test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can you please make it so that only classes that can equip an item get to roll need?

Comments

• Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How can you level past the level cap? I would really like to know :confused:

How? I only have two level 60's. One of them is already geared out and the only items I need are for the CW. What good would it be if I get TR or GF epics? I don't need them...

Wow, dense much?

You can sell them, you muppet.
  • Options
    negnarlodennegnarloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As i stated in one of the posts b4... This system is a step forward. The "original" WoW need/greed/pass system was and is double RND. First of all the boss has to drop a specific item -> random. Second of all no one else with the same class can get higher roll than you -> second RND. Moreover *** a class A you were never entitled to the "worth more" drop, if it was for class B.

The system here enables the option to trade such items, and doesn't require you to have luck in the RND system (plzplzplz dear Illidan, drop my blades already!). You simply roll on what you can trade, and for that, get items you need. The greed option is great when you play in a stable party, where an item for a cleric in your team will enchance your chances of doing better dungeons for better loot. I think ppl just got so stuck in their ways, and the grind fest of all the dungeons. That they forgot about the possibility of trading and getting all the items you need that way...

EDIT: and btw... there is no "stealing" as one stated b4... you just put your time spent in an RND roll to get a reward for that time spent, which enables you to get stuff for it that reflects the time you spent in it.
  • Options
    lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    qaero wrote: »
    There is no need for a hotfix, because the current system isn't broken. Your play style isn't everyone else's play style, something many people need to understand. Anyone that spends 30-60 minutes clearing a dungeon has the loot rights to any piece that drops. Even if they can't equip it, they can use it to finance other purchases or an alt. You are not entitled to loot, just because your class can use it.

This is why people roll on items they can`t use, because they feel they deserve it just because they did the same dungeon as the rest of the group. People like you are reason everything is ****ed up with people rolling need on everything. When people stop putting pricetags and what they feel their time is worth, then this problem will stop.

I could imagine my guild in eq running a raid and awarding cleric loot to a shadowknight just because he has a right to earn at least something for time he spent taking up a groupslot. These games are about teamwork and gearing each other up to do harder content, not only about you and how much you can sell a drop for you robbed someone else of that you couldn`t even use.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Wow, dense much?

Wow...

You do understand that not all gear costs the same right?

Also with the current buggy state of the AH, selling items is not really worthwhile unless you try to price at rock bottom without buyout price.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    Look at post 11. Right next to that number actually.

I'll be buggered....thanks for pointing it out.

Wow...ok, so for feedback, let's get him a color change on his name and special siggy like rest of the devs so it is easier to spot out.
  • Options
    negnarlodennegnarloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordhorde wrote: »
    I could imagine my guild in eq running a raid and awarding cleric loot to a shadowknight just because he has a right to earn at least something for time he spent taking up a groupslot. These games are about teamwork and gearing each other up to do harder content, not only about you and how much you can sell a drop for you robbed someone else of that you couldn`t even use.

It is a teamwork game, thats why getting a stable group is such a good idea overall. And you should care that one in a group you constantly run with gets better gear, thats totally valid. But in a pug, with ppl you are likely not too meet again, there is no reason not to try to get your times worth for running a dungeon. It's like in real life, you work for something and you want something for it. Someone got your item and you got his? you can still trade. You are the only rogue in a random group and all 5 very rare items drop for rogues, and you want them all? That way of thinking is pure stupid. Couse just now you robbed the entire group of the loot you all worked on! And couse all items are tradeable here, everyone has a use for an item -> AH. Where you can sell it and get the gear you want.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zack Ryder is in your group, stealing your gears....
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h2oratty wrote: »
    This is on a list of things to address.

Seriously? Why?

What if I have an Alt that can use said item?

This is stupid.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why people roll on items they can`t use, because they feel they deserve it just because they did the same dungeon as the rest of the group. People like you are reason everything is ****ed up with people rolling need on everything. When people stop putting pricetags and what they feel their time is worth, then this problem will stop.

I blame AH and high AD prices on items :) since we CAN sell ANY BoE items on AH, there will be a pricetag.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes but maybe addressing it means skewing the odds in favor of present classes, but others still have a chance. h2oratty didn't clarify how they were addressing it.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly haven't run into this issue more than once. the solution? Just remove the ninja from the group.

But if you join via random queue and do that you deserve to be reported. If you want to dictate loot rules make your own groups.
    Seriously? Why?

What if I have an Alt that can use said item?

This is stupid.

