test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• Options
    kyriduskyridus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll add my vote for my single most desired feature:

DM text! If we can't/aren't interested in uploading personal voiceovers, let areas/events trigger mid screen descriptive DM text.

This can be cheesed currently but in a limited and awkward capacity.

Seems as if it would be an easy addition and would really add SO much.
    'Cullwood Outpost' NW-DC4BNASDA
  • Options
    shylanakolaeshylanakolae Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about improving the naming system of some of the functions?

I for one have noticed that there are some rather misleading names for often simple, fundamental tasks, such as setting a map's skybox (currently called 'backdrops') atmospheric effects (currently called backdrops as well, but under the 'sky override' options) and color correction (currently called 'lighting' under the 'sky override' options, as well).

Suggestions include those, and:

Component Tree = Entity List
    Asset List > Details = Props

Other UI name changes to be added as I find poor current ones.

Also, the ability to do one or more of the following to control environmental lighting:

Set custom ambient light (sun/moon) direction
    Set rotation of map in relation to static light direction (if unable to set ambient light direction)
    Set scale/brightness of light-emitting entities
  • Options
    abaddonliveabaddonlive Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOCK OBJECTS IN PLACE- would be a good thing when editing in 3D-mode. At this point, if you are building something on a higher floor you've created by yourself, and you accidentally look at the object you are standing on, you fall right through it. Making it impossible to edit things and place things on a higher floor.
  • Options
    forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So I suggest that monsters should walk on traps too! Or that the Author can choose "enemy" or "friendly" on traps, or something

I think it's feature but seems to bug. Devs probably wanted NPC monsters to have nice AI, but forgot only rouges can detect traps.

It'd be nice if monsters walk on, around or even jump over traps.
    yxer13 wrote: »
    - Enemy NPCs. I've tried to make an encounter after a conversation, but I haven't been able to make the NPC fight.

- Friendly/Enemy change. It should be an option to turn someone friendly to Enemy if you do something, like "stole" him something. Even with encounters.

You can do it. You just have to learn difference between "Contact" and "Encouter" NPCs. Contacts don't fight. Encounters do. If you can understand that subtle difference you will se it's easy to do.
    yxer13 wrote: »
    - Two ways missions. Depending of your answer on a dialog, you should be able to change the end of the quest.

Already on list as branching story
  • Options
    zzephyr91zzephyr91 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand that foundry needed a nerf on the insta-level 60 situation but the "kill 3 mobs then dont get any more experience for that mob" answer was not right, they need to revert the changes and find a new way to combat this as they are ruining perfectly valid foundry quests. for instance i no longer wish to do long foundry's because chances are half way through (or before) i will stop gaining exp till i hand in the quest!!!!..... please come up with a better solution...
  • Options
    hirichiric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    #44 Encounters Actor's death as trigger Allow authors to set something to happen when some mob dies. /rasmenar2112
    You *can* actually make something happen when an encounter dies. You can make something visible by setting its visibility "appears" condition to Element Completed->Choose the Encounter.

I'd love to see:
    1. Repeatable Actions/Triggers
      At the moment we can play with the visibility of each element, but there are too many limitations.
      AND I'd love some triggers to be retriggerable. Like, a flash that appears *each time* I step on an area.

At the moment you can only make something appear/disappear only once. This is way too limitating.

