating.

I know i'm not the only one.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to let all you know, I've been spamming in zone for MD for about an hour now along with a million other people since I can no longer queue for it --- oh well I guess I just wont get to see all that the games offers, and I totally blame that on the fact that you cannot queue on last bosses. for whatever idiotic reason.

and you were are totally right, it's amazing fun and so easy to accomplish in the flipping screen of in game ranting about prices, open beta, and ninja loot

I really hope management is watching game chat in lots of zones. Maybe it will help someone get a clue.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    So... I'm trying to figure this out. You pug'ed a group, got terrible group and failed MD because of it several times. Got mad that a Cleric was DPSing (Which they have to do to heal correctly.. We need Divinity and need to set up AS and not to mention Sacred Flame grants temp HP which if feat'ed for it you also get increased healing done to you for those extra temp hp which causes you to heal for greater amount from AS as well as every other heal...) Couldn't get a pick up person after someone left... So you are now mad because no one will pull you into the group to run with you now that you have over leveled the dungeon?
    edited May 2013
    So... I'm trying to figure this out. You pug'ed a group, got terrible group and failed MD because of it several times. Got mad that a Cleric was DPSing (Which they have to do to heal correctly.. We need Divinity and need to set up AS and not to mention Sacred Flame grants temp HP which if feat'ed for it you also get increased healing done to you for those extra temp hp which causes you to heal for greater amount from AS as well as every other heal...) Couldn't get a pick up person after someone left... So you are now mad because no one will pull you into the group to run with you now that you have over leveled the dungeon?

listen if all the cleric is doing, is dps-iing, then they aren't healing correctly. I didn't pug a group I queued a group. I know clerics have a heal big blue shiny beam, and the stupid ones that never use it on anyone once on MD, they are not doing it right. I don't want to waste my time on the dungeon anymore -- will it help me get to 60 faster, no- look at all the time I have wasted on it thus far. I do not like skipping content and I have don't it twice now and I blame the broken queue. Because I would stay in there all day till I got people not so dumb, they could succeed.

YOu must be right, there cannot be any poor players that are clerics, and there is now way that I can have any sort of awareness at all about what the cleric isn't' doing. it's all me.

much like I wiped 10 times on the first boss in the queue for halls of flesh rending before I killed it. When people left, they got replaced. get it? and it took 5 hours to clear, that was first day though. But you're right ilm some psshhh poor player, that just likes to imagine everything is someone else fault. IT's not you, it's me.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • vix6uvix6u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The queue isn't broken"
    You sir fail, you obviously have NOT que'd very often. Nothing says WIN like a T2 instance that you get 2 CW's and 3 TR's in group from the que....

Very real problem the Que IS broken, it does NOT make balanced groups capable of completing the instance very often.
    Very real problem, you can NOT replace someone after you've engaged a boss, you can't replace the fail, the ninja, the DC, the AFK'r or the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-hat.

Now the mechanic of the Dragon is just a pita, one trick though is to not use pets and keep melee off the boss, anyone/thing gets hit by the sword/boss CC = more shadow wolves...
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, a bit ranty ---

Today on my CW guess what I did.

I did MD 5-6 times, never succeeded, could not kick dps-ing clerics on the last boss ... or baddies that think killing the dragon is better than adds. And when anyone leaves, guess what, there goes 5-6 attempts on MD Nope. So over it.

Sit in chat, spam all day - and what ensures I don't spend all that time spamming fora group isn't wasted by yet another baddie you can't replace? I leveled past it with my rogue, never got to beat it "normally."

I don't want it easier to beat thanks DeVs - I want to be able to continue on with better people - hopefully and not get stuck with a dps instead of a tank - or tank instead of a cleric.

I spent the first 15 minutes (in 2 groups) giving other players a really bad experience, and it's your fault I kicked them till the group got the appropriate classes. I'm sure they enjoyed waiting 15 minutes OR more- in queue only to be instantly kicked because they didn't fit the groups needs.

Severely disappointing.

