test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Positive Comments!

maraliusmaralius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been browsing these forums for a bit now just looking at all of the doom and gloom. Some founded, some not. But hey that's what the other posts are all about. So how about we start a counter-thread. If you are actually having fun with this game, or have something nice to say, let's hear some of that.

Yeah I know...lots of people will say that those who are having fun are playing the game. And that's true. But if you stop on by the forums and you see this thread and figure you are having a good time, let's hear it!

Me personally, I'm having a load of fun. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones, but I got my Founder's stuff after filing a ticket and receiving an email within 12 hours telling me to apply it to my account. And I purchased ZEN without any real problems. More importantly the game itself is amazing. I'm a huge fan of D&D, have been since AD&D way back when. And I can honestly say I love how they made the wizard feel...well...wizardy. Same goes for the flavor of the cleric and the guardian fighter. I think the whole mark system from 4E was put in quite well.

Graphics are amazing in this game. I love walking around Neverdead Graveyard admiring the place, and some of the foundry missions (Cragsteep Crypts comes to mind) are just amazingly beautiful and well done. Soloing foundry missions I had no problems with drops or EXP after the patch, but then again maybe I'm just easy to please. :)

Let us know if you're having a good time out there!

INB4 fake Cryptic / PW account trying to raise morale.

TL;DR - If you're happy and you know it post a reply.
Post edited by maralius on

Comments

• Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am happy I have not spent a dime.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the nice feedback! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks for the nice feedback! :)

Maybe commenting on the players not getting what they paid for would help.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Maybe commenting on the players not getting what they paid for would help.

Wrong thread brah

On topic: Enjoy the game immensely!
  • Options
    ricecake5ricecake5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having a fun and fantastic time :3
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm really happy with the game. I've been trying to find a replacement for WoW for the longest time, and it wasn't until Neverwinter that I think I finally found the game to make it happen!

Cause in many other F2P (or even certain subscription based) MMOs, I'll keep playing the game and all of a sudden, something will bother me about the game. Like one game doesn't have mounts, other game blocks too much game content by forcing me to pay up, some have ugly armor sets, others have ugly graphics and/or character animations, some have too much story, others have a terrible GUI.

But Neverwinter? I have yet to find anything really big to complain about.

It has mounts and they look AWESOME!!! Bought the 3000 Zen Wolf Mount! I can't stop spamming my spacebar key to hear and watch it get mad as if it was ripping someone appart! :D

So far Cryptic doesn't seem to block any game content by forcing us to pay money! They make us pay money at the right places and I like that!

My Halfling Rogue's armor is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! OMG she looks so awesome in her Level 25ish set!

Graphics are spectacular and very new! But best of all, the animations! Everything in this game feels so fluid and well animated! They don't move around like a robot!

The GUI is awesome too! Everything is customizable!

All in all, this is the best F2P MMORPG and possibly best MMORPG I've played in a very long time!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too !!!!!
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maralius, greetings and well met.

What level are you currently? This may have some bearing on my eventual reply. :)
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Really enjoying the combat and the atmosphere.I put more money into this already than I did in Guild Wars 2 since launch.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adore the game, on my way to second lvl 60 character. Never exploited quest-sharing or foundry, nor pumped mad $$ into crafting, sooo yeah almsot second level 60 through legit means.

Waiting for frineds to reach 60 so we can run T2s.

Love the game, +10000 from me, can't wait for more Forgotten Realms cities/areas to be added :)
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ALot of balancing needed and adding content will need to be a big part. But till now i have been greatly enjoying the game and spend many many hours in it already. Love the quick combat and PvP has a bright future if they are really going to add more gamemodes/maps.
    Till now im loving it.
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I got to kill a half man half spider! its all good!
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice game, nice staff, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> community
    :)
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psych0zer wrote: »
    nice game, nice staff, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> community

QFT

/10char

LoL is worse though
  • Options
    stahan1stahan1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love that a mod replied when this page is barely out of page 1 but won't respond until a complaint thread is more than 50 pages in.

Get your head out of your asses and actually listen to your CUSTOMERS
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few things I have enjoyed about this game:

Voiced Quest Lines - it is amazing what value add this adds in creating a engaging adventure
    Dungeons - putting my GF complaints aside it is really nice to be able to do a good ole dungeon run again. I like how you started them out very easy and get progressively harder. I look forward to the next adventure.
    Foundry - I have very limited experience with these, but I am looking forward to seeing what the community has to offer and strongly believe that this is going to set a new standard for MMO in the future.
    PvP - I am a PvPer at heart and the action based combat make this a lot of fun. I do wish there were more scenarios... only having 1 (2 different maps) is very limited. I am afraid this part of the game may get old fast.
    Combat - action based targeted combat is amazing... tab targeting now seems so old school after using this targeting system. The blocking mechanic is different and a nice action based tanky ability. TAB marking... not a fan
    Zen Market - I agree with most that the prices are a bit excessive on some items (BAGS). Prices aside i like the offerings on the market and wish there were more options - armor and costumes skins, cleric companions(hint), more bag options...
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stahan1 wrote: »
    I love that a mod replied when this page is barely out of page 1 but won't respond until a complaint thread is more than 50 pages in.

