What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To those Random Clerics

Comments

• Options
    rakkanothrakkanoth Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha, I always do that and occasionally even pull them out of a precarious situation, eg. aggro of a dozen mobs on them :P

But those random wizards are not to be neglected as well. Their CC helped me in quite some seemingly hopeless scenarios :)
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rakkanoth wrote: »
    Haha, I always do that and occasionally even pull them out of a precarious situation, eg. aggro of a dozen mobs on them :P

But those random wizards are not to be neglected as well. Their CC helped me in quite some seemingly hopeless scenarios :)

I even heal other Clerics when in a dungeon...lol
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The WORST part of it is...

when playing that CW, GF or other alt and running past another player who can use a heal... tapping the Healing Word Encounter does nothing and the "WTF!? Why didn't it WORK!?" thought pops into my head for a moment, then brief panic before I realize I'm on my alt... and I even feel a little helpless and vulnerable for a second or two! Healing random others is THAT much second nature.

And I agree - though I never expect it - a /s thank you is always awesome! But often I will will throw a heal at a player far away from me and I just know they are thinking "where the hell did THAT come from?" as they often stop in their tracks and look around. LOL
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    You know... It is a new experience for me. Last night I saw a few players in a fight and added my sword to the battle. I don't know the actual etiquette for it, as this is only my second foray into MMOs.

In older MMO's you'd get a tongue lashing if you jumped into a fight, (although heals and buffs have always been welcome), as you could steal exp. Kill stealing was a good way to get black listed. In Neverwinter though, you can't really do any real harm by jumping in. For me though, I like to pull several groups of mobs, and chop them down. This leads to people thinking I'm in trouble, when I'm just having fun, so I usually recommend not just jumping right in, but watching to see if assistance is really needed. I tend to stand for quite a bit watching people, but letting them see me so they know if they need help I'm right there; cool to see people kind of calm down and take down things they were getting ready to run from. I had a rogue save my butt last night with a well timed backstab move; he's been shadowing the fight, and ...perfect timing.

I like it, because it actually allows you to kinda-group on the fly.
  • Options
    deputydog007deputydog007 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do it because it generates Karma. Can never have enough good Karma. Enjoy and be sure to help with that swarm of mobs I bumped into so I dont have to waste my potions killing em all.
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Awehh, ahaha.
    My main is a CW, but I actually just rolled a cleric, "Aya" on Mindflayer as an alt.

I was running around Blacklake and the Orc place just healing up random people that I saw. ^~^
    Whenever I play a heal class in any game, I always heal people that I see who needs it, and pretty much throw buffs on anyone I cross paths with. :D
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just figuring out the best ways to heal efficiently.

As soon as I get this down it's going to be just horse ride to quest and clean you rabble's squishy parts out from between the mounts horseshoes later.

But for now, you may live.

;-D

Seriously, the games community seems pretty cool so far.

Everyone seems to respect others space.

I mean, one could drag 1000 mobs over to some poor sap and follow them while blocking and healing yourself till they die - if one were so inclined.

But I don't see griefing, I see helping.

So bravo NWO people!
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    always a healer in every mmo i played and i do played lots of!
    just love to throw heals on ppl :D
  • Options
    igiveup2igiveup2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    That is very nice of you! I have played as a healer in all mmo's I have played and when we see someone with health missing it is almost an automatic reaction to throw a heal. Just a quick /s thank you is perfect. And no we get nothing but the satisfaction of helping a fellow player.:) Which for us is enough.

When I am questing I always keep an eye on players in my proximity and will stop what I'm doing to go help if I see someone get below half health. Just the way we are. That's why we play as a healer. We are a different breed.

