test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What to do with GOLD

js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please note that you can vote multiple choice here.

So here we go, wish the dev look at this and see what player base want
(more idea could be added to this thread and of course ill read and take note of every comment)

One sure thing, they NEED to make it tradable trough mail.... Why isn't it possible anyway ?

Note that the idea in the poll have been thinked real fast...

1: Lottery
How about 1/5 chance to win 10k AD with a price of 1gold per ticket ?
Maby a more traditional lotery where we sell 10k ticket at 1gold each for a 1/10k chance to win 100k AD ?

2: Add more stuff for sales to the market.
There i dont realy know why but still.. make the gold usefull somehow ?

3:Make it tradable for AD
I was tinking about 1gold for 10k AD, maby im mad ? maby 5k i dont know...

4:Keep it as it is
This option is good for people that just want to keep their money in their poket and not be using it.

After the gold are usefull, maby would be a good idea to choose the Auction house if we want to sell for gold or AH...

Same the other way around, well i have too much gold lets buy stuff and sell them back for AD and so on, I think could help the economy run a little and by the same way drop the gold from the game (by the Auction house price to put stuff on and the rate they take out of sold item)
Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

Post edited by js3b on

Comments

• matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As it stands I enjoy having a currency more or less reserved for potions, injury kits and "consumables" Means you aren't spending all of your currency min/maxing your gear only to be left with little to nothing to support your dungeon runs and such.
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matzera wrote: »
    As it stands I enjoy having a currency more or less reserved for potions, injury kits and "consumables" Means you aren't spending all of your currency min/maxing your gear only to be left with little to nothing to support your dungeon runs and such.
    i agree but what about the leftovers? I mean if you spend more gold than you gain, i think you need to fix your build.. :P

• matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    i agree but what about the leftovers? I mean if you spend more gold than you gain, i think you need to fix your build.. :P

I guess you've never played a GWF. Due to not having an "immunity" hitbox on our dodge, we tend to take extra shorts from short cast animation boss attacks and such. This means that we end up pounding a LOT more potions to assist our clerics than many other classes. That being said I do keep a reserve of gold, but it's generally maintained at a level, roughly 50 gold. This means that i'm gaining equally as much as I'm spending and i'm perfectly okay with this.

About the only suggestion I would make would be to change Identification scrolls from being purchased for AD to being purchased for gold, I think that a certain level of consistency needs to be in place, and to generalize all consumables to cost gold is a great way to do that.

As it stands for a new player, they have no idea what items should and could cost what currencies, as there is a certain level of randomness of what costs gold and what costs AD.
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • beamanbrbeamanbr Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm up to level 49 on my rogue and haven't bought a single potion... I use them sometimes, but still have like 150. I can see the game is getting harder, but find it hard to believe I'll ever run out since they drop so often. Gold has been piling up un-used since 20.

Either the game is going to get ridiculously harder soon, or else you're saying that one class needs to spend their money on potions while another does not. (Which sucks for GWF?)
  • alabuckalabuck Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if your a crafter like me i spend my gold on the crafting mats and assets but what kills me is if i want to make a decent item I have to buy the booster packs off the zen market...why not put those on the vendor for gold. Crafting is what ran me off from WoW and I'm none to happy with the deal going on with the booster packs here.
    edited May 2013
    I guess you've never played a GWF. Due to not having an "immunity" hitbox on our dodge, we tend to take extra shorts from short cast animation boss attacks and such. This means that we end up pounding a LOT more potions to assist our clerics than many other classes. That being said I do keep a reserve of gold, but it's generally maintained at a level, roughly 50 gold. This means that i'm gaining equally as much as I'm spending and i'm perfectly okay with this.

About the only suggestion I would make would be to change Identification scrolls from being purchased for AD to being purchased for gold, I think that a certain level of consistency needs to be in place, and to generalize all consumables to cost gold is a great way to do that.

As it stands for a new player, they have no idea what items should and could cost what currencies, as there is a certain level of randomness of what costs gold and what costs AD.