Get your head out of your asses and actually listen to your CUSTOMERS
    I appreciate you pointing out a very often overlooked issue. :)
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been playing a DC for a few days now, have to say I'm enjoying it so far (level 17 now). It's not perfect, but not bad for a F2P game. May even drop a few dollars for it once it goes "officially" live.

(One thing I like about being a healer in this game - it's way more than just "watch health bars, hit heal button when health bars get low".)
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maralius wrote: »
    I've been browsing these forums for a bit now just looking at all of the doom and gloom. Some founded, some not. But hey that's what the other posts are all about. So how about we start a counter-thread. If you are actually having fun with this game, or have something nice to say, let's hear some of that.

Well, it's always the same on any game forum, isn't it? The squeaky wheels always make the most noise. I doubt anyone with any experience with game forums will read too much into the negativity.

It's a good game, with pretty good graphics. There is way too much clipping on the character models for my taste, but hopefully that is on the 'to be fixed' menu. The best feature of the game will be the Foundry, which will provide a stream of user generated content, and allows for RP guilds to make their own stories.

It's an excellent game they will provide me plenty return of enjoyment for each dollar I invest in it.
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    I killed pigs in a player created dungeon.Where else can you find such entertainment other than an Abattoir?
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complaining about the things you don't like doesn't mean you are not likeing the game. I am loving the game, and still complain about it's flaws.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am positive that people who want to support a product are much better off doing so by attempting to get its problems fixed than pretending they don't exist.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just finished uninstalling the game. ZEN prices way to high compared to other PWE games, mail system broke, deleting diamonds from mail, 10 bucks for a bag..no thanks.

Can you have my stuff? No, I did not have any, prices were to high on the garbage in the store. If they were at a normal level I would have spent thousands here like I have in STO because I would be getting value for my money.

The more people like me that leave, the less profit and income this company will have for development of future content.

Peace
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    unionbaronunionbaron Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im surprised, i never expected it to be so good! I thought it was just a game for us "Neverwinter" nerds!
    The game is awesome but the payment methods are for me a bit of a backlash...
    After playing a day I thought i might get the Hero of the north pack to support the game, only to find that as a EU customer I need to pay 50$ more... So that was a major no no for me!
    And the ingame payment conversions i dont like, im willing to pay a lot for a game i like, but it has to be a fair price!

Dont ruin a brilliant game by your methods of getting payback then this game is ruined in a short while! It's not 1994 longer the competition is getting harder, make som wise choices and you have devoted supporters!

Cheers!
  • Options
    baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Theres lots of good things in nw. Foundry is fantastic (even with temporary nerfs), pvp is a bit imbalanced but its playable at 60 as long as you dont use pugs for it. The world as a whole looks really nice and you can see how much time was spent crafting even smallest parts of it :)

Just foundry alone, if done right could keep this game running for years to come, even with minimal amount of cryptic created content. Theres literally potential for endless leveling paths via foundry, lets just hope exploiters dont take that away completely :/

With all that said, the game is not without its faults. Most complains are about cash shop/end game AD prices, pvp imbalances and dungeon bosses design, etc and they are all valid complaints imo. Lets just wait and see if and how cryptic reacts to those complaints but with foundry alone they really have solid building blocks for years to come, lets just hope they dont ignore other things because of it.
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy this game immensely.

Yes, there are some things I dislike, but the good far outweigh the bad imho. As far as the zen prices go, I agree, they are less than satisfactory, but I try to take into consideration that if this was a p2p game they would be getting this money regardless(and I would, provided some content expanses and minor tweaks, p2p.) At least this way you have the choice as to how MUCH you give them. This game is P2advancefaster/P2Cosmetic, but certainly not P2W. And that is the only kind of F2P game I will ever support.

Thank you for this open beta PW. Overall. I support you thus far.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game is freaking awesome! I can't believe it is F2P!
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pros:
    - Combat feels satisfying. I wasn't fond of animation locks at first but sending an orc flying from the force of your hit feels great.
    - It's D&D and Forgotten Realms. Less open than I had hoped though.
    - Foundry really has a potential but because of the possibility of exploit maps the rewards are quite horrible.
    - Zones look really nice even if they are a 'bit' cramped. I guess we won't get to ride over grassy meadows.
  • Options
    vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I am quite pleased that I can hustle Zen for AD. First f2p I've been on where you can buy the currency without spending actual cash. Props to them, and to my two new char slots I got hustling AD last night.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say this game have its flaw like all game, you like it or you don't. Me i do like it, i won't stop playing soon, hopefully we get new class and race soon ! :)
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision