test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why so much complaining about Zen Store??

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyssumi wrote: »
    I really don't mind the Zen Store so much other than maybe prices being a bit high in general, the biggest problem for me is the ridiculous amount of AD required for pretty much everything and the fact that if you don't get lucky with drops (or be greedy and need on everything as most people are doing atm in dungeons) and/or play the AH well your pretty much screwed when it comes to getting enough AD to do much with.

A concern i have as well... not sure just how much AD can be gained in 1 day, but i can say that cap on rough AD is 24k a day... if is no way outside of needing everything so can sell it for AD... that is so very worrysome... like i said would take one over 2 months of constant farming with just AD invoke to earn million AD which seems to be the sweet number on alot of these things.
  • Options
    n3pheran3phera Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Microtransactions should be micro is a good way of putting it i think.
  • Options
    jaks1172jaks1172 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to buy a bunch of stuff in the zen market. I am not cheap and I am not afraid to spend money on a F2P MMO I am enjoying.

I am not even entertaining the notion of touching anything in Neverwinter's Zen market at those current prices. I could buy entire new games for the price of a couple of bag space upgrades. Are they drinking alcohol?
  • Options
    cheaptrixlolcheaptrixlol Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello NW. I am loving this game so far, however I have a few concerns regarding "Powers Repec Tokens" and the price.

I feel insulted and robbed. Charging me "real money" for a talent tree respec criminal. Its downright insulting and you should feel ashamed for asking this.

Please for the community, change the price of respeccing powers to Astral diamonds.

I may quit otherwise.
  • Options
    odglock19odglock19 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are upset because they use the tactic of making parts of the game extremely annoying ti try and get you to buy things, instead of just charging for luxury or cosmetic type items. Now to me if your going to try and annoy me in your game in order to make me buy things than I just wont play your game.
  • Options
    voxclamantisvoxclamantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wise prostitute once said, 'sell cheaply but to many'. The good will a low price generates is worth more in the long run than the burst of profit that a high price brings.
  • Options
    odiasuda565odiasuda565 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perasien wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand at all why people are complaining about... I got to level 60 with my cleric not even buying anything from the Zen store. I probably spent about 500k Diamonds as part of the 2 mil I got with the Founder's pack.

Is the bag space small? Sure. But you can just sell more often. You don't need to keep all bazillion variety of Runes and equipment in your bags all the time...

You don't have to identify every single piece of green armor. Just identify what you can wear and if it is an upgrade. Then vendor the rest...

I haven't even used my free-respec yet as part of the founders pack. Just read carefully what Feats and Powers do, ask higher level players if you are not sure, etc... You don't have to respec every day...

Nightmare Lockboxes? I don't care about the mount at all so I just vendor it as I have the spider mount from the Founder's... Honestly I whole heartily agree that the prices are too steep but you don't have to buy anything from the store to get to max level and run Epic Dungeons... I am pretty sure this is a case of people feeling entitled...

EDIT: Just noticed my Hero of the North title doesn't display so if one of the mods can fix that, it would be awesome!

Translation: Come on, guys! Stop your complaining, I didn't spend a dime other than 200 bucks to get to make level, I mean come on!
  • Options
    dezman00000dezman00000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm enjoying the game very much, I really do. And I really feel like spending some money on it, but..

The pricing model is bad.

If we are to draw some parallels, to say GW2. I buy the 45€ Zen package (to represent the B2P portion of GW2). I'm still going to get a more neutered experience than in GW2. Things that stand out:

* Respec costs
    * Mount costs
    * Crafting costs
    * Enchanting/disenchanting costs

If you could work on tweaking the prices and/or downright remove some, I'd be more willing to give you my money. Because right now I feel like I'd be rewarding bad behavior by giving you money. And no offense to Cryptic/PWI, you come across as a bit anti-consumer.
  • Options
    ralandarralandar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope the F2P model starts to die away soon. I love this game, but would much rather pay a straight up sub fee of $15 per month. The pricing structure of the store currently is extremely heavy handed. On the flip side, there is nothing in the store that is necessary to level, so technically speaking any argument against it is moot.
  • Options
    krothie1krothie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me personally , i would give them 50 bucks for 5 24 slot bags

and this is why companies are moving away from a subscription to a F2p with cash shop

because idiots dont know the value of $.
  • Options
    dornstoneshielddornstoneshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Yea...so you CAN play the game without buying anything...but why not make the prices more reasonable (in relation to every other FTP game out there) so people can enjoy it MORE while actually supporting the game.

