test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hero of the North founder pack lacking

nomminguznomminguz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So i purchased the hero of the north pack because it looked amazing, after purchasing i figured out there is only really 3-4 things that are actually worth buying the pack and the rest is lacking...

first up, the things that are actually really good about the pack...

Diamonds, lots of them, not as much as you would hope for given how much we paid and the exchange rate on AD-Zen but a decent amount still i guess...

Armored spider mount, removes so much of the wait between getting to lvl 20 and getting your first mount then having to train to lvl 3.

Delzoun treasure chest, still havent hit 60 so im not sure if this is actually great or not given RNG or what items can actually come out of it, are they completely random or am i guaranteed something for my class?

VIP access to the game, while this would come in handy if the servers were ever under a queue, i've never experienced one yet but time will tell...

Greycloaks Legacy, great way to start off your adventure wish the weapon would scale with level but i understand why it wouldnt

as for the rest, couple of cosmetic stuff that is pretty much normal in these types of packs then you come to the lacking parts...

The panther, attacks so slowly and is quite far from an ideal companion pet unless you wanna roleplay as a drow trickster rogue and call yourself Drizzt... (i know he isnt really a rogue but its the closest class you'll get to him in this game...) needs a lot of love to bring it up to the level where it should be at considering the price we pay to get it...

the VIP room in the moonstone mask, there is nothing in there... at all... it should have at the very least special vendors where we could get discounts on potions or kits, maybe special vendors with lvl 60 blue items that are exclusive to hero of the north purchasers or even vendors with cosmetic items to change the look of your armor past just the color... anything would be great in there, anything is better than nothing!

couple of other niggly little things not really worth mentioning in here, but those 2 things are half of the reason i purchased the pack in the first place and it'd be great to see a mention on if something is being done to improve on them or what the go is...

please no flaming or trolling, this is my opinion and i am entitled to it as are you all, have some respect in your responses
Post edited by nomminguz on

Comments

• Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Delzoun treasure box weapon is similar in damage to the PvP weapon. it's in between unicorn and drake seal weapons.

VIP was great on the 30th, most people had upwards of a 1 hour wait and I was able to get in in about 15 seconds.

Greycloaks Legacy weapon will last you till around 30-35 then you'll want to find something with higher damage.

Panther sucks, only reason I could see that we werent able to use it in any of the closed beta's.

Bonus is that the companion will be there for every character you create (up to 50 for the account), or maybe it isnt a bonus.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What a surprise.
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nomminguz wrote: »
    So i purchased the hero of the north pack because it looked amazing, after purchasing i figured out there is only really 3-4 things that are actually worth buying the pack and the rest is lacking...

first up, the things that are actually really good about the pack...

Diamonds, lots of them, not as much as you would hope for given how much we paid and the exchange rate on AD-Zen but a decent amount still i guess...

Armored spider mount, removes so much of the wait between getting to lvl 20 and getting your first mount then having to train to lvl 3.

Delzoun treasure chest, still havent hit 60 so im not sure if this is actually great or not given RNG or what items can actually come out of it, are they completely random or am i guaranteed something for my class?

VIP access to the game, while this would come in handy if the servers were ever under a queue, i've never experienced one yet but time will tell...

Greycloaks Legacy, great way to start off your adventure wish the weapon would scale with level but i understand why it wouldnt

as for the rest, couple of cosmetic stuff that is pretty much normal in these types of packs then you come to the lacking parts...

The panther, attacks so slowly and is quite far from an ideal companion pet unless you wanna roleplay as a drow trickster rogue and call yourself Drizzt... (i know he isnt really a rogue but its the closest class you'll get to him in this game...) needs a lot of love to bring it up to the level where it should be at considering the price we pay to get it...

the VIP room in the moonstone mask, there is nothing in there... at all... it should have at the very least special vendors where we could get discounts on potions or kits, maybe special vendors with lvl 60 blue items that are exclusive to hero of the north purchasers or even vendors with cosmetic items to change the look of your armor past just the color... anything would be great in there, anything is better than nothing!

couple of other niggly little things not really worth mentioning in here, but those 2 things are half of the reason i purchased the pack in the first place and it'd be great to see a mention on if something is being done to improve on them or what the go is...

please no flaming or trolling, this is my opinion and i am entitled to it as are you all, have some respect in your responses

Hmm..you bought the pack on yr own accord. All the items u get are as listed. Nothing more or less.