An action/trigger could:
      • Have conditions: check an actor's visibility, a player's HP, status, class, race, the status of another trigger, etc.
      • Give the player an item.
      • Take away an item.
      • Inflict damage on the players/on the triggering player.
      • Heal them (maybe set a limited heal pool per module, that also decreases its EXP multiplier to balance it - the less healing you get, the more XP you have)
      • Respawn an Encounter (but receive EXP only once)
      • Move an entity.
      • Change the entity material.
      • FORCE a dialog (automatic cutscene)
      • FORCE another trigger (cutscene)
      • FORCE an animation on an actor
      • FORCE an NPC to walk/move (invulnerable).
      • Force (lowercase this time :P) an encounter to die (no EXP)
    2. Change the X/Y/Z Scale of an item (uniform/non uniform)
      Maybe just for decorations... sometimes you just need something just a little bit bigger/smaller.
    3. A Special FX slot on Costumes.
      Ghost, fiery, icy cold, rotten, evanescent, wispy, iridescent, waves of power, Glow are just a few things that could be added in a much more easier way with the help of a selector.
      At the moment you could add special FX to an actor by using as a base a costume with a special FX, but it's hacky, and takes a lot of time.
    4. Being able to HIDE specific parts of a costume, like hands, legs, body, etc.
    5. The Drag&Drop bug that occasionally leaves the editor unusable and with no mouse cursor when dragging something out of the right pane SOLVED. Yes, you can press CTRL+S to continue, but it's annoying!
    6. More Room FX effects
    7. More Magical device assets
    8. More Magical puffs/explosions
    9. Be able to lock the position/rotation of an actor on another (example: a puff of smoke on an encounter/player)
    10. Be able to create our custom behaviors/AI for an encounter element (eg: a behavior is a set of 1/2/3 powers that the enemy can use)
    11. Have the Follow setting of an encounter actually WORK while testing :P
    12. Be able to scale an encounter's difficulty/hp (this also influences EXP when reducing it)
    13. Have permanent directional/static daylight shadows like the ones you see when using the Lightning FX
    14. Be able to tweak the intensity/radius of a static/dynamic light.
    15. Custom RGB/Alpha colors on the color picker! There are no saturated colors on the palette!
    16. Be able to *name* a specific condition for quick reference.
      Sometimes lots of stuff happens in response of a specific event (e.g.: something dies), and lots of entities need to have the same condition set, one by one. That is waaaay too much time consuming.
    17. Be able to set all the common properties of a multiselection at once. e.g: set 4 costumes/names/Group/behaviour/position/rotation of an encounter/entity all at once. Same for setting their visibility conditions.
    18. Have a realtime preview of where the items are about to get placed after you move them in the 3D editor. Static meshes have no problems with this, but special FX and lights disappear a soon as you move them. Reloading the whole module is SLOW, at least show the special FX center and not just the bounding box!
      This is especially important for lights, we need to see where's the center!.
    19. Have a realtime 3D preview of animated particles special FX

I know, that's a lot of things :P
    Topics: ▬► [FOUNDRY] [BUGS] Reference List and Workarounds

Modules:▬► "Mind Over Matter" NW-DNASR4HTL
    (beta v0.9 - improving dialogues, fine tuning encounters, 99% bug free)
  • Options
    borysthenisborysthenis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't really see this in the initial listing -- I want to see lots more actual monsters in the Foundry. Obviously something like a gelatinous cube may be technically challenging, but why don't we have more creature-type monsters to play with. Giant rats (other than wererats), bugbears, green slime, beholders (beholders beholders beholders! I don't even mean Boss level things -- give us some of the less powerful ones, or Beholder-kin!), stirges, harpies -- after a while, bipeds and spiders just don't do enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I had the ambition to not only go farther than man had gone before,
    but to go as far as it was possible to go"

--Captain James Cook
  • Options
    gralgrathorgralgrathor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems you can't move houses around in 3D-mode. I couldn't find the white rectangular anchor in any case. So, assuming I'm not just blind, that needs to change. I can fling about mountains, a small village house shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It seems you can't move houses around in 3D-mode. I couldn't find the white rectangular anchor in any case. So, assuming I'm not just blind, that needs to change. I can fling about mountains, a small village house shouldn't be a problem.

Sometimes the "handle" is offsetted a bit, you should try to look around. Also, when you're too far from the object you can't interact with it. I'll add those to my personal wish list, the item positioning is way too awkward for a 3d editor :P

• Options
    gralgrathorgralgrathor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll look again, but my distance slider was set to max so I could see and interact with the handles for items halfway across the map, but these houses didn't seem to have any.

But speaking of handles, there's a bug where if you copy-paste something its handle is invisible so you just have to guess where it is which becomes quite impossible if it's offset to the side and you start flipping it upside down and what have you. That should probably go in a bug-thread though.
  • Options
    thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this problem too, it seems that houses dont have the white qube
  • Options
    aerroneaerrone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    especially need boss fights added

would be nice to be able to make NPC a boss fight and be able to change looks and stuff to

final chest drop why cant i make it appear when a fight is over

and yes need levers badly to all i can use for dooors now r triggers or when you kill this i really want a lever to
  • Options
    granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we make custom detail clusters.