Well to be honest i didn't try the GWD but from what i tried so far I didnt buy a single potion and I tried TR and Mage.. And i more than often get the agro but end up moving away from big damage boss do (because yeah they all have a slow attack move that anyone could evade even w/o the shift usage.. If GWF have an issue witch make em less stronger, because lets get real they're alway on the bottom of the damage ranking (even the GF and the Cleric do better, from what i see), well thats another discussion :(
    alabuck wrote: »
    if your a crafter like me i spend my gold on the crafting mats and assets but what kills me is if i want to make a decent item I have to buy the booster packs off the zen market...why not put those on the vendor for gold. Crafting is what ran me off from WoW and I'm none to happy with the deal going on with the booster packs here.

to be honest im not REALY into crafting so far my crafting have not got higer than lvl 3 but surely will.. This thread come from LOTS of words about gold behing useless more than my personal view about it.. Still Your suposed to make gold of crafting not loose any right ? Or make AD at least!? Because if not i mean what the point of crafting ? But i think thats another discussion :P

• pasakurpasakur Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

(more idea could be added to this thread and of course ill read and take note of every comment)

One sure thing, they NEED to make it tradable trough mail.... Why isn't it possible anyway ?

Maby a more traditional lotery where we sell 10k ticket at 1gold each for a 1/10k chance to win 100k AD ?

This option is good for people that just want to keep their money in their poket and not be using it.

You have good intentions and all.But dude common TINKING and MABY?You can spell traditional and harder words but you can't spell thinking or maybe.Are you freaking kidding me.I had to face palm my dog when I read this post.And if you're gonna say english is not my first language.That is not an excuse,because english is some people's 3rd-4th language and they can freaking spell maybe and thinking.You "clirly waz not tinking" when you wrote this thread.
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    When you have to stock up on 8500hp health pots and major injury kits. Your gold will be dwindle quickly....
  • stabbs123stabbs123 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pasakur wrote: »
    You have good intentions and all.But dude common TINKING and MABY?You can spell traditional and harder words but you can't spell thinking or maybe.Are you freaking kidding me.I had to face palm my dog when I read this post.And if you're gonna say english is not my first language.That is not an excuse,because english is some people's 3rd-4th language and they can freaking spell maybe and thinking.You "clirly waz not tinking" when you wrote this thread.

No need to start bashing the spelling. He has a point. Gold is nigh on useless to everyone except those poor fellows playing GWF, to which it becomes their literal life line.

P.s. As the written word means so much to you. It's Come on, Comon (slang) or even c'mon, not common (different meaning). There are spaces after full stops, commas and question marks. 'Are you freaking kidding me.' Should probably have a question mark at the end, as I'm assuming its rhetorical. :)
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    imo, it must stay as it is and everything sold by AD to be sold by Gold too... So one chooses which currency he wants to gather rather than being forced into daily quests that make no sense at all

PS: AD being the main and only coin for AH, of course...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • beamanbrbeamanbr Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stabbs123 wrote: »
    No need to start bashing the spelling. He has a point. Gold is nigh on useless to everyone except those poor fellows playing GWF, to which it becomes their literal life line.

P.s. As the written word means so much to you. It's Come on, Comon (slang) or even c'mon, not common (different meaning). There are spaces after full stops, commas and question marks. 'Are you freaking kidding me.' Should probably have a question mark at the end, as I'm assuming its rhetorical. :)

Oh ****! Dem's fightin words! SPELL OFF! SPELL OFF! SPELL OFF!
    edited May 2013

i clearly don't care about what you think about my spelling this is not an essay, and you're right it's not my first language wether you care or not.. I'd like to see you spell mine! ;)

edited May 2013
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    imo, it must stay as it is and everything sold by AD to be sold by Gold too... So one chooses which currency he wants to gather rather than being forced into daily quests that make no sense at all

PS: AD being the main and only coin for AH, of course...

you see instoring an gold ah didn't come to my mind since well who would sell their stuff for gold right now anyway ? :(

• iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...

