test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

all day servers down?

proyodaproyoda Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
first 1.5 hours,we can play for 25 minutes and again 3 hours downtime....great

Comments

• Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers were down for 1 hour maintenance, up for about 30 minutes then down now for an emergency 1 hour fix. Hardly all day. It happens.
  • Options
    ploppyblopploppyblop Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a three hour downtime now. Don't spread lies around.
  • Options
    desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »
    Servers were down for 1 hour maintenance, up for about 30 minutes then down now for an emergency 1 hour fix. Hardly all day. It happens.

Try 3 hours.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ploppyblop wrote: »
    It's a three hour downtime now. Don't spread lies around.

"Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 12s
    Emergency network maintenance in #Neverwinter. Expected to be around 2 hours, maybe more. Sorry for short notice!"

Where does it say 3? and where does it say 1?
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fix is expected to last two hours or more, according to Neverwinter on the facebook site. It is starting to get tiresome, but it's far better for them to yank them down and do what is needed rather than let them stay up and for problems to develop.
  • Options
    kraytor1kraytor1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Emergency network maintenance in #Neverwinter. Expected to be around 2 hours, maybe more. Sorry for short notice!"

servers down 9-12 right on patch man do the math that's 3 hrs
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    It seems they should test these builds before they push them to live.

That costs money.

Instead you can have thousands of wage free players test your build *AND* spend money during the process.

Which would you do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a 3 hour downtime, but you can pay 500,000 AD and play right now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    buttchinusbuttchinus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about it wait hour 1/2 this morning play for the first time down again im going back to star wars
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server down thread got closed :mad:

So i need some else to spam/ pass time in.
    Could someone plz pass the popcorn.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    10charlimit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will say this tho i don't maintenance and stuff but it'd be nice for an in game warning or something when they gonna go down ya know i was in game fighting in mid comment they go down i'm like huh then go to re launch patch then see the msg on patcher servers down from 9-12, just saying 5mins warning be nice but oh well atleast i don't have to pay for it lol
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The launcher. It says 9-12. So if you can do the math, that would be 3 hours.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh right havent watched this weeks Game off thrones.
    Be back later ... peace
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where does it say they are down 9-12? Link?

Check the launcher status.
  • Options
    buttchinusbuttchinus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope this is because it's a new server/new game how long has this been up for i wounder
  • Options
    maxxam78maxxam78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bla bla bla bla
  • Options
    wooglitzwooglitz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No patience...ever
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    10charlimit

load your never winter launcher before you log in look down in the red man it tells you there
  • Options
    babytamponsbabytampons Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kraytor1 wrote: »
    I will say this tho i don't maintenance and stuff but it'd be nice for an in game warning or something when they gonna go down ya know i was in game fighting in mid comment they go down i'm like huh then go to re launch patch then see the msg on patcher servers down from 9-12, just saying 5mins warning be nice but oh well atleast i don't have to pay for it lol

They do that. I got messages saying the server is going down about 3 times..
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They soft launched as an open beta before the game was 100% ready to go, or they would have had a full launch.

Many MMOs lately have had really strong launches. TERA and SW:ToR, among others. It's funny, many people will rail at the "terrible" launch of SW:ToR, but these people either weren't a part of earlier MMO launches, or don't remember them very well. Some of us still remember WoW's launch, where there were extended down times longer than 24 hours.

I think by the end of the second month of WoW's release, we all had our subscriptions extended a total of something like a week or two weeks, because there was so much down time and "emergency hotfixes."

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IT'S BETA!

My hero points just went OVER 9000!!!^__^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    tremayne3tremayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm pretty certain they do at least SOME testing before pushing things live. However, let me give you the benefits of twenty years of working on real-time customer facing computer systems - it's not possible to test every possible scenario due to time, money and I can guarantee there's some weird edge case you never even thought of so can't have written a test script to cover; test environments are never perfectly identical to live and that trivial difference you thought couldn't possibly have any real effect actually does; and Murphy's Law reigns supreme across the cosmos.
  • Options
    meldanionmeldanion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    .... Wtf do you think Beta Test means? The entire point of a beta is for the public to test changes they make, not so they can waste hours privately testing everything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    They do that. I got messages saying the server is going down about 3 times..

well apparently they don't if you're in an instance cause i never got one single message or you are just special...
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    buttchinus wrote: »
    how about it wait hour 1/2 this morning play for the first time down again im going back to star wars

Tu no comprende Ingles?
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Everything seems to be an "emergency" with these people. Hopefully this is just a rocky start because these 2-3 hour outages are starting to become tedious.
This discussion has been closed.