Join a guild.
    \Thread
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    Join a guild.
    \Thread
    point me to one that has an app process and not an instant invite so I dont have the same problem in my guild.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • beamanbrbeamanbr Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm giving up on the dungeon queue as well. Several times I've spent 30 minutes progressing when someone either quits or its clear our group isn't sufficient, and that means starting over from scratch. While it technically "works", it doesn't in reality.

If I really cared about it, I'd try to join a guild and go with people I know, but I don't. I'll just play the rest of the game, but its that much sooner I'll get bored. There are a lot of people who expect this type of content access, and will stop playing if it doesn't at least allow player replacement. While that might not affect some of you, it is a concern for the games longevity.
  • boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vix6u wrote: »
    "The queue isn't broken"
    You sir fail, you obviously have NOT que'd very often. Nothing says WIN like a T2 instance that you get 2 CW's and 3 TR's in group from the que....

Very real problem the Que IS broken, it does NOT make balanced groups capable of completing the instance very often.
    Very real problem, you can NOT replace someone after you've engaged a boss, you can't replace the fail, the ninja, the DC, the AFK'r or the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-hat.

Now the mechanic of the Dragon is just a pita, one trick though is to not use pets and keep melee off the boss, anyone/thing gets hit by the sword/boss CC = more shadow wolves...

Bro you have combined two different boss mechanics from two different fights.
    edited May 2013
    Bro you have combined two different boss mechanics from two different fights.
    meh, they are pretty much the same, and pretty much the same thing happens. Boss puts stuf on ground, people stand in it eww this is hard, adds come oh my too hard. /quit thank god ---- what, you can't replace? WTF!
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    listen if all the cleric is doing, is dps-iing, then they aren't healing correctly. I didn't pug a group I queued a group. I know clerics have a heal big blue shiny beam, and the stupid ones that never use it on anyone once on MD, they are not doing it right. I don't want to waste my time on the dungeon anymore -- will it help me get to 60 faster, no- look at all the time I have wasted on it thus far. I do not like skipping content and I have don't it twice now and I blame the broken queue. Because I would stay in there all day till I got people not so dumb, they could succeed.

YOu must be right, there cannot be any poor players that are clerics, and there is now way that I can have any sort of awareness at all about what the cleric isn't' doing. it's all me.

much like I wiped 10 times on the first boss in the queue for halls of flesh rending before I killed it. When people left, they got replaced. get it? and it took 5 hours to clear, that was first day though. But you're right ilm some psshhh poor player, that just likes to imagine everything is someone else fault. IT's not you, it's me.

You have absolutely no idea how DC's need to heal. This isn't wow or some other MMO where you have a dedicated tank and healer that is required to do dungeons. You can clear most t1's and some t2's without one or the other. Use your **** health pots that's what they are there for and why they are on like a 15 second CD. The queuing system may be broken but don't blame bad pugs and or your bad play style on PWE.
    edited May 2013
    meh, they are pretty much the same, and pretty much the same thing happens. Boss puts stuf on ground, people stand in it eww this is hard, adds come oh my too hard. /quit thank god ---- what, you can't replace? WTF!

Have you even done EPIC mad dragon or wolf den. That be some epic nerve wracking ****. Yeah it's doable fo sho but it's not a snooze fest hold down left mouse button so don't kid yourself.
    edited May 2013
    I have a choice coming soon. I can't get another SSD of my wife might flip out. I dont have space for 3 games so 1 will have to go. I like fantasy better than sci-fi but gd, these people are making hard not to appreciate the long SWtOR queue where don't get ninjad or stuck without a replacement. I am skipping content and the game itself pushes it that way. You level so **** fast ... and the queue is such a mess .... it's because they want you to get to 60 and get those chants.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013

Okay first off... PuG = Pick Up Group... When you Queue for a dungeon thats what you are doing Its PuGing. Now as for clerics using their "big blue shiny beam" you mean Soothing Light and guess what? It's a divinity power and the easiest way to build it up is to DPS. When a Cleric tosses AS on a target they get the golden ring around them, if you hit that target guess what you get healed, when they use sacred flame it gives everyone in its buff range a nice amount of Temp HP. The only real direct healing ability is Healing word, which only has three counters on it and while it does heal its not that amazing. Its a regen effect is all... If you'd want the cleric to only use that and Soothing Light you'd never get anywhere.

