test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What to do at lvl 60?

2»

Comments

• Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you do? Simple!

Kill lots of adds!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nighthalasnighthalas Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Pehaps you should be comparing the game to others in it's genre (2010+ MMO) and not to PnP games. While the leveling here is on the fast side, most MMOs (other than Korean-style uber-grinders) have reasonably quick progession. Very few customers want to go back to the "good old days" of having to continuously grind 10+ hours in a leveling party, to gain 1 level. Also, the obnoxious "the game starts at Endgame, having to level is an inconvenience" attitude has become entrenched in the playerbase by those "l33t raider" types.

It can take a year or even two to get a character from level 1 to level 30 in the MMO version of Baldur's Gate. If the character has +2 ECL, it's like getting from level 1 to level 32. To get to the maximum level 30 you need 435k-496k experience points. Ordinary monsters give you 10-50 xp until level 20 and around 10-30 xp from level 20 to level 30. For role-playing you usually get automatically 10-50 xp for a good fantasy themed role-playing sentence you type but there is some cap like 1000-2000 xp per day that you can get with just typing role-playing sentences while you are interacting with other player characters. Minibosses usually yield around 100 xp and big bosses around 300 xp.

So, yeah, progression in Neverwinter is a "bit" faster. :D
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What to do? Craft stuff for your alts :D
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What to do? Craft stuff for your alts :D

Would those be the alts you are required to purchase with real money whilst 'beta testing' the game?
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pehaps you should be comparing the game to others in it's genre (2010+ MMO) and not to PnP games. While the leveling here is on the fast side, most MMOs (other than Korean-style uber-grinders) have reasonably quick progession. Very few customers want to go back to the "good old days" of having to continuously grind 10+ hours in a leveling party, to gain 1 level. Also, the obnoxious "the game starts at Endgame, having to level is an inconvenience" attitude has become entrenched in the playerbase by those "l33t raider" types.

(Yeah, I know PnP is slower - heck, my AD&D2nd campaign back in highschool lasted close to 2 years. And we got to level 7. But this isn't that kind of game, and trying to do that would drive away most everyone except a few. Also, they'd need a vast amount more content.)

edit: having said that..... yeah, I've been wondering what there is (besides Foundry) to do at level 60 that isn't a queue'd party thing? I don't tend to do much of that in these games (and sitting in queues waiting for something to happen is boring), but there's usually a bunch of things to do that don't absolutely require a tank/healer/3dps group. WoW, CoH, STO.... could always find something to do. What is there to do here? (My highest character is 34 at the moment, so I'm not near cap yet :p Just curious about what awaits me....)
    What took years for us with PnP should take months on Computer! Not hours!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Blame Cryptic.
    Why? Cause the are pandering to the short attention span theater?
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would recommend getting a job.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can load the game on my Computer at work. I would do it but I don't want to risk losing a job of 20 years over Drow!
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From reading around the forums, you get into groups, roll need on everything and put what you win the AH so you can laugh at the **** healer that needed the gear when they have to buy it. Then, you wonder why you can't get healed when you're grouped with that **** cleric the next time?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The word you were looking for is clarity. i don't need the ill-educated to interpret what I say. It's quite clear. Other 'Theme Park' mmo's have endgame content for gear progression. Cryptic do not have a handle on that yet.

Considering they haven't completely launched, yeah I am not surprised.

And forgive me if it's not my main language, Mr Sourpuss
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Why? Cause the are pandering to the short attention span theater?

Who else to blame but the developers? Santa Claus? The Tooth Fairy? The Easter Bunny?
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Attaining level 60 should take months of game play. Elminster, arguably the most powerful Canon Mage is 27th Lvl!

Many people got to lvl 60 in only a few hours, not even days or weeks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Many people got to lvl 60 in only a few hours, not even days or weeks.

That proves it that this is just World of Warcraft in a D&D skin.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That proves it that this is just World of Warcraft in a D&D skin.

