test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In all seriousness..

xsciasxxsciasx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In all seriousness, what the hell is going on with this game. Gold is nearly worthless, the economy is already blown to hell with all the founder AD inflation, 1% chance to fuse enchantment shards, 24k astral diamond refining PER DAY oh and it'll take you just about the entire day to GET to roughly 24k. 1.4mil AD for gear that is barely as good as T1, the broken *** foundry grinding, I could go on and on. I'm SEVERELY doubting my $60 investment is worth it at this point. One week in and people have already broken the game, GG. I won't point fingers or compare to any other games on the market, but to say the least there is some SERIOUS work that needs to be done do this game. Call me a ****, I'm sure people are gonna post "QQ" or whatever, but its seriously ridiculous that a week in and I already feel that playing the game is pointless due to the inability to amount to anything besides grinding day in day out for a scant amount of astral diamonds that will in the end amount to nothing again due to the mad inflation. OH and the 360 coin companion for invocation? I feel sorry for the person who spends a year to get that let down.
Post edited by xsciasx on

Comments

• scrybatogscrybatog Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should have donated yoru money instead, would have went to a less cash grabby cause, and one that will still be around in 3 months.
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    breathe in...

Consider that you can still do fun things like questing, dungeons (with friends or make new friends), or pvp for many many hours. Mroe hours than $60 worth.

breathe out...

repeat.
  • iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly this "mmorpg" is gonna end up like swtor. just a huge cash cow and sadly again, the fanboys will buy into this garbage.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    scrybatog wrote: »
    You should have donated yoru money instead, would have went to a less cash grabby cause, and one that will still be around in 3 months.

No kidding. Maybe someday we can get what we deserve like devs who work for free. Free hardware. Investors who have no desire to see a return on investment. Then we will have a great mmo......
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be something worth while to dump gold into. Its just stockpiling atm. Or at least allow gold to xfer to AD or create a vendor with more worthwhile items for gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Buy companions with gold and list them on the AH
  • sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you start having to pay 20 silver for injury kits and a fortune on potions, you will be glad that gold isn't used for anything else.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy companions with gold and list them on the AH

This. Or buy skill kits and then sell on the AH the rares. And I wish kids without monthly allowance stopped calling every adult with a steady job a 'fanboy'
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a game. Calm down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    This. Or buy skill kits and then sell on the AH the rares. And I wish kids without monthly allowance stopped calling every adult with a steady job a 'fanboy'

This would be more beneficial if the Companion Tomes were already out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This.

/10char
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    This would be more beneficial if the Companion Tomes were already out

You can still sell mats (especially the rare ones) and when the companion tomes will be out you should be able to sell leveled companions too, I suppose.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well there are nearly daily patches so you can CLEARLY see cryptics intention to improve on the game - even they cant forsee anything. But you should givem that and show some god **** respect for the work they pu int! Besides, i started with the 600k AD from the guardian pack, now im lvl 50 and have 2 Million AD - so i dont see where the **** your problem is really...

the stuff that sells for high prices is all the crafting and enchanting stuff (rare/purple) - so just sell that when you come across, grab any kits you can for silver and get the chance to find blue crafting gear...i didnt do that before end lvl 40 really cause i didnt care...once i started, within 5 lvls i allready sold stuff for 500k in the ah...
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gold isn't worthless at 60. I didn't need any before, but now I spend more on healing potions and major injury kits than I make, so the 50g I had when I hit 60 are slowly going down. Half of the problem is that Greater Identification Scrolls are not dropping much, so selling all the greens you get by farming dungeons aren't really helping much.

Currently I find it harder to make gold than AD.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    There needs to be something worth while to dump gold into. Its just stockpiling atm. Or at least allow gold to xfer to AD or create a vendor with more worthwhile items for gold.

Simple economic concept here. If they let you convert gold toAD then farmers will have pwe out of business in a few weeks. Just the way it is. Using gold to buy equipment similar thing unless it is lesser quality at which point the forum would blow up with complaints about that also.

The solution though is pretty simple....dont spend it. You automatically get it and requires no effort on your part and hurts you in no way. If it that upsettung to you just ignore that it is there. Personally I buy lots of pots and kits and use them liberally so I donta have all that much excess yet. When I do though I am sure I can handle it....
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sinborn wrote: »
    When you start having to pay 20 silver for injury kits and a fortune on potions, you will be glad that gold isn't used for anything else.

True and not true, because even by spending gold to buy them, you earn that much gold during epic dungeons looting. I even started passing on everything which is not boss drop because i spend more on AD for scrolls than gold for kits and pots...
  • wolonggongwolonggong Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinborn wrote: »

^This x10

Seriously, I doubt most people complaining have gotten past level 40.

Also, the founder AD is what is keep ZEN lower than 500 AD per ZEN. Without that founder AD having inflated the market not only would ZEN be staying at 500, but YOU wouldn't be able to sell squat on the AH because few people have AD to spend at all...

However, I do believe there should be a Gold to AD vendor...but at a high rate like 1G per 500AD.

Thus 1G = 500AD = 1 Zen.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    True and not true, because even by spending gold to buy them, you earn that much gold during epic dungeons looting. I even started passing on everything which is not boss drop because i spend more on AD for scrolls than gold for kits and pots...