An example is tree cover, I really am not pleased with the designs and density of the tree clusters so I have to place each tree one at a time. This ways authors can make a good cluster for what they need and maybe share it with other authors.
  • Options
    reillanreillan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    So, to fix some of the issues we're seeing with foundry, how about adding either tags or categories to the foundry content? That way, intensely-story-driven missions can be available for those who are seeking story, missions that have fun mechanics for those seeking unique experiences, monster challenge missions for those who want to test their martial prowess, and so on...

This could be largely automatic (a quest with a low overall time/monster kill is likely a grindfest, whereas a high time/monster kill may be more story or mechanic driven), but those tags could also be part of the review process.
  • Options
    giron88giron88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think there should be an option to make PvP maps in the foundry to be added to the standard Domination map pool. I would hope they would be screened for imbalances, but this could keep a lot of PvP players happy for a long time. Just a cool idea I had. I also made a seperate post on this here and in the subreddit as well.
  • Options
    forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    giron88 wrote: »
    I think there should be an option to make PvP maps in the foundry to be added to the standard Domination map pool. I would hope they would be screened for imbalances, but this could keep a lot of PvP players happy for a long time. Just a cool idea I had. I also made a seperate post on this here and in the subreddit as well.
    SECTION IV - THE FOUNDRY
    [...]
    Can I create PVP missions using the Foundry?

Not yet!

This make me feel like they are planning to do so
  • Options
    giron88giron88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have made several posts about it. I did not know about that. Maybe added attention will get it added sooner! Thanks for showing me that though, gives me hope! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    giron88 wrote: »
    I think there should be an option to make PvP maps in the foundry
    forien69 wrote: »
    This make me feel like they are planning to do so
    Seconded. Would be nice to be able to add PvP zones/rooms, I'll add it to my personal wish list ;)
    hiric wrote: »
    I'd love to see:
    1. Repeatable Actions/Triggers
      At the moment we can play with the visibility of each element, but there are too many limitations.
      AND I'd love some triggers to be retriggerable. Like, a flash that appears *each time* I step on an area.

At the moment you can only make something appear/disappear only once. This is way too limitating.

An action/trigger could:
      • Have conditions: check an actor's visibility, a player's HP, status, class, race, the status of another trigger, etc.
      • Give the player an item.
      • Take away an item.
      • Inflict damage on the players/on the triggering player.
      • Heal them (maybe set a limited heal pool per module, that also decreases its EXP multiplier to balance it - the less healing you get, the more XP you have)
      • Respawn an Encounter (but receive EXP only once)
      • Move an entity.
      • Change the entity material.
      • FORCE a dialog (automatic cutscene)
      • FORCE another trigger (cutscene)
      • FORCE an animation on an actor
      • FORCE an NPC to walk/move (invulnerable).
      • Force (lowercase this time :P) an encounter to die (no EXP)
    2. Change the X/Y/Z Scale of an item (uniform/non uniform)
      Maybe just for decorations... sometimes you just need something just a little bit bigger/smaller.
    3. A Special FX slot on Costumes.
      Ghost, fiery, icy cold, rotten, evanescent, wispy, iridescent, waves of power, Glow are just a few things that could be added in a much more easier way with the help of a selector.
      At the moment you could add special FX to an actor by using as a base a costume with a special FX, but it's hacky, and takes a lot of time.
    4. Being able to HIDE specific parts of a costume, like hands, legs, body, etc.
    5. The Drag&Drop bug that occasionally leaves the editor unusable and with no mouse cursor when dragging something out of the right pane SOLVED. Yes, you can press CTRL+S to continue, but it's annoying!
    6. More Room FX effects
    7. More Magical device assets
    8. More Magical puffs/explosions
    9. Be able to lock the position/rotation of an actor on another (example: a puff of smoke on an encounter/player)
    10. Be able to create our custom behaviors/AI for an encounter element (eg: a behavior is a set of 1/2/3 powers that the enemy can use)
    11. Have the Follow setting of an encounter actually WORK while testing :P
    12. Be able to scale an encounter's difficulty/hp (this also influences EXP when reducing it)
    13. Have permanent directional/static daylight shadows like the ones you see when using the Lightning FX
    14. Be able to tweak the intensity/radius of a static/dynamic light.
    15. Custom RGB/Alpha colors on the color picker! There are no saturated colors on the palette!
    16. Be able to *name* a specific condition for quick reference.
      Sometimes lots of stuff happens in response of a specific event (e.g.: something dies), and lots of entities need to have the same condition set, one by one. That is waaaay too much time consuming.
    17. Be able to set all the common properties of a multiselection at once. e.g: set 4 costumes/names/Group/behaviour/position/rotation of an encounter/entity all at once. Same for setting their visibility conditions.
    18. Have a realtime preview of where the items are about to get placed after you move them in the 3D editor. Static meshes have no problems with this, but special FX and lights disappear a soon as you move them. Reloading the whole module is SLOW, at least show the special FX center and not just the bounding box!
      This is especially important for lights, we need to see where's the center!.
    19. Have a realtime 3D preview of animated particles special FX
    20. Be able to mark an area as PvP enabled by inserting an activable/deactivable PvP volume object to the list. PvP's enabling should of course be announced with some really BOLD onscreen text

