test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1 hour 20 minute pve queues

watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
yup enough said. been lvl 60 for a few days now and cant find a group for any of the 5700 gs dungeons. ill take a break for awhile and see if the queues are fixed in a few weeks. but for now im tired of logging in to just stand around.
completed every yellow quest. could do the foundry but pointless since the drops are nowhere near as good as dungeons and farming gold is useless. not saying ive ran out of things to do but as far as the fighting goes only option has been pvp but matchmaking will put a 6000gs in with a 9000 gs and say have fun :) and its very odd that pvp queues up almost instant but pve can take anywhere from as little as 10 minutes to 2 hours....
Post edited by watchyourback on

Comments

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup enough said. been lvl 60 for a few days now and cant find a group for any of the 5700 gs dungeons. ill take a break for awhile and see if the queues are fixed in a few weeks. but for now im tired of logging in to just stand around.
    completed every yellow quest. could do the foundry but pointless since the drops are nowhere near as good as dungeons and farming gold is useless. not saying ive ran out of things to do but as far as the fighting goes only option has been pvp but matchmaking will put a 6000gs in with a 9000 gs and say have fun :) and its very odd that pvp queues up almost instant but pve can take anywhere from as little as 10 minutes to 2 hours....

queue during dungeon delves. otherwise do something else.

yes it's disgusting. a lot of the erason being that the 6800 dungeons are punishingly hard and not puggable unless you win the lottery and get the perfect group makeup class wise.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    The game has been out for a week. Give it more time.
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Give it more time for player levels to drop? This game is at OB launch with a fair amount of hype, active player numbers are probably not going to get better. Waiting this long for a que is a joke and I'm only level 49, been qued for a skirmish for almost an hour, dungeons taking an hour plus to pop. It's really pathetic this is as a healer too.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Which makes it even stranger that low level skirmish queues usually take about 10 minutes during the bonus hour. Do they have a limited number of skirmish instances?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah i love the game and all but it is ridiculous. and yes everytime dungeon delves is up i queue for sure. queue times for that are around 10 minutes still but is alot faster when its not DD

i dont think its a problem with population. we had a group of 4 queue up and it still took 15 minutes before we got in. so does that mean nobody doing dungeons at that lvl??? i highly doubt that. maybe its something to do with the matchmaking side of it or whatever.
  • Options
    jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I queued for almost 3 hours for a dungeon before I out leveled the dungeon (Lair of the Mad Dragon).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jakula1 wrote: »
    I queued for almost 3 hours for a dungeon before I out leveled the dungeon (Lair of the Mad Dragon).

dont get me started on out lvling lol. i only got to do the very first dungeon( cant remember name of it) before i started out lvling them just from completing the yellow quest line. every time id finish an area i was 2 lvls past the requirement. and now that im 60 i cant complete those red quest anymore until i do the epic versions maybe...not sure
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Spent about 2 hours qued for a skirmish, eventually out-leveled and got taken out of que. This cannot be a population issue, sort your ****ty code out.
  • Options
    celene78celene78 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadly found that its easier to ask in zone chat for party than to queue, think this might have to due with the fact many still are unfamiliar with stuff lol. but ya new game, so give it some time tbh. not many are 60 yet:)
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW has been out (more or less) for only a week. The average player isn't level 60.

The average player is more like 20, maybe.

This is why you shouldn't charge to level 60 when a MMO first comes out.
  • Options
    jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    NW has been out (more or less) for only a week. The average player isn't level 60.

True.

However something has to be wrong with the queues because the issue happens even for lower level dungeons.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Try reading the thread, I'm not 60. It's not like it's just an issue at max level. I've been having issues since like 30.
  • Options
    kayl72kayl72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont get me started on out lvling lol. i only got to do the very first dungeon( cant remember name of it) before i started out lvling them just from completing the yellow quest line. every time id finish an area i was 2 lvls past the requirement. and now that im 60 i cant complete those red quest anymore until i do the epic versions maybe...not sure

Outleveling dungeons is soooo frusterating. I wish they would let us que for anything we are high enough level to enter. Heck even with a team all overleveld of Liar of the Mad Dragon that we formed from chat, we werent able to kill the last boss. Skrimishes included. Early 40s its impossible to do the skrimish daily, since Pugs cannot kill that stupid dragon that summons the healers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

so please explain to me then how lvl 60 pvp queues are almost instant if there are so few. and i hardly ever see the same people in any of the pvp matches i do. queues for pvp have been terrible since the first time you attempt to que

btw there are over 40 lvl 60's in our guild atm and i know we are not the only guild like that so there are hundreds upon hundreds of lvl 60's in game but nobody doing ANY pve ques? lol i think not. it completly server sided and needs to be addressed
  • Options
    juzzzzzzjuzzzzzz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its mostly because it is too easy to get the items during dungeon event so it makes it almost worthless to run dungeon outside the event.

