test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Respec Thread (renamed)

grenadefacegrenadeface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so like many others i want to complain about respec....its straight trash esp for me.....i got the 200.00 founder pack to support you guys and i get 1 token for all toons? not even 1 per toon? this is insane i want my money back....or fix your respec system. i feel 1 free a week should be the case for everyone(or have it use gold like it should). i get you want to make money but we cant even respec when we r learning the game figuring out what works? im sorry but im very upset this is trash make money on mounts and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but respec is just below the belt.

wheres my forum title too....wth man get it together(im dumb i got it)

also fix healer aggro i throw my lowest heal and i pull the room...
Post edited by grenadeface on

Comments

• cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No respect for you, because it is respec not respect:)
    And your forum title is under User CP -> permission groups.
  • articulatefoolarticulatefool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Respec = Short for Re-Specification

Do any amount of research to find these things out before dropping $200. The forum title is in your User CP settings.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Am I alone in not being all that worried about not getting 'free' power respecs?
  • articulatefoolarticulatefool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »
    Am I alone in not being all that worried about not getting 'free' power respecs?

Honestly, I wish they were more expensive than $6 to discourage people flipflopping to whatever the popular streamer is doing atm.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    IMHO $200 should get you at least 5 free re-spec tokens.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there any way you could lower the cost for respecing feats? im not so bothered about powers but really, messing around with specs is one of the most fun parts of any game, and as the game is so new no one really is gonna get the best spec 1st time. there are also some more pvp based talents and having to pay 150k diamonds to mess around seems insane.
    how about using gold for it? or just hugley reducing the cost. some minor niggles with pvp aside (rogue dmg, Cw cc last like 0.5 secs sometimes) this is the only thing i don;t like about the game.
    edited May 2013
    I wish it was more expensive to do! Constant respecs lead to every high level having the same **** build.
  • freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I wish they were more expensive than $6 to discourage people flipflopping to whatever the popular streamer is doing atm.

Or because things get nerfed/buffed, or when you hit 60 and realize some of your powers are useless now, and because being expected to permanently run the same spec in both pvp and pve is such incredibly good game design.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really only have to pay for redoing your powers, i could change feats all i wanted with AD. Feats are really the only thing that you need to be able to do more often, this keeps the fad of the week from being as bad as in other games.
  • dat555dat555 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $6 every time you want to pvp.. how ****ing awesome is that?
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I expected to see this-
    <meme removed per the RoC>

sadly, I did not.
    edited May 2013
    dat555 wrote: »
    $6 every time you want to pvp.. how ****ing awesome is that?

Nobody is stopping you from coming up with a creative build that works for both PVP and PVE.
    Use your damned head instead of relying on guides.
  • grenadefacegrenadeface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** it R E S P E C T lol ooops o well i got my point across and ty for the title info
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so like many others i want to complain about respec....its straight trash esp for me.....i got the 200.00 founder pack to support you guys and i get 1 token for all toons? not even 1 per toon? this is insane i want my money back....or fix your respec system.

Why would they give your money back? While it doesn't say 1 respec token per account it also doesn't say 1 per character. Do your research before purchasing things!
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody is stopping you from coming up with a creative build that works for both PVP and PVE.

How about use your **** head and realise there isn't one and that isn't the only problem, nor is it a fix or an excuse for this bad game design.
  • bdobanbdoban Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013

The simple fact is: no one wants a build that just "works". PVE and PVP are quite a bit different. Trying to make a hybrid build will result in you being subpar in both, as you will have to sacrifice things in both categories.

Also, how in the bloody **** can you tell people to use their own heads to create builds when you are fully (blindly) supporting a feature that prevents experimentation?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . They have stated that come release there will be a public test shard for players to test new updates and experiment with builds and such.

. . . . . Folks, please stop using vulgarity in your posts, even if censored out. The implications still come across and this is not acceptable, especially when used over and over in a single thread. There is no need to use such language and vulgarities when discussing and opinion or topic, no matter how heated or passionate one is about it.
  • jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Remember when beta meant a state of flux with regards to game design. When features and powers were bound to change and bugs still being worked out that made some power just plain not work.

Guides or no guides somethings just don't work yet. Sorry bro, you're all kinds of wrong and silly.
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Tldr; there is no need for change in terms of respect costing AD, tbh.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . They have stated that come release there will be a public test shard for players to test new updates and experiment with builds and such.

Last I checked, all three shards are in beta status yo. That really does imply they are test shards, unless beta means something entirely different when six dollars times however many bugs are left to find is at stake.

<removed for civility>
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jfood wrote: »
    Last I checked, all three shards are in beta status yo. That really does imply they are test shards, unless beta means something entirely different when six dollars times however many bugs are left to find is at stake.

<removed for civility>

It's just a label they use as a defence when things aren't working as well as they should yet :)

The game is live. Released. Out. Launched.

Simple.
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Players should not be "punished" if they want to mess around with different specs. Isn't this about how we want to play our character and not have limitations?
    There should be other ways to get a respec token. (and not hundreds of thousands of AD!)

And I was really surprised that we have to pay for this on a OPEN BETA. We are supposedly testing all aspects of the game for you and yet you want to charge us for doing so?

It's a money grab, and coming from Cryptic/PWE it's nothing new.
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    It's just a label they use as a defence when things aren't working as well as they should yet :)

'When we get out of beta status, we'll let you test stuff for bugs' is just too ironic not to comment on.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    Players should not be "punished" if they want to mess around with different specs. Isn't this about how we want to play our character and not have limitations?
    There should be other ways to get a respec token. (and not hundreds of thousands of AD!)

And I was really surprised that we have to pay for this on a OPEN BETA. We are supposedly testing all aspects of the game for you and yet you want to charge us for doing so?

It's a money grab, and coming from Cryptic/PWE it's nothing new.

Again, open beta just means release here. you're not actually a tester, testing — you're a player, playing.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the respec cost in both zen and AD is really stupid. esp as its beat and people are still finding out what work best. messing around with specs is great fun and so far the respecs in this game is a HUGE let down.
  • kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paying real money to respec is just horrible design.

This is an MMORPG.
    Everyone knows there are going to be dozens of patches coming that alter game balance and player skills.
    So every time the Devs Nerf something you use, or buff something you weren't using... you have to travel to the cash shop and drop $6.

Terrible, terrible model. Zero redeeming value.

This and the Full Heal stones are my only REAL BIG complaints with the cash shop atm.
    Although I hear if I start doing professions i'm gonna end up pissed off there too.
  • junigenmukyokujunigenmukyoku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

How does other people 'flipflopping' affect you?
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Aretha Franklin begs to differ.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does other people 'flipflopping' affect you?

We're in the same game. If they didn't affect me, this wouldn't be an mmo.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    Paying real money to respec is just horrible design.

Unfounded assertion.
    This is an MMORPG.
    Everyone knows there are going to be dozens of patches coming that alter game balance and player skills.
    So every time the Devs Nerf something you use, or buff something you weren't using... you have to travel to the cash shop and drop $6.

Wrong. Cryptic has always given out free respecs when they change player skills. If they fail to do so in NW, then you've got a beef, but based on past history, this is a non-issue.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev