test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What level is your crafting?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    The higher Rank common hires can do all the previous rank tasks, I'm just starting to wish they got at least a 5% speed increment for each Rank below the level you can make them for tasks.

I agree with you. Perhaps a +5% upgrade per guy.
  • Options
    wolfiswolfis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apologies I don't want to derail this thread, but I remember reading that Neverwinter was going to allow players to level professions 'offline' using some sort of web based portal. Does this exist I can't see to find it.

Thanks
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    19 leadership, 15 leather, 15 plate. I've seen someone with the title General so I assume there are people who have 20 leadership, no idea how because I've spent at least 5mil AD on leadership (doing the most efficient one) and only doing the 240 exp / run one when I'm too busy to click for hours.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    The higher Rank common hires can do all the previous rank tasks, I'm just starting to wish they got at least a 5% speed increment for each Rank below the level you can make them for tasks.

Yeah, found out they can do the lower-tier stuff during lunch today (just finished upgrading my guy). Still definitely not looking forward to the 2+ months worth of "click and wait" upgrading to get a tier-4 worker.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfis wrote: »
    Apologies I don't want to derail this thread, but I remember reading that Neverwinter was going to allow players to level professions 'offline' using some sort of web based portal. Does this exist I can't see to find it.

Thanks

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

:)
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    Yeah, found out they can do the lower-tier stuff during lunch today (just finished upgrading my guy). Still definitely not looking forward to the 2+ months worth of "click and wait" upgrading to get a tier-4 worker.

There is no tier-4.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    There is no tier-4.

There is, actually, though the tier-4 guys just give bonuses that the tier-3's don't have. They're not REQUIRED, but they still exist.

Regardless, 16 tier-1 -> 4 tier-2 -> 1 tier-3 is still excessive. Why not allow people to simply recruit better workers, rather than having to go through the tedium of "upgrading" an army of tier-1's? And the MASSIVE extra effort required to get a tier-4 is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I just wanted to see how everyone was coming along with their crafting skills. I am still working on reaching level 20 in leadership for an extra slot.. then the wonderful brick wall of leveling 2 more to 20 for another slot.

Is leveling the other non-leadership professions quicker? I see people already making the level 20 stuff for multiple crafting professions, and it seems you can Q up more tasks for tailoring, blacksmith, etc EXP then you can with leadership.

Thoughts? Suggestions! :D

*on a side note: Dev's please make a crafting experience booster. Something like the one that you gave the founders that just give bonus exp for experience earned. Pwease?*

Level 20-ish Mailsmith. I stopped leveling it though to play another character up as I have nothing else to do on the Cleric.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    There is, actually, though the tier-4 guys just give bonuses that the tier-3's don't have. They're not REQUIRED, but they still exist.

Regardless, 16 tier-1 -> 4 tier-2 -> 1 tier-3 is still excessive. Why not allow people to simply recruit better workers, rather than having to go through the tedium of "upgrading" an army of tier-1's? And the MASSIVE extra effort required to get a tier-4 is just ridiculous.

What is the name of the task to upgrade to a tier-4? Or what is the name of the tier-4 asset?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

I never even knew this existed...
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13 leadership

11 Plate

Platesmithing is much quicker leveling if you play it smart and don't waste materials.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Platesmithing 3 or something. I just don't get it. Why does it need to be like 8 hours of REAL time to do some things. Why can't you just craft it instantly.

Set that shizzle off when you go to bed.

Profit.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    Set that shizzle off when you go to bed.

Profit.

Except the profit is weak due to greed. 40 minutes worth of Iron Rings and Scales for 6 hours time, wow.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Except the profit is weak due to greed. 40 minutes worth of Iron Rings and Scales for 6 hours time, wow.

Of course there's a tradeoff to not having to punch a button every 10 minutes. It's not all rainbows and unicorns.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    19 leadership, 15 leather, 15 plate. I've seen someone with the title General so I assume there are people who have 20 leadership, no idea how because I've spent at least 5mil AD on leadership (doing the most efficient one) and only doing the 240 exp / run one when I'm too busy to click for hours.

thats insane... I have been pouring all the profits I can into leadership, and I am just about level 15 now. I cannot believe anyone is max level leadership...unless they spent hella moolahs.
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Tier 2 mail...this thread is not giving me hopes that it gets easier.
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    For those trying to get higher assets, I've created 4 other toons and leveled them to 30. Right now, they each have at least 3 prof slots. I just sit there and let them hire mercs, which I transfer to my main or my Lt. to grind up to the next level. Not nearly as tedius that way.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone make it to 20 in leadership yet? Interested to know if there are any nice things in the purple chest missions.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    quinnfalconquinnfalcon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    For those trying to get higher assets, I've created 4 other toons and leveled them to 30. Right now, they each have at least 3 prof slots. I just sit there and let them hire mercs, which I transfer to my main or my Lt. to grind up to the next level. Not nearly as tedius that way.

If you're aiming to upgrade them all up through into tier 4-5-6 assets I'm afraid you're out of luck. It's easy to miss but just like with the other assets, there's no upgrade from white -> green, you can only get green and higher crafters from profession packs it seems.