test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the Sound

2»

Comments

• drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry team is working on the sound issue with the help of the world build team. These are 2 groups of programmers that are very busy. We are actively working on this issue but some issues like Foundry crashes, publish fails and server stability have taken a higher priority. The Foundry team does not handle other game features. They are not working on things like that next cool mount.

Your time taken to place the sounds is not a waste. We will get this issue addressed and your quests will be sounding as great as they play. Thanks for hanging in there. I understand if there is some frustration. This has been an issue for a bit now. We are working on it.

Thank you for the update RoBoBo, can't wait for it to work.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed - this has been an ongoing issue and Robobo and Cryptic team are well aware of it.

We also need to remember this is open beta - the bazillions of new users now in-game are putting stress-test on never before stress-tested areas, there are serious bugs and issues that need to be fixed, the Cryptic teams are working 150 hours a week to solve this stuff.

On top of that, this issue can only be solved through multiple, unrelated Dev teams who will have to cooperate with each other, and surely they each have their own show-stopper and serious issues to deal with for the time being, not to even mention anything that will require cross-department bug-sleuthing.

Furthermore, as frustrating as this glitch is, we also need to remember is it strictly an "experience" issue, not a show-stopper,not a crashing scenario, not a bug that prevents anything in the way of gameplay, purchasing or lost items. It's only sound.

I agree this is hugely, nay: massively frustrating for Foundry Authors, but I think it's fair to say hey, let's be patient, allow Cryptic to quash the really genuinely serious stuff. I'm sure this one is pretty high on the "non-critical" to-do list as it is right now.

@Robobo - the Silverstars and Alphas *know* how busy you are. Thanks for being able to make the time to pop-in a little update. And thanks for all your hard work, whatever it is they're paying you - it probably isn't fair enough. :)
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry team is working on the sound issue with the help of the world build team. These are 2 groups of programmers that are very busy. We are actively working on this issue but some issues like Foundry crashes, publish fails and server stability have taken a higher priority. The Foundry team does not handle other game features. They are not working on things like that next cool mount.

Your time taken to place the sounds is not a waste. We will get this issue addressed and your quests will be sounding as great as they play. Thanks for hanging in there. I understand if there is some frustration. This has been an issue for a bit now. We are working on it.

Thanks for the update. I'll just use this time to keep working on my quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]