test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

the game starts already to get boring :O

2»

Comments

• Options
    vongurravongurra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i can say yes i powerlvled for the reason that i played alot of beta so i had read most of the story , so yeah i like the story , but stil the game only offers dungeons and the amount of dungeons is fine and pvp at endgame , thats the 2 things you can do to make your character stronger , which is a base thing in an mmo.

And about the power lvling , its a very linear quest story so aint hard to lvl up it goes extremly fast and i lvled up to 50 in closed beta so i knew most of the quests. so its not like i dont read the story or the lore books.

What i mean with the dungeon fights is that they are much the same same , and i dont think they should change the current ones but when they release new stuff maybe they should try bring in more mechanics into the fights rather then adds.

For pvp (which i know its not a high priority for cryptic) but give a few more maps , bring in more game modes for exp capture the flag , death match (arena fight) , maybe some kind of pve fights like (alterac valley from wow) these things aint that hard to put ingame.

I wish there was a way in foundry to make 5man dungeons with bosses but i guess thats quite hard to make happen if they dont make a couple of bosses to use , and i guess that would be boss fights like in the current dungeons and that wouldnt be so fun too see same bosses. (Gonna look more into foundry maybe to the weekend)

I like how the combat works, love the world just that the content is abit low at endgame and i guess i just have to wait and see, for what is coming in the future!
  • Options
    kendokkenkendokken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wakerglass wrote: »
    yeah i'm afraid this is usually the truth when people complain about being bored before a game is even a week old.

i agree this game doesn't bring too much new to the table, but it's impossible to keep folks who have far too much free time on their hands happy when it comes to video games. i dont' want to tell you slow down, because you'll play how you play. but it would obviously help if you would.

slow down, that is.

It's not entirely their fault. Devs these days make leveling extremely fast and entirely too repetative.
    Hell I actively try to slow things down because i like the journey and end-game for me is making an alt. Yet i have leveled 3 rogues to almost 40 already (rerolling to try different specs, since i'm not paying 6bucks to try something out), a GWF to 15, 2 GFs to almost 30 and a Cleric to 20ish. (no CW as I can't stand that stupid combat stance/animation).
    Personally I won't even play end-game. Pointless repetative gear treadmills don't entertain me, and MMOs suck for PvP so rushing to the end doesn't interest me at all. Sadly that seems to be the only thing devs code these days.

If they gave players more things to do besides combat, combat and some more combat it might slow them down. And if they could make the leveling a bit more entertaining players might not rush to end-game as much.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vongurra wrote: »
    My impressions of the game so far.

To start with i love the combat system its great!
    but in the later game the dungeons become very much same same bosses with loads of adds some few machanics , and that with a crappy loot system , i beleive the game needs class specific need/greed rolls , maybe need before greed or something like that , because if you are not in an premade group everyone is just gonna roll need on whatever , and try sell the item or trade it for gear that they need.

I also feel that the faundry will sadly not save this game , i mean its great that you can make your own quests to share with the community , ive done a few some are great but i beleive the majority of players wants to get some loot for the effort , and at lvl60 its not that really much to do except dungeons/pvp , its no open world grinding to do :/
    I feel skirmiches aint worth the time either

The crafting system is lame aswell time consuming piece of garbage, for example i have grinded pvp and dungeons alot i have almost full epic except head piece and green lvl 15 or 30 shirt and pants ?

I put my hopes for gauntlgrym whenever its coming out but starting to get bored just abit above a week after its realeased is bad.

I also thinks that the respec cost should be changed to free people will not spend money to "tryout" specs atleast while its beta.

How to you guys/girls feel about endgame content and such ?

It may not be the game for you. I'm not being rude telling you to quit or anything, not all games are for all people though and if I was bored I would try something else..
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still having a blast, since Alpha I'm on like my sixth character, I always find something to keep me occupied. Neverwinter isn't a hardcore gamers cup of tea and it never will be...that isn't a bad thing by the way.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    We are in Beta? This is Beta? Why wouldn't you get bored playing an incomplete game?