• Options
    herumetherumet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this was brought up at some point, but I would love for the editor to be available offline...
  • Options
    nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some I've culled from other posts of mine that don't already appear in your list...

* the ability to place new items in 3d editing mode

* when a place marker spawns as part of a new "reach point" quest objective... if the player is inside the place marker already, the objective should immediately complete rather than the player having to leave and reenter the marker area

* the ability for "require item" checks in dialog to consume an item (thereby causing that prompt to not appear again); or if there is some technical reason that doesn't work (e.g. dialog trees must be static during their execution), then at least an option on individual "end dialog" paths to consume/remove an item

* when an NPC is used as a component in multiple dialog quest objectives, if the NPC is set to "disappear when this objective is completed", it should disappear when the LAST of all possible dialog quest objectives is completed, rather than immediately after the first dialog objective is complete -- for one thing, it's possible to create bugged content this way (NPC disappears but dialog objectives still exist that require interacting with them), but also it would greatly simplify creating an NPC that has multiple dialog objectives but does, eventually, need to disappear/be replaced... at the moment, if an NPC has to eventually disappear/be replaced after a dialog objective, it has to be replaced after every single unique dialog objective prior to the one you actually want it to disappear/be replaced on

* the ability to show hover text (like the hover text used in "reach point" quest nodes) on a successful interaction, not just on failed interactions

* door objects (and any other binary state switches, etc. that eventually get added) should still perform their "open" animation when they are the component of an "interact with item" quest; if this were the case, if someone DIDN'T want the door to open, they could use an invisible interactive instead, and both behaviors would be possible, whereas right now, it's impossible to open an animated door as part of a quest objective (at best you can just have a door/barrier "fade out")

* a "no wander" version of "fight to submission"... for that matter, a "no wander" version of any other contact/encounter behaviors that currently include wandering

* the ability to generate server-consistent pathing info in the foundry when we want to test the exact pathing behaviors that will be seen in-game, even if it's only a manual/on-demand process that takes a long time and doesn't try to stay up to date unless re-run

* an encounter should be able to have a "drop" item that you automatically acquire after defeating the encounter

* there should be a "cutscene boss intro" special item that zooms the camera to the selected NPC/component, using the "cutscene/intro" overlay with customizable text superimposed on the title strip (defaults to target NPC/component name), just like you see in boss encounters in official mini-dungeon content now... it should have an appearance/trigger state that can be tied to all the usual stuff.. objective completed, component reached (so it can be used with place markers), etc...

* a special item that does the far-out camera pan thing of those "vantage point" objects that can be placed and activated in a similar manner would be cool for showing off our maps or giving a broad view to platform/puzzle objectives... the important bit here is that simple is fine.. a single object with a fixed duration/camera pan path is more than enough to start with, assuming the overall object can be translated/rotated like any other (and that the camera pan path is in object space and translates/rotates with it)

* adding a feature in the encounter search/filter that lets us filter by the number of mobs, or at least lets us filter between "one mob" and "more than one mob"

* an extra field for an encounter that lets us pick a single "special ability" from a predefined list, which adds that ability to those already being used by the encounter

* adding new "appear when" conditions that are health based; e.g. appear when "encounter at <50% health", and you select an encounter as the component; 25%, 50%, and 75% would be super handy starting points; this would let us spawn fx, other mobs, NPCs, items, etc. at various points in a fight
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    Some I've culled from other posts of mine that don't already appear in your list...

* the ability to place new items in 3d editing mode

* when a place marker spawns as part of a new "reach point" quest objective... if the player is inside the place marker already, the objective should immediately complete rather than the player having to leave and reenter the marker area

* the ability for "require item" checks in dialog to consume an item (thereby causing that prompt to not appear again); or if there is some technical reason that doesn't work (e.g. dialog trees must be static during their execution), then at least an option on individual "end dialog" paths to consume/remove an item

* when an NPC is used as a component in multiple dialog quest objectives, if the NPC is set to "disappear when this objective is completed", it should disappear when the LAST of all possible dialog quest objectives is completed, rather than immediately after the first dialog objective is complete -- for one thing, it's possible to create bugged content this way (NPC disappears but dialog objectives still exist that require interacting with them), but also it would greatly simplify creating an NPC that has multiple dialog objectives but does, eventually, need to disappear/be replaced... at the moment, if an NPC has to eventually disappear/be replaced after a dialog objective, it has to be replaced after every single unique dialog objective prior to the one you actually want it to disappear/be replaced on

* the ability to show hover text (like the hover text used in "reach point" quest nodes) on a successful interaction, not just on failed interactions

* door objects (and any other binary state switches, etc. that eventually get added) should still perform their "open" animation when they are the component of an "interact with item" quest; if this were the case, if someone DIDN'T want the door to open, they could use an invisible interactive instead, and both behaviors would be possible, whereas right now, it's impossible to open an animated door as part of a quest objective (at best you can just have a door/barrier "fade out")

* a "no wander" version of "fight to submission"... for that matter, a "no wander" version of any other contact/encounter behaviors that currently include wandering

* the ability to generate server-consistent pathing info in the foundry when we want to test the exact pathing behaviors that will be seen in-game, even if it's only a manual/on-demand process that takes a long time and doesn't try to stay up to date unless re-run

* an encounter should be able to have a "drop" item that you automatically acquire after defeating the encounter

* there should be a "cutscene boss intro" special item that zooms the camera to the selected NPC/component, using the "cutscene/intro" overlay with customizable text superimposed on the title strip (defaults to target NPC/component name), just like you see in boss encounters in official mini-dungeon content now... it should have an appearance/trigger state that can be tied to all the usual stuff.. objective completed, component reached (so it can be used with place markers), etc...

* a special item that does the far-out camera pan thing of those "vantage point" objects that can be placed and activated in a similar manner would be cool for showing off our maps or giving a broad view to platform/puzzle objectives... the important bit here is that simple is fine.. a single object with a fixed duration/camera pan path is more than enough to start with, assuming the overall object can be translated/rotated like any other (and that the camera pan path is in object space and translates/rotates with it)

* adding a feature in the encounter search/filter that lets us filter by the number of mobs, or at least lets us filter between "one mob" and "more than one mob"

* an extra field for an encounter that lets us pick a single "special ability" from a predefined list, which adds that ability to those already being used by the encounter

* adding new "appear when" conditions that are health based; e.g. appear when "encounter at <50% health", and you select an encounter as the component; 25%, 50%, and 75% would be super handy starting points; this would let us spawn fx, other mobs, NPCs, items, etc. at various points in a fight

+1 to these. Where's the karma system here? :D

I'd also add:

When we make a loop(link) inside a dialogue, we'd also like to be able to EASILY break it, without having to do weird and unnecessary drag&drops to remove the link!

• Options
    mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I' m a digital designer by trade. I agree with most suggestions. You allow an in game 3d edit; That helps a bit, but you need to be able to manually position EVERYTHING but the map environment in 3d editing. The custom map design center needs a 3d window and an additional universal door/archway. The wooden universal has many conflicts and allows players who aren't careful to enter open corners of the rendering like a micro room and get stuck. There should be a universal archway or better yet a slide in and out stone door in addition to the one. In the map placement of assets, there should be a 3rd option to land down. Zero altitude doesn't always work. If not, then the maps should contain at least altitude information if you hover over a location so that you can manually adjust the axial location. It's HUGE to not have more control over where items can be in the environment.
    To build epic campaigns requires access to relics and artifacts, as well as 1 or 2 significant(boss) encounters. Sure I can put hordes of encounter mobs and kill a player, but that doesn't give my the same creative experience or impact. All foundries will be sub par to the standard dungeons. If you have rights of usage, break out the monster manual, and the book of relics and artifacts. Epic bosses should be able to drop one of these. They should also function in true form. If the item is cursed, the curse should be as it is written. If the object is unique, it should be treated that way in some manner. ALSO, IT'S a BAD idea to have the story and dialogue tabs. EVERYONE should design the quest/story THEN build the dialogue tree out of that. Inexperienced designers will simply waste time trying to reverse design from a dialogue. Also, the foundry should be available offline, for down time when servers are down. A huge influx of good foundries will show up after those periods of time. Let players have a way to group develop or at least exchange maps for co-editing. A team of 4 specializing in each part of creation could really blow minds. MORE MOBS for custom maps. 2000 x 2000 with full rooms will be virtually empty with the current mob limit, at least double the amount of mobs usable. I can't even develop maps of vast scale. They simply feel like empty vast rooms when you palce all mobs and have more than a few rooms.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roladorrolador Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many puzzles require the turning of things on and off. Adding an optional Boolean quality to objects would make any object a switch. Then make "appear when" and "Disappear when" options linkable to those boolean states.

Also making a quest objective linkable to the boolean states of multiple objects would enable those puzzles to be directly linked to themain quest.
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Great thread! Thanks for the awesome organization. I know it must take a lot of work, so it's appreciated. I scanned the list, and I didn't see a request that they allow more than one author to work on campaigns/missions together. I think that would make this tool even more powerful!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vonkatastrophenvonkatastrophen Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1-the option to develope and share user designed items (like 3d modeled) to fit into the foundry and the option to download and install or auto load from the servers. you already have a reviewing machine for the quests and campaigns, one for items could grow this a lot. Let the comunity grow it as the CEP was for Neverwinter Nights back in the days.

2- the ability for Variables and fork branches for quest generation and end results. the famous if and else for the sake of better storytelling.

3- The ability to select the kind of item that is going to drop as reward, without affecting the stats but making sure if your quest is called "the dragon scale" well it would be cool to know that it will be droped an awesome armor in the end, this way we can work in a lot of class specific and lvl quests,

4.- after reaching level cap you should make aviable the creation of our own epic items for people to run epic campaigns for the sake of an aweosme reward.

