test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What level is your crafting?

bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey, I just wanted to see how everyone was coming along with their crafting skills. I am still working on reaching level 20 in leadership for an extra slot.. then the wonderful brick wall of leveling 2 more to 20 for another slot.

Is leveling the other non-leadership professions quicker? I see people already making the level 20 stuff for multiple crafting professions, and it seems you can Q up more tasks for tailoring, blacksmith, etc EXP then you can with leadership.

Thoughts? Suggestions! :D

*on a side note: Dev's please make a crafting experience booster. Something like the one that you gave the founders that just give bonus exp for experience earned. Pwease?*
Post edited by bellaralodun on

Comments

• Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can ? How do I q up more ?
    I got leader ship to 13 ..and its like a zillion points to 14 :(
  • Options
    gishankgishank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I've seen Leadership is the easiest to level, time wise all the professions seem roughly hte same, just the others are chipsinks.
    69ngc6.png
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am level 14 leadership now I believe. It took me a while yesterday to move "
    " literally that much in my leveling bar. I cannot imagine how long it will take me to get to 20, but I still stay on top of it, Q for higher experience yielding missions. I just cannot wait to hit 20 crafting ... on something :D
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'll find out that Leadership has the longest time frame for leveling. The other professions will be much faster.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Jetah, I believe you are right. It just seems to take forever, however I am sticking with it till the end because those rare level 20 quests look so tempting to Q for.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm finding that just by playing the normal quest lines (no grinding or pl) I'm leveling faster than my crafting can keep up. The stuff I can make is several levels below my character level. Probably because I only do crafting when I play the game, I'm not using the gateway.
  • Options
    apsixsixapsixsix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gishank wrote: »
    From what I've seen Leadership is the easiest to level, time wise all the professions seem roughly hte same, just the others are chipsinks.

well, im actually lvl 11 in platesmithing and 39 ingame. there's only 2 crafts that can be usefull as a def warrior, coz they replace your basic shirt and trousers with better tanking stats.

Anyway loots are far better from crafts at my level, and they have always been.
    Furthermore if you wanna craft some blue stuff, you got to have assets (so ZEN purchasing or LOT LOT of AD at courthouse), which i don't have.

Ill keep on training anyways, just want to check if platesmith crafting is just cosmetic or a real investment of time!
    ++
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yea I am personally addicted to those leadership professions packs. I am so ready to hit the turn 4 adventures into a hero (I have so many now from various booster packs, that I throw a merc. into the Q sometimes to let the little guy get some action too)
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm been doing Mailsmithing and Leadership both since Leadership can get get me the oddball astral diamond or chest resource rares that I might need to either upgrade my assets with something from the AH or to craft a rare recipe.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think my Mailsmith is at 7, leadership is 5, all others are 3. I'll have 4 workers for my Mailsmithing, as well as my second in leadership in a few hours, which will speed things up a bit as far as basic leveling. I can't play this weekend, so I'll just make a ton of various workers through the gate way, to get them out of the way. They take so dang long...
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mailsmith 15
    Leadership 11

Rest are 0
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

• Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I am level 14 leadership now I believe. It took me a while yesterday to move "
    " literally that much in my leveling bar. I cannot imagine how long it will take me to get to 20, but I still stay on top of it, Q for higher experience yielding missions. I just cannot wait to hit 20 crafting ... on something :D

Wow nice. I am still at leadership 10, and that is the only thing I am working on. It takes SOOOOO LOOOONG.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone have max leadership yet?
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Watch how long the task take and how much Proffessional exp it gives. Some of the lower level tasks are shorter and give more PEXP than the higher or rare ones. The tasks are balanced by the other rewards not being very good.
  • Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I've been doing Mailsmithing & Leadership as well. The gear crafting is pretty broken... average drops are way better than anything you can craft.

Does crafting allow a better looking skin though? Every piece I get seems to look the same (or very close) on my Cleric. I'm a level 25.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vegas6614 wrote: »
    I've been doing Mailsmithing & Leadership as well. The gear crafting is pretty broken... average drops are way better than anything you can craft.

Does crafting allow a better looking skin though? Every piece I get seems to look the same (or very close) on my Cleric. I'm a level 25.

Problem with crafting is the lag behind your adventure level. I am wearing 2 blue pieces I crafted though, so I'm happy with that. As far as skins, yes, I know my gauntlets and boots both look a little different (blue items). Although, there are actual differences in normal green armors. My shoulder and hip plates change as well as very subtle chest changes with the various versions of scale armor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Problem with crafting is the lag behind your adventure level. I am wearing 2 blue pieces I crafted though, so I'm happy with that. As far as skins, yes, I know my gauntlets and boots both look a little different (blue items). Although, there are actual differences in normal green armors. My shoulder and hip plates change as well as very subtle chest changes with the various versions of scale armor.

