test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogue Needs a Buff

mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Thieves' Den
The TR is so squishy and so easy to dodge away from they seriously need a buff!

They die in like a couple of hits because they are so squishy.

They have to get up really close in order to do damage, enemies can just roll out and range the cr@p out of the TR's.

Once they are CC'ed they are pretty much dead.

BUFF THIS CLASS NAO!
Post edited by mickst3r on

Comments

• Options
    jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol if we get buffed in not being so squishy you can bet that the dmg will be nerfed, we do awesome dmg and are squishy thats the downside. we cant have it both. and i seriuosly dont have a problem with dying alot at lvl 35. so i think its quite ok as it is now ^^
  • Options
    bastettatianabastettatiana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No! Don't buff the TR class! We don't need it! We are awesome as is and need no buffing...
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    non bad CW's chit on rogues all day err day, and people are whining about rogues being OP LOL.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you see this problem in PvP but I don't in PvE. Fine example I was in a dungeon group (the wolf den) the other day and after pretty much whipping the soul server was a TR and he managed to solo the last 3 bubbles of heal on the main target himself and this included the adds. TR appears to be fine the way it is IMO.
  • Options
    bastettatianabastettatiana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing the rogue class since I could understand the rules of DnD. I can make due without any buffs, I just have to keep a steady supply of potions in my inventory because I don't heal unless I've got that heartbeat sound going on that says I'm about to die if I take anymore damage. There's nothing squishy about the rogue if you know how to play the class. I like it, even if I want more 'rogue' things. I like traps... I miss having traps...
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seem fine right where they are. PvP needs diminishing returns and larger health pools, but otherwise they're fine.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    korv0xkorv0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get this is a troll post, but all they really need to do to the TR is double the damage on shadow strike, half the animation duration, half the cd, double the snare, and reduce the stealth return to 30% of a bar and make it return 10% more per extra point investment in addition to damage, nerf lashing blade to only get 50% increased crit in stealth, reduce its cd by 30% and its damage by 30%, and move 60% of the base damage of shocking execution into its % health damage so you can't one shot people from 60% hp.

You fix the problem where it is extremely easy to kite a rogue who doesn't have deft strike (which could also use a damage / snare buff so its usable in pvp) but you also reduce the "stealth up to them with a daily up, lashing -> execute to two shot people" problem.

Right now the principle pvp ability (shadow strike) doesn't do its job, and it makes it really easy to kite rogues. The tradeoff is that when the stars align you can destroy someone in seconds. If Lashing was less insane burst, it would mean more room for the utility encounter powers like deft strike or smoke bomb, reducing damage but increasing utility.
  • Options
    gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the contrary I don't think the OP is completely trolling. In fact he has a good point; it really is too easy to nullify rogues in pvp.
  • Options
    hollowvamp2hollowvamp2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't be silly, right now rogues need an all around nerf, and everybody knows it
  • Options
    rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Hahahaha so I was reading stuff in the GWF section. Loads of threads stating stated how crappy they are, especially in PvP (I already knew that) and I thought "hey I should see what the rogues are talking about", first post I see "Rogues need a buff" hahaha this made my day, thank you =D
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do a test as follows. Find a cleric with equal gear. Let him use the circle on the ground that makes ice shields and heals when you stand in it. Attack him with everything you have for 5 mins. 0 hp lost on him.
    CW is bs from the get-go. Their at-wills have too much damage and their range is absurd. Control class needs to have cc, which it does. Why did they give them 3 rolls is beyond me. People that just walk around can't be hit with at-wills 50% of the time. You make a step, you hit once, etc.. instead of running and hitting (the major issue in pvp).
    Guardians block everything. Get behind them you say? Him rotating around is less travel distance than me running around in a circle that is bigger than the one of his rotation. He can ALWAYS keep you in front of him.
    Rogues do big damage with 1 strike. Dazing is stupidly easy to dodge and anyone who doesn't is bad, no discussion. As for 3rd "utility" ability, stealth refillers are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Stealth in itself is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> except for running up for initiating on someone. If they removed the possibilty to hit while in stealth nobody would notice. Stealth refillers are worthless and not worth a slot on the tray. Not really sure about the situational stuff other players gone thru, but as playing full geared, rogue's are easiest to shut down/kite unless the other player is terrible.
  • Options
    rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    build your character with your head removed from your rear end and you wont have this problem.. same for the classes who QQ that rogues are op..

also papi if you can't dps a cleric down 1v1 you need to work on your spec lol..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rojjin wrote: »
    build your character with your head removed from your rear end and you wont have this problem.. same for the classes who QQ that rogues are op..

also papi if you can't dps a cleric down 1v1 you need to work on your spec lol..

No, you need to work on finding better clerics to attack
  • Options
    bobbarnsenbobbarnsen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, everyone got trolled by the OP. You got owned
  • Options
    aliradreamwalkeraliradreamwalker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's nothing squishy about the rogue if you know how to play the class.

This goes for any class. Learn the class and it doesn't matter what you're up against most of the time. Biggest problem I've seen so far is when the TR gets mobbed. When we've teamed up, I let Bastet to handle the 'Boss' while I (and my son if he's with us) deal with the mobs... so far, we've had no wipes that way. It's all in the strategy and know-how.

TR's don't need a buff or a nerf IMO, just people needing to learn the class. Those of who've played rogues before, just need to find their groove. I expect to have a field day learning how to play the ranger when it's released because I know there will be several differences compared to other MMOs and what I'm used to.
  • Options
    canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    yea rogues need a buff man...

huge damage but **** hard 2 kill ppl who knows when exactly to evade the painful stuff.
  • Options
    korv0xkorv0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hahahaha so I was reading stuff in the GWF section. Loads of threads stating stated how crappy they are, especially in PvP (I already knew that) and I thought "hey I should see what the rogues are talking about", first post I see "Rogues need a buff" hahaha this made my day, thank you =D

Level 60 gwfs can crush rogues with their hp regen + defense cds combined with that ninja 4 way downward slam attack I forget the name of. In any real pvp scenario a gwf + mage can destroy a rogue in 2 - 3 seconds and a cleric can't do anything to save them due to how squishy they are.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I wish TRs had was some form of snare..dazes are fine and dandy till the other player walks away from you lol...dazes wears off and CW whooshes you away and spams CC you...Q.Q
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    papi032 wrote: »
    Do a test as follows. Find a cleric with equal gear. Let him use the circle on the ground that makes ice shields and heals when you stand in it. Attack him with everything you have for 5 mins. 0 hp lost on him.
    CW is bs from the get-go. Their at-wills have too much damage and their range is absurd. Control class needs to have cc, which it does. Why did they give them 3 rolls is beyond me. People that just walk around can't be hit with at-wills 50% of the time. You make a step, you hit once, etc.. instead of running and hitting (the major issue in pvp).
    Guardians block everything. Get behind them you say? Him rotating around is less travel distance than me running around in a circle that is bigger than the one of his rotation. He can ALWAYS keep you in front of him.
    Rogues do big damage with 1 strike. Dazing is stupidly easy to dodge and anyone who doesn't is bad, no discussion. As for 3rd "utility" ability, stealth refillers are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Stealth in itself is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> except for running up for initiating on someone. If they removed the possibilty to hit while in stealth nobody would notice. Stealth refillers are worthless and not worth a slot on the tray. Not really sure about the situational stuff other players gone thru, but as playing full geared, rogue's are easiest to shut down/kite unless the other player is terrible.

Have to agree , these guys taht think they are pro saying learn to play are clue less and probibly not 60.

to Start the CW has a shield that will ignore the first 3 attacks, that stops a lot of combo's, they have range that cant be covered without using an ability in or out of stealth and they have mad CC at that range. the 3 dodges they have compared to every ones 2 makes them almost impossible to chase down.