What you see now is 99% of what there will be in many years, wake the **** up.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    lyth4nd3rlyth4nd3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vongurra wrote: »
    My impressions of the game so far.

To start with i love the combat system its great!
    but in the later game the dungeons become very much same same bosses with loads of adds some few machanics , and that with a crappy loot system , i beleive the game needs class specific need/greed rolls , maybe need before greed or something like that , because if you are not in an premade group everyone is just gonna roll need on whatever , and try sell the item or trade it for gear that they need.

I also feel that the faundry will sadly not save this game , i mean its great that you can make your own quests to share with the community , ive done a few some are great but i beleive the majority of players wants to get some loot for the effort , and at lvl60 its not that really much to do except dungeons/pvp , its no open world grinding to do :/
    I feel skirmiches aint worth the time either

The crafting system is lame aswell time consuming piece of garbage, for example i have grinded pvp and dungeons alot i have almost full epic except head piece and green lvl 15 or 30 shirt and pants ?

I put my hopes for gauntlgrym whenever its coming out but starting to get bored just abit above a week after its realeased is bad.

I also thinks that the respec cost should be changed to free people will not spend money to "tryout" specs atleast while its beta.

How to you guys/girls feel about endgame content and such ?
    Perfectly agree with all you said man
  • Options
    shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    This post reminds me of kids who eat all their Hallowe'en candy in one night and then complain about a stomach ache and that they've run out of candy.

The game is really good. From my insignificant perspective, I humbly submit, If you're bored already, it's a stern reflection of your ADD, not the game.

And no, it's not because "you're hardcore". Don't flatter yourself. You just lack the imagination to enjoy D&D, a game that pretty much has always required an active imagination to truly appreciate.

You might consider that harsh, that's fair enough, but forgive me for offering some "hardcore" rebuttal to this idea that the really "hardcore" gamers can't enjoy the game beyond a single week of play. It's the tired lie I've seen several MMOs indicted with.

Okay I am going to have to say I really and truly disagree with you there saying " You just lack the imagination to enjoy D&D". For the most part this game has proven one thing. It is not a D&D game... It is more in the name than anything. D&D traps in dungeons? People just run through them like they are nothing. D&D puzzles for dungeons? not even there at all. This game is way to much of a rush to do anything. I play slowly due to personal back issues I am dealing with yet I have gotten two characters to 60 and I am bored. Do I try to rush a game? No... Yet if I am getting these toons to 60 so fast and I am bored there is seriously something wrong.

I am a old time player of D&D board games and this game has done a horrid job of producting something to savor and remind a player they are playing an actual D&D MMO. It has the landscape and a bit of a story but it could have been call Swords R' Rush and could have been sold like that due to the fact it is just a shallow rep. of a true D&D type game.

And for my favorite thing... Crafting! How do these companies decide they just want to spit on "Crafting" like they have been doing for the past few years. There are two type of people who craft, one is the person who just do it to be doing it. The other is the player like me who enjoy it for what it is. I love crafting that means I don't want to see some stupid app nor do I want to see some timechart that tells me when it is done. I want to see my character actually crafting... I know everyone will not agree with me on this because most people are not crafting because they like crafting.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shadow71 wrote: »
    Okay I am going to have to say I really and truly disagree with you there saying " You just lack the imagination to enjoy D&D". For the most part this game has proven one thing. It is not a D&D game... It is more in the name than anything. D&D traps in dungeons? People just run through them like they are nothing. D&D puzzles for dungeons? not even there at all. This game is way to much of a rush to do anything. I play slowly due to personal back issues I am dealing with yet I have gotten two characters to 60 and I am bored. Do I try to rush a game? No... Yet if I am getting these toons to 60 so fast and I am bored there is seriously something wrong.

I am a old time player of D&D board games and this game has done a horrid job of producting something to savor and remind a player they are playing an actual D&D MMO. It has the landscape and a bit of a story but it could have been call Swords R' Rush and could have been sold like that due to the fact it is just a shallow rep. of a true D&D type game.

