Options

Kartofflens GWF destroyer compendium

124»

Comments

• Options
    mazliemazlie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rasmusep wrote: »
    Is sure strike or great weapon strike to be used as main "at will" attack?

Great weapon strike, the debuff it puts can be stacked on multiple targets and makes your at will attacks hurt more. If you're focusing on a single target then you use great weapon strike to apply the debuff and then use sure strike once or twice before refreshing the debuff
  • Options
    khraktikhrakti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theres a guy on twitch who has a saved gwf vid titled like '10k gs gwf answers questions' and he had a drow gwf, but said ultimately a human would be a solid choice since u can go 3/3 in that one feat that gives you 15% more armor, add on humans 3% more armor, then the one feat that turns your armor into power. So it seems a human could get 18% of their armor added to power. Of course any spec can grab those 3 points but with his build he didn't have it. So I guess for min/maxing or something along those lines a human is a solid choice. Tieflings are good too for the 5% dmg increase on targets below 50% hp, which equates to 5 extra strength points when your target dips that low (wiki says GWF get 1% dmg per point of strength over 10, so 5% dmg would be 5 str points.

It's just number crunching theory crafting or something but it seems right to me. Havn't pvp'd yet but I think a tiefling would be a good choice too for the chance to lower attackers power when you get hit.
  • Options
    kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tieflings are extremely well-versed in all aspect of the game as of right now. they might not have the same stats as others, but potential to decrease power and be number one damage dealer when target is under 50% health is not to be laughed at. However, in pvp, at higher levels, that 50% hp is not something you would use on a GWF. You would have much better use for it on a rogue that will almost burst down a single target in a fast rotation. That becomes harder for the GWF. At least in PVP.
  • Options
    sherkkkansherkkkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone explain to me these GWF feats? Focused destroyer and Powerfull Challenge
    First, grants a stack of what? And second what does it mean 'marked' targets
  • Options
    xlocustaxlocusta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is this for pve?
  • Options
    chuckmukitchuckmukit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey kartofflen, can u please upload some pics of your gear plus ur ability point distribution.
    and what was the race u play with gwf
  • Options
    kailan1982kailan1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chuckmukit wrote: »
    hey kartofflen, can u please upload some pics of your gear plus ur ability point distribution.
    and what was the race u play with gwf

I would also love to see some screenshots of youre feat and power point distrubtion.
  • Options
    chuckmukitchuckmukit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kailan1982 wrote: »
    I would also love to see some screenshots of youre feat and power point distrubtion.

he already posted that

Feat choices: human bonus feat starred

5/5 Unstoppable action
    3/3 Disciple of strength
    3/3 endless assault
    5/5 steely defense
    3/3 devastating critical
    1/3 weapon mastery
    *3/3 Armor specialization ( needs to be fixed currently the tool tip does not update the 15% not sure if the feat isnt working or if just does not apply the number to your character sheet)
    5/5 Great weapon focus
    5/5 Deep gash
    5/5 Staying power
    5/5 Battle awareness
    5/5 Disciple of war (This feat can be interchanged before you get the end tier armor which has a lot of recovery on it, with 5/5 unstoppable recovery)
    1/1 Destroyer's purpose
    5/5 Student of the sword

Power set up for lvl 60

Steadfast determination
    Steel blitz
    Roar
    Flourish
    Indomitable battle strike
    Slam
    Crescendo
    Sure strike
    Master strike
  • Options
    plortplort Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm wondering if I should use roar/daring shout/restoring strike, and whether or not to use weapon master in place of steadfast determination. I guess to break it down, roar is better for determination than daring shout, right? Plus roar does damage, but I guess all daring shout has on roar is buff on yourself and debuff on enemy. Restoring strike just got cooldown reduced in patch, so I figured that might be a good dps increase, but if I go roar/daring shout should I use weapon master, and restoring strike with steadfast? I'm just not sure which to use now
  • Options
    arashiwatanabearashiwatanabe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Punctuation.
    The guide needs it badly.
    The guide didn't feel remotely close to being finished, it's not very in depth, it just comes of as raw information.
    Good luck with it though. But a tip for the future is that if you want to make a guide that people will read.
    I'd suggest spending more than an hour writing it.
  • Options
    splattrsplattr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Punctuation.
    The guide needs it badly.
    The guide didn't feel remotely close to being finished, it's not very in depth, it just comes of as raw information.
    Good luck with it though. But a tip for the future is that if you want to make a guide that people will read.
    I'd suggest spending more than an hour writing it.
    The date on the guide is 4/29/13. That is 5 days after headstart began. Given the timeframe I doubt he had much more info to give us. So, unless you really want to come off as a d-bag, I would suggest you have an idea of what you are talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Options
    spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a display of this build made on http://nwcalc.com/ to have a fast overview ?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    tiborggtiborgg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can I also follow this guide while being a tiefling race? If no, what do I have to edit (for myself, in the guide).