test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Angel of Protection Companion Requires Logging Every Day for a Year!

Comments

• kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a reward for playing for 360 days.... it is not needed. It's probably not OP or anything silly. Just ignore it. If you are a completionist, then play 360 day. it is not hurting anyone by it taking that long to get.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think just need to add a " % chance " to get 1-10 coins when you invoke and it'd be ok, if you invoke/play enough you get it. But i agree... thats alot of work for a companion...
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please don't get rude and childish. There's people getting confused about that everywhere, and concluding (wrongly) that you do lose Ardent coins.

The fact that the big visible coin at the lower-right corner of the Ardent Store is Celestial Coins is confusing a lot of people, myself included. I didn't come to this thread until *after* researching into that and coming to an incorrect solution.

Actually, you begin with the childish snide remark. You could have avoided additionally looking like a db by simply stating you were wrong.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i think just need to add a " % chance " to get 1-10 coins when you invoke and it'd be ok, if you invoke/play enough you get it. But i agree... thats alot of work for a companion...

Work? Are you completely mad?
  • novagenesisxxxxnovagenesisxxxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Actually, you begin with the childish snide remark. You could have avoided additionally looking like a db by simply stating you were wrong.

I admit I was confused about coins, and apologize for taking your original post to seem rude, snide, childish, and ignorant. I do suggest going back and seeing how I saw it as such. It may be in your best interest in future endeavors to speak more carefully as to avoid an awkward mis-communication to the wrong person.
  • dezman00000dezman00000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It only requires you to log in and pray, takes 1 minute.
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    I understand that this is a long term goal
    get it? long term. There sure is alot of stuff in here in which they really need you to stay.
    i agree
    they're a tad bit scared
    though they should be
    their cash shop is doing the harm.
    It will be up to them to change that
    your worries will evaporate
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just need to put the training manuals in the store for the white companions (healer etc). The angel seems like more of a vanity item to me. I would bet it has the same abilities or similar to the cleric companion?
  • vyssalarevyssalare Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    360 times. That's 6 hours.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think of it as a veteran reward . And many people will log in everyday anyways . 1 year veteran reward = angel companion
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    I'm personally excited about saving up to get it. I have every intention of playing for the next year and finding 2 minutes to log in a day is easy enough to do.

I'm so sick of hearing how everyone wants everything -right now-. I'm not playing this for a few weeks, I plan to play this game for years. Plus they are planning on adding in the ability to upgrade the white companions so you can have your healer sooner then that.
  • samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't bother with the angel. It will probably be underpowered in a year and you have to lvl it once you get it anyway.
    I summon my cleric between battles to heal me, then switch back to a fighting companion. As a wizard I need a companion that wont stand behind me and use me as a meat shield.
  • samus1001samus1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    samanthya wrote: »
    I have every intention of playing for the next year and finding 2 minutes to log in a day is easy enough to do.

I'm so sick of hearing how everyone wants everything -right now-. I'm not playing this for a few weeks, I plan to play this game for years. Plus they are planning on adding in the ability to upgrade the white companions so you can have your healer sooner then that.

This ^^^^^

To everyone else:
    The game is in Theta testing. If you already have a lvl 60 then how much "testing" did you really do?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Think of it as a veteran reward . And many people will log in everyday anyways . 1 year veteran reward = angel companion

This is exactly right. Although I have to wonder if in ~300 days they'll put a new 720-coin shiny in the rewards...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    This is exactly right. Although I have to wonder if in ~300 days they'll put a new 720-coin shiny in the rewards...

If they do, there will be a thunderous slapping sound heard across the shards as thousands simultaneously face-palm. lol
  • gorbulasgorbulas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Angel is not the only thing to buy in the shop! Even if it is, I agree that it costs way too much with coins coming in at one a day. Believe it or not, this is your typical F2P game and a lot of people will move on in a month or two for something new and fresh. Games needs to get you engaged NOW and NOT LATER. I honestly don't see anything so special about this game. I am already halfway out the door and as I learn more about the game its pushing me even farther.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only people that can be pissed, are the ones that looked at it in BW2-3 and said 'hey great 1 month reward'

Or the people who bought founders packs for the unicorn they removed ... lol. Or the people that paid silver for ID scrolls. Or the people who paid gold for T2-3 mounts. Or the people who wanted $5 respecs and $9 profession packs ..

Sucks to beta test some days. I'd rather not know all the things we had but were taken away. ijs

Nothing more than greed. They do not want to lose any potential sales of CS companion to people who are saving up for a month. I am really sad about their business model and how much they care about the people who paid for beta
  • silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Woohoo, Free pet after playing for a year!
  • cktulica13cktulica13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should up the coins after a while.
    Like 1 coin the first 50 days then the next 50 you get 2 coins or something
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Veteran reward for long time players? Outrageous! How could ANYONE do this? (all mmos do that, nerd rage somewhere else instant gratification worms).
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is something I really was happy about. I like to have something im striving for in a game. With the Ardent Coins I can really deck out a Paladin and/or Avenger in the future. Get the Armored White Horse, Greatsword of the Kings and the Angel companion... <boom>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gorbulas wrote: »
    The Angel is not the only thing to buy in the shop! Even if it is, I agree that it costs way too much with coins coming in at one a day. Believe it or not, this is your typical F2P game and a lot of people will move on in a month or two for something new and fresh. Games needs to get you engaged NOW and NOT LATER. I honestly don't see anything so special about this game. I am already halfway out the door and as I learn more about the game its pushing me even farther.

So why would that people get something that is meant for dedicated players?
    Its not item for 'typical F2P player'.
    If you don't see anything special about the game, then probably you won't be the one getting the angel. I will surely use it one day.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    How about adding ardent coins to the nightmare lockbox ?
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That companion looks pretty nifty.

I have no problem with this.

So what?

There is something that is a long term goal.

Wouldn't you put something in the game that requires a long investment?

I would if it was my company.

Besides, be happy there is something the exploiters haven't figured out how to snake...yet.

Leave it as it is.

I fully expect there to be plenty of new companions in the future you can buy outright including new healers.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    360 Ardent Coins You get one Ardent coin the first time you Invoke, per day.
    That means you have to log in every day for an entire year* just to get a pet.

I'm sure there's an important issue here, but for the life of me, after reading the post more than once, I'm not seeing it.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *shrug* Hardly the only game to offer rewards for long-term play.

If they'd unlock training manuals so there was some way to level cleric companions past 15, no one would care.
  • lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It only requires you to log in and pray, takes 1 minute.

Heheh well said. ;)

I think it's a great idea.
    20.jpg
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Well I really want the angel of protection companion .. maybe if we offer zen to the gods of Faerun that they hasten to grant us the protection of such powerful beings :)
  • hyphenjayhyphenjay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems like there's some sort of exploit already regarding ardent coins
    saw someone selling the Angel in zone chat today >_>
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hyphenjay wrote: »
    seems like there's some sort of exploit already regarding ardent coins
    saw someone selling the Angel in zone chat today >_>

Just because they "say" they have one, don't always believe them. I forget the thread, but someone complained they got ripped off after sending a lot of AD and not getting the item the person said (mount i think).

Also, it's not like this game has a sub, so they aren't making you sub for a year before you get it. You don't even have to log in every day in a row, as long as they equal 360, you will get it. Could take two years if you take time off, or more. It's incentive to play, and that's it.
This discussion has been closed.