test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Nerfs.

misspaigeymisspaigey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, this is going to be my complaint thread about the foundry nerf, and I've already seen some threads on it, but I figured I may as well post my ideas too.. Oh, in case some of you haven't heard of it, people were going into Ogre farming Foundry maps, it was 100% of your exp bar each time you complete it (or at least it was for the map I was completeing, and it would take about 10-20 minutes)

First and foremost, all of the level 60s already.. they're all over every server because of this glitch, sure you've "fixed" (aka destroyed) the foundry, and any other soon to be 60s from farming them, but from what I see here you're almost saying "Ok, you've exploited this too much now, there's about 500,000 60s now, that's enough". And they get no repercussions whatsoever.

Secondly, what's the point of even running the Foundry now that you've lowered the exp and drops by what.. 85%? I know at least while I'm leveling, I will never be running another Foundry mission again, and most likely once I'm 60 as well, there's no point.

Anyways, those were my complaints, the damage has already been done, you've now given a round of applause to all of the exploiter 60s and forced everyone else to level normally again. Fix? Maybe, just not in my eyes. (And P.S. this is coming from somebody who owns the Hero of the North founders pack and who had/has high hopes for this game).

So you might be asking "How do we fix this?" Well, here's my idea..
fotzik wrote: »
All they had to do was make mobs immune to damage if they can't attack you.. Then all the stupid "ogres in a box" maps would've been useless and all the "you actually have to fight the mobs" maps still viable. As it is now, you get almost no xp while doing foundry and you get almost no reward for doing it except the story. It really would've been nice to have another option besides doing cryptic quests when going from 1-60.
Blame it on the skinny jeans.
Post edited by misspaigey on

Comments

• Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason you should be running foundry missions is to have fun. If your running them for uber experience then your just attempting to exploit the game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    misspaigeymisspaigey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're right, it wasn't an exploit to me, but even if they think it is, they still let all of the "exploiters" get away with it, now there's 60s all over the place, that's my problem with it.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not all 60's did these or any foundry at all by the way.
  • Options
    cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll have you know that I am 60 after a few days in the headstart because I did ALL THE QUESTS! on my supposedly gimped GWF. I used foundry to boost my lvls up on my alts when I needed some quick lvls and extra scrolls/potions so I didn't have to blow a fortune at the store.

Fine, they nerfed the foundry experience, but the items too? That is overboard. They should really revisit this and see about tweaking some of that incentive back into foundry missions, so all those author's who did put countless hours of time into their missions get back some satisfaction. Otherwise this game might not make it to launch.
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Solution : Reset everything before release and give MONEY/DIAMONDS/ZEN BACK !!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    akrylum wrote: »
    Solution : Reset everything before release and give MONEY/DIAMONDS/ZEN BACK !!

That could work, but the 5 day headstart from hero of the north would've gone to waste.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll have you know that I am 60 after a few days in the headstart because I did ALL THE QUESTS! on my supposedly gimped GWF. I used foundry to boost my lvls up on my alts when I needed some quick lvls and extra scrolls/potions so I didn't have to blow a fortune at the store.

Fine, they nerfed the foundry experience, but the items too? That is overboard. They should really revisit this and see about tweaking some of that incentive back into foundry missions, so all those author's who did put countless hours of time into their missions get back some satisfaction. Otherwise this game might not make it to launch.

Yeah, I feel the same. It was a spur of the moment nerf that they will take back soon enough as long as we keep voicing our ideas.
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh.....reset and give me my money back, that would be great, then I can walk away.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    Meh.....reset and give me my money back, that would be great, then I can walk away.