You have to keep stealth for striking distance, this isn't wow with its perma stealth, so the CW will have range on you before you strike, 1 grip and a channeled ray of frost followed by conduit = good night rogue. Now typicaly the TR will have smoke and lashing so that leaves 1 encounter , either the anit cc buff or the gap closer , if the gap closer your dead, if its the cc breaker you wont be able to get close. Now any idiot knows the CW has mad amounts of cc and dodge and that cool thats what its ment to do but it can kill a TR in 3 abilities from safe range and it doenst have to blow a daily, all the tears on TR 2 shot is about SE, dailies take a long time to come back up.

You take the cleric has an ability to ignore the first attack every 60 secs no matter how big it is , the dmg reduction and healing negate a large amount in a battle of similar gearing, then the knock backs for a few moments of relief from the attacks. Now lets not forget we need to kill and get out fast not spend the afternoon trying to kill a cleric.

The real issue is not TR dmg its survivability, stealth is great for its whole 8 secs, then what ? where are the dodge bonuses almost all rogues had in D&D, we don't have them so we have to use abilities and stealth, we don't have the number of abilities available to to be able to close and survive without sacrificing one or the other. Stealth recharge is a joke, not just because its a fair wait to recharge, but more so because it's recharge decreases if u get hit while its charging, thats like saying that a GW shouldnt recharge any block if he is getting hit, you simple can not slip away or avoid the dangers.

Now don't get me wrong stealth shouldn't be perma or longer in duration and I'm fine with it being decreased if hit when in stealth but out of stealth the recharge should not be effected by dmg. That is probibly the main thing I would change as it would give us a chance to get away, lets face it out of stealth, face to face, one on one is never the way it goes down and any cc that hits us = death.

Other classes do have advantages in other areas and ours is stealth, its needs to be reliable as every other class ability is and at the moment its not. yes we have high single target dmg , other classes have AoE or range or both, they have higher armour or shields that ignore dmg, they have solid CC that cant just be walked around, they have healing, extra dodge moves, gap closers and nearly all of them have at least 3 of these or more. TR's have their high dmg and stealth we can go for either a closer or a cc breaker but our closer does SFA dmg and our stealth is only semi reliable at best. our dmg is fine but stealth isnt really skill based as it stands, its luck. hope you don't get spotted on the way in or your dead, hope u can get recharged fast enough to get out again or your dead......

I think the OP is right in a sense but I dont think its a buff that is needed just a retweek on the way some of our utility works , dmg sure as hell doesnt need any more, but in saying that the kids need to stop crying that TR's can 2 shot, so can CW if we are counting dailies and 3 shot if we are not and dailies are not up every 12 secs.
  • Options
    iszi1iszi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't be silly, right now rogues need an all around nerf, and everybody knows it

"everybody"

The moment you generalize like that the credibility of your opinion goes out the window!

The class is an early bloomer and as such is receiving a lot of unneeded attention from the players with blinkers on.
  • Options
    mrdivianmrdivian Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still early in playing the TR, But i find the toon to be exactly what I'd expect. Now this is based solely on PVE so far but. You play slow survey the surrounding find the biggest guy in the yard and kick him in the nards from behind. Then let your other abilities do the rest. Blood bath for swarmers etc.. Maybe its to early for me to truly judge but I'm enjoying the class. Only change i would request Is Hide in shadows/Stealth be available earlier as it is a core trait of the class
    Hiltrig'n Trixter Rogue on Beholder

First Foundry: Divian's Dagger: NW-DNDE4KQMA

If at first you don't succeed, get the shovel and find a good place to bury it :)
  • Options
    casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I wish TRs had was some form of snare..dazes are fine and dandy till the other player walks away from you lol...dazes wears off and CW whooshes you away and spams CC you...Q.Q

we do. We have a number of them. The problem is they are often on weak moves.

If lurkers gets nerfed. then rogue will be all around terrible. Its kindof the only thing propping up rogues atm. and the general level 1-20 perception of being OP at that level.

Lurkers, lashing, dazing strike.

