test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does customer service/billing department exist? Not a troll. Account banned.

gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
*Wanted to update OP to reflect that I enjoy the game, have nothing against PWE or Cryptic, and just want my account reinstated and to be able to use the Guardians of Neverwinter pack on my account and be able to play a product I enjoy.*

My account was banned early yesterday after I purchased a Guardians of Neverwinter pack via the founders section. I was all stoked to level my character, and even got to play some after the purchase went through. Deciding to take a break and go about my day, I come back a while later and logged back in. This account has been banned.

Having no idea whatsoever what is wrong, I check my emails/forums etc. Apparently, paypal/banks place temporary holds on suspect purchases (I take that to mean purchases made from companies like PWE).

The purchase was placed on hold, and subsequently approved a few minutes later, but apparently this was enough for PWE to flag my account and automatically ban me electronically.

With that said, I've been trying to reach PWE since yesterday via email and phone. It actually took me a good amount of time to find the alleged customer service/billing support phone number(s) (Really its just one because the corporate number redirects you to the billing number).

I've called upwards of 20+ times today already today, sent numerous emails, website tickets, etc and I have come to the conclusion that unless this issue can be resolved in a timely fashion I'm going to be left with no other recourse but to do a chargeback.

All I want is to play the game, receive the product I ordered, and potentially buy more products in the future.

Has anyone ever successfully reached a human in the customer service/billing department? I really do not want to waste my time dialing the number hundreds of times if its just a fake department.

This is stuck in my head.

"Thank you for calling Perfect World billing services, all of our agents are currently busy. Please hold for the next available agent."

Phone rings more...

"Thank you for calling Perfect World billing. Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 10am through 6:30pm Pacific Time. If you are calling during our normal business hours, all of our agents are currently assisting other customers. Please call back again in a few moments, or check us out on the web at www.perfectworld.com."

Pause

"Thank you. Goodbye. Beep Beep Beep."
Post edited by gruntpyre on

Comments

• gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump in the hopes that a CM/Admin/Dev can respond. I've posted on other forum sections, emailed, called, have received no responses.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gruntpyre wrote: »
    Bump in the hopes that a CM/Admin/Dev can respond. I've posted on other forum sections, emailed, called, have received no responses.

Some people on these forums claim they try to call 70+ times per day for a couple of days and got no response, and were never able to speak with anyone. So, goodluck!
  • dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    This is unfortunately one of the downsides of an electronic computer-run system. I hope you get this straightened out.

If all else fails, call your credit card company / bank, and have them reverse the charge.
  • gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Some people on these forums claim they try to call 70+ times per day for a couple of days and got no response, and were never able to speak with anyone. So, goodluck!

At this point I'm just curious as to whether there are actual employees that work there, or if its just a diversion.
    edited May 2013
    This is unfortunately one of the downsides of an electronic computer-run system. I hope you get this straightened out.

If all else fails, call your credit card company / bank, and have them reverse the charge.

If that's what I have to do, then that's what I have to do. The sad part is, I just want to play with the guardian pack I purchased.
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    did you farm xp with certain quest yesterday and the day before?
  • fakfejsfakfejs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not against the rules to farm xp with map some1 made. Making the maps is.
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    did you farm xp with certain quest yesterday and the day before?

No. You are speculating on random things when I told you why I was banned.

Hello ,

This email is to inform you that one or more transactions made to your Perfect World Entertainment account now has an open dispute with the payment source. If you feel this is in error or you need more information, please go to http://support.perfectworld.com and open a ticket to the billing department.

While the dispute(s) are open, the account that made the purchase(s) is to remain banned.

PWE Customer Service Team
    http://support.perfectworld.com

This is from an email sent to me. I've called my bank and paypal. The holdup is on the end of PWE, not paypal or my bank as paypal has completed the transaction yesterday, and there is no bank hold on the purchase.

The only holdup is that PWE has not updated my account to reflect that the payment has already processed, and their electronic auto-ban system has my account banned immediately after purchasing their Guardian pack.