If you make it to 60 without ever spending a dime, it tells me one of two things...

Either you are a cheap ******* who is unwilling to support a game he obviously enjoys...OR the items are too expensive for your tastes and therefore you can not or will not buy them. Every FTP game has plenty of the former...but this game (as with the other Cryptic games) also has more than its share of the latter.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krothie1 wrote: »
    and this is why companies are moving away from a subscription to a F2p with cash shop

because idiots dont know the value of $.

And who are you to say how people spend their money?
  • Options
    mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is kind of pointless.
    It's posted by a guy who spends $200 for a founders pack, $200 on virtual items that everyone with a brain knows is not even remotely worth $200 for. Argue all you want to try and justify it, but the truth is no other online games are charging that much for extra contents in game, it is blatantly overpriced.
    If you have played PWI games in the past then you should know why there is so much complaining about the Zen store. PWI had always been known for their overpriced Zen store items. In terms of online games with cash shop items, PWI would be on the top of the list for the most overpriced items in their store.

PWI is really good at making revenue for their games though. They know how to manipulate their players, making the playerbase think that you can play the game without ever buying anything from the Zen store. But in truth, once you play for a while, bag spaces will become a problem, mounts will become a problem, etc... Then there are those clever purple lockboxes that you pick up from time to time just sitting in your inventory... teasing you... screaming at you to open it for rare loots! Only if you buy a key to open it using real money... Sure you can survive without buying extra bag spaces, at the expense of limiting your gameplay substantially. Sure you can survive with a medicore 50% speed horsey while everyone else is on a 100%+ horsey running past you in pvp/dungeons/maps...Sure you can survive with a starter gimped Companion that dies in 1 hit while other people have OP companions...
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    Cryptic don't even need to redefine the prices or something. They just need to bring it on same level as CO and STO.

Exactly, I play STO a lot and I am happy with pricing in that game but the pricing in Neverwinter is horrendous when compared to STO and if you play for any length of time you will end up paying way more then a $15 a month subscription MMO will ever cost you.

Price gouging is what Cryptic is doing in Neverwinter, I have been in retail my entire life and I can say with certainty that the pricing in Neverwinter will eventually kill the game unless they reduce it.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perasien wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand at all why people are complaining about... I got to level 60 with my cleric not even buying anything from the Zen store. I probably spent about 500k Diamonds as part of the 2 mil I got with the Founder's pack.

Is the bag space small? Sure. But you can just sell more often. You don't need to keep all bazillion variety of Runes and equipment in your bags all the time...

You don't have to identify every single piece of green armor. Just identify what you can wear and if it is an upgrade. Then vendor the rest...

I haven't even used my free-respec yet as part of the founders pack. Just read carefully what Feats and Powers do, ask higher level players if you are not sure, etc... You don't have to respec every day...

Nightmare Lockboxes? I don't care about the mount at all so I just vendor it as I have the spider mount from the Founder's... Honestly I whole heartily agree that the prices are too steep but you don't have to buy anything from the store to get to max level and run Epic Dungeons... I am pretty sure this is a case of people feeling entitled...

EDIT: Just noticed my Hero of the North title doesn't display so if one of the mods can fix that, it would be awesome!

you do know, that you spend 200$ already right? So i am not sure what you are trying to achieve with this topic. If you think that 200$ is not much, then so be it.

But i played Battle of Immortals and i spend over 600 euros on my Heretic during a year. Not doing that meant i had no meaning in that game.
  • Options
    rinlahnrinlahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm throwing my voice in on the ridiculous pricing also. I typically don't mind cash shops but the pricing here is driving me away. 40 dollars for a mount or a companion. 10 dollars for a bag. 6 dollars for bank space. Not to mention they made the bank crazy small to make sure you buy it.