And for my favorite thing... Crafting! How do these companies decide they just want to spit on "Crafting" like they have been doing for the past few years. There are two type of people who craft, one is the person who just do it to be doing it. The other is the player like me who enjoy it for what it is. I love crafting that means I don't want to see some stupid app nor do I want to see some timechart that tells me when it is done. I want to see my character actually crafting... I know everyone will not agree with me on this because most people are not crafting because they like crafting.

I agree. It doesn't feel like D&D at all. A few names of towns, a few spells and abilities, etc. That's it. I'll admit, I didn't play 4e rules. If this is anything like that ruleset (classes, skills, feats), then that wouldn't feel like D&D either. I like the complexity of D&D. This, and 4e I suppose, is too easy and shallow to be called D&D.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 4 characters, highest is 51 (so I've not rushed to grind to end-game by any means) and the game was starting to get boring within 12 hours of my first log in.

There are ways to alleviate that boredom: make the game open-world so that exploration becomes a significant aspect of the game-play, allow the use of more powers, add in far more social elements, totally redesign crafting from the ground up (its probably the worst craft system I have ever seen).

The one major thing the game had going for it was the Foundry, and they've even managed the FUBAR that.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    people lvl through questing fast because they did not come to lvl, they lvld fast so they could check out if there is any interesting stuff to do in the game when you are fully lvld.

adds adds adds, dodge dodge dodge.
  • Options
    runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Got to 60, made new chars, lvl again.
    Boredom gone. I just hope they release that big update soon before i get all classes to 60 lmao.
  • Options
    ultimombraultimombra Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We need deadly traps, stronger bosses, less trash mobs but the rimanent of them more powerfull, in one word more challenge in PvE...after that, when the difficulty has incresed, give us some new different ways to advance in game like activated objects as Wands of bolts, Traps to leave on terrain etc. , of course to create a trap we need the SKILL to create it or create the wand of fireballs and don't forget weaponsmith and arcana so for example a character TR with min. INT 18 can read a scroll and cast a spell if he wants and put less points in COS or STR because he likes so, too!
    My heart is in peace that isn't D&D but i feel restricted in a lot of ways, i would like to feel unique and the only way to do that is giving us the freedom to make mistake while building/levelling our character...but at the moment we have NO possibility to get wrong because with have NO CHOICE!!!

I prefer to pay 59 euro for a complete product than waiting, asking, preying and waiting again getting boring and sad hoping DEVS say something! I like that game, has potential and fortunately summer knocked at the door so I don't mind to much that the game is uncomplished but in september when everybody comes back from the beaches and holidays, happy to play again NEVERWINTER everything has to be fixed and improved for more free exploration and character development otherwise even if I love the IP and the potential in the hands of CRYPTIC, some new games shall going to release their products: TES ONLINE, THE WITCHER3, DRAGON AGE INQUISITION and DARKSOULS2...!

I TRUST IN YOU CRYPTIC DONT DISAPPOINT THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE D&D COMMUNITY! (no motherlanguage)

Norman Stoneberg GF 60 Mindflyer
    The Unseen Knight
  • Options
    efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    I agree OP, this game is becoming boring rather quickly..

When i started playing WoW back in 04 the boring factor did not kick in for me until 2012 when i finally gave it up after 8 years.

Even WoW at release took a LONG time to hit max. It wasn't just handed over in a month of cassual play like in games released today.

I played eq2 faithfully for 7 years. paying for the monthly sub willingly. Without having to be charged for every little f*cking thing. I left when the game became just nother wanna be WoW (after vanilla) themepark. =( Been hunting another game with substance since. Devs dont want to make games with substance though. They just want money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP makes some valid points.

Foundry could be the saving grace of this game but it's being held back by poor rewards for level 60 players and all the restrictions that creators have to deal with make them unable to make truly "epic" quests.

Crafting is borderline useless and needs a complete overhaul. Crafting should be usually the "drive" of the economy in these games, instead, up to now, it's been DD runs. Now with next patch, even if many epic sets become BoP (but some will still remain BoE, like the dev mentioned in the sticky), I still don't see people shelling out stupid amounts of Astral Diamonds to buy the sub-par crafted gear, I think they'll just go run the dungeons themselves instead.