test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open world pvp

c3zc3z Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Should there be open world PVP similar to PerfectWorld?
Post edited by c3z on

Comments

• braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, not "no" but HELLS no.
  • elddirelddir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In certain specially made areas? Sure, why not. Couldn't care less. I can just stay away.

In the regular PvE areas? Absolutely not.
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should have fortress seiges at least. The 2 battleground maps are getting repetitive and boring.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • firefly113firefly113 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    This'd be Age of Conan all over again. No thank you.

If they do put it in, it should definitely be restricted to certain areas.

Open world PvP would make playing AoE classes insufferable. Also people would kill each other simply because they have no idea if that other person is going to do the same to them.

It's really amazing to watch how people react when open world PvP is in place. They become sheltered, thinking everyone is out to get them. I'd rather not have that here.
  • sunkahnsunkahn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c3z wrote: »
    Should there be open world PVP similar to PerfectWorld?

I must admit that I am not familiar with Perfect World, so I'm not exactly sure what that means.

The open world pvp I would find most interesting is where you have big loss/gain, be it xp, gear, money or some kind of IMPORTANT pvp type of points, but I'm not sure that would attract everyone since ganking might cause people to quit the game.
    Perhaps it would be best to have it restricted some areas, areas where the xp/loot is better.
  • c3zc3z Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or how about AT LEAST one PvP shard? still keep the PvP events like we have now but on the PvP shard have it open world PvP.
    This way if you dont want open world PvP, dont join the PvP shard and still be able to PvP in the arena, just not in the open world.
  • dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    It wouldn't work well with the way that neverwinter is set up, since all 3 shards will be merged into one server at official launch. There are ways to do it well, but it would require a rework of a lot of core mechanics.
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    Hence why I think a open world PvP server/shard would fix what you're concerned about.
    Dont want to worry about it, dont join it. Open world PvP would give people incentive to pick instances with fewer people in them.
    Naturaly, like in PW, have safe zones, I'd assume near campfires and whatnot.
    Obviously there would have to be some sort of regulations like in PW you werent allowed to PvP until level 30 if im not mistaken. If you kill too many other players you risked losing your gear for being an a-hole.
    Its been done in the past, its worked in the past, and people have loved it.
    I always thought arena PvP was kind of lame compared to open world PvP and I really only do it for the daily diamonds.
  • tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love open world PVP but this was a silly question, you're surrounded by self-proclaimed care bears. Most of the posts about PVP end up with hardcore D&D vets asking to have it removed completely.
    edited May 2013
    IF there were a few areas that you can just go to and NOT queue up that are always PvP that'd be great as well.
    And I agree, I wouldn't want people to be like that hence why it'd be cool to figure out a work around, wether its a few PvP areas that arent arenas and that you can just travel to using the map instead of queuing up, or if its the entire shard. If players were to join a PvP shard then they would know what to expect, if you dont want to become sheltered, join the PvE shard.
  • venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only do the PvP currently for the dailys, imo they are being ruined by game design allowing 5 man premades to destroy pugs over and over. They need to adjust it so if pre-mades want to q up they get there own bracket or make the PvP map a lot bigger so its just not a 5 man zerg to point A > B >C. No skill in the set up as it is now it's all about a 5 man zerg.

This is not complain, I will also run our own 5 man pre-made once we get everyone at similar levels, just can't see it being fun after awhile.
  • r3djayr3djay Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well...you need an open world to have open world pvp. There is none, unfortunately.
    edited May 2013
    SIlly, maybe, but I know for a fact that a MAJORITY of the community would support this as from what I saw when I asked around in zone chat today.

And if even half of the PW community plays this, then I'm sure they support it to.

How are those "hardcore" D&D vets going to RP if they can't even duel or PvP?

on that note, where the hell is the duel function?
  • woochangsilverwoochangsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guild Based pvp, Guilds can openly declare war against one another. Both sides must accept so that its mutual. once in a war regardless of lvls pvp is activated VS anyone in those guilds in any zone they happen to be in. Lasts until 1 side or both surrenders or decides they no longer wish war. simple.
    edited May 2013
    lol... you are thinking too hard into it.