I'm not saying that there are not any poor players, there are actually quite a few. Reading the general forum will show you that. What I meant was that a Cleric needs to DPS to be an effective healer. I never once said it was you, you might be good you might be terrible. Haven't grouped with you so you need to calm down. Not everything is an attack. I was trying to educate you on how the cleric class mechanic works.

The best advice I can offer is find a guild, PuGing groups is a hard hard thing to deal with. You are gonna have ignorant players and good players... normally the ignorant out weigh the good.
    edited May 2013
    Have you even done EPIC mad dragon or wolf den. That be some epic nerve wracking ****. Yeah it's doable fo sho but it's not a snooze fest hold down left mouse button so don't kid yourself.

I don't know about epic. Nor do I know if I will find out at this point, but as far as regular goes ...
    a TR and a CW now have leveled past that queue MD TR is leveled past both MD and GWD but has been to each a few times. happened in the space of one day with the TR.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    Are the dungeons all you're interested in ? you can just do them at 60 they are the same just harder. Unless you were abusing foundry then the leveling is about right to be honest. There is a tonne of new MMO players trying this game you can see that by zone chat everyday people asking what you might think are the most simplest questions like "how do I q for a dungeon". Why don't you try helping them out and then maybe grouping and who knows maybe they will turn out to be superstars and face roll the game.
    edited May 2013
    Okay first off... PuG = Pick Up Group... When you Queue for a dungeon thats what you are doing Its PuGing. Now as for clerics using their "big blue shiny beam" you mean Soothing Light and guess what? It's a divinity power and the easiest way to build it up is to DPS. When a Cleric tosses AS on a target they get the golden ring around them, if you hit that target guess what you get healed, when they use sacred flame it gives everyone in its buff range a nice amount of Temp HP. The only real direct healing ability is Healing word, which only has three counters on it and while it does heal its not that amazing. Its a regen effect is all... If you'd want the cleric to only use that and Soothing Light you'd never get anywhere.

I'm not saying that there are not any poor players, there are actually quite a few. Reading the general forum will show you that. What I meant was that a Cleric needs to DPS to be an effective healer. I never once said it was you, you might be good you might be terrible. Haven't grouped with you so you need to calm down. Not everything is an attack. I was trying to educate you on how the cleric class mechanic works.

The best advice I can offer is find a guild, PuGing groups is a hard hard thing to deal with. You are gonna have ignorant players and good players... normally the ignorant out weigh the good.
    I pretty sure I mentioned, not seeing clerics EVER USE the big blue shiny beam on the MD fight, the bad ones like I said, I know the difference, why does everyone assume I need to be educated on good players and bad players? I's like people act like you're speaking to them directly. guess what, A bad cleric doesn't use the big blue shiny beam.

So the only hope I have of a good working queue is to join a guild? Okay, that fixes the broken queue. Sheesh, what was I thinking.
    To me- chat channels are PuGs, Queues are not. Potato - patatoe
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
    edited May 2013
    Are the dungeons all you're interested in ? you can just do them at 60 they are the same just harder. Unless you were abusing foundry then the leveling is about right to be honest. There is a tonne of new MMO players trying this game you can see that by zone chat everyday people asking what you might think are the most simplest questions like "how do I q for a dungeon". Why don't you try helping them out and then maybe grouping and who knows maybe they will turn out to be superstars and face roll the game.
    whats the challenge in that? I had this conversation with someone in wow essentially. You know, people whom are like certain that the black temple achievements means something once you're 20 levels past it's difficulty.

I say, it's not a real achievement.

I'm a grumpy old *******. I dont mind helping, long as one doesn't appear to be helpless t begin with, and actually whenever I catch a simple answer, I shoot it out there. but my idea of reasonable fun -in game- is not spamming chat for groups nor being forced to join a guild before I hit level cap. I joined one on my TR just because I got spammed with an invite- and I dont like spamming guild for groups either, it's like spamming guild to ask people to buy something, or help me get a mount guys, I need gold. I put LFG out there once and if nothing seems to be happening I go on about my way.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf