test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sticky Please - Currently bugged/broken GF powers & feats

ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Broken Powers

Threatening Rush - (Power) - 3rd point cannot be allocated until level 40.

Villain's Menace (Power) - While under the effects of Villain's Menace, you do not seem to gain the speed buff of Into the Fray.

Knight's Valor (Power) - Occasionally when using this power it goes into a permanent cooldown and is unable to be used again.
Broken Feats

Shield Defense (Paragon/Protector) - Has been confirmed to be broken and they are implementing a fix soon.

Strength Focus (Heroic) - Many have reported it not working. No confirmation yet on whether it actually is broken or not. - Poster below verified this is not working.

Iron Guard (Paragon/Protector) - does not trigger if you use Stab or Shield Slam while blocking.

Martial Mastery (Paragon/Tactician) - Does not increase Action Points per each hit, is this applied once per second or how often? There seems to be no bonus based on your damage resistance either.

Armor Specialization (Tier 2 Heroic Feat)
- If someone is doing a respec or is in the process of leveling a GF, would you be able to check your stats before and after you apply this feat? This should be adjusting damage resistance I believe. Poster below sunk points into this and it either has a display issue and is not updating proper values on the character panel, or it is doing nothing whatsoever.

Other issues

Aggravating strike (Power, at will, used when blocking)
- Using Stab while blocking does not taunt targets like the tooltip states. Poster below tested this and it does not "taunt" the mob like we are familiar with; instead it is a hit with more threat. However, who is to say that during your test if you swung your sword 7-8 regular times that the mob might have gone on you anyways? Or did the healer have a ton of healing agro? In any case, the tooltip should not say taunt when it is not, in fact, taunting.

Threat Issues
- I'm just going to say that there are mixed opinions on this. Some love it, others dislike the mark mechanic/threat generation in the game. (There are enough debates going on about this; I think we can leave them to other threads)

+3/6/9% HP Feat
- Would be nice to have developer confirmation on whether this is supposed to be affected base hp (-items) or total hp (after items)

Power duration
- Most durations of powers are not shown (i.e. Knight's Valor increase buff time by +2 seconds. From what, exactly?)

Need testing on

Potent Challenge (Heroic Feat)
- This supposedly generates 5/10/15% more threat. I am not sure how to test this but I have tanked with and without this feat and it makes no difference. My theory is that GF do not have any base threat modifier to their attacks unless it specifically says so. So, a base strike does 1.0 damage and 1.0 threat. This feat would make it 1.0 damage and 1.15 threat. Which when your dps in the group are doing 5-6 damage and 5-6 threat the extra .15 does not help. Just my thoughts, anyone have input on it?

Daunting Challenge (Paragon/Tactician)
- This is supposed to make marked targets do 10% less damage to allies but full damage to you. I have suspicion that this is not being applied to marks put up by Threatening Assault (the at will charge/aoe mark power)

If there are more let's keep adding to this list and I will try to keep this post updated as best I can (Unless Cryptic takes over doing this)
Post edited by ceonnyn on

Comments

• fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a complete rework?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aldemmaldemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While under the effects of Villain's Menace, you do not seem to gain the speed buff of Into the Fray.

Using Stab while blocking does not taunt targets like the tooltip states.

Iron Guard (Paragon/Protector) does not trigger if you use Stab or Shield Slam while blocking.
  • joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Broken Powers

Stab (Power)
    - Using Stab while blocking does not taunt targets like the tooltip states.

if Stab(Power) you mean Aggravating strike(at will, used when blocking) its working, it dont mark(tab) targets, but taunt(more threat so they attack you) them.

Played in BW3 when agro holding was +- broken so now i tested most agro/threat skill and it work like tooltips say
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 bugs that may or may not be working as intended...

Marking is not considered a CC ability - though it acts as a taunt, damage reduction, and other debuffer depending on your build. Should it be a CC...

+%HP from Con and Feats only effect your Raw unmodified HP - HP added via gear are not effected. Bug or not?
  • aldemmaldemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joukuoj32 wrote: »
    if Stab(Power) you mean Aggravating strike(at will, used when blocking) its working, it dont mark(tab) targets, but taunt(more threat so they attack you) them.