and thats it... for now muahahahahahaha

cheers

Noili Kiburga
    :::THE DIRTY DOZEN:::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vonkatastrophenvonkatastrophen Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I' m a digital designer by trade. I agree with most suggestions. You allow an in game 3d edit; That helps a bit, but you need to be able to manually position EVERYTHING but the map environment in 3d editing. The custom map design center needs a 3d window and an additional universal door/archway. The wooden universal has many conflicts and allows players who aren't careful to enter open corners of the rendering like a micro room and get stuck. There should be a universal archway or better yet a slide in and out stone door in addition to the one. In the map placement of assets, there should be a 3rd option to land down. Zero altitude doesn't always work. If not, then the maps should contain at least altitude information if you hover over a location so that you can manually adjust the axial location. It's HUGE to not have more control over where items can be in the environment.
    To build epic campaigns requires access to relics and artifacts, as well as 1 or 2 significant(boss) encounters. Sure I can put hordes of encounter mobs and kill a player, but that doesn't give my the same creative experience or impact. All foundries will be sub par to the standard dungeons. If you have rights of usage, break out the monster manual, and the book of relics and artifacts. Epic bosses should be able to drop one of these. They should also function in true form. If the item is cursed, the curse should be as it is written. If the object is unique, it should be treated that way in some manner. ALSO, IT'S a BAD idea to have the story and dialogue tabs. EVERYONE should design the quest/story THEN build the dialogue tree out of that. Inexperienced designers will simply waste time trying to reverse design from a dialogue. Also, the foundry should be available offline, for down time when servers are down. A huge influx of good foundries will show up after those periods of time. Let players have a way to group develop or at least exchange maps for co-editing. A team of 4 specializing in each part of creation could really blow minds. MORE MOBS for custom maps. 2000 x 2000 with full rooms will be virtually empty with the current mob limit, at least double the amount of mobs usable. I can't even develop maps of vast scale. They simply feel like empty vast rooms when you palce all mobs and have more than a few rooms.

AGREE

I am having that same problem with the maps, what im doing is breaking my main maps in several little ones for the sake of bloodshed. this way i can make the dungeon enctrance the corridors, the main hall, the boss pit and stuff, but i would be awesome to be able to just put averything together in a single map.

yeah rise the mob limit!!!

The offline foundry would be AWESOMEEEEEE i support you my friend!!!

Noili Kiburga
    :::THE DIRTY DOZEN:::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A few more ideas after this evening's session:
    1. 1-way teleporters, deactivable teleporters
    2. Raise the limits of sounds/encounters
    3. More variables to be added runtime to the dialogues. [Nickname] isn't just enough.
    4. Copied and pasted instances when in 3D shouldn't inherit the player's rotation but keep the original one. It's a bit messy to have to realign them, making the Copy+Paste functions unusable

• Options
    thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the bosses note, the Devs have said that bosses are harder to implement that imagined. Are they thinking of bosses like Dragons and Beholders?

Because I dont want bosses like that, I could never justify having a dragon in my 1-3 hour campaign, dragons need epic campaigns of a few days of playtime :P

When I say boss, i mean like the small early ones, Fleabottom, Honor, Guardian of the Nine. All they need is different attack patterns (like we allready have on individual mobs) and "boss" stats (basicly more health), they could function exactly like existing encounters, just in its own group (Easy, Standard, Hard, Boss). On Encounter properties let us toggle a small cutscene that zooms in and displays the Encounter name, when player enters X radius. And a toggle to display the combined health bar of units in the encounter (only one for Boss encounters).

Doing this, surely it cant be hard to program? While it doesnt allow us to fully customise Boss encounters, it gives us something at least :)

Also let us set override the agro range of mobs and/or encounters. I want my encounter to be spread out, covering a large room. But they dont all agro when I enter, only one at a time.

PS. Many have requested this before me, but I would like to jump on the bandwagon.. we need more assets! Currently we can only use assets (details, npcs, items, etc) that are in the official game.
    But while the coders are patching what are the concept artists, modelers and animators doing? I say, let them add all of the Wizards of the Coast Monster Manuals! We need giant rats, displacer beasts, umber hulks, vampires, shades, bats, ettins, treants. And "neutral"s like stags, deer, sheep, rabbits, mice, more birds, oxen, and fish!
    For decor/details, how about a real rowboat, more chairs, more doors, more tents, more banners, more signs, more everything!

Hey also why not do this... make a "Community modelling competition" to make famous D&D creatures! The winner(s) get their models imported into the foundry!
  • Options
    shylanakolaeshylanakolae Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's probably already been suggested a few times, but I'm also in favor of being able to set up cutscenes, like the ones you see in parts of the official content.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    +1 for cutscene objects (create object->Camera_Cutscene, choose kind of zoom, choose target, choose animation to play)
    +1 to configurable aggro radius and monster customization.

I can also think of new behaviors:
    "Flee" - the actor will flee and fade after a given time/trigger.
    "Friendly" - the actor will engage in combat with the player (its use could, and should, reduce the amount of EXP given, based on the power/damage dealt of the ally)

Triggers, we need triggers and trigger zones! :-/