Yup yup - big +1 here. You and I play the same style healer :)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NP it's free. :cool:
  • Options
    djounidjounidjounidjouni Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's more because empty health bars drive me crazy than pure kindness, but you're welcome.
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    healers seldom get any love from others, in fact from my own experience playing with healers (never been one myself it's too thankless) healers get blamed most of the time when a group fails....ie "how come you didn't heal me"

so much respect for those who can play healers and thanks to those who random ninja heal
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to also thanks those random guardian fighters that come on and help when I get thrown into another group of mobs and aggro too much :)

But yeah each time I see cleric fighting against some big boss or group of mobs that overwhelm him I dismount and kill those nasties ;)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    healers seldom get any love from others, in fact from my own experience playing with healers (never been one myself it's too thankless) healers get blamed most of the time when a group fails....ie "how come you didn't heal me"

so much respect for those who can play healers and thanks to those who random ninja heal

You can also see if a group is good by the heal score of the healer. If it's high then the group sucks. Healers have the unique opportunity to actually watch the battlefield, because that's what they are supposed to do. You can see and say if someone was doing an ok job or not. :D

Sometimes some players are just black holes for my heals in dungeons, and you really end up wondering why you've been healing that guy so much.

If you want to thank your healer it's easy: unless you're the tank don't stay in the red zones!
  • Options
    meth6005meth6005 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    So much better here than it is in other games.

You see, people often think heals are free - "HEAL! PLZ!". In other games, we clerics still needed to med (EQ) for our mana or wait for it to regen. You never saw clerics running over to a warrior and saying "TANK! PLZ!"

It's nice to see a) people still doing it and b) people appreciating it

Aw, makes me feel all warm inside. Maybe I should adopt a kitten..

Yes but my Eq cleric got rich from buffs heals and rez
  • Options
    budgiewudgiebudgiewudgie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a Cleric but I focus on Damage rather than support... but when I pass by some players with low health I always switch to Divinity and heal them.
  • Options
    shattrnerdsshattrnerds Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am that cleric! I even cast a divinitied HOT on you toO!
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you sir.
    ... Also, divinitied HOT?
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    thestonedpriestthestonedpriest Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, if you ever see me ( AKOZ ) in game and I heal yuo, a nice thank you is to group with me. Solo leveling sucks!

Thanks!
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is the reason we play a cleric. Nothing better then doing a drive by healing.
  • Options
    kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's my small way of roleplaying. I see people in trouble as I'm out and about, I'm going to help. Sometimes I notice that someone is in over their head in an area so I tag along a bit and make sure they stay healed up. :)
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • Options
    theaszuretheaszure Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you help me dps down those mobs too while you're at it, instead of just sitting there healing me?

... Useless Clerics .....

People like you should be ...
    [XBOX] - Malvious - Oathbound Paladin
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do we actually look at Damage Per Second in this game? Or is DPS something else in this game?
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theaszure wrote: »
    People like you should be shot

Pretty sure you're the only person out of 6 pages that didn't get the sarcasm there, dude ...

It's pretty obvious
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure you're the only person out of 6 pages that didn't get the sarcasm there, dude ...

It's pretty obvious

You didnt get my sarcasm either it was pretty obvious.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theaszure wrote: »
    You didnt get my sarcasm either it was pretty obvious.

You don't say 'people like you should be ....' You know what you said.

Specially not in an American game dev forums, after everything that has happened in Connecticut, Columbine, etc... Seriously dude, I'm not American, but even I know they take that **** seriously.
  • Options
    masochist33masochist33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your welcome! thanks op and everyone else that appreciates us! ^.^
  • Options
    adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love it! I played a cleric in CB and used to love to heal folks. Even saved a couple of folks I think. I think a lot of people that play clerics genuinely enjoy the roll as a do gooder. Thats's awesome.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You don't say 'people like you should be ....' You know what you said.

Specially not in an American game dev forums, after everything that has happened in Connecticut, Columbine, etc... Seriously dude, I'm not American, but even I know they take that **** seriously.

Still not getting it do you?
  • Options
    lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

Always nice to get that random heal from someone while something is beating the snot out of me.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.