Now u regret the purchase, its not the pack fault. You made the choice.

But i agree that the VIP lounge is a vapourware. There is nothing at all inside.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    You

What happened here?
  • Options
    duerandduerand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm..you bought the pack on yr own accord. All the items u get are as listed. Nothing more or less.

Now u regret the purchase, its not the pack fault. You made the choice.

But i agree that the VIP lounge is a vapourware. There is nothing at all inside.

That is a worthless reply and adds nothing to the conversation. Not only is it worthless but it is totally wrong. It is the packs fault that we regret the purchase. That is the issue. We do not regret supporting the game as early adopters. We regret being very underwhelmed by how they rewarded the early adopters. Of course it was our choice to purchase it. That whole statement was just silly.

The fact is the Hero of the North Founders pack is very lacking and needs work. I purchased it thinking the items it came with were better than they are. These are people that are supporting the game before it launches. We have that much faith in your vision for the game. We are the people that have opinions that matter. We are the ones that spend the money which is what this whole thing is about. We are simply asking that you take another look at the Hero of the North founders pack. Presently I have to recommend to my friends NOT to buy any of the founders packs. Not because the game isn't good. Only because I am very disappointed in the work that was put into making this an exceptional experience for early supporters that it should be.

Hopefully you care enough about our opinion to look over it again.
  • Options
    nomminguznomminguz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for acknowledging these problems exist guys and thanks for the insight into some of my concerns jetah hopefully the devs will avknowledge these problems and fix them up for us, its an amazing game and im not at all regretting my decision to help with the development costs of the game, merely disappointed that those of us who chose to spend our (mostly) hard earned money arent getting what we should be, i mean the guardian pack is almost better than the hero of the north pack...

As i said, no regrets no anger just disappointment and hope that they will fix these things up for us and help us further enjoy the game to which we put our money
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another "I bought it, now give me more because I demand it" elitist QQ thread.

Well I didn't buy a pack, I bought the zen instead to pick what I wanted. I'd love to have the spider mount. Please PWE/CRYPTIC put the spider mount in zen shop so I can buy it. It's not fair that I would have to buy a $200 pack to get the only item in it that I actually want. I demand more for my zen than just what's currently available. Also, due to exchange rate fluctuations for Zen - AD conversions, I am also requesting 450k AD's added to my account for my underselling my zen.

oh yeah. almost forgot. +1 for troll thread
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You bought it knowing exactly what you were getting. I got it for the Menzo Renegade, the rest is a plus including what HotN gives to much of PWE's other games.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    You should have done your research and just bought $50 worth of Zen like most of us did. Now after selling my Zen, I got more AD and value than the HotN people.
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    HotN tears are for free...
  • Options
    nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Views of 'value' is different from one person to another, I'm very happy with my purchase :)
    More importantly, I'm happy that I was able to support the devs and cant wait to get more out of this game as time goes on.
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If im the mod, i will just dump this useless thread into the Lower Depths.

I cannot imagine if i am the boss of a shop, and all customers return to demand more for stuff they have bought out of their free will and items received exactly as stated.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the VIP lounge has topless waitresses .

well technically since they are dudes its topless waiters .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Another "I bought it, now give me more because I demand it" elitist QQ thread.

Well I didn't buy a pack, I bought the zen instead to pick what I wanted. I'd love to have the spider mount. Please PWE/CRYPTIC put the spider mount in zen shop so I can buy it. It's not fair that I would have to buy a $200 pack to get the only item in it that I actually want. I demand more for my zen than just what's currently available. Also, due to exchange rate fluctuations for Zen - AD conversions, I am also requesting 450k AD's added to my account for my underselling my zen.

oh yeah. almost forgot. +1 for troll thread

Gtfo please... this isnt a QQ elitist blah blah blah thread its a thread to hopefully get the developer to support the people that actually cared enough about the game to purchase the hotn pack what we deserve... good on you for buying zen, i have as well and i will continue to as long as the game is populated enough to make it worth it...

If you didnt buy the pack your opinion is invalid, if you did but liked what you got then good on you...

As for buying it knowing exactly what we were getting? Thats a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. the founders page gives a vague description at best and no specific information on a lot of the items at worst...
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If im the mod, i will just dump this useless thread into the Lower Depths.

I cannot imagine if i am the boss of a shop, and all customers return to demand more for stuff they have bought out of their free will and items received exactly as stated.