You only cover the costs for the potions and the kits because you pay AD for the scrolls, so you basically convert AD to gold.
  • accessdenied89accessdenied89 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    No kidding. Maybe someday we can get what we deserve like devs who work for free. Free hardware. Investors who have no desire to see a return on investment. Then we will have a great mmo......

Stop kissing ***. You are taking things far out of context. You are no better than a troll when you say ignorant stuff like this. What it costs to play this game the way it should be played, will cost you FAR more than $15 a month to play. So don't sit there and say "Oh well you're right, Devs should work for free", just so you can make someone with a legitimate argument who's complaining feel like an ***. What they're doing is nickle and diming and it's BS. So shut your troll mouth kid, you don't fool anyone and the Dev's won't do anything for your brown nosing.
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    You only cover the costs for the potions and the kits because you pay AD for the scrolls, so you basically convert AD to gold.

Nah not true again, because you don't consider of the 24k AD you get with dailies. i could buy 60 scrolls (7500 AD) and still i would spend nothing because the only thing i would touch is the daily AD earn balance. Then, i get items, sell items, get gold and gold, buy kits and pots when needed and so on. Still i cannot run lower than 70 gold pieces...
  • thegoa42othegoa42o Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I wish kids without monthly allowance stopped calling every adult with a steady job a 'fanboy'

you sir win the thread....
    edited May 2013
    wolonggong wrote: »
    Also, the founder AD is what is keep ZEN lower than 500 AD per ZEN. Without that founder AD having inflated the market not only would ZEN be staying at 500 ....

The founder AD is why the rate started at 500:1 (500 AD = 1 Zen). Today, the rate dropped below 400:1. In a few months, it may be 100:1. So basically, Astral Diamonds become more valuable the more time passes and Zen buy you less and less AD. (I bought 15M AD at 500:1, and will double my investment if I re-sell them at 250:1.) This also means that the cash store value of the daily cap from refining ADs steadily increases.

This is the reason why I only sell things at the AH and don't buy anything (except the phoera), currently.
    edited May 2013
    wolonggong wrote: »
    ^This x10

Seriously, I doubt most people complaining have gotten past level 40.

Also, the founder AD is what is keep ZEN lower than 500 AD per ZEN. Without that founder AD having inflated the market not only would ZEN be staying at 500, but YOU wouldn't be able to sell squat on the AH because few people have AD to spend at all...

However, I do believe there should be a Gold to AD vendor...but at a high rate like 1G per 500AD.

Thus 1G = 500AD = 1 Zen.

You seem to not understand the trajectory of zen to AD pricing. It started at 500 to 1 because of the I nflation of AD and because economy is new. It has steadily dropped to around 430 to 1 on my server and continues going down. I would expect it to level off around 300 to 1 in few months. Point is the inflation was with AD so expecting the rate to get back to 500 to 1 makes no sense at all.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i for my part find the discussion futile, i would estimate that i have put about 50-60 hours into the game, at 60 bucks - thats 1 dollar per hour fun, thats a **** cheap hooker if you ask me...
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    Nah not true again, because you don't consider of the 24k AD you get with dailies.

The value of ADs doesn't change depending on where you got them from. 24k AD equal 60 Zen, as of today's rate. So, you are converting AD (which have a Zen value) to gold, if you use them to buy scrolls and then sell the identified greens to an NPC. It's like buying gold, essentially.
  • areanna2areanna2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iminers242 wrote: »
    Sadly this "mmorpg" is gonna end up like swtor. just a huge cash cow and sadly again, the fanboys will buy into this garbage.

Guess if I am a fan"girl" that makes you what a whiner? Just because not everyone finds something to gripe about with this mmo does not mean they should be classified as a fan or on the other side a QQer?

Most people did little research and knew exactly what they were in for. Sorry if you feel let down or whatever, but had you done your homework or played beta a bit more before jumping on the NW bandwagon you might have better informed about the game overall?

Bottom line its FTP and no one forced people to buy it or to buy anything in game, you can manage just find without spending any cash.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give your gold to your friendly neighborhood tank so he can stock up on top level potions... Oh wait have enough for that, buy your noobs mounts, oh wait have enough for that... buy crafting supplies, oh still have surplus gold...uhhh give us street beggers and a title for giving away 1000 gold to beggars yeah thats it!
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • komablackkomablack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xsciasx wrote: »
    I'm sure people are gonna post "QQ" or whatever

You've already done that for us.
  • thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In contrast, we have Grinding Gear Games, a small dev team out of New Zealand.

As for the champions of the current iteration, it was pretty obvious right off the bat that an infinite currency being traded for a finite currency was going to be devalued to the point of worthlessness pretty fast.

Gold in Diablo 2, or gold in Diablo 3, for that matter, provide excellent examples of what happens when a gaming company tells their playerbase that their worthless currency has value.

Then the playerbase tries to use that currency for anything, which is why a currency has value, and find that it has no use, and therefore no value.

Repairs, potions, id scrolls. Wait, you can't even use it to buy id scrolls. One step down from Diablo 2, and that was 10+ years ago?

This situation is entirely predictable, they allow you to trade store currency for in-game currency, there's no limit on the in-game currency quantity, and a natural limit to the amount of zen available, because people won't spend more money on zen than they physically have, the limited amount of zen in game will seem to "climb" in value as the astral diamonds go from common to common as stones to common as dirt to completely and utterly worthless.

Predictable.

Zimbabwe.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a short term whaling operation to pay for the next game.

Waste of the D & D franchise.