Within the first ten words, 'common'.

I had to face palm my goat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    you see instoring an gold ah didn't come to my mind since well who would sell their stuff for gold right now anyway ? :(

well, that keeps gold from losing value, not having players using it in AH, even tho only having AD to purchase some vital stuff's also hurting, I think it should be free for choice, at least from NPCs, so PvE oriented ppl would go pure PvE instead of dealing with annoying in-game economics, and economic addicted people would still have their fun, that's about it I guess
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
    edited May 2013
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    well, that keeps gold from losing value, not having players using it in AH, even tho only having AD to purchase some vital stuff's also hurting, I think it should be free for choice, at least from NPCs, so PvE oriented ppl would go pure PvE instead of dealing with annoying in-game economics, and economic addicted people would still have their fun, that's about it I guess

exactly !!!

• cett2cett2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voted exchange for AD or AD>gold :)
  • misterjunmisterjun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Totally agreed.
    It is absolutely arbitrary that ID scrolls are being sold using ADs.
  • xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013

So what's your excuse for ****ty grammar and spelling? "But dude common" oh dear lord.... ever heard of this English saying? The pot calling the kettle black ?

YOU "clirly waz not tinking" when you typed in your response.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be careful asking for gold sinks. You may get what you ask for.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe the Auction house could use a gold bid option with an AD buyout feature.
  • rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

After the gold are usefull, maby would be a good idea to choose the Auction house if we want to sell for gold or AH...

Same the other way around, well i have too much gold lets buy stuff and sell them back for AD and so on, I think could help the economy run a little and by the same way drop the gold from the game (by the Auction house price to put stuff on and the rate they take out of sold item)

at 60 you have no gold.. you spend it all on healing potions and injury heals for dungeons..
  • thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Make it useful, and tradeable for assets and services?

Y'know, a "currency", of sorts?

Telling us something is valuable because you painted it gold only works for so long, and then people figure out its basically worthless.

Then they make a soj-based economy.

This is old news; currency is valuable because of what it DOES, and because PEOPLE say it has value, not because some authority figure hands down a decree from on high.

Also, lol @ "trade it for AD". Great, make AD more worthless, faster. The only reason AD really has any value, it can be traded for Zen. Zen has value, AD is inflating steadily; how long til its completely worthless?
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's always funny to see non-60's talking about uses for gold. When you run your epics, you'll see a use for it.
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    It's always funny to see non-60's talking about uses for gold. When you run your epics, you'll see a use for it.

You know that pve is not the only thing people want to do, and if you want gold tell me i will gladly buy you AD that you get from your daily dungeon run ;)

• muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm keeping mine to have cast into a lifesized statue of a Neo Otyugh fountain that dispenses a different type of Ale from each of its tentacles.
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    I'm keeping mine to have cast into a lifesized statue of a Neo Otyugh fountain that dispenses a different type of Ale from each of its tentacles.

Well thats your choice, but you dont have any land to put that on !

edited May 2013
    So far 75/117 said would like it tradable on ah
    while 50/117 said would need more stuff that we can buy with gold

Lottery was not a realy good idead with 16/117
    And 12/117 want it to stay like it is...

To dev: I think the message is clear and that you need to do something, obviously what to do is in your decision to make but you gotta do something.
    With mostly 105 please so far :P

• muspelfulmuspelful Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    If running out of gold isn't a concern, then it's not really a currency, just an extra trip to the shopkeeper every once in a while.

They could just give everyone unlimited consumables and remove gold from the game, and it wouldn't affect much of anything. I'm not opposed to have gold exist, but if it does, then it should matter in some way.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    misterjun wrote: »
    Totally agreed.
    It is absolutely arbitrary that ID scrolls are being sold using ADs.
    I agree, the scrolls are more valuable than the green items you use them on. Scrolls should be available for gold.