Maybe the world isnt "seamless" but its very open.

If I could have it my way, I'd have every area except protectors enclave be PvP as long as you're not next to a campfire (safezone) like in PW.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And i think they should add guilds pvp tournament endgame will be boring without it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely not... it would encourage player killers where high levels could go to low level areas and grief players. I do support a 1 on 1 challenge duel system though.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited May 2013
    "Guild Based pvp, Guilds can openly declare war against one another. Both sides must accept so that its mutual. once in a war regardless of lvls pvp is activated VS anyone in those guilds in any zone they happen to be in. Lasts until 1 side or both surrenders or decides they no longer wish war. simple. "

Even that would be bad ***

If they could even adopt the turf system so that guilds can actualy control places like Tower District, Ebon Downs, Helm's Hold, etc... people would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bricks.
    edited May 2013
    Aye, there needs to be a 1 on 1 duel system for sure.

ANd you can't say it would encourage PKers from high levels to kill low levels because there arent even regulations being discussed yet... so dont jump the gun.

I noticed a lot of level 60's are pretty bored and only PvP a lot... why not make the endgame reward being able to PvP anybody else who's level 60 as long as they're out in an adventure zone? or why not regulate what levels can PvP other levels by 5-/+ gap?
    There are so many ways to regulate it to make it fair.
  • ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    firefly113 wrote: »
    This'd be Age of Conan all over again. No thank you.

If they do put it in, it should definitely be restricted to certain areas.

Open world PvP would make playing AoE classes insufferable. Also people would kill each other simply because they have no idea if that other person is going to do the same to them.

What does Age of Conan have to do with this? It wouldn't be like it, because it's different game. I'm simply wondering, if you have ever even PvP'd in OWPvP games. That is the most fun I've ever have had in my life out of all the games I've played. Lineage 2, TERA. These two are simply done right.
    edited May 2013
    ascher11t wrote: »
    What does Age of Conan have to do with this? It wouldn't be like it, because it's different game. I'm simply wondering, if you have ever even PvP'd in OWPvP games. That is the most fun I've ever have had in my life out of all the games I've played. Lineage 2, TERA. These two are simply done right.

The first OWPvP game I played was PW...and I got addicted, it encouraged ppl to party as well.
    Can't even tell you how many people play this MMO just to solo... wahts the point of playing online if you're going to solo? lol
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D&D is a PvE game, PVP is just weird!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    i want 1vs1 duels and 2vs2 (and 3vs3, 4vs4)team free for all gametypes, but who cares...
    edited May 2013
    right, so explain why nwn1 and nwn2 both had PvP lol
  • ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    wahts the point of playing online if you're going to solo? lol

They are shy.
    edited May 2013
    electrino wrote: »
    i want 1vs1 duels and 2vs2 (and 3vs3, 4vs4)team free for all gametypes, but who cares...

Yeah, 1 on 1 duels are a MUST. That would settle the bullsh OP arguements going on.

In fact, I think this is the only MMO I played that doesnt have a duel feature lol.
  • jaguar74jaguar74 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first OWPvP game I played was PW...and I got addicted, it encouraged ppl to party as well.
    Can't even tell you how many people play this MMO just to solo... wahts the point of playing online if you're going to solo? lol

What's the point to group? if you have to greed for gear.
    They can add another server for open world pvp, just like Tera online has.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    right, so explain why nwn1 and nwn2 both had PvP lol
    Funny I don't remember NWN1 Having a PvP Mode. Not saying it didn't, just that I don't remember it! Also it wasn't part of the actual RPG correct?
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    D&D is a PvE game, PVP is just weird!

I know right, so weird!

Almost as weird as the mundane killing of the same brainless NPC's by the thousands.

D&D was about RP and had a lot more to it than just PvE.

Theres barely anything D&D about this game except for the lore.