This is a HUGE disincentive to other players to purchase Guardian packs if they have a similar experience.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Relax, and don't spam the customer service. One ticket is enough. Use the "support" page, since it's the only tool that works. It takes up to 5 days to get an answer, be patient and take a break in the meantime.
  • passivefistpassivefist Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to create a support ticket to unlock my account when the beta first went live, because it was locked for some reason. It took 4 days to get a response.
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    My account was banned early yesterday after I purchased a Guardians of Neverwinter pack via the founders section. I was all stoked to level my character, and even got to play some after the purchase went through. Deciding to take a break and go about my day, I come back a while later and logged back in. This account has been banned.

Having no idea whatsoever what is wrong, I check my emails/forums etc. Apparently, paypal/banks place temporary holds on suspect purchases (I take that to mean purchases made from companies like PWE).

The purchase was placed on hold, and subsequently approved a few minutes later, but apparently this was enough for PWE to flag my account and automatically ban me electronically.

With that said, I've been trying to reach PWE since yesterday via email and phone. It actually took me a good amount of time to find the alleged customer service/billing support phone number(s) (Really its just one because the corporate number redirects you to the billing number).

I've called upwards of 20+ times today already today, sent numerous emails, website tickets, etc and I have come to the conclusion that unless this issue can be resolved in a timely fashion I'm going to be left with no other recourse but to do a chargeback.

All I want is to play the game, receive the product I ordered, and potentially buy more products in the future.

Has anyone ever successfully reached a human in the customer service/billing department? I really do not want to waste my time dialing the number hundreds of times if its just a fake department.

Here you go, than ppl think all my hate towards PWE has no fundamental reason...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Relax, and don't spam the customer service. One ticket is enough. Use the "support" page, since it's the only tool that works. It takes up to 5 days to get an answer, be patient and take a break in the meantime.

I'm not here in this thread asking people "how should I respond to getting screwed by the system". I'm asking people if anyone has ever reached a live customer service or billing representative or if I should stop trying to do so.

It is not an acceptable business practice to me to sell a product, immediately restrict the use of that product for an indeterminate amount of time, and provide no real recourse to getting the issue fixed.
  • wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I'm not here in this thread asking people "how should I respond to getting screwed by the system". I'm asking people if anyone has ever reached a live customer service or billing representative or if I should stop trying to do so.

It is not an acceptable business practice to me to sell a product, immediately restrict the use of that product for an indeterminate amount of time, and provide no real recourse to getting the issue fixed.

this sounds like a raw deal, mate. i've never had to call them myself. but i'd be pretty put out if i were you as well. i hope it's resolved quickly enough!
  • rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the same problem with my payment not going through. Moneylenders bills out of the UK and I'm in America so my bank decided to not approve the payment. I called them and worked it out and then had to wait like another 24 hours before I could finally buy the founder's pack. But Cryptic/ Perfect World never took any action against my account.

I bet most people with American banks have trouble with the payment going through, it wouldn't make sense to ban all these people. I wonder why they are making this horrible decision. To be fair though, the customer service is probably flooded with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> emails right now. I mean have you heard some people talk about some of the things they have emailed customer service about? Hopefully they get your problem resolved, please let us know what happens for when this inevitably happens to one of us.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't blame you i just told you how it works. Yes it worked for me earlier and yes it took several days. If you think i'm trolling you because you don't agree with the facts i tell you then you should REALLY take a break. I'm not saying it's normal or fair, i don't care, i'm just telling you how it works, period.

And yes the only way to reach someone is via the support page. It takes 3 to 5 days usually.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    Here you go, than ppl think all my hate towards PWE has no fundamental reason...

Why continue to post on a forum for something you clearly hate? Dimwit
    edited May 2013
    wakerglass wrote: »
    this sounds like a raw deal, mate. i've never had to call them myself. but i'd be pretty put out if i were you as well. i hope it's resolved quickly enough!