And I always need more Astral Diamonds :rolleyes:. They didn't say HOW they are going to address this. Maybe they'll simply remove the 'greed' button.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aescleal wrote: »
    Yes but maybe addressing it means skewing the odds in favor of present classes, but others still have a chance. h2oratty didn't clarify how they were addressing it.

I suppose.... but still. If it's such a problem, b-list people who need everything, or party with guilds. You don't know what I need and what I don't need.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow...

Ah, your own denseness surprises you too?
    You do understand that not all gear costs the same right?

Entirely irrelevant. Over time, it will always balance out.
    Also with the current buggy state of the AH, selling items is not really worthwhile unless you try to price at rock bottom without buyout price.
    This not true when it comes to the more valuable items. For trash, who cares. Seriously. Trash is trash, no one cares.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow, dense much?

Forming a group used to be something that was social, and players formed an unspoken social contract where you leave things I need for me, and in return I leave things you need for you. There was give and take, which was mutually beneficial. You can use that shiny new dagger that dropped? Fine, take it, but I get the chainmail that drops for my cleric, in exchange. This give and take used to be universally understood, and seen as benefitting the entire community.

It's sad to see pure greed is the new norm. This new culture which places greed above all else is rather short-sighted and shallow. These players certainly have no interest in building a community which has the best interests of everyone at its heart. You simply want what's best for yourself. That's unfortunate, and what's more unfortunate is that the majority of players, across all modern MMOs, would appear to be siding with you on this issue.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    It is a teamwork game, thats why getting a stable group is such a good idea overall. And you should care that one in a group you constantly run with gets better gear, thats totally valid. But in a pug, with ppl you are likely not too meet again, there is no reason not to try to get your times worth for running a dungeon. It's like in real life, you work for something and you want something for it. Someone got your item and you got his? you can still trade. You are the only rogue in a random group and all 5 very rare items drop for rogues, and you want them all? That way of thinking is pure stupid. Couse just now you robbed the entire group of the loot you all worked on! And couse all items are tradeable here, everyone has a use for an item -> AH. Where you can sell it and get the gear you want.

Again It seems to come down to be able to sell something for yourself because you don`t want to walk away emptyhanded. I have run dungeons where the one class that the blues or purples only dropped and they got they got them. I have no problem with that because that was the loot that dropped. I`ll roll greed or pass on the blues and purples and if the guy already has it he may roll greed as well. I just passed on a t2 mainhand because the run before I got one. I could have rolled need and got it because it was a different group and they all choose greed and someone else got it, grats to them. But if I do a run and blue or purple upgrade drops for my class and I`m the only class there that can use it, then it should go to me unless I have it already.

I spend way more on potions and repair kits then I make in a dungeon run. Does that mean I`m entitled to take something away from someone who may have need of it? I don`t think so. And about the random people I`ll never see again, I see quite a few of them in the randoms I join and that`s how you start making friends and get to know them so that really don`t float with me. And gearing alts from different characters is the epitome of greed. Run the dungeon with your alt if you want the drops. If I have the patience to put the time into gearing my character in a respectful, courteous way, why can`t you?
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't bring myself to roll Need on an item that is not usable by my class because I know I will be skewing over someone on my team who can in fact use it... But apparently I am the only one that feels this way in a PUG.

Your not the only one, as I usually pass on anything that I cant use, greed on anything that anyone can use(ie rings, belts, mats, etc) and need class based gear, such as weapons armour and helms. But we are very few and far between when it comes to decent human beings who play this game like real community members, not some devolved mutant who has a dire need to amass as much AD as possible despite anyone else.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, your own denseness surprises you too?

Checked your post history. Do you even bother posting anything constructive? Ever?
    Entirely irrelevant. Over time, it will always balance out.

Given enough time everything will, but I don't play 10+ hours/day.
    This not true when it comes to the more valuable items. For trash, who cares. Seriously. Trash is trash, no one cares.

Actually it is. Epic TR pieces go for 2-3X the AD cost of DC ones. At least on Dragon. Simple economics - More TR's = more customers = higher demand.... See where this is going?

Anyway, I am done talking with you. Arguing with an idiot is pointless. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? Why? What if I have an Alt that can use said item? This is stupid.

Then you run the dungeons with the alt who needs gear from there.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    qaeroqaero Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    yeah it's easy to have that attitude when you're not 60 and didn't wait all day to get in a certain dungeon, work your *** off to kill a certain boss, just to get one item that you can use and need and it goes to someone to put on the auction. I've played since UO as well and that has no bearing on this topic. It's not about forcing a play style on others, it's about decency and if the devs do change it then it will be forced on those needing all the time so you will be incorrect on that.