Which proves that you're just trolling and/or parroting standard internet stereotypes, since even with speeded up leveling in WoW, it takes a good bit longer to cap in that game (even just getting to 60). /shrug
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Which proves that you're just trolling and/or parroting standard internet stereotypes, since even with speeded up leveling in WoW, it takes a good bit longer to cap in that game (even just getting to 60). /shrug

You just admitted that this game is worse than World of Warcraft. ;)
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have launched. It is a commercial product out in the wild. The fact that they like to cover up their faults with the term 'beta' does not alter the fact that this is a launched product. Press and PR is my game. I won't swallow that bull****.

Also they have been making games on this very same engine for 5 years now. They still can't do endgame content for all their previous releases. What makes you sure this will be different? It's all about getting the new player to want to buy the shiny stuffs. Forget the rest, they'll move on.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You just admitted that this game is worse than World of Warcraft. ;)

No, just that leveling is faster. But leveling was faster in Star Trek Online as well. May be a Cryptic thing.
    (at least in STO, the quests scale to match your level, so even when you cap, you can keep progressing through any story missions you missed with level-appropriate enemies.)
  • Options
    cett2cett2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Start farming Epic Cloak Tower for seals, its fast and easy to get alot of seals for shadewalker gear at npc
  • Options
    tarcatostarcatos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please i need help, as I can reset my skill point and feat
  • Options
    jkknight09jkknight09 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have nearly 25+ years of playing Computer RPGs as well as picking up PnP to play my first game of D&D in '78-'79. Never once have I maxed out the level limit in such a short time.

While I agree with your posts, this is the nature of MMO's. I've hit max level in 10+ MMO's, so after hitting 60 here I was not shocked. The only thing I feel is missing from this game is opposing factions.. what are we pvp'ing for exactly? There is no struggle.

Edit: Additionally, there is no openness to the game, no exploring or adventuring imo. You just click on a map and you are instantly there. I recall when it used to be a struggle to get to places in games.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    to compare pnp and a computer game is just foolish... yup foolish. It would take you 20 minutes to resolve the combat that takes a minute or less here. Some of the Boss battles would take well over an hour to resolve and a 15 minute foundry quest would potentially take multiple sessions of play, depending on how much you rp and the focus of the dm/campaign.

I leveled toons in DCUO from 1-30 in less than a week, the equivalence of 60 here. I have yet to hit 60 in this game and have been playing several hours each week. Still really enjoying the game. I look forward to seeing the life after 60, because as an MMO, it is the end game that you need to evaluate a game, for that is where you spend the majority of your time.

I mean seriously, to compare pnp to a computer game is like comparing a book to a movie and saying 'they did that in 2 hours? it took me months to read....'
  • Options
    maggotholemaggothole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad that levelling is short. Levelling sucks, get me to the end game as fast as possible and I'm happy; but to each their own I guess.
  • Options
    krapmyselfskrapmyselfs Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm so entertained by the visceral combat that I didn't realize I was leveling toward an endgame! For me it feels like I'm playing a modernized version of NWN and I'm the hero righting all the wrongs in the world! Yay me!

Also, I must have played a very different version of PnP DnD cause for me it was about the adventure, not getting that +5 sword of turning. Ad libbing with friends for a hysterical outcome was always a joy and it kept be playing what I now realize is just a really sneaky way of teaching me to quickly calculate basic math problems.

I'll never forget my Staff of Indomitable Healing. It would heal anything you hit with it, so when my friends were on their last hit points, I'd beat them back to life.

And finally, when it comes to blowing through lvls and maxing very quickly, I find it's the norm in modern MMOs because of betas, open and otherwise. When you join in a beta, your seeing all the stuff for the first time at that point. Once it goes live, well, you've been there, done that so it's very easy to go through the same thing quickly since you already did it all and know exactly where to go and what the fastest route is.