test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glory Gain stacking issues.

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I enchanted 3 items today with Glory Gain enchants.

2 x 3.5%
1 x 4%

Total Glory Gain = 7.5%

2 x 3.5% items are Helm and Feet.
4% is Arms

When I put on the two 3.5% items, only one registers.
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• Options
    slimey26slimey26 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same thing happens to me when I use xp mods. I have 12-13 percent but it only shows 6.5. I can off all pieces and any 2-3 pieces will cap me out.

Is this intended?
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Just confirmed this by replacing one of the 3.5% peices with another 4% and still only coming in at a total of 7.5% where it should now be 11.5%.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have 2 4% exp enchants but only shows 4% total, are they not supposed to stack?
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Update, i swapped out one of my 4% enchants with a 3,5% and now it shows 7,5% xp bonus on my character screen.

So it seems like it is only the enchants with the same % that does not stack or is recognized by the game, now the question is:

Is that working as intended?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump, would really like to hear if this is how you want it to work?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bumpity bump
  • Options
    hadmatterhadmatter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed this issue as well. Some feedback, or at least a nod from a redname, would go a long way...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hadmatter wrote: »
    I have noticed this issue as well. Some feedback, or at least a nod from a redname, would go a long way...

it would be nice indeed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Back to the front.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *cough cough*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Update2:
    On my level 20 gwf i put in a 4% and a 4,5% exp enchant but only the 4% shows up in stats, seriously whats the deal, its expensive to move those enchants around not to mention ensure you succesfully fuse them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nothing? 10/
  • Options
    galefire102galefire102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having the same issue with XP gained. I sent in a ticket a few days ago and got no response. When I have Azure rank 2 (3.5% xp) x 2 and Azure rank 3 (4%) x 1 I only have 7.5% xp gain when it should be 11%. If I take off one of the 3.5% while looking at the sheet I notice it drops to 4% briefly (even though I am still wearing a rank 2 and a rank 3) then shortly after corrects itself back to 7.5% with no input.

EDIT: I can imagine gold gain works much the same way as glory/xp gain.
  • Options
    hadmatterhadmatter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still nothing? I sent a ticket a few days ago and nothing. The launch of the game was pretty smooth, so what's occupying the GM's time so much that they can't get back to us? HELLO OUT THERE?!?!
  • Options
    jforjerkjforjerk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Bump again. lack of information is very annoying.
  • Options
    cheadhest1cheadhest1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, i enchanted two items with a 4% glory bonus each at a cost of 17,000 Astral diamonds each, and in my stats it only shows up as 4% total. Very frustrating! :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump.

/10chars
  • Options
    captainsighcaptainsigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna bump this thought id throw on 3 4% enchantments to test and only showing 4% while a friend has lower ranks but shows 7.5%...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Havent seen anything to address this issue in most recent patch, and I dont believe ive seen an official response.
    Bump
  • Options
    rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    i already submitted this as a ticket in day 2 of headstart, and still no response. you basically have to have different rank enchants for it to stack proper. if you use the same rank it doesn't stack.

was very expensive when i had 3 rank 8s in and found it wasn't stacking and had to unbind 2 and put rank 7 and rank 6 in.

this happens with any of the % based enchants it seems, including experience and glory. movement is fine since its just a points based total not % based total.

as far as im concerned this is one of the easiest and quickest bugs to fix yet they are addressing stupid useless stuff in patch notes from what i can see.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    very lame to not have it in tooltips
    I dont get to play that much, so I cant really afford to remove the gems without it setting me back a few days.
    I guess ill just have to wait for newer items, im not max or anywhere close luckily.
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I figure this is intentional, but here's how utility slots work:

For Gold/XP/Glory you may only use 1 of each rank of gem, eg. 7, 6, 5, otherwise they will not stack.

To my knowledge the rest of the stats stack (this has been tested with movement speed and a few others)

Seeing how difficult this would be to monitor and receive accurate results, I've assumed a few things and left it at that:
    a.) The character sheet is bugged and you actually do receive the bonus
    b.) You cannot stack bonus Gold/XP/Glory intentionally
    c.) It's a stacking bug with increased returns

If anyone else has more info on this it would be appreciated
  • Options
    f1shb0tf1shb0t Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it is intentional, then it makes absolutely no sense.

Devs??
  • Options
    chichopowchichopow Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    since i cant open new topics i dont know why, arent you going to ban these people that abused the Share quest with infinite exp?? thats not fair, LOT LOT of people leveled from 1 to 60 with an AutoIT script...
  • Options
    w0nder1337w0nder1337 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump,
    i already but 5% glory on 3 items... srsly fix this...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im very suprised no tickets or this thread havent seen a response.
  • Options
    dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *BUMP*
    [size=+2]Can we get an official acknowledgment here that this is recognized as a bug and will be fixed? PLEASE[/size]
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks everybody! We're looking into it. :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    tearrrtearrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks everybody! We're looking into it. :)

Just wanted to confirm, that means it is a bug and will be addressed? If it is I will wait and slot glory gain of the same %. If not I will go ahead and begin slotting my items now.

Thanks
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i doubt that's as intended, i expect either :
    -none should stack
    -all should stack

jsut making each percentage stack, makes no logical sense in anyway
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3