And second reason that the "matchmaker" results usually in bad group composition so people rather make their own groups or run with their friends/guild mates.

I'd guess situation is better for GWF or cleric and worst for CW/TR because theres most of those classes.
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

This is the truth, and something you all just either have to accept, or quit. Just make the call and stop whining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 lvls in a week? Exploit much!?!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    kayl72 wrote: »
    Outleveling dungeons is soooo frusterating. I wish they would let us que for anything we are high enough level to enter. Heck even with a team all overleveld of Liar of the Mad Dragon that we formed from chat, we werent able to kill the last boss. Skrimishes included. Early 40s its impossible to do the skrimish daily, since Pugs cannot kill that stupid dragon that summons the healers.

I agree.... they should let anyone of any level queue for any dungeon. However to prevent cheezing.. players who is higher than the recommended level would have their level and stats scaled back.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want instant Queue pops - be a GF

I never have to wait more than 30sec for a queue.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree.... they should let anyone of any level queue for any dungeon.

You can.. you just have to make your own party and walk to the dungeon.

Though I do agree I out leveled almost all my dungeon quests in the story line. I have said it in the past and will say it again... exp/glory etc is WAY to fast in this game. They could savely 1/2 it and be good. Though if they did the QQ WoW kiddies would cry all day and all night.
  • Options
    tacowizardtacowizard Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get nearly instant queues on my GF. The queue system isn't broken, you are just playing the same role (DPS) as 90% of the players.

If you want fast queues then roll a tank or healer. It's the same with most MMO's.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    60 lvls in a week? Exploit much!?!
    Hitting 60 in a week is nothing. I read all the lore, did all the quests, etc and easily hit 60 in a week (I play a LOT!).

Now the folks that exploited Foundry... they got to 60 in 2-4 hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My next character would be a cleric.
  • Options
    mannerothemannerothe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »

This is EXACTLY the problem. I've tried a healer, then a mage. And lastly a guard. LONG wait times for the first two. When I wait 30 seconds with my GF, I'm surprised. Seriously. The issue is lack of tanks.

And to the guy that said 'why does pvp pop up so quickly?' You need ANYone, and you don't need a tank! It's mostly rogues anyway, which level fast.

I've already given up tanking, too. Hate it. There's no control. And the bosses spawn so many adds, I have no hope of controlling. I can't imagine why a tank with any experience of controlling the battle field will want to play a tank here.... So I see this as a problem that will continue to happen. Tanks will be exceedingly rare, and queues will be exceedingly long because of that.
  • Options
    bsethbseth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From 20-50 I've had less than 10 minutes in queue once. Spending 3x~30 minutes in queue to get the godawful 'complete-the-skirmish-thrice-durrrrrrr' daily done before finally saying flipflopflippityflop this fecal matter and moving on to the next questchain is atrocious design/coding/whatever.

edit: Lack of GF's huh... maybe I should roll one.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it's not the queue system that's at fault? Maybe people are doing static groups instead of trying to pug them? Not like the system couldn't be broken, but I know it's easier on all involved if you've got a group of people that you've gamed with and run static groups. What I can't understand, frankly, is being in a guild with at least 40 people at 60 and being unable to get a group? Is it because they're not online, banned for exploits, they've played with you? I mean, if I was in a guild with 40 people in my level range, the last thing I'd be worried about is queue times.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My next character would be a cleric.

GL with that I've had 2 hour ques on mine.
  • Options
    exhozxexhozx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Play a DPS oriented guardian, get instant queue, top dps meter, profit.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hitting 60 in a week is nothing. I read all the lore, did all the quests, etc and easily hit 60 in a week (I play a LOT!).

Now the folks that exploited Foundry... they got to 60 in 2-4 hours.
    took me years to make a 20th/20th Fighter/Druid...leveling is to fast if it is happening in only a week.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That can't be it. We spent 10 minutes in a level 25 skirmish queue as GF, TR and CW group during the bonus hour.

Queues certainly don't show it.