Haha, don't see that happening.
  • Options
    fasty1961fasty1961 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »

Bad idea besides they already said no char wipes after the 25th april if they do it they should shut servers down again and restart and give hero`s and guardians what they paid for. I dont think you would like that would you !!!!
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suspend exploiters, check maps before they go in the "for review" section.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

the nerf was unecessary and hurt legit players more than exploiters, both droprate and xp took a HUGE hit, also the world xp for killing hulks/whatever has also been reduced along with droprate (bug perhaps?)

the ones willing to exploit will find new ways, botting foundry anyone ? its like the PERFECT area to bot, no one that can see if your toon starts acting funny, and no one sees that you are basicly running 24/7

this was a rushed and poor decision on cryptics part
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    necrofobic wrote: »

PROBLEM SOLVED!

the nerf was unecessary and hurt legit players more than exploiters, both droprate and xp took a HUGE hit, also the world xp for killing hulks/whatever has also been reduced along with droprate (bug perhaps?)

the ones willing to exploit will find new ways, botting foundry anyone ? its like the PERFECT area to bot, no one that can see if your toon starts acting funny, and no one sees that you are basicly running 24/7

Yep. Totally agree.
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If powerleveling was the problem, only XP should have been dropped.

cutting gold/item drops does nothing other than make foundry quests pointless for many who now think the cost is greater than the reward.

The economy is AD/ZEN based, not gold based. There can be 10000x the amount of gold out there and it will change nothing since its only good for pots/kits.
  • Options
    rakunenrakunen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's like Cryptic have some kind of disease. Make a fun game, nerf it into oblivion a few days before the official release, abandon it completely so it rots into nothing and produce another game only to ruin it before it even launches.

The farming was abusive, it might have needed fixing, but their solution to fix it by effectively removing their best feature is just depressingly idiotic.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploits are one thing and their policing is what it is, but there is the matter of the economy of mechanics.

It’s a shame that the foundry has to offer less than the game world. And by shame I mean that the people involved in its design should feel that they really missed something. With all the real world work that has gone before in this very same niche game function there is really very little excuse for having the exact same product with the exact same problem that gets the exact same nerf answer.

Doubly shameful because the foundry represents a very tangible portal for the stories and creativity of others to reach the gaming public at large. Now these stories will be experience instead of playing the game. How much better if they could be experienced as a part of playing the game. Players who care about the content of foundry projects will just have to accept that, mechanically speaking, it is second class content.

I personally don’t buy the frail platform of “A few exploiters ruined it for us all”. The nature of exploitation has shown itself in this very same sort of product many times in the future. And the devs understood its eminence. They either did not or choose not to do anything about it. Haters gonna’ hate, exploiters gonna’ exploit, but developers…what do they do again?

But don’t let me be too hard on them. It’s not like they have an easy time of it in general. Perhaps this is legitimately the best they could do. Perhaps they could simply find no solution to the eventuality of humans acting on a system and this poor outcome is really the edge of their capabilities.

And I could also just be plain wrong. If someone from PWE or some affiliated segment thereof and thereupon would care to correct me and tell me that there is no nerf and that all foundry drops and rewards are commensurate to world drops and rewards. I would be happy to retract my assertions.

If it is all the same to you though, I wont be holding my breath.

Someone give me a “cool story bro.” because I have a feeling that is all I am going to get from the foundry.
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think xp and drops should not have been nerfed.
    the real problem was the review process that let the bad foundry mission be released is broken.
    the reviewers need to be fixed.
    as of now foundry is not worth the time to do at all.
    so half the game has been ruined by bad judgement call by the devs to fix the real problem.
  • Options
    rakunenrakunen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    misspaigey wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel the same. It was a spur of the moment nerf that they will take back soon enough as long as we keep voicing our ideas.

No they won't, the worse they make their games the happier Cryptic are. They never reverse any decision, no matter how idiotic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    necrofobic wrote: »

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Totally agree +1 karma to you
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rakunen wrote: »
    It's like Cryptic have some kind of disease. Make a fun game, nerf it into oblivion a few days before the official release, abandon it completely so it rots into nothing and produce another game only to ruin it before it even launches.

The farming was abusive, it might have needed fixing, but their solution to fix it by effectively removing their best feature is just depressingly idiotic.

LOL! Made me laugh irl.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    Exploits are one thing and their policing is what it is, but there is the matter of the economy of mechanics.

It’s a shame that the foundry has to offer less than the game world. And by shame I mean that the people involved in its design should feel that they really missed something. With all the real world work that has gone before in this very same niche game function there is really very little excuse for having the exact same product with the exact same problem that gets the exact same nerf answer.

Doubly shameful because the foundry represents a very tangible portal for the stories and creativity of others to reach the gaming public at large. Now these stories will be experience instead of playing the game. How much better if they could be experienced as a part of playing the game. Players who care about the content of foundry projects will just have to accept that, mechanically speaking, it is second class content.

I personally don’t buy the frail platform of “A few exploiters ruined it for us all”. The nature of exploitation has shown itself in this very same sort of product many times in the future. And the devs understood its eminence. They either did not or choose not to do anything about it. Haters gonna’ hate, exploiters gonna’ exploit, but developers…what do they do again?

But don’t let me be too hard on them. It’s not like they have an easy time of it in general. Perhaps this is legitimately the best they could do. Perhaps they could simply find no solution to the eventuality of humans acting on a system and this poor outcome is really the edge of their capabilities.

And I could also just be plain wrong. If someone from PWE or some affiliated segment thereof and thereupon would care to correct me and tell me that there is no nerf and that all foundry drops and rewards are commensurate to world drops and rewards. I would be happy to retract my assertions.

If it is all the same to you though, I wont be holding my breath.

Someone give me a “cool story bro.” because I have a feeling that is all I am going to get from the foundry.

Amen, perfect post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I want to thank you for all of your support on this thread, it definitely seems as if there are a lot of people who feel the same way as I do. I hope if this keeps getting attention a GM will run by it and hopefully (I'm aiming for the stars here) we'll get a fix. Thanks again everyone.

Edit: Please remember to post your suggestions to fixing this problem as well, not just bashing the developers.
  • Options
    tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I did em only for the dailies, its was kinda cool and i got some greens for my trouble. With the nerf i will just ignore this content. It was bearly worth doing befor prenerf unless you took advantage of some of the maps
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Susspend the exploiters as some may not have reslised it was an exploit as they do not read or come to forums and at the very least send them an email to them. To ban them forever is wrong as it was not just thier fault but also PW`s fault that this happened.

Im sure that in the end it will be sorted i just hope it is soon for those affected.
  • Options
    nizadennizaden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played almost every MMO under the sun and ill be honest... I liked the foundry because it was something different. It would seem to me that game developers today want us the play the games their way which I think we can all admit is the same as every other dang MMO. People want change, people want flexibility, people want to be able to play end game content without having to invest 30 days played time to get there.

There isnt any skill in doing quests, they are all the same with different names. We as a community are tired of it. Let people play how they want. If people want to rush to 60 then let them. It shouldn't matter how anyone levels to other people. All that should matter is if the player in question had fun doing it and finally you shouldn't care as long as people play.

I'll be honest, a friend told me to try Neverwinter and so I did. To me it was a lesser version of TERA and I almost quit playing until I found the foundry. It made the game interesting and unique, it aloud me to level faster and skip the boring quests, it let me get more abilities faster considering there were so few early on. In essence it broadened the game for me. Now that you have easily done a 90% nerf on exp and loot on the foundry I have lost interest and will likely quit.

In closing, I didnt write this for the players to read but for a small chance that a dev or mod might see it. It is your game and you can do as you like but players are unhappy with what you have done. I can only hope you revert back and allow players to continue to play the way they wish to.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nizaden wrote: »
    I've played almost every MMO under the sun and ill be honest... I liked the foundry because it was something different. It would seem to me that game developers today want us the play the games their way which I think we can all admit is the same as every other dang MMO. People want change, people want flexibility, people want to be able to play end game content without having to invest 30 days played time to get there.

There isnt any skill in doing quests, they are all the same with different names. We as a community are tired of it. Let people play how they want. If people want to rush to 60 then let them. It shouldn't matter how anyone levels to other people. All that should matter is if the player in question had fun doing it and finally you shouldn't care as long as people play.

I'll be honest, a friend told me to try Neverwinter and so I did. To me it was a lesser version of TERA and I almost quit playing until I found the foundry. It made the game interesting and unique, it aloud me to level faster and skip the boring quests, it let me get more abilities faster considering there were so few early on. In essence it broadened the game for me. Now that you have easily done a 90% nerf on exp and loot on the foundry I have lost interest and will likely quit.