I appreciate the support. I have nothing against PWE. I simply want to use the product I purchased. As soon as this is resolved I will move forward and continue my gameplay experience with nothing held against them. But if I get screwed I'll simply chargeback with my bank and use my money elsewhere and advise anyone I know to do the same.
    edited May 2013
    rekia3 wrote: »
    I had the same problem with my payment not going through. Moneylenders bills out of the UK and I'm in America so my bank decided to not approve the payment. I called them and worked it out and then had to wait like another 24 hours before I could finally buy the founder's pack. But Cryptic/ Perfect World never took any action against my account.

I bet most people with American banks have trouble with the payment going through, it wouldn't make sense to ban all these people. I wonder why they are making this horrible decision. To be fair though, the customer service is probably flooded with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> emails right now. I mean have you heard some people talk about some of the things they have emailed customer service about? Hopefully they get your problem resolved, please let us know what happens for when this inevitably happens to one of us.

The moneylenders situation makes sense (its international). I've had to deal with similar when I purchased SimCity. I'm not doubting that they get tons of silly emails. I simply want to know if there is a REAL LIFE customer service or billing department. No matter how many times I've called I get the same fake loop "All of our reps are busy, please hang up and call again" type message.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As if PWE would be interested in sorting out a customers issues. I've heard of people trying to ring that number for days on end with no answer, I really wouldn't be surprised if its a dead line or an empty office. This shows how much they care about customer service.
  • synlynnsynlynn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »

Are you kidding me? I mean I understand having patience and all that but 5 days? I am sure you would not exhibit that "zen-like" patience when all the OP did was give the company what it wants: money. If they truly value their customers then the old business model of speed, quality and accuracy comes into play. This electronic ban system makes it sound like the company is responding in a cost-efficient way but need to at least maintain a skeleton crew to at least address issues such as these. The whole paypal flagging the payment because it was to PWE not only speaks of a problematic past but justifies that they have in no way did anything to change that past. As a paying customer the OP has the right to question services rendered and if nobody responds has a right to question if there even is a sentient customer service department. This is open beta...you cannot set your game on auto-pilot at this critical stage.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You probably have a few 1000 other banned players in line ahead of you waiting for CS to reply.

Use the CSSupport page, file a ticket, and enjoy a weekend outside, and when you get to play again, if something seems too good to be true, avoid it.
    edited May 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    As if PWE would be interested in sorting out a customers issues. I've heard of people trying to ring that number for days on end with no answer, I really wouldn't be surprised if its a dead line or an empty office. This shows how much they care about customer service.

I would hope that a company concerned with making money would respond to customer issues related to making money. If not, they should prioritize how they respond to issues/complaints. Issues that impact their bottom-line like purchases that were made and not received, or resulted in accounts getting banned will cause them to lose a current purchase, and future income from myself (and possibly others in my network). Any company worth its salt prioritizes responding to similarly situated customers as myself. I don't really care if someone else is complaining and emailing them their opinions on game balance and don't get a response.
  • jus10jus10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They put your account on suspension so to say when you charge back your money or put holds on it. My pass experiences with Perfect World make me dispise them. But I like Cryptic. Only way to support the folks at Cryptic are through Perfect World. Anyways. My friends bank did same thing and he was banned till it was resolved. He submitted a ticket yesterday and they got back to him by Un banning his account and an automated email.

I had troubles with zen not showing up. I can rightfully say their phone line is a sham. It just doesn't exist. But just be patient send in one level headed ticket and wait. They will fix it . Their communication just sucks. A lot.
  • anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gruntpyre, like you, I cant help wonder if a customer service staff even exists. I myself sent in a letter to customer service, and got a reply. However, it was obvious they didnt even read the letter. The response was an automated response for an irrelevant topic, and then the case labeled “solved”. It seems that no human is reading these letters.

Like you, I have to ask, has anyone spoken to - or even received a response from, a living human from customer service?
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    You probably have a few 1000 other banned players in line ahead of you waiting for CS to reply.

Use the CSSupport page, file a ticket, and enjoy a weekend outside, and when you get to play again, if something seems too good to be true, avoid it.

Listen. I'm trying to be civil and logical here. I don't need lifestyle tip advice from people. The basic premise of my post was that I was playing the game, decided to take a break and enjoy some time outside of the game. The product I purchased was not delivered and my account was banned afterwards.

