test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Warning] Gateway does Not give astral diamonds on profession collect!!

h2ogatesyh2ogatesy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So the gateway is great, a really top idea for those of us that work.

But using the gateway to collect profession quest rewards does NOT give your character the rough astral diamonds that are part of the reward.

Be warned if using the gateway to only do quests that reward xp & profession xp only.

I have raised a ticket for this matter and am waiting a response, although I'm not even sure the in game ticket system works, as it doesn't show up through the PW support page....
Post edited by h2ogatesy on

Comments

• dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope you are mistaken, I really really do.
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a bit broken.

Mind you so is the Gateway Auction House (In addition to the in-game Auction House) the search parameters don't work as intended (Searching for Rare items returns uncommon items and so forth)
  • cosmiqueonecosmiqueone Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm this is happening to me as well.

What I find is you will be awarded the rough astral diamonds the first time you claim it. However they will not STACK if you do the profession more then once through gateway.
    "Note to self, when magic fails attempt science".
  • h2ogatesyh2ogatesy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    I hope you are mistaken, I really really do.

I wish I was too.

Yesterday I had 3 leadership professions running on 2hr missions, 200 rough AD per mission, about 4 times each for the day. I got home from work and collected 2 missions that had just finished and only had 400 rough ad in my bags to convert.

I had been expecting somewhere closer to 2400.

It is happening on both characters I have on my account.
  • meatbuttermeatbutter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this has happened to me as well a couple times in the last few days.. it seems like one every 3-4 attempts i'll get my 200 diamonds. For now ill still use the gateway but online for the exp gains
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday just did 6 x protect caravan tasks through gateway which should grant 200 rough astral diamonds each. When I logged in, there was no rough astral diamonds to be refined. :(
  • mrmoldymrmoldy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have run into this as well. I was out 4000 rough astral diamonds today. I completed the battle the undead task 10 times sense last in game log on. Logged on tonight and found 750 waiting to be refined and those were from invocation that I did when I first got one.
  • warmachine104warmachine104 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump
  • scottvinscottvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ugh I didn't realize this... I was wondering why my rough AD numbers were low
  • lordbane40lordbane40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting this. I noticed something similar. I'll avoid this mission when using the Gateway until they get it fixed.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, the team was unable to replicate the issue.

It's important to note that the Astral Diamonds are the unrefined versions so the AD would go into the rough Astral Diamond pool rather than into your accumulated astral diamond total.

Be sure to let us know if you are continuing to notice the problem and I will, of course, continue to keep an eye out to see if I notice the problem but so far everything seems to be working smoothly.
  • shad99shad99 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't checked this today, but I do tend to run missions that give rough astral diamonds over pure xp. That said my number of rough diamonds is less then they should be compared to the professional missions I've done offering them. There are days when I don't get home to do more than login and check once for the professional jobs I queue while at work, so I have nto had the tiem to sit down and check this out more.
  • mrmoldymrmoldy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will let you all know when i get home this afternoon. I have 3 task that should grant RAD. I will collect one thru the gate way and see if they are there.
    edited May 2013
    It is working now. Collected RAD on 3 task and they where there when I logged into game to refine them. I know for a fact that yesterday it wasn't. I think the patch this morning fixed it.
    edited May 2013

It's important to note that the Astral Diamonds are the unrefined versions so the AD would go into the rough Astral Diamond pool rather than into your accumulated astral diamond total.

Be sure to let us know if you are continuing to notice the problem and I will, of course, continue to keep an eye out to see if I notice the problem but so far everything seems to be working smoothly.

Yep already realized that it adds to your RAD pool not your AD pool directly. Will test again today and list exact professions which don't seem to be stacking.
    edited May 2013
    mrmoldy wrote: »
    It is working now. Collected RAD on 3 task and they where there when I logged into game to refine them. I know for a fact that yesterday it wasn't. I think the patch this morning fixed it.

Good news is good.