You mean the 'Sea of a Thousand Truths'? Yes, it is getting filled up, down there.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And here I was happy about just supporting a game I really want to do well by purchasing one Hero of the North pack and one Guardian pack.I supported Path of Exile in the same way,shame it didn't work out for me and POE,though I'm still happy to have supported the game.

Neverwinter packs could have been empty for all I care,it's the game I really want,not the extras.However it does clearly state what the packs include.

But yeah,I respect your opnion if you respect mine.
  • Options
    neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you trade your AD now, you're going to get a bad deal. AD to Zen is going down which means you can get more zen if you wait a while. After a week, it went from 500 to 400.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah obviously the ad-zen trade will go down... on another unrelated note, never ceases to amaze me just how many keyboard warrior forum trolls that lack reading comprehension there are in any mmorpg forum...

I have clearly stated many times now, this isnt a complaint thread or a "QQ i want more" thread (good amount of stuff included imho) more of a constructive feedback thread...

The main issues i have bought up are that of the "VIP" room which is completely empty, and the companion that SHOULD be a lot better than it is...

I love the game and i am very happy with the majority of the pack and i am not regretting me decision to support the development by purchasing the hotn pack 1 bit, just want to see these 2 things fixed up to what they should be...
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gtfo please... this isnt a QQ elitist blah blah blah thread its a thread to hopefully get the developer to support the people that actually cared enough about the game to purchase the hotn pack what we deserve... good on you for buying zen, i have as well and i will continue to as long as the game is populated enough to make it worth it...

If you didnt buy the pack your opinion is invalid, if you did but liked what you got then good on you...

As for buying it knowing exactly what we were getting? Thats a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. the founders page gives a vague description at best and no specific information on a lot of the items at worst...

LMFAO. You sir are the typical elitist here and that comment is all anyone browsing this needs to read. That is the point. You are obviously a fool. I choose not to buy the HoTN or Guardian pack due to there being BETTER options for me by going the zen route over purchasing a pack. Of which, you clearly state you are disappointed in. I, on the other hand, can clearly read what I am buying, and based on that, make an intelligent and informed decision on what to purchase.

As for supporting the game, sorry, fail again. The packs are nothing compared to what some people are forking over in zen to buy keys to unlock lockboxes. So, what about these people? What about myself? where is our "over and above" compensation for spending more money than you clearly did? And a bonus for not griping about it later.

/facepalm for obvious ignorance

however, thank you for keeping this game F2P for everyone else. :D
  • Options
    kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    You should have done your research and just bought $50 worth of Zen like most of us did. Now after selling my Zen, I got more AD and value than the HotN people.

Minus the fact that I have 5 characters each one with a 30~ dollar mount and a 30~ dollar companion. Plus an assorted array of other bonuses available to every single one of my characters... Not exactly sure where you're coming from thinking you got a good deal...
  • Options
    misterjunmisterjun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well...I was tempted to...now I'm glad I didn't get it.
  • Options
    logludloglud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Current exchange rate (as of 5:15 AM PST 5/7/13) is approx 388 AD per Zen. This comes out to your AD 5154 Zen for a conversion to approx $51.54. This price will only increase as the zen becomes weaker.

$50

Currently it cost 2,832,000 AD to get a level 3 mount. This at the exchange rate of the current (better for you prices) of 388 comes out to 7398 zen which is about $73.98

$74

The item that drops from this is usually about around a t2 purple from what I've seen. On average those go for approx 2,000,000 yet again coming out to another $51.54.

Also with this comes a brilliant weapon enchant which assuming that 64 lessers -> 16 normal -> 4 greater -> 1 briliant your looking at around 500,000 for the cheapest lesser. you get 1 brilliant, and assuming perfect fusions every time thats 64 * 500000 = 32,000,000 = $824.75. We wont include this as i expect this to drop drastically but its still quite a bit

$50

Ill agree with you on this for now, but rumor has it there may only be one shard when the game comes out, so idk. Well see though, you could be right.
    The panther, attacks so slowly and is quite far from an ideal companion pet ...
    Um keep in mind the panther is a purple level pet that most wont get to see for a very long time and even when they do it will most likely cost them around another 2,500,000 AD for the leveling compendiums (like the horse). They can always spend the 3000 zen to get the other compainion, well call this $30

$30

One thing you did fail to mention is that you also got a Free Respec at 500 Zen and 3 char slots at 500 zen a piece. 2000 Zen at $20