I always though 20 bucks for a mount in Wow and other games was crazy but I guess PW wants to show them what crazy truly is.

Seems like they've had this backlash before in one of their past games.
  • Options
    neverwinternoobaneverwinternooba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out of all due respect the argue it self is invalid. Their is nothing wrong with bag space. I currently have 3 adventure bags and the one you start with thanks to quests I have completed. This is more because people want free stuff. Im not trying to be rude or unreasonable but the fact of the matter is EVERYTHING is obtainable in game threw effort. This game is awsome all around. I do cash at times and understand some cant but thats why their is a auction house and chats ingame(so you can find a casher who is selling) please remember the game is new to open beta so alot of things from zen shop wont be in auction house at a reasonable price.. As time goes by and more cashers start appearing and listing things you will find bags and so forth will be fairly easy to obtain. Their may be some prices needing adjusting in time but cut them some slack. REMEMBER its free to play and they need to find a way to generate income. Their are many other pay to play games that you can access everything threw professions and what not but thats because of the fact that you pay to play and they dont need to generate a income threw a cash store. Its about time that people start looking at it from the other side of the fence and take things into a business concideration. This game wouldnt be free to play if their was no cash shop am i correct???
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Give me a "Enchanted Skeleton Key" in the zen market place for say 20 bucks that allows me to open one lock box every 24 hours and my Zen life would be complete.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    rinlahn wrote: »
    I'm throwing my voice in on the ridiculous pricing also. I typically don't mind cash shops but the pricing here is driving me away. 40 dollars for a mount or a companion. 10 dollars for a bag. 6 dollars for bank space. Not to mention they made the bank crazy small to make sure you buy it.

I always though 20 bucks for a mount in Wow and other games was crazy but I guess PW wants to show them what crazy truly is.

I do flat out agree the bank space given is laughable considering extra costs 6 bucks a pop.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with all negative comments. 100%
  • Options
    mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rinlahn wrote: »

You should of seen the perfect world online game itself, their mounts were $40 minimum for a starting horsey, the normal mounts were like $60+ some were even $100+...
  • Options
    mezecs1mezecs1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because there is a problem.

Right now bag space is so small its incredibly difficult to play without buying any and this game is supposed to be Free to Play.

I like the game so far, but I can't see myself playing for very long if these draconian bag restrictions aren't lifted.

Also it's not a micro-transaction if it costs more than the price of a new AAA game.
  • Options
    mezecs1mezecs1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    they offer a free to play game and you are complaining. You are lucky people pay the prices to support the game so you can play for free. This is how they make money, this is not shareware

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Making a Free to Play game is not a charity, it's a business model, and it can be a very, very lucrative one. Just look at all the people that have already spent $100+ on the game, and it's still in beta!
  • Options
    mal3fact0rmal3fact0r Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    If anything, this game's cash shop is making people realize how good they had it with buy+sub model, might even see a rejuvenated sub model market! :D

One can dream right?
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey that's a cool looking mount, I wouldn't mind paying a little bit of cash for that, hmm let's see how much it is....oh, 40 ****ing dollars, brb cheesegrating my nose off before paying that on a mount.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Definitely too much. It makes them look greedy and a cash grab that turns some people off to the game which is unfortunate because it has potential.

DO NOT confuse this with people that want it free. People are willing to pay. It's about value and fairness of price.

