test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What to do with GOLD

2»

Comments

• vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like for identification scrolls to be purchasable with Gold again. This would provide a very indirect way for us to convert gold into diamonds. If you identify an item and are able to sell it on the broker than you have essentially traded gold, in what it costs to id, for diamonds.

A gold to AD lottery would be cool too, but I don't want to see a direct exchange of gold to AD.

All die, so die well.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add a 1 Zen = 1 Copper Shop :rolleyes::cool::p
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like for identification scrolls to be purchasable with Gold again. This would provide a very indirect way for us to convert gold into diamonds. If you identify an item and are able to sell it on the broker than you have essentially traded gold, in what it costs to id, for diamonds.

A gold to AD lottery would be cool too, but I don't want to see a direct exchange of gold to AD.

I hope they realy work on something because I realy feel that the way it is right now is not working for gold and overall game economy.
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

edited May 2013
    Can we have any dev or at least an employee respond to that thread ?

• pvtgomerpylepvtgomerpyle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As of now, aside from potions, mounts, and crafting mats, gold doesnt exactly have any other uses right? So correct me if im wrong, AD/zen is the real currency thats worth anything? Im relatively new to the game, so forgive me for my noo-b(i cant believe that word is censored) questions.
  • infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    If you made gold tradable for AD then no one will trade Zen for AD. Then you get a flood of gold from chinese farmers selling it through 3rd party web sites, taking the profit out of the game. Anyone who voted trade gold for AD is an idiot, and knows nothing about business.
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    who sais they don't touch pots are rogues that when runs a dungeon don't touch the pots because they rely on the cleric like on a hp fountain, while the cleric must drink like a crazy river which is not fair.

I'm lvl 42 and i have only 5 gold atm because i spend all my cash on kits and potions. I don't have a guild and i run dungeons with random parties, which usually are unorganised and chaotic and they don't give a **** on cleric until he/she dies...but when she died they panic because all the team dies after her.

So yeah, devs should reconsider the huge amount of aggro the cleric gets, they said they did this to make clerics spend their cash...well seems that cleric and GWF are the only ones to spend the gold on potions and kits! Which is lame.
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    who sais they don't touch pots are rogues that when runs a dungeon don't touch the pots because they rely on the cleric like on a hp fountain, while the cleric must drink like a crazy river which is not fair.

I'm lvl 42 and i have only 5 gold atm because i spend all my cash on kits and potions. I don't have a guild and i run dungeons with random parties, which usually are unorganised and chaotic and they don't give a **** on cleric until he/she dies...but when she died they panic because all the team dies after her.

So yeah, devs should reconsider the huge amount of aggro the cleric gets, they said they did this to make clerics spend their cash...well seems that cleric and GWF are the only ones to spend the gold on potions and kits! Which is lame.

I dont like to say this but this is a balancing issue that have nothing to do with this thread :(
    And by the way rogue do spend potion, most likely when they solo tough .. But not enought too sink out their gold (well for me)

• pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let respecs be bought with it.
  • vyssalarevyssalare Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »

Reminds me of DDO. Clerics were expected to use wands for healing. Hopefully the community goes the same way (party members help supply clerics with wands/pots). It's only fair that the person who is forced to tank & pot spam gets help from the dps they are protecting.
  • pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stabbs123 wrote: »
    pasakur wrote: »
    You have good intentions and all.But dude common TINKING and MABY?You can spell traditional and harder words but you can't spell thinking or maybe.Are you freaking kidding me.I had to face palm my dog when I read this post.And if you're gonna say english is not my first language.That is not an excuse,because english is some people's 3rd-4th language and they can freaking spell maybe and thinking.You "clirly waz not tinking" when you wrote this thread.
    No need to start bashing the spelling. He has a point. Gold is nigh on useless to everyone except those poor fellows playing GWF, to which it becomes their literal life line.

P.s. As the written word means so much to you. It's Come on, Comon (slang) or even c'mon, not common (different meaning). There are spaces after full stops, commas and question marks. 'Are you freaking kidding me.' Should probably have a question mark at the end, as I'm assuming its rhetorical. :)

Not to mention he won't put a space between his periods and the start of his sentences. That was a bit visually off putting as well :p
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matzera wrote: »
    I guess you've never played a GWF. Due to not having an "immunity" hitbox on our dodge, we tend to take extra shorts from short cast animation boss attacks and such. This means that we end up pounding a LOT more potions to assist our clerics than many other classes. That being said I do keep a reserve of gold, but it's generally maintained at a level, roughly 50 gold. This means that i'm gaining equally as much as I'm spending and i'm perfectly okay with this.

About the only suggestion I would make would be to change Identification scrolls from being purchased for AD to being purchased for gold, I think that a certain level of consistency needs to be in place, and to generalize all consumables to cost gold is a great way to do that.

As it stands for a new player, they have no idea what items should and could cost what currencies, as there is a certain level of randomness of what costs gold and what costs AD.

yup i stopped picking up ANY green item and some blues due to the price of the scrolls and the fact that lvl 60 scroll havent dropped for me yet is quite odd. seems like a ploy to get me to spend AD to identify useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    edited May 2013
    vyssalare wrote: »
    Reminds me of DDO. Clerics were expected to use wands for healing. Hopefully the community goes the same way (party members help supply clerics with wands/pots). It's only fair that the person who is forced to tank & pot spam gets help from the dps they are protecting.

I agree totaly

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a missing option: an auction house working with gold.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is already quite easy to trade gold for AD by using the Auction House to sell items purchased from vendors for gold. Especially kits, potions, companions and mounts. I have been concentrating more on the opposite task however. I have been buying stuff on AH I can vendor for gold. AD are easy to get. Gold is more difficult to come by.
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    There's a missing option: an auction house working with gold.

i know, i added it in the main post but too bad cant add in the poll once its started : )

• jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't used gold for anything so far. I have a lvl 60 CW and a lvl 11 Cleric. I have around 55 gold sitting with no use for it.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    saintxii wrote: »
    When you have to stock up on 8500hp health pots and major injury kits. Your gold will be dwindle quickly....

It sure can and it sure will.
    edited May 2013
    Put more stuff in the market for gold 98
    Make it tradable for AD 148
    Leave it as it is 23

I think it speak for itself...

edited May 2013
    Admin ? Dev ? anyone from PW ?

• zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alabuck wrote: »
    if your a crafter like me i spend my gold on the crafting mats and assets but what kills me is if i want to make a decent item I have to buy the booster packs off the zen market...why not put those on the vendor for gold. Crafting is what ran me off from WoW and I'm none to happy with the deal going on with the booster packs here.

Yes, I also hope they start selling higher quality Assets for gold.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I also would like to see ID kits and those teleport scrolls for gold. I can't believe a single teleport scroll costs 4000 AD. That's more then a single daily for one!

It's kind of interesting to think that it was designed to be anti-gold farming if that really was the plan. It does kind of work out to be that way since it means botting and farming mobs isn't useful at all.