test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What to do at lvl 60?

suiciderunsuiciderun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I just tried a foundry mission and it was a nightmare. Everything was lvl 60 and in the end it cost me 3 gold in potions and 700 AD in injury kits. Needless to say I had a horrible time. Is this gonna be like GW2 where now that I'm at the top lvl there's no good content left?
Post edited by suiciderun on

Comments

• Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic dungeons and PvP, just like in all other MMOG's.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open the que window and start queing for T1 dungeons. Once you get that gear que up for T2 dungeons, which is the games "end game" currently. As for foundry/crafting, pvp, RP & questing at 60, they are all side shows.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Attaining level 60 should take months of game play. Elminster, arguably the most powerful Canon Mage is 27th Lvl!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks for the help.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Attaining level 60 should take months of game play. Elminster, arguably the most powerful Canon Mage is 27th Lvl!

But level 60 in NWO is equal to level 20 in D&D.

Can't wait for an expansion with Epic Feats. That will be interesting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I agree, I got to level 60 very fast which isn't so good, however unlike many MMORPGs I did feel like my character was a major force in the realm. The NPCs treated me like I was a hero, commenting on what I've done and that was very refreshing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But level 60 in NWO is equal to level 20 in D&D.

Can't wait for an expansion with Epic Feats. That will be interesting.
    And it took months and or years to reach lvl20! Took me 5 years of weekly game nights to become a 20th Fighter/20th Druid. People here have gained 50% more levels in a week! Where is the fun of that. You became a master of the game and nobody even knows who you are!
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all foundry missions will scale to your level, so all content that has difficult mobs added to it will become more challenging the later you do it.

As for what to do at level 60? Same as with all other cryptic games. repeat boring dailies or start a new toon.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suiciderun wrote: »
    I agree, I got to level 60 very fast which isn't so good, however unlike many MMORPGs I did feel like my character was a major force in the realm. The NPCs treated me like I was a hero, commenting on what I've done and that was very refreshing

Not to mention that combat is so "meaty" (at least for the melee classes) that you feel <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all foundry missions will scale to your level, so all content that has difficult mobs added to it will become more challenging the later you do it.

As for what to do at level 60? Same as with all other themepark games. repeat boring dailies or start a new toon.

Corrected for clearness
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Corrected for clearness

The word you were looking for is clarity. i don't need the ill-educated to interpret what I say. It's quite clear. Other 'Theme Park' mmo's have endgame content for gear progression. Cryptic do not have a handle on that yet.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at 60 it's surprising how hard some of the foundry quests become. there are ones I did at lower levels and now they kick my butt. I think they must tone down the mobs for the game areas and dungeons. I played one the other day and got owned by 2 Nasher guards, not even bosses lol. there isn't much else to do unless you like the elite dungeons or pvp which seems to suck with the afk people.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    At your level... The enemies should be killing themselves instead of facing you! Whispering your name should make women pregnant and grown men weep! Weapons should be named after you. Your Spells should be in every mages spellbooks! Clerics should be preying to you for divine power! That is how powerful you got... In a week!
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At your level... The enemies should be killing themselves instead of facing you! Whispering your name should make women pregnant and grown men weep! Weapons should be named after you. Your Spells should be in every mages spellbooks! Clerics should be preying to you for divine power! That is how powerful you got... In a week!

if this were pnp and straight up D&D any edition you would be right.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

It's a shame, none of this feels like D&D to me. And not just because I sat around a ton of graph paper with a pencil in the 70's.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LoL. Great post!

I agree.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The game is totally borked if you can max it out in a week!The Canon Heroes of the Realm are worthy only of being your henchmen and shield bearers... after a week!!! After years (in Drzz't case decades) of adventuring the Legends of the Realm are less then 1/3 your level! The most powerful Mage Is 27th Level! But in a week of gaming, you are as high a level as some of the gods?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's a shame, none of this feels like D&D to me. And not just because I sat around a ton of graph paper with a pencil in the 70's.
    I have nearly 25+ years of playing Computer RPGs as well as picking up PnP to play my first game of D&D in '78-'79. Never once have I maxed out the level limit in such a short time.
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just tried a foundry mission and it was a nightmare. Everything was lvl 60 and in the end it cost me 3 gold in potions and 700 AD in injury kits. Needless to say I had a horrible time. Is this gonna be like GW2 where now that I'm at the top lvl there's no good content left?

Rush to max level - Check!

Whine on the forum that there is nothing to do - Check!

Uninstall the game and get a girlfriend -
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have nearly 25+ years of playing Computer RPGs as well as picking up PnP to play my first game of D&D in '78-'79. Never once have I maxed out the level limit in such a short time.

I used to play by mail. Imagine that? You made your turn, posted it and awaited your letter and info to update your campaign map. 1 move a week. Some things have got better ;)
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Rush to max level - Check!

Whine on the forum that there is nothing to do - Check!

Uninstall the game and get a girlfriend -

I have motorcycles thankfully. Girlfriends just seem to appear ;)
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I could never have played that way. I could see some players being MAYBE 15th level in a week. But maxing the game out? That is more Monty Haul than any campaign I have ever been in!
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sit back and pour yourself a mai tai.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I believe that there goes five of these Neverwinter levels on a real D&D level or something like that so level 60 in Neverwinter is like level 12 in D&D.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything was lvl 60 and in the end it cost me 3 gold in potions and 700 AD in injury kits.

Some are harder than others, but i'm loving foundry at 60, xp means nothing, so besides running those which are described differently, i can focus on the good story ones. I'm not sure why you are spending AD on injury kits though, you can buy them with gold, and potions are cheap, three gold is like 60 potions!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    I believe that there goes five of these Neverwinter levels on a real D&D level or something like that so level 60 in Neverwinter is like level 12 in D&D.
    Dude. That. Is. Lame.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dude. That. Is. Lame.

Blame Cryptic.

Edit: I also have no idea what this 4th Edition rules entails since I played mostly during the mid 80's to the late 90's.

When most of my friends stopped playing D&D due to the 3.5th Edition rules I did too.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And it took months and or years to reach lvl20! Took me 5 years of weekly game nights to become a 20th Fighter/20th Druid. People here have gained 50% more levels in a week! Where is the fun of that. You became a master of the game and nobody even knows who you are!

Play one foundry a week here, not exploit ones, and it could take that long here. Just imagine if xp here was as slow as mmo's were at first, or like pnp was, and then imagine all the foundry exploits, and how hellish it would be. There is a current trend to "game starts at cap", with raids and dungeons, and that has ruined ever going slow leveling. The only gear that "matters" is end game gear, and it's all the same. Back in pnp i remember finding things that lasted me actual years, artifacts that grew in power with me, odd random gear that was cool, etc. I really wish there was random loot here, more than just another piece of vendor trash greens. :\

Levels here are what DDO sort of did, it kept the levels but added the different ranks so it felt like you were making progress. there is such power difference here too where every classical level is three levels here. Harder to get used to for me, but still, just divide your level by three to get a feel what level you are. ;)
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could never have played that way. I could see some players being MAYBE 15th level in a week. But maxing the game out? That is more Monty Haul than any campaign I have ever been in!

Pehaps you should be comparing the game to others in it's genre (2010+ MMO) and not to PnP games. While the leveling here is on the fast side, most MMOs (other than Korean-style uber-grinders) have reasonably quick progession. Very few customers want to go back to the "good old days" of having to continuously grind 10+ hours in a leveling party, to gain 1 level. Also, the obnoxious "the game starts at Endgame, having to level is an inconvenience" attitude has become entrenched in the playerbase by those "l33t raider" types.

(Yeah, I know PnP is slower - heck, my AD&D2nd campaign back in highschool lasted close to 2 years. And we got to level 7. But this isn't that kind of game, and trying to do that would drive away most everyone except a few. Also, they'd need a vast amount more content.)

edit: having said that..... yeah, I've been wondering what there is (besides Foundry) to do at level 60 that isn't a queue'd party thing? I don't tend to do much of that in these games (and sitting in queues waiting for something to happen is boring), but there's usually a bunch of things to do that don't absolutely require a tank/healer/3dps group. WoW, CoH, STO.... could always find something to do. What is there to do here? (My highest character is 34 at the moment, so I'm not near cap yet :p Just curious about what awaits me....)
  • Options
    zmannamzzmannamz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sorry to say but this is the computer age and with it most people dont want to invest there time and money in to character that could be gone in the blink of an eye. Back when this was done on pen and paper or how ever you played, it made sense that it take that much time your character would be wait for you next time you want to play it. But with your character be on a server some where it could be gone forever ( server shut down, harddrives with character and backup dies, and so on and so on ). I played neverwinter nights on servers for years and now all my characters are gone like dust in wind.

Also in most mmo its all about the endgame not the leveling.