test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Respec Thread (renamed)

2»

Comments

• kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    We're in the same game. If they didn't affect me, this wouldn't be an mmo.

Stop_liking_things_I_don't_like.jpg

If you were somehow unique, this wouldn't be an MMO either.
    Hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of players in your game world... and you wanna complain about "cookie cutter" builds.

Its not 1999-2002 anymore. Those days are long dead.
  • mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, gold or AD for respecs, forcing us to pay for them is a low-blow and makes me lose a lot of respect for Cryptic.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am not fond of cash shops, but it is their game and they are free to charge what they like.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    Stop_liking_things_I_don't_like.jpg

If you were somehow unique, this wouldn't be an MMO either.
    Hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of players in your game world... and you wanna complain about "cookie cutter" builds.

Its not 1999-2002 anymore. Those days are long dead.

Ironic. But you've entirely missed the point.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kayl72kayl72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even mind that it cost AD to respec feats. My problem is the cost scaling so high with levels. Ive been trying to respec my GWF the past 10 levels. Only doing dailys to get AD's and Skrimish events I keep leveling making the price rise faster then I can earn AD's.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Might be easier to reroll, leveling is quick.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When you have a pve game with threat and a pvp game with arenas then respeccing becomes extremely important.

Can the devs themselves tell me with a straight face that $6 respec is fun or reasonable considering this?

Sure maybe other f2p games have it. I played one called Priston Tale, but it didn't have both a robust pve and pvp so builds weren't that important. Even then you could still respec for free once in awhile.

So in this game you pick up threat talents that will severely gimp you in pvp and you have a system where you are encouraged to do all the content to do dailies. Sure you can still do it, but I don't consider that fun.

This game has fairly robust talent options with multiple paragon paths that's not even implemented yet and even the diehards surely must admit that trying out different builds eventually would be something fun? Personally trying all the different classes and builds is like 90% of the fun for me and that's besides the simple fact of doing pve and pvp.

Of all the over-priced items in this game, this is the one thing that really kills it for me. The final straw. No amount of farming diamonds is adequate and continuously saying it's free to play with such a caveat is false advertising. I'm certain I'm not the only person that will be driven away from this game over respecs.

I would consider buying respec slots, but not just to respec. You already have keys that serve as perpetual money sinks and surely you can add other things to help generate revenue, but please do not do this with respecs. It completely kills the fun.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nobody is stopping you from coming up with a creative build that works for both PVP and PVE.
    Use your damned head instead of relying on guides.

The problem is we can't experiment when the cost to do so is so high. At the moment we can only really copy guides unless we want to risk having to pay $6 (or more).
  • tracilordstracilords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    The game is free, geesh ... give these threads a rest already.
    newtenacioussig.png
    Casually Accomplished since 2009 ** WEBSITE ** COMMUNITY CHARTER
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tracilords wrote: »
    The game is free, geesh ... give these threads a rest already.

No. This is the most expensive game I have ever played. "F2P" does not mean "free". It means you can play it at a basic level for free but if you want to enjoy a similar level of play as you do in a game that costs $60 (with no sub-thus basically free for me) you have to pay thousands of dollars.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    No. This is the most expensive game I have ever played. "F2P" does not mean "free". It means you can play it at a basic level for free but if you want to enjoy a similar level of play as you do in a game that costs $60 (with no sub-thus basically free for me) you have to pay thousands of dollars.

Thousands!

Did you know that majorly exaggerating doesn't help you make a point? Quite the opposite.
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Thousands!

Did you know that majorly exaggerating doesn't help you make a point? Quite the opposite.

Unfortunately not exaggerating. In another mmo I paid $60 for I have about 6 character slots, no need for mounts, have 24 slot bags in every slot on every toon, have respecced at least 200 times, and do not have to pay any money for such things as getting the best enchants. If you add all that up you will see that it comes to over $2000.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not exaggerating. In another mmo I paid $60 for I have about 6 character slots, no need for mounts, have 24 slot bags in every slot on every toon, have respecced at least 200 times, and do not have to pay any money for such things as getting the best enchants. If you add all that up you will see that it comes to over $2000.

Can I have your IGN so I can put you on ignore?
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Can I have your IGN so I can put you on ignore?

Are you saying you can't add up or that you are just happy in denial and want to stay that way?
  • koromiyashikoromiyashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None of that is actually needed and all of which can be purchased in the AH kthxbai. Play the game farm T2s, proceed to buy bags. As for the character slots that's my only dilemna. With more classes they may open more slots.
    edited May 2013
    None of that is actually needed and all of which can be purchased in the AH kthxbai. Play the game farm T2s, proceed to buy bags. As for the character slots that's my only dilemna. With more classes they may open more slots.

Pretty sure the OP is about the high respeccing cost......