Lurkers need to be toned down. lashing/dazing are ok. everything else needs to be improved.
    (sly, cloud of steel, and duelists might be ok too)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    casia345 wrote: »
    we do. We have a number of them. The problem is they are often on weak moves.

If lurkers gets nerfed. then rogue will be all around terrible. Its kindof the only thing propping up rogues atm. and the general level 1-20 perception of being OP at that level.

Lurkers, lashing, dazing strike.

Lurkers need to be toned down. lashing/dazing are ok. everything else needs to be improved.
    (sly, cloud of steel, and duelists might be ok too)

Wait untill you get against a fully geared rogue with a greated plaguefire. He will 100-0 you with just cloud of steel
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    Finally, people start realizing problems with Rogues in PvP

Exactly this. Ive had 3 Rogues hitting on DC using that skill, you cant do **** and they just stand there at 100% health ignoring you.
    Ive posted several times before and made topics about problems with Rogue skills beeing static, so the enemy just have to move to avoid all rogue damage, the ones that dont are just bad players.
    The cc has way to long animations aswell, its SO easy to avoid, and even if you DO land it, enemy can still..just ..move..and avoid all damage.

CW has WAY to much damage in their cc skills, a skill that lifts you into the air, makes you totally unable to fight back or move, and when you land, you loose 1/3 of you health? yea no OP at all, and thats just one of the skills.
    Aswell as beeing able to dodge out of all your damage, neither do they suffer from enemies running away becouse their ranged.
    Rogues cant do **** against enemies running away.

I made a couple of posts about it in beta becouse i saw the problems already back then but got **** for it
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?115381-Make-rogue-attacks-faster
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a debuff system in the game... Imagine a rogue in WoW without poisons and without hitting while moving, that's the rogue in this game.
    We should have some sort of a snare that slows people down... You can never hit someone and move the same speed with them. If we had poisons in place with certain debuffs that would be awesome.. Also there should be abilities that remove debuffs and such.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Even with slow it wouldnt make much differance, your skills are still static, you cant hit on the run.

CW and Rogue cc should be reversed, Rogue cc should stop enemies in their tracks, while CW cc should only snare.

Daze should be changed to stunn, and at will skills should have a chance to stunn when you crit.

They have to make it someway that enemies cant run away from rogues as easily as they can now.
    A good CW can keep a rogue at distance permanently easily, and even if you do get up close, they blink/dodge and start over again.

One of the melee classes should also get some kind of dispell to remove buffs from DC, maybe the GWF, its rediculous how they can just nullify all damage for that long while beeing able to heal their party.
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Sorry dude but no way on the stun on crit, I run a 60 TR and that would be broken as hell, im running 50% crit, you think we have tears now, that ever happens we all drown.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yea i know, just thinking of something they could add to "stop" enemies.

We cant have another skill to do that, were already struggling finding enough space for the skills/passives we want and cant really change out any of them.

So we would need something that "procs" or change some encounter to also stunn, problem is one stunn wont do, once that stun is over, enemies will run away.

If there there to be a slow on say sly floourish, it would have to be 75%+ slow with longer duration to be any good
  • Options
    casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Wait untill you get against a fully geared rogue with a greated plaguefire. He will 100-0 you with just cloud of steel

Gear is not really relevant to the issue of being able to dodge nearly 100% of rogue damage by simply walking in circles.

and then on top of that, do add gear. and stack hp/defense gear, and suddenly what burst a rogue does have, vanishes.

The raw damage of lurkers is a bit much sure. but the functionality of everything else is a problem.
  • Options
    rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casia345 wrote: »
    Gear is not really relevant to the issue of being able to dodge nearly 100% of rogue damage by simply walking in circles.

and then on top of that, do add gear. and stack hp/defense gear, and suddenly what burst a rogue does have, vanishes.

The raw damage of lurkers is a bit much sure. but the functionality of everything else is a problem.

if you mitigate rogue burst dps with some hp/defense they are a trash rogue..
This discussion has been closed.