test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trading Reviews

hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I'm on my rogue now to level up with foundries. Review mine honestly and I'll do the same for yours.

Goblin Uprising
NW-DMQRRFJYT
hflord1

Normally peaceful tribe of Goblins have been suddenly riled into violence, you must search the Underdark to discover why, and stomp it out.

(working on adding more of the "item" in it so if more that one person does the quest, they will have the same options as anyone else with the "item"....)

Fine to leave your review here, or in game. I'll post my review of yours in game.
Post edited by hflord1 on

Comments

• Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check my sign :)
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Will I be able to solo your map?

Here's my WIP XP farm spa

NW-DFPFMOD8O
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hercul33t, yes, though the last fight can be hard. A couple potions and should be fine.

I use primarily standard challenge fights. Bosses are usually hard encounters.
  • Options
    auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll do this today! Mine is "Desolation" under @MTDMS
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman
  • Options
    hosierman1hosierman1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I'll check yours out right now, mine is in my sig :) have fun
    Foundry quest NW-DKCR8S6GH
    Trouble at "The Rock" please play and review if you have the time, thanks
  • Options
    hosierman1hosierman1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    I'll check out the others posted in this thread also btw :) apart from the xp farm one, im not interested in those :o
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hosierman1 wrote: »
    I'll check out the others posted in this thread also btw :) apart from the xp farm one, im not interested in those :o

You should probably check it out ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @Duskdweller:

All in all I really enjoyed it. I like your use of doors and space to keep people moving around interestingly in the same map. I also like some of the side story elements and though a couple fights were very difficult for a lvl 25 rogue with a cleric companion. The last fight was also interesting and a good use of the NPC's and story.

I also fixed the torch, because I could :)
  • Options
    docbachdocbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Unholy Matrimony
    NW-DPYM52476
    @docbach

Investigate a kidnapping and uncover a much deeper and darker conspiracy... recommended solo, some side quests won't work right if party members pick up items and talk to NPC's. Last boss encounter can be pretty tough without a couple potions.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OP, I just finished your map with my lvl 31 GWF.

All in all it was fun. I liked your use of blue text for narrating in the dialogue, I need to do something like that. I never was able to get the items for people and I wound up killing the Drow immediately. lol

You almost got me to leap into a pack of spiders before a couple spawned behind me, nice.

Edit: I wasn't able to give it an ingame rating or review. It's not working for me today.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hflord1 wrote: »
    @Duskdweller:

All in all I really enjoyed it. I like your use of doors and space to keep people moving around interestingly in the same map. I also like some of the side story elements and though a couple fights were very difficult for a lvl 25 rogue with a cleric companion. The last fight was also interesting and a good use of the NPC's and story.

I also fixed the torch, because I could :)

Thanks for the feedback :) Keep in mind that as noted in the quest desc and in Worm's dialog, the optional northern side of the tunnels for 2+ players or crazy solo :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »

Edit: I wasn't able to give it an ingame rating or review. It's not working for me today.

After opening the final chest, don't do anything, just wait for the review prompt to appear with a terrible delay (sometimes a couple or more minutes). If you move or zone you'll miss it 99% of the times.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After opening the final chest, don't do anything, just wait for the review prompt to appear with a terrible delay (sometimes a couple or more minutes). If you move or zone you'll miss it 99% of the times.

Thanks for the tip :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @hflord1

Thanks for the review. I specifically made the map so that I could barely get through. It's supposed to be a sort of punishment lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @hurcul33t

Was better than expected. I liked the underlying story. I did have a problem with some of the fights, as they were tough as hell for a rogue and cleric companion, but I made it through. My only critique is there is allot of dead space that can be spruced up with decoration or NPCs or encounters. Good times.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @hurcul33t

Was better than expected. I liked the underlying story. I did have a problem with some of the fights, as they were tough as hell for a rogue and cleric companion, but I made it through. My only critique is there is allot of dead space that can be spruced up with decoration or NPCs or encounters. Good times.

True. I just finished story and mechanics without much of a thought for decor except first and "last" room. I'll work on that next.

I want this to be a continuing story. I need to figure out how to load new maps within a map like you did.

Also, they need to fix the sound bug. I put in a lot of sounds that I had no idea didn't play when published. lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    just did the top 2 will do some others later;

@hlford1 I left a review in game but forgot to mention about the book case with all the H>P lovecraft stuff, you might want to go re-read them and fix the typos, not a big thing but there were alot, good dungeon overall though i did enjoy it, as i said in my review it got better the further in you got :)

@duskdweller78 Also left you a review, did it solo on my guardian level 41 and it was a really good challenge, i didn't attempt the hardmode last fight or the northern 2+ bit, i might see if i can tempt a friend to brave it with me later :)

good job guys
  • Options
    geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will try and give this a go tonight and let you know how it goes. Feel free to check mine out when you have time :)

The Tomb of Valkere
    ID: NW-DOA69HDRT
    @geoff8733
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @auricklemt

Wow.
    Great story, love the NPC movements, the ambiance is great and you are well spoken. Top puzzle quest thus far.