I only mentioned I played since UO, because someone assumed I was new to MMOs, thus having bearing on the topic.

It's not about decency, it's about a sense of entitlement in a PUG. You believe your time is worth more than someone else's time because an item for your class dropped. You are indeed trying to force a play style on others, because you think they should have the same idea of "decency" that you do. If the devs change it, I'll not care either way. I'm simply pointing out you are not entitled to loot....just as I've pointed out I still only roll need on items I can use...unless the entire party is rolling need on everything.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The identify system is to leech more money from people.

Current system is years out of date and just BAD.
  • Options
    qaeroqaero Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

People like me? Perhaps you should go back and read what I put below where you conveniently snipped my quote to make a point. When people stop feeling entitled in a PUG, then this problem will stop. Random folks in a PUG are under no obligation to gear up your character...their time is indeed worth something.
  • Options
    montarrimontarri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Face it, the new MMO generation is alot different then the old schoolers. If you did this kinda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> before you would get blacklisted and never find a group. Nowadays all the new mmo kiddies feel they are entitled to everything. Just like they are in real life. Pretty soon you'll have unemployment and welfare in MMOs.

This is why i get into a mature experienced guild and only run dungeons with them. Problem solved.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h2oratty wrote: »
    This is on a list of things to address.

And 2 for 2 far on my list... Good start to the morning...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    back2workback2work Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    Forming a group used to be something that was social, and players formed an unspoken social contract where you leave things I need for me, and in return I leave things you need for you. There was give and take, which was mutually beneficial. You can use that shiny new dagger that dropped? Fine, take it, but I get the chainmail that drops for my cleric, in exchange. This give and take used to be universally understood, and seen as benefitting the entire community.

It's sad to see pure greed is the new norm. This new culture which places greed above all else is rather short-sighted and shallow. These players certainly have no interest in building a community which has the best interests of everyone at its heart. You simply want what's best for yourself. That's unfortunate, and what's more unfortunate is that the majority of players, across all modern MMOs, would appear to be siding with you on this issue.

-Travail.

this way of thinking and acting went out the window and left on the wayside due to the WoW crowd. was extreemly rare to enounter these issues in UO, Eq, AC, DAoC... wow came around... all went to hell.
  • Options
    therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the folks who think having everyone roll Need on everything is evil or indecent, try this: For a given dungeon on a given pick-up group, start out by rolling Greed (or Pass) on off-class items. If one person rolls Need on an off-class item that another player could actually have used, ask them to hand it over. If they refuse (or stay silent or whatever), start rolling Need on off-class items, and do so for the rest of the dungeon. However, when you start a new dungeon, go back to Greed, even if a known offender is in the group.

This strategy, called reciprocity, can yield you consistently higher benefits over time under conditions of uncertainty (i.e., not knowing what your teammates are going to do) than playing "nice" or having everyone Need everything. If everyone plays "nice," you're golden; if a chronic Needer sneaks in, you even out the odds after the first misplaced loot. And it doesn't take many instances of the former case to make up for the single loss per dungeon in the latter.

Plus, it has the benefit of appealing to your sense of conscience, and/or your sense of vengeance. You try to be "nice," even to the point of giving a transgressor a chance to redeem him/herself, but your prepared to defend yourself - and the transgressor isn't gonna get away with it if he/she doesn't make amends.

This is probably the best you can hope for in PuGs unless and until Cryptic decides to revamp the system.

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • Options
    daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    should just make boss drops bind on pick up. no idea why boss drops are even bind on equip..doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    montarrimontarri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The people doing this don't care if you join them in the same thing. They are in it for the grind and sell.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Given enough time everything will, but I don't play 10+ hours/day.

Nor do you need to.
    Actually it is. Epic TR pieces go for 2-3X the AD cost of DC ones. At least on Dragon. Simple economics - More TR's = more customers = higher demand.... See where this is going?
    No, I don't. What you just said is true, of course, but it is in no way a relevant response to the quoted phrase.
    Anyway, I am done talking with you. Arguing with an idiot is pointless. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Is that the best cliche phrase you could come up with? At least be original. But I suppose it does show who the real idiot is, so thanks for that :)
  • Options
    back2workback2work Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daed76 wrote: »
    should just make boss drops bind on pick up. no idea why boss drops are even bind on equip..doesn't make sense.

go back to WoW..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daed76 wrote: »

Makes perfect sense. It's called farming, to acquire wealth which can in turn be used to acquire harder, better, faster, stronger items. You know, what MMOs are pretty much about at end-game.

Shocking, right?