- character slots are the only thing reasonable except when you realize you only get 2 slots to begin with
    - $10 per 24 slot bag is ridiculous, at least half it considering there is no way in-game to make them
    - $6 per bank slot per character when you only get base 18 slots is ridiculous
    - $6 per respec token, morally this is what makes me the maddest
    - $1.25 per key is gambling but tolerable since it's fairly optional
    - $40 for a mount is highway robbery, sure there maybe some people that buy this but I feel sorry for them
    - $30 for a companion per character? Not even per account?
    - profession packs and even dyes seem pretty ridiculous if you ask me
    - $10 for a ward, enchantment system is beyond ludicrous

Look you guys obviously value founder's by extending the deadline. The initial box price is obviously valued as it's guaranteed income. Do me a favor and just put a buy-in price if you are going to price gouge and drive people nuts. It will at the minimum offset the price and guildwars has proven it's a sustainable model. Make an honest profit instead of trying to suck money out of gullible people. It's turning potential players away.
  • Options
    joeamaxinjoeamaxin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    Definitely too much. It makes them look greedy and a cash grab that turns some people off to the game which is unfortunate because it has potential.

I agree 100% I really was hyped for this game and I am really trying to enjoy it but these prices are pushing me away to other games that do F2P much better (eg Warframe). In warframe pretty much everything in the store you can get in game, other than dyes, and I really like this. The fact that I have to pay $10 for a bag is crazy, and correct me if i'm wrong but was it $6 for a respec? That has to be one of the worst things about this game. Now I really enjoy pvp in games this one included and I know a lot of people will say "well this is D&D you should not be focused on pvp" but it may be D&D I still like to pvp despite that. Respecing is very important for me to do when I pvp, i like to have a pve build and a pvp build. So i have to choose whether to be good at pve or pvp with my build which pisses me off. This is an mmo why can I not do both and have one spec for pvp and one spec for pve? In my personal opinion if this game does not change it will crash and burn faster than SWTOR. Cuz this cash shop is going to drive people away, myself included.

Sorry for bad grammar or spelling it is really late.
  • Options
    tuckraintuckrain Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dunno, ever since i got 60 i made over 10mil AD from t1 and t2 dungeons.. converted it to zeny when the rates are good and bought everything i needed.. 2bags 2banks 1 characterslot enough wards to enchant an army and everything i wanted.. prizes are high yes but you can get everything ingame wiht a little bit of time investment..
  • Options
    joeamaxinjoeamaxin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tuckrain wrote: »
    dunno, ever since i got 60 i made over 10mil AD from t1 and t2 dungeons.. converted it to zeny when the rates are good and bought everything i needed.. 2bags 2banks 1 characterslot enough wards to enchant an army and everything i wanted.. prizes are high yes but you can get everything ingame wiht a little bit of time investment..

In most mmos I have played, I did not need to wait till 60 to a bag that should have been obtained around 15-20.
    and by most mmo that I have played I mean all the mmos I played
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played another PWI game for a long while. I have spent some cash but I have far more often ground out in-game premium currency and exchanged it for cash-value currency and have even bought high tier items that way. The high prices are offset by the fact you CAN get anything that is not bound-on-purchase free as it will land in the AH eventually. Conversely, if you want gold over Zen and AD, you can direct trade anything you can auction off for coin instead of AD. Another offset is that if you want AD as well as something purchased, you can generally sell your leftover Zen for AD, wait a while for the AD prices to rise, and sell it back for a Zen-profit or AD profit until you have enough of one or the other currency to buy your item.

Depending upon the popularity of items in the cash store, you will see AD rise and fall dramatically at times if it turns out here like elsewhere. I have not even looked to see if there is a subscription for NW yet but they usually have some fair perks to a sub, like a free Zen allotment and unlocks after so many days (months) of subscribing as well as basic account-wide unlocks you generally pay for separately. Since nearly everything is purchased with Zen and not cash, potentially anything in the store is free (some items are sold for cash only - like some packages seen on the webpage that are not in the store - but I have never bought anything except a subscription that is a cash-only item). I have, however, ground out enough in-game premium currency to buy items worth 2,000 or 2,500 Zen. It takes time and effort, but it didn't come out of my bank account.

The prices are relative to how you wish to obtain the item(s) you want and how quickly you want them. Sometimes you can even get an item for less via in-game currency than the average gold value of a Zen. You just gotta love when you can find those deals!
    Still disenchanted! No T6 Science for KDF and word is there never will be one!
This discussion has been closed.