test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One Daily quest = 1000AD = 2 ZEN

2»

Comments

• back2workback2work Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heh, friend of mine is a healer.. and to rez a couple group members while in combat you need to spend 5$.. what kindda garbage is that. a cleric that cant rez without using real $......... what has the genre become..
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . The Astral Diamond economy is a player-driven economy. STO started out the same way, high Zen prices and now look at their prices. It fluctuates between 80-110 Dilithium per Zen. When new store items are released, this creates a demand for Zen and usually is met with increased player-driven prices of Dilithium.

Shhhh!

Don't bring the logic or reason into these Pay-2-win arguments. . .

. . .Ain't nobody want to hear that stuff here, we all want to jump to conclusions and loudly complain about things we don't really understand. . .

Meanwhile, some people are playing the AH like a boss and banking that AD against future falling Zen exchange rates. . .
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    That's funny because I'm making AD hand over first with very little work. 28k/day * 5 characters

Can I ask how you're doing that? I mean, I know how to make my 8k dilithium a day/char in Star Trek in a reasonable amount of time, but 1k AD for a foundry in 15-20min, 3k AD for a 45+min dungeon.... that feels like several hours to get 24k on one character, not max out several. Maybe I'm just not aware of all the sources yet. (I do have six characters invoking & doing Protect Merchant every two hours, but that's not close to the 24k cap.)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the players that know how to make currency, founder or not, are going to continue to have the things that others do not. I started off with the 600K AD, and have only claimed about half of them thus far, but have earned over 2 million AD on top of that. The majority of that is from finding things in the world, or in dungeons and selling it on the AH.

But if you just foundry power leveled and didn't do any quests or dungeons, and you have no gear or bags or companions (all of which comes from quests) then you are most likely also the type of person that only sees the basic and most obvious way to earn astral diamonds is from the ONE thing that's actually on the inventory UI, and that's refining.

So I gladly sit on my full complement of green/blue quality crafters, and blue/purple crafting tools, and my 1mil AD cat companion, and all the top notch gear I bought off the auction house. And when I do 4x more damage than you in a dungeon, because I took the time to invest in my gear and knowledge of my class, you will be back here screaming to have my class further nerfed.

I can't wait for the day all the whiners and complainers simutaneously ragequit this game, so I can actually conduct some buisness using zone chat without having my posts lost in a sea of pay to win QQ

/end rant

You have to admit that being able to leverage your early start & initial automatic pool of AD to get to cap sooner (and therefore be among the early people supplying that loot to the AH), and to advance in the crafting sooner (so that you're one of the early people with the higher-tier production, which sells at a premium because it's early days) was a bit of an advantage.

(You also have to agree that "play the auction house" isn't a solution for everyone. After all, if everyone was doing it.... there'd be no profit, because to play the market, you need a supply of suckers to buy the stuff.)

Most of the players on here complaining about only being able to make 24K AD per day via refining are the type of players will always have nothing regardless of which game they play because they aren't intelligent enough to think out side of the box and come up with creative ways to earn money.

Yeah, I've been looking at it from the standpoint of the 24k/day refining. Probably because I've got that stuck in my head because that's the way the last Cryptic game I played (STO) works - dilithium just comes from refining. They use the local "gold" in the auction house, not the zen-exchange currency. And I'm used to that system, it's worked well for me (over 8k zen earned in the past year). Auction house wheeler-dealing.... meh, never been a fan.

(And thinking about it.... once the pool of "free" AD is used up? The stuff being traded on the auction house will only be created by that 24k refining limit. The AH doesn't create currency, it just recirculates it between players. But the diamond "sinks" - stuff in the 50k-2mil range - are going to suck that stuff out of the economy right fast. Yeah, you may have gotten the 2mil AD for that mount upgrade by trading on the AH... but that still represents the capped refining of 83 players for one day. Each appearance change is three player-days of diamonds. Etc, etc, etc. It's all got to come from somewhere.)
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    I actually felt kind of bad I was still "forced" (to save on consumables) to use the level 15 cleric all the way to 60 over the purple level 30 pet options I had. You also get two bags via questing.

So I'm not sure what exactly you're paying to 'win' here.

*buys AD off the market*
    *buys level 60 epic gear*
    *buys wards of the market*
    *buys best in slot enchantments*

Didnt i just pay 2 win? sick of hearing everyone say its not pay 2 win...if you can BUY power... ie buy currency and then buy epics... then it is in fact p2w... no matter how you swing it...
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *buys AD off the market*

Didnt i just pay 2 win? sick of hearing everyone say its not pay 2 win...if you can BUY power... ie buy currency and then buy epics... then it is in fact p2w... no matter how you swing it...

Well if that's how you define P2W, then so is GW2. Hell so is WOW where you can buy finished characters, powerlevelling services, etc.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't realise they locked out the companions level.

So sad.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if that's how you define P2W, then so is GW2. Hell so is WOW where you can buy finished characters, powerlevelling services, etc.

Please link to where the powerlevelling and finished characters are bought officially.

Such poor quality apologetics.
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wish AD were distributed when you walk around killing goblins which they then burst into a magical array of currency for me to trot @ the auction house with. Yaaay inflation!

...... -pokerface-
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    back2work wrote: »
    heh, friend of mine is a healer.. and to rez a couple group members while in combat you need to spend 5$.. what kindda garbage is that. a cleric that cant rez without using real $......... what has the genre become..

It isn't a requirement that the cleric rez people. If her party expects her the rez them then they can supply the scrolls to their cleric.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Currently 400 AD buys 1 Zen and the price on the AD side will continue to drop.
    The AD>Zen conversion will rise, not drop.
    jacktanto wrote: »
    well you can sell loot on ah for AD, my friend which is a non founder and havent spent a dime on zen started at open beta start and has now 400k AD and is only lvl 39.
    If and when more people desire to buy zen items with AD, the relative value of AD vs items will skyrocket. That is to say, the items that you farm to make zen of the AH will be worth almost nothing.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please link to where the powerlevelling and finished characters are bought officially.

Such poor quality apologetics.

Whether it's official or not is irrelevant. The fact is you can do it, all you need is money.
    edited May 2013
    delekii1 wrote: »

They've already dropped and even if they were to rise, it's capped at 500 anyway.
    edited May 2013
    They've already dropped and even if they were to rise, it's capped at 500 anyway.
    They haven't dropped on my shard. Capping at 500 just means that the next link in the chain, items > ad, will drop instead.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    They haven't dropped on my shard. Capping at 500 just means that the next link in the chain, items > ad, will drop instead.
    . . . . . . This would be the opposite of what I have seen happen when the Dilithium Exchange came into STO. They have a cap of 500 too (min of 50) and now, two years later, the prices for Zen fluctuate between 80-120 AD per Zen. The only difference here is that STO's AH doesn't use Dilithium - so this will keep a slightly higher demand for ADs in NWO.
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . This would be the opposite of what I have seen happen when the Dilithium Exchange came into STO. They have a cap of 500 too (min of 50) and now, two years later, the prices for Zen fluctuate between 80-120 AD per Zen. The only difference here is that STO's AH doesn't use Dilithium - so this will keep a slightly higher demand for ADs in NWO.

It is very, very far from the "only" difference, which I am sure you are more than aware of.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    It is very, very far from the "only" difference, which I am sure you are more than aware of.
    . . . . . Please elaborate as no, I am not aware of any other significant differences.
  • tseitsei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    *buys AD off the market*

Think your definition of pay 2 win is different to mine. Pay to Win means you can get something with irl cash that I can't get playing the game. Something that without I wouldn't be able to hit 60, do all quests and run epic dungeons. Something that unless I pay ill be stuck. Mounts sell in game, bags sell in game, Gear sells in game, Gems sell in game(even drop and you can upgrade them). I spent 5 bucks to get 2 more slots on my 1st day so I wouldn't delete the other classes. I'm only lv 22 on my highest char and its been 5 days. I own a cat pet, bags on 3 toons(24 slotters) level 5 and 6 gems and decent leveling gear for my lv. Using gateway to manage AH and Professions and cap AD on my main toon via prayers/dailies. currently holding about 1m AD and considering the cat is almost 1m AD and I have no fancy blue title id say its quite possible. Foundry Tips and AH help a lot, profession is a base steadily of raw AD on any lv 10 alt with leadership. As many said AD prices will drop but if you're smart you will sell blue drops and gems your class dont need at high prices since they sell quite well. I know some people will complain( my friends went the last 2 days horseless QQ they coudnt buy a measely 20,000AD horse or 5g horse. I just gave them some since the AD is quite high fluctuate at AH right now.) Also when doing prayers if you took the god of luck it seems you get more out of praying :P
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Fundamentally wrong for the obvious reason