test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the Sound

fanboysmustdiefanboysmustdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Tired of my sound ques not firing. A music / ambient sound less room is pretty dry.
Post edited by fanboysmustdie on

Comments

• Options
    shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about, instead of demanding as if you are entitled to the game...

You make a suggestion.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
  • Options
    fanboysmustdiefanboysmustdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry. Posted when I was a bit grumpy. :)
  • Options
    glumm66glumm66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping this is at the top of the fix list. I have a quest ready to publish, but it just doesn't work without sound.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The sound has been broken way too long. They seriously do need to fix this asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    archmageilmrynarchmageilmryn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad to see that the broken sound isn't just me being incompetent at making quests at least..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still waiting on them to fix the sound. What's up with this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really glad to see this thread. It was driving me crazy! All the sounds were working fine in the Foundry, but when it's played from within the game none of the sound queues were firing. The only sounds were those made by creatures or inherently part of placeable objects. Nothing used as a placed sound worked -- triggered or otherwise. Nor did the map's ambient background override.

Very frustrating! But it's good to know I'm not alone. :)
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm, is there a liaison between the Foundry devs and this forum? If the sound is broken I do wonder how many other things are broken as well. As posted above, since I do not quite know how to use the Foundry I do not know if something is working or not.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I put I don't know how many bug request in when I was beta testing the Foundry, still no love. :(
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There isn't really any need to report this bug to Cryptic. They are well aware of it and have been working on a fix since a week before headstart.

On the other hand, maybe some extra reports would make them prioritize it higher.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    There isn't really any need to report this bug to Cryptic. They are well aware of it and have been working on a fix since a week before headstart.

On the other hand, maybe some extra reports would make them prioritize it higher.

Trying to make all the noise about this that I can. I REALLY want this fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No idea why this isnt fixed already. Music and Sound is a crucial part in creating atmosphere.
  • Options
    denuidenui Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope this problem will be fixed soon. My Whisper's Castle is without whispers :P
    My Foundry quest: Whisper's Castle
  • Options
    inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    lol I was taring my hair out trying to figure out why my sound stopped working. I mean, I set it up. tried it out and it worked. Then when I tried it again. it had stopped working. I tried for hours to find out what I did to make it not work... Glad it wasn't magic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still waiting on the music/sounds to get fixed. I don't even feel like working on my second quest right now because I'm so discouraged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please guys...it's been a long time that this has been broken on publish.
    Can we get an eta on a fix? The new quest I'm working on is really great...with sound. Without, it falls a little flat.

Thanks for everything on the foundry, I really appreciate it. But this sound issue has been a killer. I think a lot of quests would benefit significantly if this triggered properly. I see this as a major issue for the overall feel of everyone's work.
  • Options
    nezziepooh101nezziepooh101 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get a bug where the sound works fine in Foundry, but when published the sound is missing.

Is this apart of the same bug?
  • Options
    varnavarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a mission nearing completion and I will absolutely not publish it until the sound is fixed. Sound FX and music triggers are one of the most powerful tools we have in our toolbox for storytelling in the Foundry, and having them simply not work is a really rotten situation for anyone who has made extensive use of them in the editor.

I understand that things take time to fix, but a simple acknowledgement or status update is not a lot to ask for.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    varna wrote: »
    I have a mission nearing completion and I will absolutely not publish it until the sound is fixed. Sound FX and music triggers are one of the most powerful tools we have in our toolbox for storytelling in the Foundry, and having them simply not work is a really rotten situation for anyone who has made extensive use of them in the editor.

I understand that things take time to fix, but a simple acknowledgement or status update is not a lot to ask for.

I'm also not publishing anything until sound is fixed. The silence totally kills the atmospheres I've worked so hard to build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It would also be nice to get a status update on the matter. I'd love to know that they are actually working on fixing it and not just rushing to design another $40 mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    goochballzgoochballz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix this...music and sound fx are essential.
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree, I need my sounds in my module. Makes a good story even better! ^_^
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    It would also be nice to get a status update on the matter. I'd love to know that they are actually working on fixing it and not just rushing to design another $40 mount.

Heck, I'll pay $40 to unlock sounds in my foundry quests if that's what it takes.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way i can get 90% of my sounds working in game is by using triggers, when you walk into a marker it triggers the looping music or coughing, I just wish they could add the ability to adjust how often a none looping sound can play or how many times it can be triggered when running threw the marker.

As of right now the sleeping girl in the camp only snores once when you run past her, after that it'll never play again from that marker.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    mrglad8mrglad8 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My sound works perfect, but you mean when I publish my map the sound disappears?
    For example, I have one conversation that triggers an explosion nearby.. It works find when I try the map in the foundry.. but you mean that explosion-sound wont be there when I publish it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yup, it all goes away in the published version.
  • Options
    watever2watever2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bollox! I wish I had read this thread before I spent an hour making nice sound cues for my map.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No no, that time you spent was well spent. When sound is fixed, your quest will instantly utilize it.
  • Options
    nurvusnurvus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    Heck, I'll pay $40 to unlock sounds in my foundry quests if that's what it takes.

Don't give them ideas like that.

Now seriously, the sounds work perfectly fine when you play the quest from your editor.
    But when someone plays it "live", the sound "triggers" are all messed up.

For example, I got 2x Sounds hooked to Boss 1 music.
    They "start" when the objective to kill a specific encounter begins.
    They "end" when the objective to kill a specific encounter ends.
    There are multiple other boss sounds for specific encounters "hooked" the same way.
    For the most part, each area has an ambient sound - not a music.

When playing it from the Editor, they work exactly as they are intended to.
    When playing the Published version, I hear the Boss 1 music from the start to end.

So something happens in the "publish" phase that breaks the triggers.
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry team is working on the sound issue with the help of the world build team. These are 2 groups of programmers that are very busy. We are actively working on this issue but some issues like Foundry crashes, publish fails and server stability have taken a higher priority. The Foundry team does not handle other game features. They are not working on things like that next cool mount.

Your time taken to place the sounds is not a waste. We will get this issue addressed and your quests will be sounding as great as they play. Thanks for hanging in there. I understand if there is some frustration. This has been an issue for a bit now. We are working on it.