In closing, I didnt write this for the players to read but for a small chance that a dev or mod might see it. It is your game and you can do as you like but players are unhappy with what you have done. I can only hope you revert back and allow players to continue to play the way they wish to.

Ya, I feel exactly the same way.
  • Options
    tappinthattappinthat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stupid nerf that hits every foundry quest too and not just the farming ones...
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tappinthat wrote: »
    Stupid nerf that hits every foundry quest too and not just the farming ones...

That doesn't actually bother me as I play foundry quests for fun not loot or experience.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xrichierichxxrichierichx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand both sides of the argument but if the devs go over board with there so called fixes like they did with the foundry there going to destroy what at first glance looked like a good game!
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those who "want" the explanation on how other "60s" could ruin other people's play. Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Auction House - Currently all the items are BoE. This could mean a lot of items will be cheaper which "could" cause problem with opportunity cost. AD is a very high sought commodity. If everything is cheaper, then it is hard to get AD in a hurrt. BUT on the flip side, you can get epic level gear cheap when YOU get to 60s (works both way)

End-game and retention - when people usually reach the max and have nothing to do, this can cause people to QUIT the game or move on. this is actually BAD for NWN since this could cause problem in future production which mean can cause problem for ME. I chose not to exploit and still at level 13 and play around 1-2 mission a day.

end-game dungeon - The problem when people leave and give bad review. The internet age could cause new players to go someplace else (there is a good chance) this could mean that future 60s may not have people to run instance with. It is already a problem now for some 60s.

foundry Nerf - there is a cost in running a dungeon/instance. If you die, drink a potion, repairs, etc etc, people usually want to break even or better (usually better) so if Foundry doesn't provide rewards EVEN if it is a totally fun map, then it will cause problem to me because I won't get as much tip due to people won't play as often OR not at all (cost prohibitive)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    jasoncgsjasoncgs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    For those who "want" the explanation on how other "60s" could ruin other people's play. Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Auction House - Currently all the items are BoE. This could mean a lot of items will be cheaper which "could" cause problem with opportunity cost. AD is a very high sought commodity. If everything is cheaper, then it is hard to get AD in a hurrt. BUT on the flip side, you can get epic level gear cheap when YOU get to 60s (works both way)

End-game and retention - when people usually reach the max and have nothing to do, this can cause people to QUIT the game or move on. this is actually BAD for NWN since this could cause problem in future production which mean can cause problem for ME. I chose not to exploit and still at level 13 and play around 1-2 mission a day.

end-game dungeon - The problem when people leave and give bad review. The internet age could cause new players to go someplace else (there is a good chance) this could mean that future 60s may not have people to run instance with. It is already a problem now for some 60s.

foundry Nerf - there is a cost in running a dungeon/instance. If you die, drink a potion, repairs, etc etc, people usually want to break even or better (usually better) so if Foundry doesn't provide rewards EVEN if it is a totally fun map, then it will cause problem to me because I won't get as much tip due to people won't play as often OR not at all (cost prohibitive)

Complete nonsense.

This nerf pushes farmers OUT of the foundry and into the playing world where people are questing AND into the dungeons. Dungeons on farm now actually MAKES farming an issue.

Farming in the foundry = vendor items for gold.
    Farming in the real world = grief for those needing mobs for quests.
    Farming in dungeons = EPICS FLOODING THE ECONOMY

Gold = NOTHING

Having tons of pots/injury kits = ? people being able to play the game
    Having few pots/kits = people having to FARM to be able to get them thus...making everything worse.

Tons of gold in the market? So what, you cant get AD or ZEN with it in ANY WAY AT ALL. There is nothing you can buy with gold that will net you AD or ZEN so there could by 10000000000x the amount of gold in the game and the economy is FINE!

The nerf makes NO SENSE AT ALL in any way shape or form because it doesn't actually STOP anything that is not now going to be done in the game world....derp!