Install Arc
Options

Hero of the North founder pack lacking

2»

Comments

• Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes the pack isn't worth it, but at least your donation is helping keep the game free for the rest of us. My wife bought the $200 pack, but she is a huge D&D fan. She is happy with it, other than the Panther and crappy bag that is.
  • Options
    scruffycavetrollscruffycavetroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Yes the pack isn't worth it, but at least your donation is helping keep the game free for the rest of us. My wife bought the $200 pack, but she is a huge D&D fan. She is happy with it, other than the Panther and crappy bag that is.

We accept your thanks...rest of you normies should follow your example and thank us ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We accept your thanks...rest of you normies should follow your example and thank us ;)

Lol, well you certainly keep true to your name.
  • Options
    trixiefantrixiefan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I only bought the Guardian pack well that and I really don't like spiders at all so a giant spider as a mount was a big turnoff.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    You should have done your research and just bought $50 worth of Zen like most of us did. Now after selling my Zen, I got more AD and value than the HotN people.

If you got more than 2M AD for the $50, then you did so on the first two days and it was maybe a couple hundred thousand more. People who played a week before you were able to sell blue items at the AH for 100k+ a piece -- the same pieces that now sell for 200 AD --, so playing early allowed for AD making opportunities that no longer exist.

The HotN pack includes a T3 mount for every character you have or make in the future (so that alone equals another $40). The T3 striker pet is also for every character, UNLIKE the companions from the Zen store, which are for one character only and cost $30 a piece. We don't know yet how much the upgrade tomes will be, but upgrading a T2 mount to a T3 mount costs over 2M AD, so that is another $50+ (increases every day as the rate keeps going down) if the companion upgrade costs are comparable. And that is for every and each character. A HotN or Guardian has a T3 striker companion for every character.

The Guardian pack is the better deal, no doubt, but the HotN pack isn't all that bad. It did include the headstart, beta participation, an extra title, being able to play Drow even now (I don't play one, but it does matter to others), a unique companion, a unique mount skin (though I expect it to be re-used, but then it will still have a price tag), the free bag, the respec tokens, the additional character slots ... all of this adds up. I would have bought most of this anyway, so in the end it doesn't make much of a difference (but chiefly, I had wanted to support the game -- and I would do it again).
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Panther isnt completely worthless. The completely worthless companion is the kelemvor cleric companion. She just stands there and does nothing. Her life steal buff doesn't work and Im not sure if her defense buff works either.
  • Options
    kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The panther gets better at rank 30, when it can basically knock guys prone every 4 or so seconds.

All they really need to do to fix the panther is making the pounce attack not take forever.
  • Options
    scruffycavetrollscruffycavetroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Lol, well you certainly keep true to your name.

yeah well, just don't let that automatically write everything off i say as trollish...i do have a good idea now and then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The panther gets better at rank 30, when it can basically knock guys prone every 4 or so seconds.

All they really need to do to fix the panther is making the pounce attack not take forever.

Really? My wife's Panther is rank 30 and it still just sits there while she tries to cast at things or even when she is attacked. Oh, it also often takes a swipe at the air.
    It is the only companion that we have seen doing this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah well, just don't let that automatically write everything off i say as trollish...i do have a good idea now and then.

:D

/10 char.
  • Options
    biifzorbiifzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the pack to get around farming a mount and for the new race. Besides that its always a great feeling paying for a game you like, everyone should acknowledge that this is the main reason there are packs.

The only issue with the pack, which in all is very generous and versatile, is the god awful companion Panther.
    A lvl1 man-at-arms does me alot more good then a lvl25 Panther (where im at right now).

Its not only that the Panther lacks usefull skills (except maybe the prone-attack on lvl30). Its that it doesnt really get a chance to attack a given mob due to problems with its AI and combat animations.
    - It doesnt acknowledge that you are in a fight most of the times and takes too long to react
    - The pounce takes too long and in 90% of cases just hits the air where the mob was standing
    Besides that; When it actually does get a hit in the damage is near null

Whether or not the people that bought the packs are stupid, or got their moneys worth, is irrelevant. The Panther companion is a part of the game that needs to be fixed.
    And Since the Panther is not something you gain from simply playing the game, but instead is something you buy, you as a consumer has the right to demand some level of quality.

Lets hope they fix the Panther soon!
  • Options
    nakagoxxnakagoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the fence about getting the HotN pack. I really like the idea of Drow for Cleric / Rogue. Love the look and the racials. I also really like the idea of getting the mount for all my characters, as well as the other goodies. I have heard alot of complaints about the Panther though, I was curious, do we need to wait till level 16+ to use the Panther? Also do we need to be level 20 to use the Spider mount?