Played in BW3 when agro holding was +- broken so now i tested most agro/threat skill and it work like tooltips say

You sure about that? I know it's a high-threat ability though I often see them sticking to other teammates still. Maybe I jut haven't noticed fully.

Also just did some tests and you don't get the entire Into the Fray buff at all while under Villain's Menace so no AP regen either.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Taunt and Threat Management - I think the amount of treat generated by a GF needs to be reviewed. In a lot of fights I find it nearly impossible to keep threat off of the healer. Even fully built Tactics... Now I am not talking Boss tanking because to be honest that is best done by anyone other than a GF. I am talking about managing adds 20-80+. For awhile I thought our problems were fixed until I got into T2 dungeons. Where DC tank better than GF and GF are more a liability than an asset. 2x DC better tank combo than a DC and a GF no question and they can hold threat MUCH better. Everyone in my last T2 we were at 8800-10k gear range and while i can get snap attention of the MOBs it only lasts for ~3 sec then they are back on the DC.
    edited May 2013
    aldemm wrote: »
    You sure about that? I know it's a high-threat ability though I often see them sticking to other teammates still. Maybe I jut haven't noticed fully.

Also just did some tests and you don't get the entire Into the Fray buff at all while under Villain's Menace so no AP regen either.

yes im sure with it. Testing was simple-without mark used cleave(didnt hold agro), without mark shift+left click and i hold agro actually without problems(ofc you must hit mobs, elites boss). Random test in world-elite was at half HP(healer was killing it) without mark got agro with Aggravating strike alone in 7-8hits

found that Hulk mobs are immune to everything only Enforced Threat work on them

i played in BW3(agro was really broken) so i took +15%threat feat, but did some tests without it and holding agro is fine
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Taunt and Threat Management - I think the amount of treat generated by a GF needs to be reviewed. In a lot of fights I find it nearly impossible to keep threat off of the healer. Even fully built Tactics... Now I am not talking Boss tanking because to be honest that is best done by anyone other than a GF. I am talking about managing adds 20-80+. For awhile I thought our problems were fixed until I got into T2 dungeons. Where DC tank better than GF and GF are more a liability than an asset. 2x DC better tank combo than a DC and a GF no question and they can hold threat MUCH better. Everyone in my last T2 we were at 8800-10k gear range and while i can get snap attention of the MOBs it only lasts for ~3 sec then they are back on the DC.

why you want tank with fully built Tactics(i assume its Tactican path) tree?
    actually dont know how you survive when all adds on you
  • skozenskozen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I checked my damage resistance, AC, and defense before and after every point I put in armor specialization, for each level I bought it. It changed nothing, all 3 times, even after opening and closing my character screen to check if it was just a display issue.

Strength focus likewise didn't do a **** thing, so for 6 of my 8 points I've invested in feats, I have gotten exactly nothing. I figure it's a beta and these things will be fixed, but I can heartily confirm that these two things are totally broken and nonfunctional.
    edited May 2013
    question is if feats are broken or only dont show up but actually give bonus(same with dwarfs racials, DoT resistance is still same like on other classes)
  • fptacklefptackle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well, that's really depressing to read. I mean, I don't have a problem with clerics tanking, I think having another tank option is great. But to find out that GF's are basically a liability.. That stinks.
  • dosu24dosu24 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quick question. Is Knights Valor broken? I been using it lately and it only works sometimes and sometimes it just says Still recharging like its on cooldown. I would have to switch up the skill when tehy happens. has this happen to anyone else
  • faratiafaratia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dosu24 wrote: »
    Quick question. Is Knights Valor broken? I been using it lately and it only works sometimes and sometimes it just says Still recharging like its on cooldown. I would have to switch up the skill when tehy happens. has this happen to anyone else

Knight's Valor is broken indeed. After a few times it will go into perma cooldown, with a shining line running around the botton, but you won't be able to use it.
    edited May 2013
    Threatening Rush - In PvP when you use this ability against someone running you tend to rubber band over and over. Often you do only go forward a few feet and bounce around (rubber band). I think the ability is having issues tracking moving targets.

Guarding and Moving - This is a tricky one... if you are guarding and move backwards out of combat you move backwards with your shield facing forward. Now if you enter combat and do the same action for a short time you move backwards but sometimes you start running away from your target (with your back to them). This is very troublesome when fighting mobs and give them CA. If there is a trick to always backup while guarding I having figured it out. I am not sure this is a bug but either way I find this behavior extremely annoying and deadly at times.
  • exill2exill2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    faratia wrote: »
    Knight's Valor is broken indeed. After a few times it will go into perma cooldown, with a shining line running around the botton, but you won't be able to use it.

I'll confirm Knight's Valor is broken as well. I haven't had much issue with the cool down but I do have issues with it not landing on party members. It appears to land on everyone initially and then quickly disappears from some members (and doesn't work if they don't have the buff icon/character glow). Below is a video of my party testing out the buff. I'll try to get a calm town video showing the casting inconsistency next.
    http://www.twitch.tv/mystaskratch/c/2254906
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Armor Specialization (Tier 2 Heroic Feat)
    - If someone is doing a respec or is in the process of leveling a GF, would you be able to check your stats before and after you apply this feat? This should be adjusting damage resistance I believe. Poster below sunk points into this and it either has a display issue and is not updating proper values on the character panel, or it is doing nothing whatsoever.

Just did a respec on a GWF rather than GF, but we have the same feat, made a separate threat since it's another class after all and it also affects our last feat in the Sentinel's tree (which hurts way more), with screenshots: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?208321-GWF-Armor-Specialization-and-Sentinel-s-Aegis-increase-Damage-Reduction-by-ZERO
  • rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    joukuoj32 wrote: »

Sorry, you can compare that taunt to the shout's taunt and see that the stab's one is non-existent (or really really really weak). When I use the shout that taunts all the mobs come rushing over me, however when I use the stab usually I don't even take aggro of the mob I've hit for 20 seconds. I was just drinking mah tea stabbing a boss and nothing was happening, he was still really pissed on that bloody rogue I guess.
  • aldonesxrcsaldonesxrcs Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Guarding and Moving - This is a tricky one... if you are guarding and move backwards out of combat you move backwards with your shield facing forward. Now if you enter combat and do the same action for a short time you move backwards but sometimes you start running away from your target (with your back to them). This is very troublesome when fighting mobs and give them CA. If there is a trick to always backup while guarding I having figured it out. I am not sure this is a bug but either way I find this behavior extremely annoying and deadly at times.

This reminds me: can someone tell me if it's a bug or not that sometimes I move forward in a short lunge when I stab over my shield, and sometimes I don't? It sort of seems like enemy unit blocking is meant to prevent me from moving forward, and scooting forward is what the attack does when no enemy is close enough to hit by standing still... but in practice, all it means is that the more surrounded by enemies I am, the more likely I am to start slowly rolling forward between them and allowing them to hit me from behind. Facing a single enemy, or a boss, I'll stay planted. But if four line up nicely and allow me to stab while shielded... I start drifting forward like I'm seeking someone who's out of range.
    I've taken frequently to using shield bash in these situations for extremely slow DPS, just to avoid this problem. But is it even intentional? How am I to know when I should expect my character to move in this way?

Also, I'd like to point out that several of the attacks that provide knockback will frequently embed enemies in walls, and sometimes even cause them to go dormant until approached. In one rare case, I stuck a boss in a wall, just long enough to confirm that he was nonresponsive afterwards, then used my charge attack to follow after him. Epic wall battle ensued. Kind of reminded me of how guardians in GW2 port themselves into rocks and things all the time.
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree needs to be stickied.

Add to the list, companion tanks can easily overwrite your mark meaning threat control is very hard! I will kick anyone who has a tank pet out in Epic dungeons because of this.
    edited May 2013
    Powerful Strike - The 5/5 Feat doesn't appear to be interrupting the target

Can anyone else verify this?
    edited May 2013
    Marking - It would seem that this would be considered a Control Power. However I have done a lot of testing on the practice dummy's and it is not. Is this as intended... I figured threat is by all definition a method of Control.

The reason I bring this up... Marking a target then using Crushing Pin or Battle Trample 5/5 Feats result in no bonuses.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Powerful Strike - The 5/5 Feat doesn't appear to be interrupting the target

Can anyone else verify this?

I have points in this as well.

In PVE, when you are fighting Wights that do an AOE lifedrain circle, if I hit them with this, I *believe* it is cancelling it but I am not sure yet. I gotta test some more.

In PVP I have not seen it do anything. I use it continually and I've seen no difference before or after using this feat.
  • keepitmethodkeepitmethod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have a glitch of my own, You can instantly reset the cooldown of Roar if you sprint at the end of the animation.

The first part of the video is a guide, but the at the end it shows the bug.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1D_zhKxl0s
    edited May 2013
    Into the Fray - Block meter regeneration seems to be acting a little strange. If I use Into the Fray right after my Block breaks sometimes it will regenerate just about 5% of the meter. Then just sit there. I try blocking again and it appears that I cannot block anymore. My meter indicates I still can block something however I cannot. In theory I should have my block being broken over and over. Though this does not occur...

This was testing in PvP fighting TR and GWF. I am not sure if they have an ability that can counter Into the Fray or mess with block regeneration.
  • quovanquovan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please sticky this.
  • velkiars121velkiars121 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Strength Focus (Heroic) - Many have reported it not working. No confirmation yet on whether it actually is broken or not. - Poster below verified this is not working.

I run a few minor test on this feat and maybe is just a tooltip error.

Cleave before
    NrGx0gO.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/zKF60VO.jpg
    Cleave after
    vloTnDd.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/zbnHqzG.jpg

Griffon's Wrath before
    YBhBGcu.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/YBhBGcu.jpg

Griffon's Wrath after
    9KzWi3d.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9KzWi3d.jpg
    There is no change in the character status window.

The defense one, Armor Specialization i don't have idea how to test it. But look like is broken.
  • kernaughkernaugh Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How hard can it be to add 1 more "if/for" loop in the game to add up those numbers ? Are the developers making fun of us ?

Half of my skills arent working, and i need to spend 200$ to take other skills, to test their game.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've updated my GWF thread about Armor Specialization and Sentinel's Aegis with a screenshot and some math, they seem to be working fine, just not showing in Character Sheet, same is likely the case for GF.
    edited May 2013
    kernaugh wrote: »
    How hard can it be to add 1 more "if/for" loop in the game to add up those numbers ? Are the developers making fun of us ?

Half of my skills arent working, and i need to spend 200$ to take other skills, to test their game.

Welcome to Open Beta...

ATM all patches have been aimed at stabilizing the game. I suspect in a few weeks they will get around to fixing some class issues. Well other than class issues that cause stability issues (like the PvP disconnect issue they just fixed).

My only question is... I really need to respec. though I am scared if i do I will screw myself because I have a feeling that a lot is going to change once they start fixing all our broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Meaning depending on your feats our mitigation is lower than it should be, our threat is lower than it should be, our hp are lower than it should be, etc
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    fptackle wrote: »
    Well, that's really depressing to read. I mean, I don't have a problem with clerics tanking, I think having another tank option is great. But to find out that GF's are basically a liability.. That stinks.

Dont listen to him. Does GF have some issues? Yes.
    Could epic dungeon boss fight encounters be tweaked (decrease adds) to better appeal to traditional tanking? Yes.

But despite his wild assertions that GF's are a liability there are obviously people making it work well for them.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?176972-Rokuthy-s-Hybrid-Tanking-Build-(GF)-for-End-Game-PvE-(and-PvP)-content
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quovan wrote: »
    Please sticky this.

Is there some way I should request that this get a sticky? I put it in the title but maybe I have to pm a request to a moderator or something?