Today is Thursday. Your weekend comment is not only irrelevant to me as well, but not timely. Unless you are conceding they won't even respond before the weekend.

Average customer service doesn't seem "too good to be true". Its what I expect as a consumer for any product, whether it be in real life or online. I'm not asking for exceptional customer service. I'm asking for average customer service. And I'm asking whether anyone ever has EVER spoken with a PWE live representative.

I appreciate your post if you are trying to calm me down, but its not necessary.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Hahahaha so they ban your account because they had trouble processing a payment and then hang up on your phone calls? Classic.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately this is something that's paypals fault actually. I've seen it in multiple other games. They put a hold on a transaction and the companies have no choice but to ban an account to keep people from stealing accounts using paypal. If it were up to me I'd say never use paypal for online gaming ever again.

I used my account card from the bank even tho it was an international purchase, I still got it to go thru. There was a call from my bank asking me if i had done the transaction, maybe paypal can actually learn from my bank so other people won't have this problem.

I've seen this happen in AoC, WoW, D3, GW2, the same exact thing every time. Paypal is garbage.

Just do a chargeback get a prepaid visa and pay for it that way it will save you alot of time.
    edited May 2013
    jus10 wrote: »
    They put your account on suspension so to say when you charge back your money or put holds on it. My pass experiences with Perfect World make me dispise them. But I like Cryptic. Only way to support the folks at Cryptic are through Perfect World. Anyways. My friends bank did same thing and he was banned till it was resolved. He submitted a ticket yesterday and they got back to him by Un banning his account and an automated email.

I had troubles with zen not showing up. I can rightfully say their phone line is a sham. It just doesn't exist. But just be patient send in one level headed ticket and wait. They will fix it . Their communication just sucks. A lot.

I understand why it happened. Its because Paypal reviews suspect transactions. I'm certain they review transactions from accounts to Perfect World Entertainment because of the history of people hacking paypal/PWE accounts. The problem I have is that the purchase had a temporary hold, was almost automatically resolved from hold and labeled as complete, and the purchase went through. I have paid for the purchase. It is done.

The only holdup is on the part of the seller (PWE).

Just like you, I absolutely love Cryptic. I have nothing against PWE, I'm actually unfamiliar with their overall practices in other games. City of Heroes was one of my favorite games ever.

One of the reasons I'm posting this entire thing isn't because I'm lacking in patience. That's debatable, but I've waited on things before. I have several novels to read. I'm playing with my dogs today while off work. Chores that are being done etc.

I just think its helpful for myself to have a visible issue that can hopefully be resolved by an appropriate party escalating the ticket, and also, helping others who are in a similar situation or will be in the future, get some kind of answer as to what the appropriate thing to do is, and whether it is worth the time attempting to call billing/customer service.

I'm playing a Guardian after all ;) (or at least I would be right now haha).
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »
    Hahahaha so they ban your account because they had trouble processing a payment and then hang up on your phone calls? Classic.

Their default message, when you can do a quest to find the number itself (using your real life dungeoneering secret door discovery technique), is that all representatives are busy and you should call back later.
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately this is something that's paypals fault actually. I've seen it in multiple other games. They put a hold on a transaction and the companies have no choice but to ban an account to keep people from stealing accounts using paypal. If it were up to me I'd say never use paypal for online gaming ever again.

I used my account card from the bank even tho it was an international purchase, I still got it to go thru. There was a call from my bank asking me if i had done the transaction, maybe paypal can actually learn from my bank so other people won't have this problem.

I've seen this happen in AoC, WoW, D3, GW2, the same exact thing every time. Paypal is garbage.

Just do a chargeback get a prepaid visa and pay for it that way it will save you alot of time.

Again, I don't blame PWE for suspending accounts with the paypal hold process. It's understandable. What I take issue with is being advised to submit a ticket, not receiving a timely response, being told a customer service/billing phone number exists, and being unable to reach anyone for 2 consecutive days during business hours.
This discussion has been closed.