test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blood and sand: Unchained - banned from foundry

volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My quest was banned from foundry.
Got mail in-game.
No reason why, just

BANNED

Making this quest took 3 weeks of my life, over 60 000 played it and was in top 5 the best UGC quests.

Maybe someone just give me some reason WHY?
So i will fix things.

But if you (devs) dont care to give reason, why should i care?

/rage
5cm82e.jpg
Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
Played more than 100 000 times!
> TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
Post edited by volcxxx on

Comments

• Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this was a really fun mission, and in no way or shape exploiting

what the heck are they up to ?
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. I played it many times, used it for the foundry dailies. It was laid out very nicely and you may have even seen my review.

2. I was expecting it to happen since it used some names invented by the Showtime show, while most were historical figures, some were not and are thus copywrited, including the name of the dungeon.
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I played this, so I know it was just an arena fight. It might have gotten swept up in the wave of bans for power leveling. I'm not saying that was your intent with this, I'm just giving a speculative reason.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, this is such a shame, truly... perhaps send a ticket? Perhaps they will let you fix your quest? :(
  • Options
    njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    What!? This was an awesome quest! I really liked it... Whats going on?
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let em make their own content then.. im not giving em a single cent anymore
  • Options
    burns1124burns1124 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I enjoyed your mission, it was fun, relatively painless, and not exploitative. This knee-jerk reaction nerf/ban-hammer wave is ridiculous, and frankly way over the top.

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH "LORE" OR USELESS DIALOGUE NO ONE EVER READS, OR ENOUGH "FETCH THIS SHINY THING OVER THERE" IN YOUR QUESTS, AND SINCE IT CONTAINED AT LEAST 2 OGRES, WAS DEEMED AS A FARM MAP, AND THUS BANNED. GG CRYPTIC/PWE GG

P.S. Hit caps lock and was to lazy to retype stuff. One poster's point about copyrighted names might also have some merit. I'm just annoyed at this, I was looking forward to trying to create my first foundry this weekend. I'll be playing Path of Exile/Hawken/better f2p games in stead most likely. Good Luck!
  • Options
    mcjigglesmcjiggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played an enjoyed your mod. I didnt see it as being an exploit so i would have to guess copyright issues. Which i feel is dumb because you can just change a single letter in each name and still have the fun event
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DOOH ! my guess someone at whatever network it is on complained . It was cool though .
  • Options
    thaldristhaldris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great mission. No reason it should have been banned.
    "I start fightin' a war, I guarantee, you'll see somethin' new."
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. I played it many times, used it for the foundry dailies. It was laid out very nicely and you may have even seen my review.

2. I was expecting it to happen since it used some names invented by the Showtime show, while most were historical figures, some were not and are thus copywrited, including the name of the dungeon.

It sucks that this was banned and you were not told why, but #2 may well by the reason.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, i already mailed/ticketed in every possible way.

Probably naming and i can fix it easly but i dont see "publish" in foundry, so i cant even fix and republish it again.
    No clue, no idea. And no way to republish after fixing.

/sad
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What?
    Seriously?
    I played this one it's not an exploit,
    it's an arena type and after you defeat the champion, eventually you fight the leaders and get a quest to free the slaves,
    and then you leave the arena area and go after the rest of the slaves and slavers.

The point is, is that it has a story and it's not meant to be an exploit.

Edit:
    Ah, yeah I guess it could have been because of the name, copyright?
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What!? This was an awesome quest! I really liked it... Whats going on?

Ditto. It would seem someone overreacted and was overzealous with the ban hammer. My condolences to the creator.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, pretty sad.
    Pretty fun mission, 100% within the theme and in no way comparable with the ogre grind mods. Maybe that trapped giant flagged your quest as "to many special mobs".

Thats was one of my favored foundry missions to run for the daily quest. Hope they fix this mistake.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I liked your quest a lot. may have been for copyright issues or something because I know for sure yours was not an exploit.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i feel your pain.
  • Options
    njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Ditto. It would seem someone overreacted and was overzealous with the ban hammer. My condolences to the creator.

I'm nervous about my own Foundry now... I got some weird error stuck in it after the patch...
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This was one of the only non grind ones I liked. That's quite a shame if they removed it but like posted above, probably not enough RP for the RP nerds.

I agree with what you said earlier. go ahead and let them create their own content. At the rate they are going, they won't have any support. It's a shame really, it's quite a fun little game. Nothing groundbreaking, but a fun little game. I have also decided to stop spending money on this. I've bought some zen along with the pack, but I'm done with how they have handled this beginning and their overpriced shop.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh man I loved this one! I even tipped on it! Fun and not too long. Seems they should at least send a warning first and let you fix somethign. It was one of the most played foundry missions I believe.

Props to the author regardless. :)
  • Options
    adrynbadrynb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was actually planning on playing this one today as i've heard darn good things, however if, as someone in the thread mentioned, it uses copyrighted material then cryptic are legally required to remove it and are perfectly right to do so.
    Can we get alittle less rage and a little more reasonable thought on the forum please.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any mission removed they should at least give a basic reason. Common courtesy really since people are providing their time to provide content for the game.
  • Options
    northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    I played this, so I know it was just an arena fight. It might have gotten swept up in the wave of bans for power leveling. I'm not saying that was your intent with this, I'm just giving a speculative reason.
    If you played it actually, you would have known the arena fight was just a small portion of the adventure.

This was by far my favorite Foundry Quest to do!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the Arena fight is like... what 5-10% of the entire quest?
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of the few I actually enjoyed to play, very sorry to hear it was banned without reason.
    The xp grinds were very boring, this was not a simple xp grind, it had story and objectives above simply kill a bunch of things in a single room.

How can they possible expect people to spend their time building content for this game so that it may perhaps last awhile if they just randomly ban the content without reason.
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    If you played it actually, you would have known the arena fight was just a small portion of the adventure.

This was by far my favorite Foundry Quest to do!

yeah...I stand corrected. I've done a bunch, so they all get jumbled in my head :)

Probably the name, then.
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if it was the name,
    then they should have told the author to change it, or changed it themselves.
    Quite an easy thing to do,
    and I'm sure he wouldn't have minded changing it for them.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. Another massive over-reaction by Cryptic - are they actually trying to get as much bad publicity as possible?

This was a very fun quest, and the arena section was a fairly small but integral part of the quest story.

Finally whats the odds that I this thread is going to get locked (as a similar one was) for discussing a foundry mission that was unfairly banned.....
  • Options
    northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    sephere wrote: »
    Well, if it was the name,
    then they should have told the author to change it, or changed it themselves.
    Quite an easy thing to do,
    and I'm sure he wouldn't have minded changing it for them.
    Exactly, if the name was copyrighted, change the name. I saw Britney Spears in game, pretty sure it wasn't the pop "star", did they ban the account? Probably not.

What incentive will people have making content now if all that is going to happen is the Foundry Quests get banned? I sure as heck wouldn't waste my time.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played it, and quite enjoyed it. Maybe it was copyright infringement ... but so would redoing all the campaign modules lol.

Certainly no exploiting, and I always enjoy fighting elite mobs vs lot of trash.

Crappy man :/
This discussion has been closed.