Thanks muz. I agree on the gear crafting lagging behind the level and that's pretty nuts. It sounds like the skin changes are very slight, so I'll have to watch a bit closer.

Oh, and if you check this thread again... can you make the blues w/o cash shop items?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks muz. I agree on the gear crafting lagging behind the level and that's pretty nuts. It sounds like the skin changes are very slight, so I'll have to watch a bit closer.

Oh, and if you check this thread again... can you make the blues w/o cash shop items?

Absolutely. I have yet to spend a single AD or purchase Zen. (I'll need to later for some profession items I believe). I found that when the "Profession" event is going (check next to mini map) that I get more rare components from the profession nodes. I always drop everything and farm those at that time. Plus you can get a ton of runes which is nice.
  • Options
    juzzzzzzjuzzzzzz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone else noticed that rare leadership quests are worse than same level "normal" quests. I mean like completely worthless. 8 hour quest giving same xp as 1h quest.

And yes the leveling is way too slow to craft anything usefull. I hit L60 by normal leveling and I could craft L25-30 items or something. Very usefull... not.

And by all means I don't mean you should be able to max it in day or two. But I think it should level up faster early on and then slow down on last levels. So you could at least maybe craft something usefull while leveling your toon.
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just hit 8th or so on mailsmithing on my cleric, and 6-7 in leadership on all my other chars. There seems to be a MASSIVE "pause" when you have to upgrade your workers, though -- hopefully there's a way to simply recruit the higher tier ones once you unlock them or something, because otherwise I don't want to think about the sheer amount of pointless "click and wait" time...

To get the highest tier worker (tier-4) requires 64 tier-1's converted into 16 tier-2's converted into 4 tier-3's converted into one tier-4.

Please tell me I don't have to do that for each tier-4 guy I need...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Absolutely. I have yet to spend a single AD or purchase Zen. (I'll need to later for some profession items I believe). I found that when the "Profession" event is going (check next to mini map) that I get more rare components from the profession nodes. I always drop everything and farm those at that time. Plus you can get a ton of runes which is nice.

Thanks for the quick response. I've noticed the profession event pop. When you say 'profession nodes' are you talking about when you send your minions to gather materials or make components?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    I just hit 8th or so on mailsmithing on my cleric, and 6-7 in leadership on all my other chars. There seems to be a MASSIVE "pause" when you have to upgrade your workers, though -- hopefully there's a way to simply recruit the higher tier ones once you unlock them or something, because otherwise I don't want to think about the sheer amount of pointless "click and wait" time...

To get the highest tier worker (tier-4) requires 64 tier-1's converted into 16 tier-2's converted into 4 tier-3's converted into one tier-4.

Please tell me I don't have to do that for each tier-4 guy I need...

We have Tier 1 - Tier 3. You need 16 Tier 1 to upgrade to a Tier 3. However, you can level all of the crafts with Tier 1 Assets (people).

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the quick response. I've noticed the profession event pop. When you say 'profession nodes' are you talking about when you send your minions to gather materials or make components?

Nah, the various skill nodes on the map & in dungeons. The things you need skill kits to harvest.

----

I've got a couple guys at leader 8, and the other four at 5-7. I've been thinking that I'll get them to 10, and then put one guy on each of the other crafts. But maybe I'll just keep doing Protect Caravan for the 200 AD (x6 characters, x3+ slots) every two hours.

...I just wish there were more ways to get assets. I've got one blue Mailsmith and one green sword, from the profession pack I got in the graveyard quests on two of my characters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just saved the AD to purchase the Blue Assets from the AH.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Nah, the various skill nodes on the map & in dungeons. The things you need skill kits to harvest.

^^^This. A always buy a stack of each skill kit, and go looking for node. (You can go to lower level areas and still get a ton of resources, without having to fight mobs...runes are lower level, but /shrug)
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    We have Tier 1 - Tier 3. You need 16 Tier 1 to upgrade to a Tier 3. However, you can level all of the crafts with Tier 1 Assets (people).

There's a tier-4, as well, at 18th level I believe. And yes, you can level them with low-level folks, but you can't create any of the high-tier gear, mine high-tier materials, etc, without a high-tier crafter minion.

So to get that tier-4 is 64-16-4-1. Hopefully a higher-tier crafter can also double for a lower, so you could actually gather tier-1 through 3 materials with a tier-4. If it's a purely binary "must have X to do Y task" thing, that forces people to keep all levels of crafter minions around.
  • Options
    scottvinscottvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leadership 14
    leatherworking 12
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Platesmithing 3 or something. I just don't get it. Why does it need to be like 8 hours of REAL time to do some things. Why can't you just craft it instantly.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 8 leadership, level 15 almost 16 tailor. Tailor goes fast pretty much, gather fabric, once you get a bunch, mass weave fabric, repeat.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The higher Rank common hires can do all the previous rank tasks, I'm just starting to wish they got at least a 5% speed increment for each Rank below the level you can make them for tasks.