test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To those Random Clerics

pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The ones who wander by me and cast a Healing spell, thank you! I don't know if you get even more XP for your act of kindness but it is nice to see. Is there a way to reward these players with a few coins?:):cool:
Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
Post edited by pzzdachu on

Comments

• Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is very nice of you! I have played as a healer in all mmo's I have played and when we see someone with health missing it is almost an automatic reaction to throw a heal. Just a quick /s thank you is perfect. And no we get nothing but the satisfaction of helping a fellow player.:) Which for us is enough.

When I am questing I always keep an eye on players in my proximity and will stop what I'm doing to go help if I see someone get below half health. Just the way we are. That's why we play as a healer. We are a different breed.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    sweeper101sweeper101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    That is very nice of you! I have played as a healer in all mmo's I have played and when we see someone with health missing it is almost an automatic reaction to throw a heal. Just a quick /s thank you is perfect. And no we get nothing but the satisfaction of helping a fellow player.:) Which for us is enough.

Speak for yourself. Send me gear/ gold/ zen/ diamonds, whatever else of value to my mailbox. Thanks in advance :P
  • Options
    studlyamistudlyami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that is also why we play healers :) doesn't take more than a couple seconds to spam a couple heal skills before we mount up and continue along our way. Hp pots are getting expensive! Now only if i didn't have that 40% heal reduction on healing myself :(
  • Options
    piratedrugallpiratedrugall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    No problemo! I play a healer because I like making people happy, and without an OOC regen I can't help but toss heals when I see people down on their HP.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I try to make sure the player and their companion are topped off on HP before I move on, and if im not fighting anything myself then I will toss a seal on whatever they are fighting as well.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yea randomly throwing a heal on me as you go by is appreciated. Nice post OP. Much appreciated Healers that do that.
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had some people that don't like it though(very rare). Maybe they are testing skills or changing around their rotation or whatever.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had some people that don't like it though(very rare). Maybe they are testing skills or changing around their rotation or whatever.

But its the thought that counts they should just appreciate that, the healer is not to know what they are doing just see them a little low on HP.
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    You are welcome.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sweeper101 wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. Send me gear/ gold/ zen/ diamonds, whatever else of value to my mailbox. Thanks in advance :P
    Playing a cleric of this worlds god of greed I see.;) LOL
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you help me dps down those mobs too while you're at it, instead of just sitting there healing me?

... Useless Clerics .....
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a couple of reasons other than pure benevolence to heal random players.

Healing Word (level 5 Encounter power) heals both the target and the caster, so that's one reason to heal random people you run past, you'll recover some health yourself.

DCs generate AP by both dealing and healing damage, so that's another reason.

With the Divine Fortune passive you generate Divine Power (class ability) by using non-damaging powers, so that's one more reason.

Still, even with that most DCs do heal random players mainly due to feeling helpful.
  • Options
    piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just love seeing all those health bars refilling on random players.

PS. I accept gold, AD and bars as payment.
  • Options
    shadewingt50shadewingt50 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dawwwww :3
  • Options
    morningstar921morningstar921 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

When I am questing I always keep an eye on players in my proximity and will stop what I'm doing to go help if I see someone get below half health. Just the way we are. That's why we play as a healer. We are a different breed.

Yep, yep, it is just 2nd nature to us clerics. And I agree, most of us are not looking for anything in return except for a thank you when you can, however, don't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> us off by ranting at us or about us if we were too busy to heal you, we will remember who you are and be busy picking our noses the next time you are about to die! LOL :D
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, even with my Cleric companion, it's always nice to see all those little green ++++ floating around me.

I almost always try to say thanks, but they never stop. "Who was that mystery cleric?"
  • Options
    viscacha1viscacha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes! Thanks to all the clerics. I'm very stingy when it comes to using health potions, even when I have like 50+ I'd sooner run around with a red screen than use one, so it's always a good feeling when green numbers start flashing everywhere around me :P
  • Options
    tequilarosetequilarose Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We don't get XP... We don't get any real benefit. But typically we just do it cause we can. XD Cheers!
  • Options
    tequilarosetequilarose Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yeah except for the self heals... And for those who say we're useless... I help DPS down the mobs too... *smiles* Especially if there's an overwhelming # of baddies.
  • Options
    pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abradax wrote: »
    You are welcome.

tumblr_mb6njlQX411qftwhy_zpsc158865f.jpg
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont like the random healz, keep your green slimy + numbers away from me !

Just kidding
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I love helping random players.
    It's great to see random players appreciate the help. :D
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So much better here than it is in other games.

You see, people often think heals are free - "HEAL! PLZ!". In other games, we clerics still needed to med (EQ) for our mana or wait for it to regen. You never saw clerics running over to a warrior and saying "TANK! PLZ!"

It's nice to see a) people still doing it and b) people appreciating it

Aw, makes me feel all warm inside. Maybe I should adopt a kitten..
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's great to see random players appreciate the help. :D

I am NOT random ! I am Redgar Silverkin of Amn! Show me some love baby!
  • Options
    leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed! Thanks to the clerics who have helped me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kelanatorkelanator Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey no prob I do that every chance I get.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, yep, it is just 2nd nature to us clerics. And I agree, most of us are not looking for anything in return except for a thank you when you can, however, don't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> us off by ranting at us or about us if we were too busy to heal you, we will remember who you are and be busy picking our noses the next time you are about to die! LOL :D
    Considering that you are a random player doing your own thing, I would never think of ranting on you cause I died!
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too would like to thank the helers for this it is very much appreciated, and also those who choose to stop and help in the fight when I get overwhelmed with enemies.
  • Options
    harleyluyaharleyluya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good that some ppl really appreciate our heals...but I had a bad experience once....healing someone with tons of mob on him instead of killing those mob...he ran away and left me all alone...... :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xraytec wrote: »
    I too would like to thank the helers for this it is very much appreciated, and also those who choose to stop and help in the fight when I get overwhelmed with enemies.
    You know... It is a new experience for me. Last night I saw a few players in a fight and added my sword to the battle. I don't know the actual etiquette for it, as this is only my second foray into MMOs.