$20

OVERALL

$50 in AD
    $74 in Riding
    $50 in endgame gear (arguably way more)
    $30 in a pet
    $20 in rerolls and char slots
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I still feel the $199.00 is a steal for what you get. The renegade class and awesome spider mount was what I wanted... the rest is Cream!
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loglud wrote: »
    Currently it cost 2,832,000 AD to get a level 3 mount. This at the exchange rate of the current (better for you prices) of 388 comes out to 7398 zen which is about $73.98

$74

As if anyone with a brain would pay that much for a SINGLE mount when a rank 3 ACCOUNT unlock horse costs 3000 ZEN.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Minus the fact that I have 5 characters each one with a 30~ dollar mount and a 30~ dollar companion.

A bit incorrect. As founders we get three more character slots (hardly worth mentioning, since one can simply create multiple accounts), and the Panther pet has been deemed useless by the HotN community.
    Anyway, at level cap you will either use the Stone or the Cat.

The mount I agree on, it's is actually nice and I was quite surprised. But now there are so many whiners about it that Cryptic may nerf its speed, making it worthless.

I knew this pack was a "meh" deal going into the purchase, but I wanted to support Cryptic. Would I do it again knowing now what I do? Probably not. They haven't been honest about the availability of said pack, nor the fact that the Panther was simply a buggy fluff piece.

I would have gotten a lot more value out of spending $100 on Zen, especially considering the promotion on gaming cards that Wally World had. I bought $120 worth of Zen for just $80. Like always they completely ignored the limit one per customer part of the promo.

All that being said, I chose to support Cryptic for making a game I like, and it's not like I don't have disposable income. I just wish they would have been more upfront about the pet (allowing the Panther to be tested in beta), and the "limited" availability (with the fluff countdown timer that has now been removed).

Edit:
    loglud wrote: »
    Plus the item from the chest is godly it might pay for the whole package for whats its worth.

Umm... No... It's the equivalent of the PvP weapon you can get for doing just a few matches.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    Greycloaks Legacy weapon will last you till around 30-35 then you'll want to find something with higher damage.

I'm impressed that it lasted you to 30. I started finding and using better weapons around 20.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As usual, it all comes down to how you value things. If the content doesn't appeal to you, don't get the pack and then whine about it.

That said, the bag we get is bloody useless :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I'm impressed that it lasted you to 30. I started finding and using better weapons around 20.

Had a better weapon at 18 already. No idea how it lasted that guy till 30...
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »

Panther sucks, only reason I could see that we werent able to use it in any of the closed beta's.

Bonus is that the companion will be there for every character you create (up to 50 for the account), or maybe it isnt a bonus.

Really? My wife replaced the starter weapon at 19. Yours lasted you till 30? That's pretty impressive.

Lol @ Panther. That is one useless pet. It has been exiled into the inactive pet roster.
  • Options
    scruffycavetrollscruffycavetroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    OP, hope I can make you feel a little better. I purchased both the Hero & Guardian packs.

I played the game for a few hours before buying the Hero, and it was my second day of playing I got the Guardian.

I don't regret the purchases. NW did these packs right, in that all the items you want to be able to make characters with are there. The starter weapon you get is really really good. My highest toon just hit 19 last night, and only now am I starting to find weapons that deal slightly more damage, but way less in terms of other bonuses, so within a few levels I'll get rid of it, but it lasted a long time!

you get bigger bag space that non founders would need to pay money for.

I also founded in MWO (Mechwarrrior online), this type of arguement happened there also, and the interesting thing is that since their program ended (a long time ago) people are asking them to reinstate it as they want in on what the founders got...so some people who detest the idea now due to the price, may in time wish they had purchased a package.

Sure, $200 is a decent chunk of change, I like the D & D world particularly Forgotten Realms, I looked at the expense as a really really pricey collectors edition. I mean hell, I spent 150 on the GW2 CE, and don't touch that now.

There is a ton of potential here, only time will tell if the game will reach it. Don't regret the expense or feel cheated, even if the value of the package is $220, you still got a "deal".

Play the game until you feel you've gotten your monies worth, the more you play, the lower your cost per minute / hour becomes...so if you play lets say 60 hours, it basically costs you 3.33 per hour, increase the time this number goes down, so what is it worth to you per hour? Me for example, 260 / maybe 15 is 17.33...now this isn't worth it for me, so I want to play more (and i GENUINELY DO!!) and lower that number.