Only down side was the lightning scroll was confusing to get. I did it, but didn't understand the whys

Also did not let me leave in game feedback for some reason...just read post above on why...I guess I zoned too quickly. No bueno :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Taking a break and errored out...doing Trouble at the Rock when I return.
  • Options
    thefyfethefyfe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @auricklemt

Wow.
    Great story, love the NPC movements, the ambiance is great and you are well spoken. Top puzzle quest thus far.

Only down side was the lightning scroll was confusing to get. I did it, but didn't understand the whys

Also did not let me leave in game feedback for some reason...just read post above on why...I guess I zoned too quickly. No bueno :(

If you get a chance, please have a go at my new quest.

Good Samaritan
    NW-DCJ4NY4CU
    @Adderal
    15 Minutes

:D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @hosierman1

I'll have to get back to yours. I clicked the exit axe and the exit basket before reading they said exit (I assumed they said examine)...I'll do it again later on though for certain. So far was doable solo like your quest info says though, just careful with the fights I pick.
  • Options
    crimeapplecrimeapple Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @hflord1
    Really like the level design, especially the spider cave and boss arena. Encounters were a lot of fun and challenging with good variety. I also enjoy all the dialogue bits of the quest, like I can use arcane skill to pacify the orge, or use thievery skill to bypass some mod. The hidden spider is cute, too. I only found two bugs, one is that after beating mastermind for the first time, his name turns into customized mastermind or something. Another is that one dialogue option that should require thievery skill(the disguise hat) can be picked without thievery skill.
    Here's my quest :-)
    Name: FleshForge:The Death of a Nasher
    Short code: NW-DOVTSEIKQ
    Author: @crimeapple
    Please try out my quest! I'll be grateful if you leave a review!
    Quest Tread
    "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher" NW-DOVTSEIKQ
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @hosierman1

I'll have to get back to yours. I clicked the exit axe and the exit basket before reading they said exit (I assumed they said examine)...I'll do it again later on though for certain. So far was doable solo like your quest info says though, just careful with the fights I pick.

Yer sorry I need to make the emergency exit thingies a bit harder to press, sorry about that
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've added a prompt for the emergency exits, sorry it completely slipped my mind to do it before
  • Options
    docbachdocbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    How do you guys add prompts for the emergency exit?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm on my rogue now to level up with foundries. Review mine honestly and I'll do the same for yours.

Goblin Uprising
    NW-DMQRRFJYT
    hflord1

Normally peaceful tribe of Goblins have been suddenly riled into violence, you must search the Underdark to discover why, and stomp it out.

(working on adding more of the "item" in it so if more that one person does the quest, they will have the same options as anyone else with the "item"....)

Fine to leave your review here, or in game. I'll post my review of yours in game.

I didn't like the first part of your quest, I'm just saving the NPC interaction: there was no customization in the rooms and the monsters were the base ones, and everything just seemed to be there because it had to be killed by the player.
    The second part is rich of details, while the monsters are still lacking customization, I can see a great base for a good quest, I rated it 3 stars (mainly because of the second part) but I'll review it again and add 1 star if you start customizing the monsters and add a bit of detail to the first level.
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Hlford,

I reviewed this quest earlier today actually thru my form. I gave you a small tip as well. Good story & elements. As I recall, there was a little bit too much running for my taste towards the end when you get into the undead stuff, seems like that could be tightened up so there's not so much running. Cheers
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    My quest is in my signature :)

Here are some suggestions and things I found in your quest that you might want to fix/change:
    • Quest "Get Passed the Sentry" --- Should be spelled "Past"
    • Quest "Speak to Goblin's Controller" --- Grammar should be "Speak to the Goblin Controller"
    • Quest "Kill the Goblin's Controller" and "Speak to the Mastermind" --- Consider changing the Mastermind encounter, to a Submit type, so that he stops combat and kneel's at 10% hp, instead of dying, then coming back.
    • Speaking with the Beasthandler --- Consider changing the color on the quest text to give him food to yellow or orange, so it is obvious that it is an objective choice (Currently White)
    • Quest "Free the Slaves" --- Consider numbering the slaves in the order you run into them (2 and 3 were the first two I came to)
    • Quest "Free the Slaves II" --- The slave for this objective was missing (Maybe under the map), only could see the chains to free him
    • Quest "Get Passed the Guards" --- Should be spelled "Past"
    • Quest "Get Passed the Guards" --- Guard says "Attack" in dialogue, then disappears
    • Quest "Get Passed the Guards" --- Guards and Miners around the guards have numbers in their names
    • Items in your quest (Ex. Food, Skull of Slavemaster etc.) --- Make the NPC's you give/use the item on consume it so its not stuck in the inventory

Overall the quest was enjoyable, I hope this list helps. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just trying to help :)

Please make sure you check out my quest in my sig,

- Skratch :)
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I liked the ability to avoid a lot of combat by finding items throughout the level, or just by not being a jerk and choosing the dialogue that made them aggro.

A couple of things I noticed though:

the treasure chest at the top of the jumpy rock deal had a closed chest inside an open chest. Neither was interactable, my pet died when I jumped up them, and I took damage jumping back down - maybe put an item or something up there to make it worth while.

Also, right before the spider cave part two MOBS spawned inside the tunnel walls and were unkillable.