Testing anyway just to make doubly sure :P
  • h2ogatesyh2ogatesy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yep already realized that it adds to your RAD pool not your AD pool directly. Will test again today and list exact professions which don't seem to be stacking.

mrmoldy wrote: »

As stated in my opening post, I was looking for ROUGH astral diamonds, and they most deffinetly were NOT there.

@mrmoldy; I was hoping that the patch fixed it too and am currently doing quests that give RADs and also profession chests. I will post tonight the results of this.
    edited May 2013
    Well, it seems to be an intermittent problem. Just collected another 3 task that should have awarded RAD and got nothing. Collected 1 thru the gateway this afternoon at about 4:00 PM PST and the final 2 at 10:52 PM all 3 task were the same battle undead. Logged in to refine at 10:55 PM and found no RAD to refine. There should be 1200 of them. I wonder if I got the xp and copper now as well. I have set 3 task to happen over night and I am taking note of all the numbers xp, copper, RAD and even regular AD's.
    edited May 2013
    Some other info that may be important, I am using Chrome as my browser and Win 7 at home at school on my laptop I am using Chrome and Win 8. If the guys need anymore info just ask. I plan to keep track of thing for the next couple of days.
    edited May 2013
    Ok I tested this today and the result is that the problem still exists.
    I completed Protect Caravan nine times today in gateway of which the reward should have been 1800 RAD in total as each one completed is supposed to give you 200 RAD to refine once you log in.
    When I logged in my character I had 0 RAD to refine. Absolutely NONE of them had been added to my character.
    I am using google chrome on win 7.
    Using microsoft security essentials.
    My characters name is Ellyanna Da'mer.
  • capnorgecapnorge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad someone started this thread. I also completed Protect a Caravan about a total of 11 times across 4 toons yesterday and got none of the rough astral diamonds that should have been on the toons' inventories. Completed three of the same in game and received the ADs just fine
  • jobistonejobistone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here no luck in receiving rough astral diamonds makes me not wanna run tasks that reward anything other than xp's
  • elddirelddir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just want to add my voice to this. Haven't received a single astral diamond when using the Gateway.

Waste of time that was :(
  • neodarkaxeneodarkaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to ask, has ANYONE shoved this into PWE's face. Complaining on the forum does not get things fixed, you have to report them for that to happen, and I do not mean a GM, you need to put in tickets with the data you are talking about. Then they may do something.

NDA
  • ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    h2ogatesy wrote: »
    So the gateway is great, a really top idea for those of us that work.

But using the gateway to collect profession quest rewards does NOT give your character the rough astral diamonds that are part of the reward.

Be warned if using the gateway to only do quests that reward xp & profession xp only.

I have raised a ticket for this matter and am waiting a response, although I'm not even sure the in game ticket system works, as it doesn't show up through the PW support page....

you are absolutely correct with this. i spent a whole day while away from my pc running gateway to collect astral diamonds. nothing was credited to my character despite multiple missions. hopefully they fix this. i have ceased using gateway from this point forward.

edit:yes, i have filed a few bug reports but no tickets as i have recently had ill luck with the ticketing system. if they can't help with my missing $200 of zen after 2 days, i hold little hope for something like missing astral diamonds. so....bug reports: yes, tickets: no.
  • jobistonejobistone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes ticket too and no answer yet.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf I've been doing these leadership missions from work for the past couple days, esp. the hourly one that gives 400, and I had noticed I wasn't getting thaaaat much rough AD, but I didn't think it was outright broken...

Wow... ..... ... ... ...........

Starting to regret all the white-knighting I have been doing
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have completed one of the tier 1 leadership tasks and apon checking, I did indeed receive the RADs. It was not the same mission I have seen mentioned several times in this thread so, I am wondering if it might be an issue related to that particular task.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I completed 4 or 6 Protect Caravan missions yesterday through the Gateway, had 0 RAD upon login this morning.

Using Chrome and Windows Vista.
  • justanotherjjustanotherj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, Chrome on Windows 7 - not getting the RADs from the Caravan missions.